Welcome to Gaia! ::

The Dungeons & Dragons Guild

Back to Guilds

A Dungeons & Dragons Roleplaying Guild - We have many active games, join requests are checked often, and everyone is accepted. 

Tags: Dungeons, Dragons, Roleplaying, Dungeons and Dragons 

Reply The Dungeons & Dragons Guild
[[True20 PATHFINDER]] Mass Exodus ((Accepting applications!)

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Slave Xaccheus

PostPosted: Tue Oct 04, 2011 2:47 pm
[STARRING!]

• 1]
  • 2]
  • 3]
  • 4]
  • 5]

[ Premise/Foreword ]

This is my attempt at drawing players into the game with the promise of a multiple-genre story, and with quite a few familiar situations and all-new scenes you wouldn't find anywhere else. Primary sources for this inspiration were Left 4 Dead 2, The Evil Dead Trilogy, and oddly, the Dungeons and Dragons cartoon.

[ Setting Information/Background ]

The world is dying. An army of dead rampages across the globe killing, maiming and destroying everything in sight. The world powers were useless to stop the onslaught, and one by one the countries of the world fell to the rule of darkness.

It began on December 25th, 2012. A cloud of darkness swept over the landscape, moving against the wind. When it passed over a city, survivors say that tendrils of black smoke wormed their way from it, forcing their way into their friends and family. They watched people die in droves, but that wasn’t even the worst part of it.

They weren’t entirely dead. After the smoke hit, they fell. But then, they jerked and convulsed, as if in a seizure, and sprang to their feet with a deathly pallor and purely white eyes. Then, they attacked with maniacal glee, killing and eating the people they used to love. It was pure hell; the end of days had arrived.

San Andreas, California is one of the last few cities not overrun by the forces of Hell. Here, humanity has made her last stand with everything they have at their disposal. A group of five heroes, *insert PC names here,* have gathered their weapons to combat the menace. The storm is drawing close, but one library is rumored to hold the key to preventing doomsday.

[ Game Introduction/Plot ]

You are one of the last surviving humans in a world gone to the dead. But, if you thought this was just some Zombieland rip-off where you get to beat any dumb meatbucket in with a pickaxe, think again. The dead are smart, and very, very angry at you for surviving. The only thing that can save you is the book that started it all: the Moturum Demonto.

[ Character Creation ]

This deviates somewhat from the usual Pathfinder game; you're characters in the modern day, with limited access to spells and so forth (meaning Paladins are in, Clerics are out), though incantations can certainly work (See FX abilities in the d20 Modern rulebook, please). Also, you're harder to kill now, so that's a good bonus. See below for further details. Character classes from other 3.5 supplements can easily be converted with the addition of a few simple features from other classes.

Available Sources: Any d20, as stated above. Balance will be asked for, along with a citation of which sourcebook you are using. I'm using the True20 rules myself, so yeah.
Banned Resources: Please, no home-made conversions of old D&D editions or modern editions, or any other non-d20 games.

ECL: Because this is hectic, 4.
Gold: You'll start off with enough gear to equal a light load, and I'll expect to see a good reason WHY you have it.
Races: For now, just human.
Ability Scores*: Divide six into the ability modifiers.
xxxxxxxxxx*
Hit Points: Irrelevant; we're using True20
Alignments: Changed to allegiance system of d20 modern.
Pantheon: Any.
Backgrounds: Bonus feat and two extra ability points to
whoever uses this, required if you have a military-grade assault shotgun.
[ House/Optional Rules ]

1] As I said, we're using the True20 rules. Everything rolled is a d20; you make a fortitude save to resist damage (DC 10 + die result + damage modifiers). You fail by one, you are now hit and take a -hit penalty on other fortitude rolls vs. attacks. You fail by 5, damage condition. Fail by 10 or more, you're disabled and unconscious.

Conversion for other dice is as follows and cumulative (that is, 2d8= +6):
1d3 or less: +0 (+1 at next die, then as normal)
1d4: +1
1d6: +2
1d8: +3
1d10: +4
1d12: +5

2] Gestalt character classing; this way, we keep our fortitude bonuses on a similar level or at least make it easier to do so.
3] Other d20 classes used will be given new abilities by me based on the core classes and other classes abilities in Pathfinder. I'll also deal with converting non-standard d20 to this game's mechanics. You will see AD&D monsters and other stuff you never expected. I'll work out a balance and then give you the go ahead.
5] Armor provides half of it's listed defense; the other half provides damage reduction /-. Do not add magical bonuses. Because it's a pathfinder game, armor gains a +1 bonus to the granted AC. Add 1, then divide by two.
6] Rather than simple, martial, and exotic weapons, weapons are divided into weapon groups. Weapon Focus and other such specific feats apply to the weapon groups, as well as proficiency feats.

PostPosted: Fri Oct 07, 2011 6:02 am
Seems cool...

But I'm a little confused on how to play... sweatdrop

So...

Is it pathfinder + D20 for equipment, or what kind of rules are there?

I suppose I just need a little bit of clarification, to be sure. xp

Also, is any weapon available so long as we have the right background, or like what. ninja  

Suicidesoldier#1

Fanatical Zealot

Slave Xaccheus

PostPosted: Fri Oct 07, 2011 12:40 pm
Suicidesoldier#1
Seems cool...

So...

Also, is any weapon available so long as we have the right background, or like what. ninja

Pathfinder with all rules shown in house rules. Equipment is fully compatible from other games under d20 already. The damage dice are different now, but that's listed. Instead of hit points, you make a fortitude save to avoid being hit at all, with varying punishments for varying degrees of failure (you can survive more hits, but the threat of a natural 1 becomes incredibly dangerous).  
PostPosted: Fri Oct 07, 2011 12:46 pm
Eternality_Cannon
Suicidesoldier#1
Seems cool...

So...

Pathfinder with all rules shown in house rules. Equipment is fully compatible from other games under d20 already. The damage dice are different now, but that's listed. Instead of hit points, you make a fortitude save to avoid being hit at all, with varying punishments for varying degrees of failure (you can survive more hits, but the threat of a natural 1 becomes incredibly dangerous).

Oh cool! blaugh

Well, I'm going to try to dev up a character as soon as possible!  

Suicidesoldier#1

Fanatical Zealot

Slave Xaccheus

PostPosted: Fri Oct 07, 2011 4:39 pm
Fun times. Now if only I could get other people to join.  
The Dungeons & Dragons Guild

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games