Welcome to Gaia! ::

The Dungeons & Dragons Guild

Back to Guilds

A Dungeons & Dragons Roleplaying Guild - We have many active games, join requests are checked often, and everyone is accepted. 

Tags: Dungeons, Dragons, Roleplaying, Dungeons and Dragons 

Reply The Dungeons & Dragons Guild
[Pathfinder] Modern Heroes [Game starting in Subforum!] Goto Page: 1 2 3 ... 4 5 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Dallas Moonrain

PostPosted: Fri Oct 14, 2011 8:04 pm
It was just a normal day. You were running a little early for school for some reason or other--maybe you had practice or were meeting a friend. In any case, you were walking near the football field when you heard something that drew you closer, and then there was a sudden flash of light...

When you opened your eyes again, you were still standing around the edge of the football field. Several other people were there as well--possibly friends, possibly enemies, possibly people you knew only by name or reputation. But in the days since, you've all discovered that you have gained some new abilities...amazing abilities.....

Campaign Information

All of your characters are students at Riverdale High School just outside of St. Louis, MO. It's a big school, but you all knew each other at least by name before the flash that brought you power. (Feel free to talk amongst yourselves and determine if you are friends, enemies, or whatever you like.) You've all started hanging out together once you gained your powers, whether you like each other or not.

But all of this sudden power has come with a drawback. Something that was important to you has been lost--and only you remember that you ever had it. In the story idea I had that inspired this game, one character had been a star quarterback but was not any more. Another had her perfect 4.0 fall to a 2.0. A third found she had never actually dated her boyfriend, and a fourth changed gender. I'll leave this open-ended, but I do expect an explanation of what it is your character lost.

Character Creation

Available Sources: Pathfinder Core, Advanced Player's Guide, Psionics Unleashed (from Dreamscarred Press), Ultimate Combat, Ultimate Magic, Spell Compendium, Magic Item Compendium. I'm okay with allowing classes/feats from WotC 3.5e books as well, but please ask first.
Race: Human
Level: 10
Ability Scores: 25 point Pathfinder stat buy. If you're not familiar with it, here is where to find it.
Hit Points: Max.
Alignment: Any Good or Neutral. No Evil--you're the good guys.
Gear: I can't come up with an explanation for why you would have a lot of magical gear. I'll allow masterwork weapons and armor as befit your character and no more than 3 interesting magic items that together cost 10,000 gp or less. In addition, you may have the following bonuses that would normally come from gear:
+2 weapon (you may trade out a +1 bonus for an equivalent special ability if desired). Note: If you have multiple weapons, they all have this bonus, and monks may apply this enhancement to their unarmed strikes.
+3 armor (you may trade up to +2 of the bonus for equivalent special abilities if desired)
+2 shield (again, +1 may be traded out)
+1 resistance bonus to saves
+1 deflection bonus and +1 natural armor bonus to AC
+2 enhancement bonus to any one ability score

Spellcasters who do not wear armor may instead have 5000 gp worth of wands and scrolls.

In addition, all weapons are considered to have the mercy enchantment, and all spellcasters are considered to have Merciful Spell as a free feat (which does not increase casting time for spontaneous casters). You exist in the modern day, you should at least be able to not take out civilians. Both effects are suppressible if you wish--but make sure to consider that there will be consequences if you cause collateral damage.

You may also have 2 traits, as per Pathfinder rules.

I'm looking for 4-5 players. Let me know if you're interested!

Characters

Sebastian
Irene White
Shawn Thompson
Liana Richards
Hillary Moore  
PostPosted: Fri Oct 14, 2011 8:10 pm
Bing, this cat is interested!  

InsaneKatKing

Desirable Shapeshifter

8,350 Points
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Ultimate Player 200
  • Elocutionist 200

Disciple of Sakura

Liberal Lover

PostPosted: Fri Oct 14, 2011 8:38 pm
As always, count me as interested. I'm thinking using the Gunslinger from Ultimate Combat and the Pathfinder SRD... a cop who lost the last five years of her life, de-aging into highschool and forced to go through it yet again...  
PostPosted: Fri Oct 14, 2011 8:41 pm
Yay interest! And though I forgot to add Ultimate Combat to the list (largely because I forgot it existed redface ), I'm good with that, DoS. And I love the drawback! Very cool. smile  

Dallas Moonrain

InsaneKatKing

Desirable Shapeshifter

8,350 Points
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Ultimate Player 200
  • Elocutionist 200
PostPosted: Fri Oct 14, 2011 8:53 pm
Dallas Moonrain
Yay interest! And though I forgot to add Ultimate Combat to the list (largely because I forgot it existed redface ), I'm good with that, DoS. And I love the drawback! Very cool. smile

what's the XP Speed? Slow medium or fast? i'm picky with my info lol  
PostPosted: Fri Oct 14, 2011 9:46 pm
It sounds interesting, but what's the drive of the action? Are we all gonna be busy copying Craig Futterman's homework before class, or is there something happening that might give us cause to use these powers?  

Arc Vembris
Crew

Dallas Moonrain

PostPosted: Sat Oct 15, 2011 10:22 am
InsaneKatKing475

what's the XP Speed? Slow medium or fast? i'm picky with my info lol

I honestly hadn't given it much thought....we'll probably go with fast, just because the way games tend to die on these boards, it's probably your best chance of leveling....Not that I intend to let the game die, but neither do any of the other DMs at the time they create their game...

Arc Vembris

It sounds interesting, but what's the drive of the action? Are we all gonna be busy copying Craig Futterman's homework before class, or is there something happening that might give us cause to use these powers?

What, you think you won't use your powers copying homework? That's what amanuensis is for, right? wink

I don't have it all planned out yet, but let's just say that you are not the only ones with powers here, and that that will become immediately obvious pretty much as soon as the game begins. I'm intending to start off with some sort of battle.

Also, on an entirely separate note, you may assume that, as normal teenagers in America, you probably all have cell phones (probably with unlimited texting), at least one of you probably has access to a car, and you probably don't ever have to worry about your next meal or anything like that--unless you think it would be interesting for your character to be otherwise. smile  
PostPosted: Sat Oct 15, 2011 12:05 pm
Dallas Moonrain

Alrighty then. For jsut further clarification, because while I was going through and making this character, some things flagged in my mind. one, srsly? complete max for hp? or just 1st level max and roll out the other 9, or some other combonation of that.

As for the armor/weapons, my character shan't be using a shield, which is all fine and dandy, and I don't expect anything in return, considering as far as it seems, this character is going to deal some heavy damage. (not kidding here, with everything going as i've got it so far. which i've followed through with the pathfinder rules and regulations to the best of my knowledge.)  

InsaneKatKing

Desirable Shapeshifter

8,350 Points
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Ultimate Player 200
  • Elocutionist 200

Dallas Moonrain

PostPosted: Sat Oct 15, 2011 5:52 pm
Well, remember that whatever you will fighting would probably have max hp as well. Plus, then I can max out damage on your opponents without worrying about killing you all with one hit. twisted  
PostPosted: Sat Oct 15, 2011 5:54 pm
Dallas Moonrain
Well, remember that whatever you will fighting would probably have max hp as well. Plus, then I can max out damage on your opponents without worrying about killing you all with one hit. twisted

Fair enough. Alright, so, i just need to get a background and something important lost in that manner and i'll be good to go and post him.  

InsaneKatKing

Desirable Shapeshifter

8,350 Points
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Ultimate Player 200
  • Elocutionist 200

Disciple of Sakura

Liberal Lover

PostPosted: Sat Oct 15, 2011 6:31 pm
So... are we eligible for traits as well as feats?  
PostPosted: Sat Oct 15, 2011 6:45 pm
Yes. You may have 2 traits. Meant to add to first post.  

Dallas Moonrain

InsaneKatKing

Desirable Shapeshifter

8,350 Points
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Ultimate Player 200
  • Elocutionist 200
PostPosted: Sat Oct 15, 2011 7:54 pm
Sebastian - Human Two Handed Fighter

i'm hoping most of this is right. If its not, please tell me what I need to fix.

and my starting stats were 16, 14, 16, 10, 10, 10. In that order lol  
PostPosted: Sun Oct 16, 2011 5:43 pm
InsaneKatKing475
Sebastian - Human Two Handed Fighter

i'm hoping most of this is right. If its not, please tell me what I need to fix.

and my starting stats were 16, 14, 16, 10, 10, 10. In that order lol

Looks good--except that it looks like the sheet does not autofigure adding in the +3 for being a class skill, so your climb and intimidate should be 3 points higher. smile

Otherwise, character looks great! Now we just need a few more people to notice the thread....  

Dallas Moonrain

Disciple of Sakura

Liberal Lover

PostPosted: Sun Oct 16, 2011 5:45 pm
Dallas Moonrain
+2 weapon (you may trade out a +1 bonus for an equivalent special ability if desired). Note: If you have multiple weapons, they all have this bonus, and monks may apply this enhancement to their unarmed strikes.

If we cannibalize the +2 into a +1 and a special, do all our weapons have to have the same special? What if said special isn't able to be on the appropriate weapon (for example, a ranged-only enhancement)?

Also related... is it possible to take the Superior Unarmed Strike feat from Tome of Battle to get a better unarmed strike damage progression?  
The Dungeons & Dragons Guild

Goto Page: 1 2 3 ... 4 5 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff