Welcome to Gaia! ::

The Dungeons & Dragons Guild

Back to Guilds

A Dungeons & Dragons Roleplaying Guild - We have many active games, join requests are checked often, and everyone is accepted. 

Tags: Dungeons, Dragons, Roleplaying, Dungeons and Dragons 

Reply The Dungeons & Dragons Guild
NWoD Hunter: The Vigil Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 6 7 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

BegrudginglyGood

PostPosted: Wed Oct 12, 2011 10:58 pm
I found this in my draft folder (thank you bad internet connection), so I resent it to your email.

Last few edits needed, but hopefully it should be good.

If need be, I can take out the rifle, and add in another sidearm and Ambidextrous.

PostPosted: Wed Oct 12, 2011 11:31 pm
That's IT! Signups are closed! The final six:

Blaise Simpson
Raganui Minamoto
KytanaTheThief
SuicideSoldier
Ancelas
BegrudgingGood

Enjoy your weekends, people! We start on Monday!  

Archangel486

BegrudginglyGood

PostPosted: Wed Oct 12, 2011 11:41 pm
Did you want me to change to two pistols, rather than having the rifle?  
PostPosted: Thu Oct 13, 2011 8:53 am
You can do whatever you like- just know that it's a LOT harder to conceal a rifle than it is to conceal a pistol. I know SS was talking about wearing a trenchcoat around, but what happens if you have to sit down?  

Archangel486

Suicidesoldier#1

Fanatical Zealot

PostPosted: Thu Oct 13, 2011 9:39 am
Archangel486
You can do whatever you like- just know that it's a LOT harder to conceal a rifle than it is to conceal a pistol. I know SS was talking about wearing a trenchcoat around, but what happens if you have to sit down?

"We at the FBI do not have a sense of humor as far as we are aware of; May we come in?"

We'd be so hard core we'd stand all the time! blaugh

Or, you know, we would sit upright and kind of awkwardly.

We could like, let it ride down our leg a bit, so it wouldn't be jutting out, but it may be uncomfortable depending on the chair.

It could be on our back like with a sword.

Or, it could have a folding stock, and we might even leave the barrel or upper receiver off, as in it would be broken into two pieces, not so hard with an AR-15 type weapon.  
PostPosted: Thu Oct 13, 2011 12:00 pm
I have a legally owned weapon, I can keep it in a vehicle, unless moving into a situation, then it's coat time.  

Raganui Minamoto

Distinct Prophet

Mongooseh

Distinct Raider

8,825 Points
  • Demonic Associate 100
  • Guildmember 100
  • Hellraiser 500
PostPosted: Thu Oct 13, 2011 12:37 pm
Raganui Minamoto
then it's coat time.

Alot of creepy men at parks say that.  
PostPosted: Thu Oct 13, 2011 2:30 pm
Well, here's a simply way to figure it out: If you think it's totally fine to carry a full-sized automatic rifle around all day, then please do the following:

GO get an Airsoft M-16 and do just that. See if the cops don't stop you. Come on guys, be real. You wouldn't carry around a rifle all day, neither would your character. loading out for a mission is different, but you don't even see federal agents toting submachine guns while investigating cases. When the time comes, they get them out of the trunk. That's all.  

Archangel486

BegrudginglyGood

PostPosted: Thu Oct 13, 2011 3:35 pm
Do you know what terrain we will be working in?

Also, I've worked it out. Time to change the rifle, but would this work?

http://www.bt-ag.ch/img/products/apr_4.jpg

The rifle can be broken apart in several pieces, stored in a case of slightly larger size than a standard briefcase, and assembled in under a minute by someone trained to use it. And its the same damage/calibre as the one I'm using currently.

Following can get removed completely. Stock, barrel, magazine, bipod, scope etc. Taken apart its under 700mm in length, so I've found a pic of a bag/case size that could carry it all. Not too suspicious, almost the size of a painting bag, or odd carry bag for bookwork. Then again, perhaps I have an odd outlook on respectable book bags, lol.

http://www.galatiinternational.com/mm5/graphics/00000001/SQ32.jpg Top image.

PostPosted: Thu Oct 13, 2011 4:53 pm
It would work, but understand that your character will need to be ready for quick engagements if they're going to carry this thing everywhere they go, or they're going to be vulnerable for 60 seconds (or more) during combat while they try to put it together.  

Archangel486

BegrudginglyGood

PostPosted: Thu Oct 13, 2011 5:24 pm
That should be fine, I'm thinking of it like a spell or power that requires a round to build up or cast. Then can be fired like normal from there on in (since its set up). For fast engagements I'll probably use the heavy pistol, so I'll still provide a nice amount of firepower for those normal occasions.

If we are expecting trouble and are out of the public eye (say traveling in a vehicle, or in the middle of a mountain range) then I'll prepare it earlier, otherwise if its an ambush or surprise attack it will require setting up.

PostPosted: Thu Oct 13, 2011 5:49 pm
Archangel486
Well, here's a simply way to figure it out: If you think it's totally fine to carry a full-sized automatic rifle around all day, then please do the following:

GO get an Airsoft M-16 and do just that. See if the cops don't stop you. Come on guys, be real. You wouldn't carry around a rifle all day, neither would your character. loading out for a mission is different, but you don't even see federal agents toting submachine guns while investigating cases. When the time comes, they get them out of the trunk. That's all.

Nuh-uh.

This guy during the Reagan assassination attempt, a federal agent, just comes out of nowhere with an Uzi out of his freaking coat!

Reagan Guy

Also, I own several airsoft guns, that are replicas and s**t just for this reason. ninja

Okay, not really, but I like to know the weight and dimensions of lots of things, like guns, and it helps to conceptualize how it is; usually, I use a yard stick or some 18-20 inch stuff and use a measuring tape to measure how long stuff sticks out. >.<

Like, with the P90, you could maneuver around inside of hallways and stuff real easy, due to the fact that it doesn't or barely juts out over the shoulder and hand; it only sticks out over the hand about as far as a pistol.

So, in that case, could we have sub-machine guns?

If 30 inches is too long, what about 20? ninja

Also, have you ever seen the terminator?

That guy walks around in a trench coat with a shotgun and no-one seems to care.

On that note, what if I walk around with a dissembled weapon?  

Suicidesoldier#1

Fanatical Zealot

Archangel486

PostPosted: Thu Oct 13, 2011 5:49 pm
In combat, 60 seconds is a LOT more than a round. Whole conflicts are resolved in less time.

In fact, it's closer to 4+ rounds. keep that in mind.  
PostPosted: Thu Oct 13, 2011 5:51 pm
Suicidesoldier#1

Nuh-uh.

This guy during the Reagan assassination attempt, a federal agent, just comes out of nowhere with an Uzi out of his freaking coat!

Uzi = Machine PISTOL.

Uzi's Size? =/= AR-15

Also, what you're all seeming to forget is that this will not be a combat-oriented campaign. I said that in the beginning: your brains will keep you alive a lot longer than your gun. So go ahead and keep those combat-focused characters (by the way, ALL but 1 of you made combat types) but don't expect them to last long.

Just so you know, for the group that has been running this campaign face-to face with me, the life expectancy for the average character played with average intelligence has been 2 missions. Seriously consider rounding off your characters, i s**t you not.

Walking around with a disassmbled weapon would work for concealment, but consider the following:
What if you need it... FAST?
What if there are metal detectors or scanners in any one of the high-security building you'll be entering? (hint hint)
If everyone is doing this, who's gonna cover the 'tards who are setting up their guns while the bullets are flying?
Why the ******** do you need an automatic weapon at all times?
Have you considered the movement penalties generated by trying to conceal a large weapon?

and last, but not least:

Terminator is a MOVIE.

Also, as a warning to those of you who may be under 21, this campaign is ******** UP. If you are easily offended, GET THE ******** OUT NOW. If you're gonna throw a fit over potentially controversial subjects and taboos being presents, GET THE ******** OUT NOW. If you don't like me saying the word "********" a lot, GET THE ******** ******** ******** ******** OUT NOW.

You guys are joining a military organization. I dunno how many of you have military experience, but we cuss. a LOT.  

Archangel486

BegrudginglyGood

PostPosted: Thu Oct 13, 2011 5:59 pm
Ah, in that case I might switch it out for another pistol and change my sheet a little. Background will be the same, but she'll just use standard pistols instead. ******** yeah. blaugh

Thanks for clearing that up for me.

Edit: Do we have to have the Conspiracy, Task Force Valkyrie merit, I kind of need another dot for getting both Gunslinger and Ambidextrous.

Edit edit: And could I maybe have some leniancy with resources, I only have one dot for it left, yet pistols cost two resource points to get. lol

Edit edit edit: Otherwise I'll drop Contacts as well...and just be the gun, with no other main uses.

The Dungeons & Dragons Guild

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 6 7 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff