Welcome to Gaia! ::

The Dungeons & Dragons Guild

Back to Guilds

A Dungeons & Dragons Roleplaying Guild - We have many active games, join requests are checked often, and everyone is accepted. 

Tags: Dungeons, Dragons, Roleplaying, Dungeons and Dragons 

Reply The Dungeons & Dragons Guild
NWoD Hunter: The Vigil Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 6 7

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Suicidesoldier#1

Fanatical Zealot

PostPosted: Thu Oct 13, 2011 6:04 pm
Archangel486
Suicidesoldier#1

Nuh-uh.

This guy during the Reagan assassination attempt, a federal agent, just comes out of nowhere with an Uzi out of his freaking coat!

Uzi = Machine PISTOL.

Uzi's Size? =/= AR-15

Also, what you're all seeming to forget is that this will not be a combat-oriented campaign. I said that in the beginning: your brains will keep you alive a lot longer than your gun. So go ahead and keep those combat-focused characters (by the way, ALL but 1 of you made combat types) but don't expect them to last long.

Just so you know, for the group that has been running this campaign face-to face with me, the life expectancy for the average character played with average intelligence has been 2 missions. Seriously consider rounding off your characters, i s**t you not.

Walking around with a disassmbled weapon would work for concealment, but consider the following:
What if you need it... FAST?
What if there are metal detectors or scanners in any one of the high-security building you'll be entering? (hint hint)
If everyone is doing this, who's gonna cover the 'tards who are setting up their guns while the bullets are flying?
Why the ******** do you need an automatic weapon at all times?
Have you considered the movement penalties generated by trying to conceal a large weapon?

and last, but not least:

Terminator is a MOVIE.

Also, as a warning to those of you who may be under 21, this campaign is ******** UP. If you are easily offended, GET THE ******** OUT NOW. If you're gonna throw a fit over potentially controversial subjects and taboos being presents, GET THE ******** OUT NOW. If you don't like me saying the word "********" a lot, GET THE ******** ******** ******** ******** OUT NOW.

You guys are joining a military organization. I dunno how many of you have military experience, but we cuss. a LOT.

I intended on using my RL intelligence to survive, more than my in game intelligence. Also, I imagine that if I can pop off a couple of rounds, I'll be able to kill the enemy before he's a problem.

Head shots and heart shots are insta kills! blaugh

If the game is just a series of intelligence rolls I figure it won't matter much.

It's all up to luck at that point, and it would seem to be rather boring game anyways.

And what if the weapon is dissembled; it would be like, smaller than an uzi if it was in two pieces.

I don't plan on pulling it out real fast, that will be for my pistol.

But let's say, I know danger is present, or we've barricaded ourselves in a room, I'd have it. Or if I just have a minute; also, I bet I could assemble a gun, load it and have it ready to fire in like 10-20 seconds, but that's just me, and that's using a number of specific guns with specific attributes. ninja  
PostPosted: Thu Oct 13, 2011 6:34 pm
BegrudgingGood
Ah, in that case I might switch it out for another pistol and change my sheet a little. Background will be the same, but she'll just use standard pistols instead. ******** yeah. blaugh

Thanks for clearing that up for me.

Edit: Do we have to have the Conspiracy, Task Force Valkyrie merit, I kind of need another dot for getting both Gunslinger and Ambidextrous.

Edit edit: And could I maybe have some leniancy with resources, I only have one dot for it left, yet pistols cost two resource points to get. lol

Edit edit edit: Otherwise I'll drop Contacts as well...and just be the gun, with no other main uses.

The conspiracy merit is free. well, the first dot anyway.

Resources actually have been given leniency. I'm pretty sure there are a few (including myself) who have guns who don't have resource dots. He said TF:V supplies them within reason.

The contacts dot is free as well.

edit: in case it wasn't clear before, you get 7 dots in merits normally. we get two extra for conspiracy and contacts, for a total of 9. You can't rearrange or replace those 2 free dots.  

KytanaTheThief
Crew

BegrudginglyGood

PostPosted: Thu Oct 13, 2011 6:48 pm
Woo! If there is that little bit of leniency I'll be fine.

Thanks! I suppose the idea of swapping free dot for more stuff was a long shot anyway.

Right, I'm done. Feel free to make sure everything is in order on my sheet, after changing stuff it might need stats from abilities updated or something.

PostPosted: Thu Oct 13, 2011 7:03 pm
I don't see anything wrong with it, but I do only have average knowledge of this. I've mainly read and re-read the core book, is all.  

KytanaTheThief
Crew

Raganui Minamoto

Distinct Prophet

PostPosted: Thu Oct 13, 2011 10:36 pm
I actually don't own a small firearm. But that's because in any situation like that, I'm probably trying to work the computers or some other such thing.

Tempted to get him either a .22 or a .357 to go along with his knife. Heck, at that point, maybe just get a couple derringers. Decisions decisions. Not that I hope to get into combat if I can help it.  
PostPosted: Thu Oct 13, 2011 10:49 pm
Maybe I can watch your back!  

BegrudginglyGood

KytanaTheThief
Crew

PostPosted: Sun Oct 16, 2011 8:17 am
So....starting tomorrow, hopefully ^^

Any idea whether we're going to get a subforum, or just have a thread out here? Definitely gonna need a separate thread for dice rolls XD  
PostPosted: Sun Oct 16, 2011 9:39 am
KytanaTheThief
So....starting tomorrow, hopefully ^^

Any idea whether we're going to get a subforum, or just have a thread out here? Definitely gonna need a separate thread for dice rolls XD

WE have a subforum. Please look above at the subforums. nWoD Hunter: the Vigil City of Angels is our subforum. I'll have it set up tomorrow.  

Archangel486

KytanaTheThief
Crew

PostPosted: Sun Oct 16, 2011 11:56 am
oh, awesome! i don't usually look at the subforums that much lol  
The Dungeons & Dragons Guild

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 6 7

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items