The first PSV bundle annouced for North America

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Sailorcancer2004
Captain

PostPosted: Fri Oct 28, 2011 12:52 am
If you find the current Vita package to be a little lackluster. This could be for you!

The First Edition Bundle will be coming to both the USA and Canada. With both having one slight different.

Both will include the following:

4GB Memory Card
Little Deviants
Limited Edition Case

The difference is in which Vita is given. The USA bundle will have the 3G model while the Canadian one includes the WiFi model. This of course means the price will be different. The USA model will be $350 and the Canadian one will be $300.

Finally, people who purchase this bundle will receive it one week before the launch of the Vita.

The bundle is available at Amazon.com

http://blog.us.playstation.com/2011/10/27/get-your-hands-on-ps-vita-early-with-the-first-edition-bundle/  
PostPosted: Sat Dec 10, 2011 6:56 am
I have a pre-order with EB, not so concerned with the bundles at the moment. I think the reason the WiFi one is for Canadians is partially because its likely to be less popular. Due to how we get screwed by companies that supply our internet via 3G networks.  

Si-Shen
Vice Captain

Hallowed Knight

8,700 Points
  • Battle: Knight 100
  • Jack-pot 100
  • Battle: KO 200

Sailorcancer2004
Captain

PostPosted: Mon Dec 12, 2011 7:26 pm
Si-Shen
I have a pre-order with EB, not so concerned with the bundles at the moment. I think the reason the WiFi one is for Canadians is partially because its likely to be less popular. Due to how we get screwed by companies that supply our internet via 3G networks.

Which carrier is supplying the 3G to the Canadian Vita?  
PostPosted: Tue Dec 13, 2011 4:03 pm
Its not been announced yet, but a guess would be Rogers as they seem to get the Sony stuff. It will be Rogers or Bell either way, both companies hold the majority of the population hostage as they have the networks set up.

These are the EB Canada options so far for the PS Vita:

http://www.ebgames.ca/ps-vita/consoles/playstationvita-wi-fi-system/308562
http://www.ebgames.ca/playstation-vita-first-edition-bundle-wi-fi-system/311802

And... what is wierd is that in store you can get the 3G version but they seem to have pulled the online stuff about it.  

Si-Shen
Vice Captain

Hallowed Knight

8,700 Points
  • Jack-pot 100

Si-Shen
Vice Captain

Hallowed Knight

8,700 Points
  • Jack-pot 100
PostPosted: Sat Jan 07, 2012 1:16 pm
As per my comment in the Japanese release thread:

The Vita 3G in Canada seems to be delayed until "April" for no publically known reason but I have my guess.

Right now Rogers and Bell, the two companies that hold a monopoly on pretty much ALL cell towers have two types of plans for 3G devices, "rape you now a little" or "rape you now a lot" I suspect that Sony is holding back because they know that if you have to fork out $35 a month for 1GB of 3G, no one is going to want their system and I bet the two idiot companies are to stupid to see how much they are hurting things here.

As for other companies, the other companies rent space on those 2 networks and the way our systems are set here the CRTC protects those two companies from non-Canadian companies getting in on the market.  
PostPosted: Fri Jan 13, 2012 11:07 am
I think they'd go with Rogers. I'm not up with my Canadian carriers, but I think the only GSM Bell has is HSPA+ and LTE. To my knowledge the Vita doesn't use HSPA+, but I can't seem to confirm it.

Though, with how Tmobile and AT&T are calling HSPA+ "4G", I doubt they'd let Sony call the Vita a 3G device, and have it use HSPA+.  

Sailorcancer2004
Captain

Si-Shen
Vice Captain

Hallowed Knight

8,700 Points
  • Jack-pot 100
PostPosted: Sat Jan 14, 2012 8:13 am
Your likely right but its all the fighting over the stupid costs of their data plans here, right now your looking at about $35 for 500mb and up to $75 if you go up to but stay under 7GB... and thats a month.  
PostPosted: Sat Feb 18, 2012 8:02 pm
Now that's my bundle! Cant wait to finally have a handheld like this smile ) Played one at local gamestop, was some soccer bullshit and I still had fun.
Rayman origins! Lawl  

Lol---Trask

The Sony Playstation Guild

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces