Welcome to Gaia! ::

Ministry of Magic & the Wizarding World

Back to Guilds

Live the life of a wizard! Based on J.K. Rowling's books, this guild focuses on the Ministry of Magic and everyday life. Open and accepting! 

Tags: roleplay, J.K. Rowling, Harry Potter, Ministry of Magic, Wizarding World 

Reply Diagon Alley
Diagon Alley Streets Goto Page: [] [<<] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 113 114 115 116

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Cinnabun Gryffie
Captain

Beloved Werewolf

15,475 Points
  • Gifting Gone Wild 250
  • Autobiographer 200
  • Pet Lover 100
PostPosted: Thu Aug 31, 2023 4:41 pm
User ImageUser Image
xx⇴ Wʜᴇʀᴇ ᴀᴍ I? Diagon Alley
xxx⇴ Wʜᴏ ɪs ᴡɪᴛʜ ᴍᴇ? Declan McNamara & Seamus O'Kerry
xxxx⇴ Wʜᴀᴛ's ɢᴏɪɴɢ ᴏɴ? Governess Duties
xxxxx⇴ Wʜᴀᴛ'ʀᴇ ᴍʏ ᴛʜᴏᴜɢʜᴛs? A lovely gift!

Nora watched happily as Declan got his wand, then he asked if he was able to pay. She handed over the money, letting him hand it over to Wren. After saying their goodbyes, the duo was back outside, a breath of fresh air after an unusually.... scented experience. Luckily, he had a lovely wand and she knew there would be great things from the boy yet to come. "Oh yes, the shopping is always lovely. And each year, you'll get a new list. And if your family is unable.... or unwilling to set up a Floo Point, I can come get you." It was then she'd realized she probably had more to explain here. "Floo is another method of magical travel. Earlier today, we apparated. But for those too young to apparate or in families that cannot, Floo Points can be set up by the Ministry of Magic. You use a fireplace and a special powder to jump between points. In this instance, many magical shops have fireplaces. Plus the train platform you'll use every year, and many magical houses. There is also travel by brooms, which you'll learn to use in your first year. There is also the Knight Bus, which does cost a bit of money, but it's a pretty quick transport as well. If ever you need to travel internationally, the Ministry can provide Portkeys. These work similar to apparation, but it's an object you, and multiple others, can touch to transport to the destination. Quite convenient and it saves on petrol!"

Just as she was about to offer information on the magical train stations, a man with rather vivid blue hair called out to them, hurrying over toward them. As if on instinct, Nora placed her hand on Declan's shoulder, wanting to make certain he was safe. When he introduced himself, Nora looked a bit surprised. He panted for breath a moment, then introduced himself as well. "Why yes indeed. Nora Heulwen, Hogwarts Governess. It's nice to meet you, Seamus." Green eyes watched as he offered Declan a caged owl, then said he'd included all the material necessary.

"Oh, they're lovely. Did you get this angel from Eeylops? If so, my sweet daughter in law trained them for deliveries. Oh, Declan, love. This is a treasure. Owls are used for mail and other such deliveries. Quite a bit faster than the Royal Mail. Just give your owl a letter and tell them where they're off, and they'll handle the rest. The school has several owls for just such reasons, but using the Owl Post is a wonderful way to stay connected, especially over the holidays." She gently reached a finger into the cage, petting the small bird atop the fluffy head. "And if you have any questions in the future about our feathery friends, Milo, the owner of Eeylops Owl Emporium, over there, can answer anything. Along with Laili, my sweet daughter in law. She trains the owls to work with the mail."

{{Wearing :: Pretty Orange}}
{{OoC: Next post here}}
AliceInWonderland0921

Mᴇᴇᴛ ᴍᴇ ᴅᴏᴡɴ ʙʏ ᴛʜᴇ ᴡʜᴀʟᴇ ᴡᴀᴛᴄʜ, ᴍᴇᴇᴛ ᴍᴇ ᴅᴏᴡɴ ʙʏ ᴛʜᴇ sᴇᴀ
Mᴇᴇᴛ ᴍᴇ ᴅᴏᴡɴ ɪɴ Cᴏɴᴇʏ Isʟᴀɴᴅ, ᴡᴇ'ʟʟ ɢᴏ ᴏᴜᴛ ᴏɴ ᴛʜᴇ sᴇᴀ
Sᴏ ᴅᴏɴ'ᴛ ᴀsᴋ ᴍᴇ ɴᴏ ǫᴜᴇsᴛɪᴏɴs, 'ᴄᴀᴜsᴇ I ᴅᴏɴ'ᴛ ᴄʀʏ ɴᴏ ᴡᴏʟꜰ
Bʏ ᴛʜᴇ ʀᴜɪɴs ᴏꜰ ᴛʜᴇ Fᴇʀʀɪs ᴡʜᴇᴇʟ, sᴇᴇ ʏᴏᴜʀ ᴅᴏᴜʙᴛ ɪɴ ᴛʜᴇ sᴜʀꜰ
Yᴏᴜ ᴍɪɢʜᴛ ᴛʜɪɴᴋ ʜᴇ's Cʜʀɪsᴛ-ʟɪᴋᴇ, ʙᴜᴛ ᴍʏ ʟᴏᴠᴇʀ ɪs ᴄʜɪʟᴅʟɪᴋᴇ
Sᴇᴇ ᴛʜᴇ ꜰɪsʜ sᴡɪᴍᴍɪɴɢ ᴜᴘsᴛʀᴇᴀᴍ, ʙᴀᴄᴋ ᴛᴏ ᴛʜᴇ ʜɪʟʟs
Wᴀɴᴛ ɴᴏ ᴘᴀʀᴛ ɪɴ ᴛʜᴇ ᴡʜᴀʟᴇ ᴡᴀᴛᴄʜ, ɪꜰ ʏᴏᴜ ᴄᴏᴜʟᴅɴ'ᴛ ᴛᴇʟʟ
Mʏ ʟᴏᴠᴇʀ ᴀɪɴ'ᴛ Cʜʀɪsᴛ-ʟɪᴋᴇ, ʙᴜᴛ ᴍʏ ʟᴏᴠᴇʀ ɪs ᴄʜɪʟᴅʟɪᴋᴇ
Hᴇ ᴅᴏɴ'ᴛ ᴄᴀʀᴇ ꜰᴏʀ ᴄᴏᴜɴᴛʀʏ ɪɴ ʜɪs ᴛᴀᴛᴛᴇʀs ᴀɴᴅ ʀᴀɢs
As ᴛʜᴇ ʙᴀɴᴅ ᴘʟᴀʏs ᴛʜᴇ ᴀɴᴛʜᴇᴍ, ʜᴇ ᴡʜɪsᴘᴇʀs, "Gᴏᴅ ʜᴀᴛᴇs ꜰʟᴀɢs"

PostPosted: Fri Sep 01, 2023 1:22 pm
User ImageUser Image
xx Wʜᴇʀᴇ Aᴍ I? Diagon Alley Streets
xxx Wʜᴏ Is Wɪᴛʜ Mᴇ? Nora and Uncle Seamus
xxxx Wʜᴀᴛ's Gᴏɪɴɢ Oɴ? We have everything now...
xxxxx Wʜᴀᴛ's Iɴsɪᴅᴇ Mʏ Hᴇᴀᴅ? I don't want to leave

When asked if he had purchased the owl from Eeylops, Seamus nodded and was getting ready to explain the usage but, Nora took care of that for him. "I figure you could use her to communicate with me and whilst at school, I can send letters to your Muggle family since I don't know how they'd appreciate owls arriving." From what he knew of his brother and his family, Seamus was right in his assumption. Declan nodded, having both Nora and his uncle saying how important owls were. He looked at the little bird again and, with a smile, said, "I think I'll call you Skye. Would you like that?" Skye hooted softly and hopped towards him on her perch. He stuck a finger into the cage and pet the owl softly on her head. "Oh, Declan, I did want to invite you to your cousin's birthday party this summer. If you're interested, I'll work with your grandfather and my nephew to get you there." Declan was confused for a moment when he mentioned his cousin's birthday because, of course, the only cousins he knew had their birthdays in fall and winter. Then he figured his great uncle probably meant his granddaughter. "I'd like that!" Turning his attention to Nora, Declan asked, "So, um, how do I get to the school?"

✮✩✮✩✮✩✮✩✮✩✮✩✮✩✮
          Wᴇʟᴄᴏᴍᴇ ᴛᴏ Wᴏɴᴅᴇʀʟᴀɴᴅ, ᴡʜᴇʀᴇ sʜᴏᴜʟᴅ ᴡᴇ ɢᴏ? Tʜᴇʀᴇ's ᴀ ᴛᴇᴀ ᴘᴀʀᴛʏ ᴀʟᴏɴɢ ᴅᴏᴡɴ ᴛʜᴇ ʀᴏᴀᴅ
          Mᴀᴋᴇ ᴀɴ ᴀᴘᴘᴇᴀʀᴀɴᴄᴇ ᴀɴᴅ ᴍᴀʏʙᴇ ᴛʜᴇʏ'ʟʟ sɪɴɢ ᴜs ᴀ sᴏɴɢ, ᴅᴀɴᴄɪɴɢ ᴛʜʀᴏᴜɢʜ ᴀ ᴅʀᴇᴀᴍ ᴜɴᴅᴇʀɴᴇᴀᴛʜ ᴛʜᴇ sᴛᴀʀs
          Lᴀᴜɢʜɪɴɢ 'ᴛɪʟ ᴛʜᴇ ᴍᴏʀɴɪɴɢ ᴄᴏᴍᴇs. Eᴠᴇʀʏᴏɴᴇ ᴛʜᴀᴛ ʟᴇᴀᴠᴇs ʜᴀs ᴀ ʜᴇᴀᴠʏ ʜᴇᴀʀᴛ
          Oʜ, Wᴏɴᴅᴇʀʟᴀɴᴅ I ʟᴏᴠᴇ✮✩✮
          Nᴏᴛʜɪɴɢ ᴀʀᴏᴜɴᴅ ʜᴇʀᴇ ɪs ᴏ̨ᴜɪᴛᴇ ᴀs ɪᴛ sᴇᴇᴍs, Nᴏᴛ sᴜʀᴇ ɪғ ᴀɴʏᴛʜɪɴɢ's ʀᴇᴀʟ ᴏʀ ᴀ ᴅʀᴇᴀᴍ
          Aɴᴅ ᴛʜᴇ ᴏɴʟʏ ᴛʜɪɴɢ sᴜʀᴇ ғʀᴏᴍ ᴛʜᴇ sᴛᴀʀᴛ, ɪs ᴛʜᴇ sᴏɴɢ ᴛʜᴀᴛ's ɪɴsɪᴅᴇ ᴏғ ʏᴏᴜʀ ʜᴇᴀʀᴛ
          Dᴏɴ'ᴛ ʟᴇᴛ ɪᴛ ʟᴇᴀᴠᴇ✮✩✮
          ✮✩✮✩✮✩✮✩✮✩✮✩✮✩✮

Cinnabun Gryffie

AliceInWonderland0921

Cinnabun Gryffie
Captain

Beloved Werewolf

15,475 Points
  • Gifting Gone Wild 250
  • Autobiographer 200
  • Pet Lover 100
PostPosted: Fri Sep 01, 2023 10:08 pm
User ImageUser Image
xx⇴ Wʜᴇʀᴇ ᴀᴍ I? Diagon Alley
xxx⇴ Wʜᴏ ɪs ᴡɪᴛʜ ᴍᴇ? Declan McNamara & Seamus O'Kerry
xxxx⇴ Wʜᴀᴛ's ɢᴏɪɴɢ ᴏɴ? Governess Duties
xxxxx⇴ Wʜᴀᴛ'ʀᴇ ᴍʏ ᴛʜᴏᴜɢʜᴛs? A lovely gift!

Nora sent a grin over toward Seamus, glad that Declan had even more family to protect over him. Poor kid deserved so much, but his parents were so... not what he needed. "Such a lovely idea, that." Green eyes watched Declan investigate his new companion, even offering her a name. She seemed to quite like it, and he gave her a little head pat. "I think she likes the name Skye. And I think she quite likes her new friend as well." Nora gently pat Declan on the shoulder, offering a sweet smile.

Seamus mentioned inviting Declan to a family birthday party, and Nora was certain the man would do a wonderful job of caring for his great-nephew. It was then that Declan had a question Nora was quite excited to answer. "Well, the morning of September First, either myself, or perhaps your lovely uncle here, will get you to King's Cross Station here in London. There, you'll get to Platform 9¾. You'll step aboard the Hogwarts Express, and you'll be whisked away to school. I've got your ticket here." Sure, the tickets weren't actually needed to board, but it was always exciting to see the reactions to the shiny silver card. Plus, it'd make sure no question about the platform number. She offered over the small card, a mischievous twinkle in her soft green eyes.

{{Wearing :: Pretty Orange}}
AliceInWonderland0921

Mᴇᴇᴛ ᴍᴇ ᴅᴏᴡɴ ʙʏ ᴛʜᴇ ᴡʜᴀʟᴇ ᴡᴀᴛᴄʜ, ᴍᴇᴇᴛ ᴍᴇ ᴅᴏᴡɴ ʙʏ ᴛʜᴇ sᴇᴀ
Mᴇᴇᴛ ᴍᴇ ᴅᴏᴡɴ ɪɴ Cᴏɴᴇʏ Isʟᴀɴᴅ, ᴡᴇ'ʟʟ ɢᴏ ᴏᴜᴛ ᴏɴ ᴛʜᴇ sᴇᴀ
Sᴏ ᴅᴏɴ'ᴛ ᴀsᴋ ᴍᴇ ɴᴏ ǫᴜᴇsᴛɪᴏɴs, 'ᴄᴀᴜsᴇ I ᴅᴏɴ'ᴛ ᴄʀʏ ɴᴏ ᴡᴏʟꜰ
Bʏ ᴛʜᴇ ʀᴜɪɴs ᴏꜰ ᴛʜᴇ Fᴇʀʀɪs ᴡʜᴇᴇʟ, sᴇᴇ ʏᴏᴜʀ ᴅᴏᴜʙᴛ ɪɴ ᴛʜᴇ sᴜʀꜰ
Yᴏᴜ ᴍɪɢʜᴛ ᴛʜɪɴᴋ ʜᴇ's Cʜʀɪsᴛ-ʟɪᴋᴇ, ʙᴜᴛ ᴍʏ ʟᴏᴠᴇʀ ɪs ᴄʜɪʟᴅʟɪᴋᴇ
Sᴇᴇ ᴛʜᴇ ꜰɪsʜ sᴡɪᴍᴍɪɴɢ ᴜᴘsᴛʀᴇᴀᴍ, ʙᴀᴄᴋ ᴛᴏ ᴛʜᴇ ʜɪʟʟs
Wᴀɴᴛ ɴᴏ ᴘᴀʀᴛ ɪɴ ᴛʜᴇ ᴡʜᴀʟᴇ ᴡᴀᴛᴄʜ, ɪꜰ ʏᴏᴜ ᴄᴏᴜʟᴅɴ'ᴛ ᴛᴇʟʟ
Mʏ ʟᴏᴠᴇʀ ᴀɪɴ'ᴛ Cʜʀɪsᴛ-ʟɪᴋᴇ, ʙᴜᴛ ᴍʏ ʟᴏᴠᴇʀ ɪs ᴄʜɪʟᴅʟɪᴋᴇ
Hᴇ ᴅᴏɴ'ᴛ ᴄᴀʀᴇ ꜰᴏʀ ᴄᴏᴜɴᴛʀʏ ɪɴ ʜɪs ᴛᴀᴛᴛᴇʀs ᴀɴᴅ ʀᴀɢs
As ᴛʜᴇ ʙᴀɴᴅ ᴘʟᴀʏs ᴛʜᴇ ᴀɴᴛʜᴇᴍ, ʜᴇ ᴡʜɪsᴘᴇʀs, "Gᴏᴅ ʜᴀᴛᴇs ꜰʟᴀɢs"

PostPosted: Sun Sep 10, 2023 6:39 pm
User Image
Fiadh Reilly O'Shea
▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬

Unsorted First Year
Half Blood Eleven Year Old

User Image
                                                  Company : Grandma Meabh

Big blue eyes looked around frantically up and down the alley, the young girl tightly held a piece of paper in her hands. There was no way she was going to be letting this go as she strolled down the street. Next to her was an older lady with messy hair and circler glasses on the end of her nose. “Fiadh…” The girl in question turned her gaze to the woman as if caught off guard by her name. “Yes, grandmother?” She questioned coming out of the daze. “Where would you like to go to first?” She asked the girl.

Fiadh gave it some thought as she glanced down at the paper. “Well.. it says I need plain black robes, a pointed hat, gloves, and a winter cloak.” She replied before looking back at her. Upon doing so she nearly tripped over her own two feet before catching herself. “Careful dear.” The older woman said. “I’m good.” She replied gathering herself.

“I thought you would have wanted to get yourself a wand.” Fiadh shook her head. “It can wait till mum and dad meet us.” She answered. Meabh, her grandmother had agreed to take the young girl to Diagon Alley to get her school supplies. Her parents would be meeting them later on that day. “Well if you insist, this is very much your day.” She replied with a smile. Fiadh was more then willing to save the more exciting things for later if it meant her parents got to be apart of it.

OOC : - - -

murruelecreuset
Crew

Beloved Vampire

9,900 Points
  • Bunny Spotter 50
  • Waffles! 25
  • Team Jacob 100
Diagon Alley

Goto Page: [] [<<] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 113 114 115 116

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff