Welcome to Gaia! ::

The Dungeons & Dragons Guild

Back to Guilds

A Dungeons & Dragons Roleplaying Guild - We have many active games, join requests are checked often, and everyone is accepted. 

Tags: Dungeons, Dragons, Roleplaying, Dungeons and Dragons 

Reply The Dungeons & Dragons Guild
[3.5e DnD] Defenders of the New Realm (moved to subforum) Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 6

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

The Graverobber Max

5,800 Points
  • Peoplewatcher 100
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Friendly 100
PostPosted: Fri Oct 28, 2011 7:26 pm
so I'm good to go then?  
PostPosted: Fri Oct 28, 2011 7:59 pm
Yep! Post whenever you like.

I usually wait for all players to post before I go ahead, but if its been two days and someone hasn't RPed yet they are assumed to be doing the same as the group and I'll move on.

On a sidenote, you'll mainly be RPing for a little while as I sort out the engagements you might face later. So use this time to meet and greet the others, learn about your characters and do what an adventuring party would usually do on a three or more day journey to their destination.

biggrin

I may throw in a little engagement on your travels...just to keep you interested!

BegrudginglyGood

KytanaTheThief
Crew

PostPosted: Fri Oct 28, 2011 8:50 pm
All the stats look fine, the only problem I have depends on the answer to a question I asked earlier and wasn't told. How much gold do we get? Because your weapon is 320, and your armor is 175, making a whopping total of just under 500 gold...not to mention a few other things in your possessions list.  
PostPosted: Fri Oct 28, 2011 9:08 pm
Oh, I'll edit in something really quick. Then, if need be I'll allow you to get your better gear (that you currently have listed) in the city before departing.  

BegrudginglyGood

KytanaTheThief
Crew

PostPosted: Fri Oct 28, 2011 9:29 pm
Mmmm, kk. Depending on how much it is, I might upgrade my weapon, but that's probably it. I'm pretty happy with everything else I have  
PostPosted: Fri Oct 28, 2011 9:37 pm
500 gp...will that be enough?

I figured that they wouldn't want to give you the total payment up front since to them it would probably just end up on a corpse in the mine. But they would want you to have the best chance of success.

BegrudginglyGood

KytanaTheThief
Crew

PostPosted: Fri Oct 28, 2011 10:05 pm
500gp is more than enough for me, considering I was running off 166gp for all my current items. But then, i'm frugal XD

Max up there will have to edit though, since in addition to her rapier and armor for 495 gp, she also has a masterwork lute that's another 100....and i'd say roughly under 150 worth of gp from all the other items combined.....  
PostPosted: Fri Oct 28, 2011 10:15 pm
Ok. Sorry ^^; I had a friend help me get it set up, so I was just going off of what he had told me. I'll get that fix as soon as I can  

The Graverobber Max

5,800 Points
  • Peoplewatcher 100
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Friendly 100

The Graverobber Max

5,800 Points
  • Peoplewatcher 100
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Friendly 100
PostPosted: Fri Oct 28, 2011 11:16 pm
I think I got everything fixed. Please let me know if I mis-calculated or something. Maxuel Adams - Musician  
PostPosted: Fri Oct 28, 2011 11:20 pm
Do you think you could add in a bit of Background/History?

If anything I might find something useful to include from it later on.

BegrudginglyGood

KytanaTheThief
Crew

PostPosted: Sat Oct 29, 2011 5:52 am
The Graverobber Max
I think I got everything fixed. Please let me know if I mis-calculated or something. Maxuel Adams - Musician

Lol, you didn't have to get rid of everything. She did say 500. If you gave up a few of your more expensive possessions (which you did), you could have kept one of your masterwork items.

*tally's up*

I hate converting sp and cp into decimals or seperate amounts, so I'm just gonna round up to 220. Right now, you have 220gp worth of items. So, while the masterwork rapier is out (since it would add 300), you could still get the masterwork armor (only 150 extra), and still have enough left over for a few of the items you got rid of. I would say you could keep the mule, but I'm not sure how that would work from a story standpoint, considering how fast we're supposed to be riding...

(if you can't tell, I'm a bit of a nerd xp )

Also, good news! I'm pretty sure I read that bards don't incur spell failure percents for light armor.

(as taken from the phb smile "Because the somatic components required for bard spells are relatively simple, a bard can cast bard spells while wearing light
armor without incurring the normal arcane spell failure chance."  
PostPosted: Sat Oct 29, 2011 7:43 am
OK, got a background added in. I'll probably ad a few small items back in now that I'm more awake lol. The friend who helped me wasn't sure if I needed to note the spell failure or not even though I'm playing as a bard (He's mostly been beefy bash them over the head type characters). And does that count for the shield, too?  

The Graverobber Max

5,800 Points
  • Peoplewatcher 100
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Friendly 100

KytanaTheThief
Crew

PostPosted: Sat Oct 29, 2011 8:09 am
hmm...I don't think so, because the passage specifically says "light armor".

*double checks* yah

"However, like any other arcane spellcaster, a bard wearing medium
or heavy armor or using a shield incurs a chance of arcane spell
failure if the spell in question has a somatic component (most do)."  
PostPosted: Sat Oct 29, 2011 8:48 am
Okies, got it fixed (I think). ^^; Thank you for being so helpful!  

The Graverobber Max

5,800 Points
  • Peoplewatcher 100
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Friendly 100
The Dungeons & Dragons Guild

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 6

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items