Welcome to Gaia! ::

The Dungeons & Dragons Guild

Back to Guilds

A Dungeons & Dragons Roleplaying Guild - We have many active games, join requests are checked often, and everyone is accepted. 

Tags: Dungeons, Dragons, Roleplaying, Dungeons and Dragons 

Reply The Dungeons & Dragons Guild
[3.5e DnD] Defenders of the New Realm (moved to subforum) Goto Page: 1 2 3 ... 4 5 6 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

BegrudginglyGood

PostPosted: Fri Oct 14, 2011 12:19 am
[ Character Sheets ]

[ Premise/Foreword ]

Even after the people of the New Realm fight against the poverty and harsh conditions created after fleeing the Home Realm, they battle a formidable enemy. Exploration of the New Realm was hasty, considering the lack of time leading up to the Mass Exodus. And what seemed like a relatively safe and uninhabited other-plane world was far from it. Deep within the canyons, and living in the mass underground catacombs, the Raikak have awoken. Hibernating after depleting the world of a food source hundreds of years ago. They have started to feast once again. The newest food source, humanoids and the variety of domestic livestock that was brought with them, is proving to be a high protein and energy rich delicacy. The Raikak’s drive to repopulate the surface to its former kingdom has begun.

[ Setting Information/Background ]

This occurs after the Mass Exodus. Where Mage's opened a portal to another plane of existence, and hundreds of thousands took the chance of a new life, instead of getting slaughtered by the Baltar. A demon race that was hell bent of the extinction of Light, and of living energy. Only leaving death, and darkness in their wake.

You are ‘Defenders of the New Realm’, raised from survivors of the Home Realm to slay the Raikak and make this world your own. There is no choice, as this enemy takes no prisoners, has no spoken language and will not negotiate or use civil tactics. They are a pure instinct driven primitive race, but they are strong, fierce and outnumber us.

[ Game Introduction/Plot ]

The latest raid on villages, and the confirmed slaughter of hundreds of souls, has High Emperor Dalai calling for all able bodied warriors, magic users and healers to step forward. Among the peasants, and other unskilled men and women, you stand. Born to the survivors of the Mass Exodus, there is something within you that makes your efforts stand out. A spark, a fierceness, a compassion, or anger. Whatever the emotions that make you stronger, they have you on the upward climb and you've been noticed.

General Pan, military leader for the High Emperor has called you forward. Each getting granted the title of Defender of the New Realm, an honor bestowed upon the greatest of warriors. However, in this time of need, you have been granted this privilege and asked to accept a dangerous task.

The High Emperor has been funding the manufacture of a device, capable of burning a hole in even the thickest of stone, and melting the strongest of steel. Bundled inside an urn, you are to deliver this device to a small disused tunnel that bends and curves along underneath the heart of the Catacomb. The rest of the Army will be attacking a stronghold, drawing the attention away from your path, but it will not remove all of your problems. The mining team that discovered this tunnel broke through in several sections, uncovering the molten lava ocean underneath.

The High Emperor plans to collapse the Catacomb, and plunge the 'Raikak Nest' into the unsurvivable magma. Ridding the world of the plight, or at the very least, giving the Army the time to decimate remaining Raikak caught away from the Nest.

[ Character Creation ]

You can play any class in the 3.5e Players Handbook, however to stick with the classes specified below, just call yourself Assassin, Healer, Soldier or Wizard (depending on what the 3.5e class is closest to name wise).

Available Sources: Defenders of the New Realm Rules and Information thread. 3.5e Players Handbook.
Banned Resources: N/A

ECL: 3
Gold: Standard
Races: Any in 3.5e Players Handbook.
Ability Scores*: See House Rules below.
xxxxxxxxxx*
Hit Points: Max
Alignments: Lawful, Neutral, Renegade (All Good Alignments though).
Pantheon: DnD3.5e Gods or Dieties
Backgrounds: Compulsary two paragraph please, no bonus though.

================================================================

I'll also include the classes that you will be able to play.

Classes:

Assassin – At level 5 you choose the path of Rogue or Shadow
Hunter - At level 5 you choose the path of Ranger or Scout
Soldier – At level 5 you choose the path of Gladiator or Templar
Healer – At level 5 you choose the path of Cleric or War Priest
Wizard/Witch – At level 5 you choose the path of Mage or Sorcerer

You can use any spells/powers up to and including Lv 3 DnD3.5e ones, specific to your class (DnD class). These names just apply for IC.

PostPosted: Fri Oct 14, 2011 12:25 am
Campaign Maps:

You've reached the underground catacombs entrance. It's shrouded in greenery, old vines forming some kind of net across the doorway. The rocks have been pushed aside by something strong, and tracks in and out indicate mild levels of activity. Bones litter the ground occasionally, as if someone has been sitting there eating their meal, watching for anyone approaching. But they are not there anymore. You recognize a human femur, and what looks like a jaw bone. Perhaps this was one of the villages taken from nearby.

User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.

The crudely carved stairs lead downwards, but you knew that would happen. You have been instructed to get as deep down before setting up the alchemist's device. It has to fracture the already weak roof of the underground magma sea, you've already met the fissures that steam with the heat from deep below. Looked down through the cracks in the ground that sounds as if they are just waiting to break open even further. And the temperature has become even hotter, your skin thick with sweat and dirt, and perhaps a little blood by now.

When you reach the bottom of the stairs you are faced with two choices. Straight ahead, on the slightly downward path, or a hard left that seems to fall away even quicker.

You hear the voice of those who sent you, "Get deep down, and then run like hell!" But your gut also recognizes the sound of unstable ground straight ahead, and steam seems to rush towards you from that direction.

Deep and stable, or not so deep and possibly very unstable. Choices, choices.

What would increase your chances of collapsing the hive above you?

User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.

LEGEND:

Red - open areas of ground where magma sea can be viewed through.
Blue - Fissures of hot steam, you will need to roll an athletics check to cross them.
Purple - Diamonds, forged in the high pressure environments they have been exposed here. In some cases you may need to roll for balance, as the ground is unstable and often shakes and creaks.  

BegrudginglyGood

BegrudginglyGood

PostPosted: Fri Oct 14, 2011 12:28 am
Some images to inspire...

Raikak
This image is by ~ArchLimit on DeviantArt, and I don't take it as my own, its just perfect for this beast.
http://fc07.deviantart.net/fs70/i/2010/301/a/6/reptile_by_archlimit-d31nzry.jpg

Catacombs
And a hint of what you may find...
by ~overtninja on Deviantart
http://fc09.deviantart.net/fs71/i/2011/062/5/f/underground_ruins_by_overtninja-d3au0ew.jpg

Under the Catacombs
by ~stansonkelly on DeviantArt
http://fc06.deviantart.net/fs8/i/2005/305/4/4/The_Lava_Cavern_by_stansonkelly.jpg

PostPosted: Fri Oct 14, 2011 3:04 am
BegrudgingGood
This is still under construction, but I'm looking for interest already!

Anyone who has help to offer, especially concerning stats, I'm more than happy to coordinate.

I'd probably also pass on DMing this one, basically because I'm a novice. But I'm trying to keep it very simple...I think.

rofl

Raikak
This image is by ~ArchLimit on DeviantArt, and I don't take it as my own, its just perfect for this beast.

Catacombs
http://fc09.deviantart.net/fs71/i/2011/062/5/f/underground_ruins_by_overtninja-d3au0ew.jpg

Under the Catacombs
http://fc06.deviantart.net/fs8/i/2005/305/4/4/The_Lava_Cavern_by_stansonkelly.jpg

I'd suggest not starting a recruitment thread if you're not willing to Dm/Gm. As it is recommended by many do not run a game where your heart is into playing it rather than running it. Also Dm/Gm drafting has a bad track record especially when using a ton of custom and homebrew rules.  

Mongooseh

Distinct Raider

8,825 Points
  • Demonic Associate 100
  • Guildmember 100
  • Hellraiser 500

BegrudginglyGood

PostPosted: Fri Oct 14, 2011 3:36 am
I'll DM if nobody else finds they would like to, and has DMed before.

I'm currently getting my head around what I'll need in that case.

Cheers!

PostPosted: Fri Oct 14, 2011 7:09 pm
Okay, I've decided to just stick with DnD 3.5e Rules, Races, Spells etc.

So make up your usual Character sheets.

The only difference will be your Class name.

Use the four listed in the first post, depending on the closeness to the Class you have chosen.

Thanks!

BegrudginglyGood

Arc Vembris
Crew

PostPosted: Fri Oct 14, 2011 7:38 pm
Mongooseh
BegrudgingGood
This is still under construction, but I'm looking for interest already!

Anyone who has help to offer, especially concerning stats, I'm more than happy to coordinate.

I'd probably also pass on DMing this one, basically because I'm a novice. But I'm trying to keep it very simple...I think.

rofl

Raikak

Catacombs

Under the Catacombs

I'd suggest not starting a recruitment thread if you're not willing to Dm/Gm. As it is recommended by many do not run a game where your heart is into playing it rather than running it. Also Dm/Gm drafting has a bad track record especially when using a ton of custom and homebrew rules.

I've got an entire thread of game ideas that I'm not willing to run personally  
PostPosted: Mon Oct 17, 2011 5:12 pm
BegrudgingGood
Okay, I've decided to just stick with DnD 3.5e Rules, Races, Spells etc.

So make up your usual Character sheets.

The only difference will be your Class name.

Use the four listed in the first post, depending on the closeness to the Class you have chosen.

Thanks!

Would you accept an Aasimar Cleric?  

InsaneKatKing

Desirable Shapeshifter

8,350 Points
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Ultimate Player 200
  • Elocutionist 200

BegrudginglyGood

PostPosted: Mon Oct 17, 2011 5:25 pm
If its in any of the 3.5 books, yes!

I'm not to worried to be honest.

This might take a month or two before its up and running, but I can PM anyone who has a character sheet in when the time comes.

PostPosted: Mon Oct 17, 2011 5:34 pm
BegrudgingGood
If its in any of the 3.5 books, yes!

I'm not to worried to be honest.

This might take a month or two before its up and running, but I can PM anyone who has a character sheet in when the time comes.

It's a 3.5 monster with a +1 level adjustment for pcs. Unless my friend is able to find the lesser one that has a +0 level adjustment.  

InsaneKatKing

Desirable Shapeshifter

8,350 Points
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Ultimate Player 200
  • Elocutionist 200
InsaneKatKing rolled 15 6-sided dice: 5, 5, 6, 1, 2, 5, 6, 5, 2, 5, 5, 4, 4, 4, 2 Total: 61 (15-90)

InsaneKatKing

Desirable Shapeshifter

8,350 Points
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Ultimate Player 200
  • Elocutionist 200
PostPosted: Mon Oct 17, 2011 6:27 pm
Going to try my hand at rolling out my stats, see if I can get better with it than a 32 point buy.  
InsaneKatKing rolled 15 6-sided dice: 4, 6, 1, 1, 1, 2, 6, 6, 5, 3, 1, 4, 2, 3, 5 Total: 50 (15-90)
PostPosted: Mon Oct 17, 2011 6:28 pm
InsaneKatKing475
Going to try my hand at rolling out my stats, see if I can get better with it than a 32 point buy.

not bad so far

I can deal with it.  

InsaneKatKing

Desirable Shapeshifter

8,350 Points
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Ultimate Player 200
  • Elocutionist 200

BegrudginglyGood

PostPosted: Mon Oct 17, 2011 7:03 pm
As long as you keep it on the same level as what the others can make, I don't think it will be a problem.  
PostPosted: Tue Oct 18, 2011 8:00 am
I'd love to join. ^^ I'll have something submitted by the weekend.  

Moonlit flower maiden

The Dungeons & Dragons Guild

Goto Page: 1 2 3 ... 4 5 6 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces