Welcome to Gaia! ::

The Dungeons & Dragons Guild

Back to Guilds

A Dungeons & Dragons Roleplaying Guild - We have many active games, join requests are checked often, and everyone is accepted. 

Tags: Dungeons, Dragons, Roleplaying, Dungeons and Dragons 

Reply The Dungeons & Dragons Guild
[PATHFINDER True20] Maho Nekkyo; Kahi no Konton X!

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Slave Xaccheus

PostPosted: Fri Sep 30, 2011 5:01 pm
[STARRING!]

• 1]
  • 2]
  • 3]
  • 4]
  • 5]

[ Premise/Foreword ]

This is my honest-to-god, sanity-out -the-door, not-serious-at-all, attempt at making a pathfinder game with anime supplementation (no, not BESM d20, but you can use that. See below!). It was primarily inspired by Hayate no Gotoku! the various Tenchi Muyo series, and Maid the RPG. Tengen Toppa Gurren Lagaan, FLCL, and BoBoBo-Bo BoBoBo inspired much of the situations and the expectations of how audaciously ridiculous (but hopefully funny) this is going to get. Dark situations kindly provided by Kuroshitsuji and at several instances, DeathNote and Hellsing.

Other anime references will naturally follow.

[ Setting Information/Background ]

Konichiwa! My name is Henry P. Kraft. I do hope that with the current circumstances, you'll find my mansion to be in better repair than it's usual happenstance. You see, despite my wealth and status, my life tends to be somewhat of a disaster at the best of times. My grandfather, a man you'll come to know later, was of astounding intellect and knowledge, but ultimately found himself on the wrong end of a few unwholesome characters. This is where you will hopefully come into play.

I recently put an ad out seeking five adventurous young ladies to aid me in keeping the Kraft mansion somewhat under control amidst the various portals to other dimensions that randomly seem to appear and wreak all manner of havoc on my estate. Naturally, you will also be expected to cover the more mundane tasks of housework, and rescue me should something happen to me.

No, seriously. Rescue me. I'm staring down a mass of tentacles that seem to have taken a liking to me. I hope that it's just out of hunger. Oh, gods, not that hunger! No, wait! Shitsuji Senshi! Help meeeeeeee!!!!!

[ Game Introduction/Plot ]

You are a group of five maids, hired by a multi-billionaire to protect man and mansion from the extra-dimensional tomfoolery that plagues his otherwise quiet Estonian estate. You are blessed with a variety of special powers to aid you in this task, which truth be told, needs to be done a ludicrous amount of times per day.

[ Character Creation ]

This deviates somewhat from the usual Pathfinder game; you have a base of operations and the modules are short, being three chapters at most. In addition, all d20 sources are available, but the Hero classes from d20 modern have been eradicated in favor of normal Pathfinder Classes.

Available Sources: Any d20, as stated above. Balance will be asked for, along with a citation of which sourcebook you are using. I'm using the True20 rules myself, so
Banned Resources: Please, no home-made conversions of old D&D editions or modern editions, or any other non-d20 games.

ECL: Because this is hectic, 3.
Gold: None required; you're maids in a mansion. Money takes care of itself.
Races: You're allowed a race modifier due to archetype. See below.
Ability Scores*: Divide six into the ability modifiers.
xxxxxxxxxx*
Hit Points: Irrelevant; we're using True20
Alignments: Changed to allegiance system of d20 modern.
Pantheon: Any.
Backgrounds: Bonus feat and two extra ability points to
whoever uses this.
[ House/Optional Rules ]

1] As I said, we're using the True20 rules. Everything rolled is a d20; you make a fortitude save to resist damage (DC 10 + die result + damage modifiers). You fail by one, you are now hit and take a -hit penalty on other fortitude rolls vs. attacks. You fail by 5, damage condition. Fail by 10 or more, you're disabled and unconscious.

Conversion for other dice is as follows and cumulative (that is, 2d8= +6):
1d3 or less: +0 (+1 at next die, then as normal)
1d4: +1
1d6: +2
1d8: +3
1d10: +4
1d12: +5

2] Gestalt character classing; this way, we keep our fortitude bonuses on a similar level or at least make it easier to do so.
3] Other d20 classes used will be given new abilities by me based on the core classes and other classes abilities in Pathfinder. I'll also deal with converting non-standard d20 to this game's mechanics. You will see AD&D monsters and other stuff you never expected. I'll work out a balance and then give you the go ahead.
4] The maid archetypes are as follows: Lolita, Bishoujo, Seme, Kuudere, and Miko. Their bonuses and penalties are as follows:
Lolita: +1 CHA, -1 STR. Lolitas are cute and cuddly, but not much else.
Bishoujo: +1 CHA, -1 WIS. Bishoujo aregood looking and right nice, but they are often weak-minded.
Seme: +1 STR, -1 Int: Seme are more brash and tough than other maids; they're often muscleheads.
Kuudere: +1 WIS, -1 CHA. Kuudere are typically emotionless and almost doll-like.
Miko: +1 INT, - STR. Miko are sensible and smart and above most influence, but weaker than others.
5] Armor provides half of it's listed defense; the other half provides damage reduction /-. Do not add magical bonuses.
6] Rather than simple, martial, and exotic weapons, weapons are divided into weapon groups. Weapon Focus and other such specific feats apply to the weapon groups, as well as proficiency feats.

PostPosted: Fri Sep 30, 2011 5:40 pm
I also dole out XP rewards for people who role-play well.  

Slave Xaccheus

Rain Yupa
Captain

Enduring Member

PostPosted: Fri Sep 30, 2011 6:18 pm
Eternality_Cannon

Everyone loves roleplaying XP! biggrin  
PostPosted: Fri Sep 30, 2011 6:31 pm
Rain Yupa
Eternality_Cannon

Someone's seen enough 4chan...  

Slave Xaccheus

Slave Xaccheus

PostPosted: Fri Sep 30, 2011 7:15 pm
Rain Yupa
Eternality_Cannon

But, on a side-note, butler can be exchanged with maid easily, and if you do something like go to the bathroom in the middle of a Mi-Go invasion, sure, fine, whatever.  
The Dungeons & Dragons Guild

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games