Welcome to Gaia! ::

The Dungeons & Dragons Guild

Back to Guilds

A Dungeons & Dragons Roleplaying Guild - We have many active games, join requests are checked often, and everyone is accepted. 

Tags: Dungeons, Dragons, Roleplaying, Dungeons and Dragons 

Reply The Dungeons & Dragons Guild
[PATHFINDER] Forgotten Realms: ADVENTURES!! (Always open) Goto Page: 1 2 3 ... 4 5 6 7 8 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Please join. Pleaseohpleaseohpleaseohplease join.
  Okay.
View Results

Slave Xaccheus

PostPosted: Fri Oct 14, 2011 12:19 pm
[ Character Sheets ]

[ Premise/Foreword ]

The idea behind this campaign is to finally get something going, so for once in someone's life (preferably mine) will you just join it? I'm bored and have no friends in real life, so I have to resort to begging you guys for some kind of attention to even feel like I exist at all.

Inspiration-wise, it was the same as my last attempted campaign run, but it was also inspired by my recently-finished novel (I got so bored I managed to start and finish a book. I'm that lonely) and a few exploits of my main character. I'm not expecting you to do any of that, I'm just saying what inspired me. Please don't let that stop you from joining. Please join.

I'm serious. I have no friends. I'm serious about this in that I really, really, really want someone to join because this is all I have going for me. Seriously. I'm a lonely, manic-depressive computer geek. The other kids at school think I'm planning on shooting everyone because I didn't go to any school functions or anything else and because of that, they don't want me hanging out with them in the future because they think I'm going to end up killing someone if they even give me the time of day. I don't even have any firearms at home. I don't have any weapons, period. I can't even fight.

Getting back on track, please just try to work your way into this, or at the very least join into the thread just to complain about how much you don't like it. Please?

[ Setting Information/Background ]

You'd be surprised how fast some things can change over time. In just a small two-hundred years, the entire world seems to have blossomed into something, but no sages are sure just what we've blossomed into. Or, for that matter, how our blossom will change in the upcoming years.

Oh, my apologies. You'll want an introduction first. My name is Astrianna Urdens'blum, of some relation to an old hero. I'm a silvaan, the newest term for a Half-elf in these years, and I'm a scholar at the Second Netherese University. I'm studying to be a professor of arcanology (that's the study of magic), but the history of the world just fascinates me so much!

As I was saying, Abeir-Toril has certainly changed in the last 200 years. Many blank, uncharted territories have been filled in both above-ground and in the cavernous reaches of the Underdark. To think, ages ago we'd used feudalism or theocracy as a system of government.

You're not likely to find that today, thanks to an alliance between the kingdoms of Faerun and the Confederacy of Anchorome. With the recent expansion of communications (thanks to magic!) and the ratification of the Second Netheril Convention, this alliance has managed to purge many of the old practices used in the past and redefine much of our culture. In this day and age, you're likely to see quite a few drow and high elves sharing a drink and chatting about their next adventure. See, when the Convention was ratified, it defined in bold writing what the worth of any sentient creature's life, and expressed their rights and all manner of things. Since then, we've been in an era of relative peace.

That relative's the big part, however. We haven't been able to reach everyone just yet as far as peace and equality, and with the spread of new ideas and free thinking, many gods have been losing their touch on the world. Natural disasters are on the rise, including floods, storms, and most notably of all: Meteor showers as Selune started breaking apart a century ago. There's ruins all over the place, ancient and new, from what was referred to as "The Shifting."

"The shifting" created ample opportunities for new adventures, which is why I've left Netheril to study on my own accord. The entire world has shifted. It's up to us to see how we'll adapt to it.
[ Game Introduction/Plot ]

It is the year 102 AS (After Shifting). Technology and politics has elevated to a mixture of arcane knowledge, victorian mundanity, and modern-world econmics and politics. There is ample opportunity for adventure even in this day and age.

We all meet in a bar. Let's see where this goes from here.

[ Character Creation ]

Available Sources: Everything has a place in forgotten realms, especially now. Any 3.0, 3.5, or PATHFINDER sourcebook is available for use, from Paizo/WOTC or otherwise provided it's run by me. The campaign setting is at PL 4 (for those using d20 modern supplements) with much Steampunk elements (so the D&D-compatible Iron Kingdoms elements are allowed).
Banned Resources: If it doesn't fit the parameters, it's not allowed. I also would rather not have homebrew content (the magazines are allowed).

ECL: I'm feeling generous, so 6.
Gold: Standard
Races: Any that fit the ECL.
Ability Scores*: I finally know what point buy is! 32-point buy or just roll it normally.
xxxxxxxxxx*
Hit Points: Max at first die, rolled from then on.
Alignments: Any, but I'm placing an anti-stupid filter on all evil alignments.
Pantheon: Any; just because worship is lax doesn't mean we don't still pay homage to the deities. They just aren't as heavily payed-homage-to as they used to be.
Backgrounds: Two extra ability points and 6 skill points to any who fill this section out.

[ House/Optional Rules ]

1] I'm willing to guide you through class variants and how they can fit into Pathfinder. Unearthed Arcana's allowed here for Races, Classes, and for Racial Paragon classes.
2] Firearms and complex devices will malfunction on a roll of a natural 1. I have tables for this already.
3]I give XP for good role-playing; this does not mean that you will get XP for murdering another PC because that's what your character would do.
4] To add variety, Weapon Groups.

PostPosted: Fri Oct 14, 2011 2:05 pm
Eternality_Cannon

Hmm, can i roll out my stats and then, if I don't like the result or if it is too low, switch over to a 32 point buy?  

InsaneKatKing

Desirable Shapeshifter

8,350 Points
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Ultimate Player 200
  • Elocutionist 200

Mongooseh

Distinct Raider

8,825 Points
  • Demonic Associate 100
  • Guildmember 100
  • Hellraiser 500
PostPosted: Fri Oct 14, 2011 2:07 pm
Cannae trust ya eternality. Last time I did you never got the game past character creation.

(And that was after a already bad track record with your games.)  
PostPosted: Fri Oct 14, 2011 2:22 pm
Eternality_Cannon

also, what will be the experience speed? Slow medium or fast?  

InsaneKatKing

Desirable Shapeshifter

8,350 Points
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Ultimate Player 200
  • Elocutionist 200

Slave Xaccheus

PostPosted: Fri Oct 14, 2011 2:22 pm
Mongooseh
Cannae trust ya eternality. Last time I did you never got the game past character creation.

That's because nobody posted after that. I'd LOVE to get a game running, believe me. But, as the fickle hand of fate is keen to remind me, YOU won't let a grudge go, and I'M the one blamed when said grudge screws everything up. I tried starting two games last time. They both fizzled out after one guy posted.

I think I'm starting to notice a trend with humans.

Oh, and Kat, yes. You can use point buy if you don't get favorable results on the ability rolls.  
PostPosted: Fri Oct 14, 2011 2:23 pm
InsaneKatKing475
Eternality_Cannon

also, what will be the experience speed? Slow medium or fast?

I'll go with medium. I like a nice, happy medium.  

Slave Xaccheus

Mongooseh

Distinct Raider

8,825 Points
  • Demonic Associate 100
  • Guildmember 100
  • Hellraiser 500
PostPosted: Fri Oct 14, 2011 2:24 pm
Eternality_Cannon
Mongooseh

That's because nobody posted after that. I'd LOVE to get a game running, believe me. But, as the fickle hand of fate is keen to remind me, YOU won't let a grudge go, and I'M the one blamed when said grudge screws everything up. I tried starting two games last time. They both fizzled out after one guy posted.

I think I'm starting to notice a trend with humans.

Oh, and Kat, yes. You can use point buy if you don't get favorable results on the ability rolls.

I think I'm noticing a trend in eternality cannon.

Starts game.

People Join.

It dies.

Wooooo.  
PostPosted: Fri Oct 14, 2011 2:25 pm
Woot. so 5d6 drop lowest 2?  

InsaneKatKing

Desirable Shapeshifter

8,350 Points
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Ultimate Player 200
  • Elocutionist 200

Slave Xaccheus

PostPosted: Fri Oct 14, 2011 2:30 pm
InsaneKatKing475
Woot. so 5d6 drop lowest 2?

Eeyup. Let's get to it.  
PostPosted: Fri Oct 14, 2011 2:31 pm
Woah there! Go calm down. I'm just pointing out the one I did join didn't even start. Me and disciple of sakura had characters made and souther cross nemesis? was making one from a homebrew class and... Then you disappeared as you said but promised to continue it when you came back.

Also I suggest you realise if that is your reaction to me I think loads of people will want to join with your aggressive state of mind.  

Mongooseh

Distinct Raider

8,825 Points
  • Demonic Associate 100
  • Guildmember 100
  • Hellraiser 500
Slave Xaccheus rolled 5 8-sided dice: 6, 8, 5, 4, 4 Total: 27 (5-40)

Slave Xaccheus

PostPosted: Fri Oct 14, 2011 2:32 pm
((Rolling health for the GMPC))  
PostPosted: Fri Oct 14, 2011 2:32 pm
Oi! Bring that post back! Don't delete it like you deleted your dmpc health rolls!  

Mongooseh

Distinct Raider

8,825 Points
  • Demonic Associate 100
  • Guildmember 100
  • Hellraiser 500
InsaneKatKing rolled 15 6-sided dice: 2, 6, 5, 4, 1, 4, 6, 5, 3, 5, 6, 2, 5, 1, 5 Total: 60 (15-90)

InsaneKatKing

Desirable Shapeshifter

8,350 Points
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Ultimate Player 200
  • Elocutionist 200
PostPosted: Fri Oct 14, 2011 2:34 pm
first 3 stats.  
The Dungeons & Dragons Guild

Goto Page: 1 2 3 ... 4 5 6 7 8 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff