Welcome to Gaia! ::

The Dungeons & Dragons Guild

Back to Guilds

A Dungeons & Dragons Roleplaying Guild - We have many active games, join requests are checked often, and everyone is accepted. 

Tags: Dungeons, Dragons, Roleplaying, Dungeons and Dragons 

Reply The Dungeons & Dragons Guild
[D&D 3.5e] The Labyrinth of the Insane. Goto Page: 1 2 3 4 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

InsaneKatKing

Desirable Shapeshifter

8,350 Points
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Ultimate Player 200
  • Elocutionist 200
PostPosted: Wed Oct 12, 2011 6:52 am
Story:

Your eyes open, darkness. All that you see is darkness. You hear the sounds of movement upon stone. Tossing, turning, groaning, sliding, shifting, its all obscured in your mind. Your head hurts, feeling as though your skull has split wide open. You attempt to get to your feet, but lose your balance and land on your hands and knees.

Torches blaze into life, illuminating the room, cell, that you're in. Surrounded by others who appear to be in the same condition you are. A sound, a distant whisper that slowly grows louder, a faint footstep, soon more and more vividly til it stops. A door creaks open, and in steps a cloaked figure. "Good, you're awake," you hear the figure say, the voice masucline. "I'd like to welcome you to my game." It approaches the cell you're in, stopping just out of arms reach. "As you can see, you've no choice but to play." The figure turns its back to you, walking away from the bars, "The rules are simple, survive. If you win, you leave with your life. Lose, and you'll end up like them." His arm moves from beneath his cloak, pointing towards a pile of bones, covered in dust. Pausing a moment to allow you to realize you've no choice in the matter, he walks towards one of the walls, hitting a large chest with his foot, "You'll find your equipment in here."

Now the figure turns and heads for the door he came through, laughing softly as it shuts behind him. "Good luck." The moment the door shuts, the lock to your cell clicks and the door opens with a soft metallic screech.

Accepted Profiles:

1. Akvari - Orc Totemist
2. Taelia - Elf Druid
3. Maia Seris - Human Truenamer

(might consider accepting more, depending on general interest.)

Accepted Material:

Pretty much anything in 3.5e. I have limited access to the main books, so if you decide to use something I can't find, i'll ask for a reference or an opinion from others.

Paragons: if you absolutely must play one, i'll be asking for an opinion from other players. If a majority say they feel you are too powerful as a paragon, i will ask you to redo it. Yea, i'm a buzz kill for those who want epicness right away. Sue me.

Characters:

ECL 4
Hp: Max at 1st level, roll the other 3.
Stats: 32 point buy or 5d6 drop the lowest 2. If we come to an agreement that your stats are too low if you rolled, i will allow rerolls.
Items: I'll allow you to have an equivalent to a +1 magic item. It can be weapon, armor, accessory.
Gold: 3000 gp should be plenty to buy what you need/want. don't want ye too decked out.
Backgrounds: I like reading them. I think it makes a character interesting. If you decide to tailor it around a specific skill or feat, I might consider letting you have it, so long as I feel it isn't too game breaking or if I really like the way you have it.
Flaws/Traits: Acceptable, but not required.

My Schedule:

I'm generally on every day, for a few hours at least or until I go to bed at the most. I hop on and off if things get slow lol. I can promise that you'll at least hear from me a few times a day. If I have to disappear for a while (not likely, but you never know) I will say something ahead of time.

Further more, this is my first time dming, so cut me a little slack lol.  
PostPosted: Wed Oct 12, 2011 7:52 am
I'll write up a truenamer likity split.  

Vampfighter1
Crew

Vampfighter1 rolled 15 6-sided dice: 3, 5, 6, 5, 3, 4, 2, 2, 3, 5, 1, 4, 6, 1, 2 Total: 52 (15-90)

Vampfighter1
Crew

PostPosted: Wed Oct 12, 2011 10:10 am
They shall be split into their rolls by fives. I'm just doing the first three and the last three together. If I don't like what I see, I'll buy in.  
Vampfighter1 rolled 15 6-sided dice: 4, 1, 4, 2, 3, 4, 6, 5, 2, 1, 5, 1, 2, 3, 6 Total: 49 (15-90)
PostPosted: Wed Oct 12, 2011 10:12 am
R1:16
R2:12
R3:12
R4:11
R5:15
R6:14

I shall be using these.  

Vampfighter1
Crew

Vampfighter1 rolled 3 6-sided dice: 4, 3, 1 Total: 8 (3-18)

Vampfighter1
Crew

PostPosted: Wed Oct 12, 2011 2:26 pm
Rolling additional health  
PostPosted: Wed Oct 12, 2011 3:48 pm
ima be a totemist the wierdest class nobody ever plays (its from magic of incarnium i just learned how to make it)  

loth17

Unforgiving Warlord

loth17 rolled 20 6-sided dice: 5, 5, 5, 1, 4, 3, 5, 2, 3, 3, 1, 6, 3, 5, 3, 5, 5, 2, 3, 2 Total: 71 (20-120)

loth17

Unforgiving Warlord

PostPosted: Wed Oct 12, 2011 3:56 pm
durp  
PostPosted: Wed Oct 12, 2011 4:02 pm
Vampfighter1

Alright, that's fine.

loth17

And yea, one i never heard of. i'm thinking it's a caster class, but what the hell do I know?  

InsaneKatKing

Desirable Shapeshifter

8,350 Points
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Ultimate Player 200
  • Elocutionist 200
loth17 rolled 10 6-sided dice: 2, 2, 5, 5, 3, 1, 6, 1, 4, 3 Total: 32 (10-60)

loth17

Unforgiving Warlord

PostPosted: Wed Oct 12, 2011 4:06 pm
Its kinduv like a caster class exept it doesnt cast spells. The totemist makes herself her own magic item. Its complicated as hell but if you can pull it off  
PostPosted: Wed Oct 12, 2011 4:27 pm
sounds fine to me.  

InsaneKatKing

Desirable Shapeshifter

8,350 Points
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Ultimate Player 200
  • Elocutionist 200

loth17

Unforgiving Warlord

PostPosted: Wed Oct 12, 2011 4:28 pm
damn no eighteens i guess i have to deviate slightly from my plans  
PostPosted: Wed Oct 12, 2011 4:58 pm
if i play as a wood elf can i have +2 Strength, +2 Constitution, –2 Intelligence, –2 Dexterity instead of

+2 Strength, +2 Dexterity, –2 Intelligence, –2 Constitution  

loth17

Unforgiving Warlord

InsaneKatKing

Desirable Shapeshifter

8,350 Points
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Ultimate Player 200
  • Elocutionist 200
PostPosted: Wed Oct 12, 2011 5:02 pm
loth17
if i play as a wood elf can i have +2 Strength, +2 Constitution, –2 Intelligence, –2 Dexterity instead of

+2 Strength, +2 Dexterity, –2 Intelligence, –2 Constitution

Sorry to say, but no. While i agree that wood elves should be a little more robust than their cousins, the sheer fact is tthat they still hold onto the elven frailness due to their blood. once again, sry  
PostPosted: Wed Oct 12, 2011 5:09 pm
fine can i play an orc who has half the strength bonus but gets a pluss two to con. I just need a race with a con bonus  

loth17

Unforgiving Warlord

InsaneKatKing

Desirable Shapeshifter

8,350 Points
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Ultimate Player 200
  • Elocutionist 200
PostPosted: Wed Oct 12, 2011 5:13 pm
loth17
fine can i play an orc who has half the strength bonus but gets a pluss two to con. I just need a race with a con bonus

You mean a half orc/half something else? if you can give me one hell of a convincing background with that, then i'll consider it.  
The Dungeons & Dragons Guild

Goto Page: 1 2 3 4 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff