Welcome to Gaia! ::

Ministry of Magic & the Wizarding World

Back to Guilds

Live the life of a wizard! Based on J.K. Rowling's books, this guild focuses on the Ministry of Magic and everyday life. Open and accepting! 

Tags: roleplay, J.K. Rowling, Harry Potter, Ministry of Magic, Wizarding World 

Reply Diagon Alley
Diagon Alley Streets Goto Page: [] [<<] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 113 114 115 116 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Blue_Chill

Sexy Gekko

PostPosted: Thu Jul 29, 2021 2:22 am
User Image
User Image
::: PRE HOGWARTS ::: xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

User Image
                              They had decided with complete certainty that lunch would either be omelette at the newer restaurant or beans on toast at the leaky cauldron. Melinda would much prefer the omlettey goodness, her brother just wanted to brag about being in a pub.
                              “Come on Nathan, they have waffles there! Please, please, please.” Melinda tried convincing her brother. He simply shrugged at her and continued on. Janet and Melinda smiled at each other and copied his shrug, turning as Nathan had done. Giggling at their childish behaviour, Melinda was suddenly hit from behind and fell forward on all fours.
                              “Ahhh.” Thunk, thud “Melinda!” Her mother voice.
                              "I-I-I.... I'm so sorry! -tch- I didn't mean to -woo- run into you. Oh gosh. Are you -woo- okay? Did you get hurt?" Not her mother’s voice. Melinda quickly glanced at who had bumped her, a young boy around her own age, and then examined her hands for injuries. No broken skin, she rubbed the dirt off on her shorts, and accepted her mother’s help to stand. Her knees looked a little rough, maybe a bruise later, but so far, all clear. It could have been a lot worse.
                              A man was apologising to her and her mother. Janet, was too busy fussy over Melinda to pay the man any mind. Meli rolled her eyes and gently moved away from her parent. “Mom, im okay.” To the man and boy Melinda said, “I fall down all the time. I’m alright.” She smiled at the boy to show him she truly was okay.
                              “We were just on our way to the wand shop.” Melinda said politely. She then noticed the letter in the boy’s hand. Oh, so he was going to be a new student too? He had nice eyes, she noted, and he dressed better than her brother.
                              “Do you have your wand yet?” She inquired, her mother was looking around for Nathan who mustn’t have seen them stop, Dumble also was nowhere in sight. “Melinda.” She held out her hand to the boy with another smile for the pair.

::: @ DIAGON A LLEY ::: W/ MOM, BRO, KID AND MAN ::: WEARING :::

User Image

User Image
                              Cinnabun Gryffie
                              Yukina101

PostPosted: Thu Jul 29, 2021 5:07 pm
User ImageUser Image
xx✯ Wʜᴇʀᴇ Aᴍ I? Diagon Alley Street
xxx✯ Wʜᴏ Is Wɪᴛʜ Mᴇ? Dad, Melinda and her family
xxxx✯ Wʜᴀᴛ's Gᴏɪɴɢ Oɴ? Being a clumsy idiot
xxxxx✯ Wʜᴀᴛ's Iɴsɪᴅᴇ Mʏ Hᴇᴀᴅ? At least she seems nice?

Kai sighed at his dad saying he needed some robes, but at least he agreed it was super boring and could wait until later. "I was just saying it could -woo- wait until closer to time to go to school. That way they -woo- last longer into the year. I gotta -tch- make it to winter break at least." He grinned, laughing a bit. It was true that he could get robes now, but there were still like 6 months before school, so getting clothes now meant they might be too small closer to time. And since Kai didn't know how to sew anything, he figured it might save money and time. Plus, having to stand still long enough to get all measured sounded just awful.

Just a moment later, while Kai was happily talking about getting his wand, he accidentally collided with another kid about his age. Kai looked up at his dad, accepting his help back to his feet. Luckily Finn didn't mind doing up the big apologies, since Kai was feeling like he just wanted the ground to open up and swallow him whole. Luckily, it seemed, the girl wasn't hurt, just a little dusty. The girl mentioned they were on their way to the wand shop. Hey! How about that? Kai gently tugged on his dad's shirt, looking up at the man. There was like a 50/50 chance that this would be a good thing to do.

Words weren't spoken until she asked if he had his wand yet. "Not yet. We were just -woo- just thinking of going to Ollivanders now." He glanced between the girl and her dad, wondering what mom would do if she were there.... probably freak out. She was very dramatic, after all. The girl held her hand out, offering her name. Kai extended his, shaking her hand a bit awkwardly. "My name's Kai. And this is my dad. We call him Finn." He suddenly remembered one of their first conversations, way back at Wool's, when Kai was excited that everyone had nicknames. The cool part was that even after adopting the girls, it still held true. "So dad... wand? O-Or do you think Mom would be sad? 'Cause I -woo- really want my wand." He sent up a grin, a wild twinkle in his eyes. Perhaps he had a chance to make a friend that would go to school with him... and not boring primary school either, but real-deal Hogwarts!

yukina101

Blue_Chill

Aɴᴅ ɪꜰ ʏᴏᴜ ᴇᴠᴇʀ ꜰᴏʀɢᴇᴛ ʜᴏᴡ ᴍᴜᴄʜ ʏᴏᴜ ʀᴇᴀʟʟʏ ᴍᴇᴀɴ ᴛᴏ ᴍᴇ, ᴇᴠᴇʀʏ ᴅᴀʏ I ᴡɪʟʟ ʀᴇᴍɪɴᴅ ʏᴏᴜ
          Wᴇ ꜰɪɴᴅ ᴏᴜᴛ ᴡʜᴀᴛ ᴡᴇ'ʀᴇ ᴍᴀᴅᴇ ᴏꜰ ᴡʜᴇɴ ᴡᴇ ᴀʀᴇ ᴄᴀʟʟᴇᴅ ᴛᴏ ʜᴇʟᴘ ᴏᴜʀ ꜰʀɪᴇɴᴅs ɪɴ ɴᴇᴇᴅ
          Yᴏᴜ ᴄᴀɴ ᴄᴏᴜɴᴛ ᴏɴ ᴍᴇ ʟɪᴋᴇ 1, 2, 3, I'ʟʟ ʙᴇ ᴛʜᴇʀᴇ
          Aɴᴅ I ᴋɴᴏᴡ ᴡʜᴇɴ I ɴᴇᴇᴅ ɪᴛ I ᴄᴀɴ ᴄᴏᴜɴᴛ ᴏɴ ʏᴏᴜ ʟɪᴋᴇ 4, 3, 2 Yᴏᴜ'ʟʟ ʙᴇ ᴛʜᴇʀᴇ
          'Cᴀᴜsᴇ ᴛʜᴀᴛ's ᴡʜᴀᴛ ꜰʀɪᴇɴᴅs ᴀʀᴇ sᴜᴘᴘᴏsᴇᴅ ᴛᴏ ᴅᴏ
          Yᴏᴜ'ʟʟ ᴀʟᴡᴀʏs ʜᴀᴠᴇ ᴍʏ sʜᴏᴜʟᴅᴇʀ ᴡʜᴇɴ ʏᴏᴜ ᴄʀʏ
          I'ʟʟ ɴᴇᴠᴇʀ ʟᴇᴛ ɢᴏ, ɴᴇᴠᴇʀ sᴀʏ ɢᴏᴏᴅʙʏᴇ

Cinnabun Gryffie
Captain

Beloved Werewolf

15,475 Points
  • Gifting Gone Wild 250
  • Autobiographer 200
  • Pet Lover 100

Yukina101
Crew

Surefire Codger

13,950 Points
  • Vocalizing Hisser 25
  • Hellraiser 500
  • Friend of the Goat 100
PostPosted: Sat Jul 31, 2021 9:37 pm
Feel like I'm gonna puke 'cause my taxes are due
Do my password begin with a one or a two?
Been a hell of a ride but I'm thinking it's time to grow
Bang! Bang! Bang!
User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.

Genetıcıst ❃ Eıdolıst ❃ Tαken

▂▂ ▃ ▄ ▅ ▆ ▇ █ █ ▇ ▆ ▅ ▄ ▃ ▂▂

Finn watched the two kids interact thankfully leaving the small fumble in the past as they now did introductions. He gave a small grin and wave to the other adult wondering if it was weird he and Caty still allowed the kids to call them by their first names. It didn't really mean anything, Kai and the girls still referred to them as their parents and whatnot so he figured it was just something unique to their family so he let the thought go as quickly as it came. "Nice to officially meet you." He gave faux deep sigh as Kai and his new friend immediately became excited again about wands and gave a real one once he glanced down towards the boy and saw a familiar twinkle in his eyes. Curse Caty for teaching him something so diabolical! "I think she kinda figured this would happen because she had me borrow your grandda's camera so she could quote 'relive the moment forever.' I've even been practicing!" Finn boasted rather proudly. The oldest camera he'd ever really used was polaroid camera from his grandparent's commune but that one had been pretty simple. This one looked like it belonged in a museum and that he shouldn't even be allowed to breathe on it, but from the way Ciaran tossed it around and swung it from his neck for every little thing his grandkids did the thing might be indestructible. Come to think of it...maybe he should ask Caty if it'd been magicked that way. Would certainly make sense.

So put your best face on everybody
Pretend you know this song
Everybody come hang (come hang)
Let's go out with a bang
Bang! Bang! Bang!

Cinnabun Gryffie

Blue_Chill

PostPosted: Tue Aug 31, 2021 8:59 pm

User Image♩♯⌬
ANGIER HUIYAN ZHENG

first year || unsorted || halfbood
violinist and cellist

Angier had never really cared about shopping. Grocery shopping with his ma was boring and normal. School shopping with her had always been efficient and the point. Angie wasn’t sure why he expected shopping for magical school to be any different. His mother had bustled them out of the wand shop as soon as his wand had been determined, barely letting Angie pet the store attendant’s tabby cat, much less ask the attendant questions about wands.

He twirled his new wand around in his fingers idly. If he was correct, that about wrapped up the shopping. Unless his ma needed to use a cauldron for some brewing or get a potion...something about the weeds in the backyard being an eyesore.

”An An, put that away when you’re not using it,” Faye snapped without looking up from comparing her shopping list to his supply list.

”Why, everyone here’s magic and knows about it,” Angier replied, but tucked the magical instrument away. ”If you’re just going to go shopping for potions ingredients can I wait for you at Mr. Quan’s?”

At least then he could read a book and talk to some interesting strangers.

setting Diagon Alley, Late June 2054 || with Ma
appearance 4’5” + glasses || wearing Striped shirt + jeans
status at least let me read...

Cinnabun Gryffie

User ImageUser ImageUser Image
'Cause you're a sky, 'cause you're a sky full of stars
I'm gonna give you my heart
'Cause you're a sky, 'cause you're a sky full of stars
'Cause you light up the path
⌬♩♯
"A Sky Full of Stars" by Coldplay. Cover by The Piano Guys.

addaellis

addaellis

PostPosted: Tue Aug 31, 2021 9:05 pm

User Imageʚĭɞ🏛
FIANA ARLIN BYRNES

39 years || former Museum Educator || muggle
Mother of Torin and Skyla

Four years. It was odd how quickly the last four years had flown by when she thought about how soon it might end. Yet the last few months had felt like a whole new lifetime. That fateful day, one Wesley Edgeworth had arrived bearing not only news of a magical world hidden right under their noses, but also that Torin and Skyla were such magical folk. They were invited to learn more and develop their magic at a magical boarding school in Scotland.

Once convinced it wasn’t some prank, Fiana had pestered Governor Edgeworth with questions about the magical world and school. As soon as they kids had gotten out for summer recess, Fiana had taken the kids with Mr. Edgeworth to go shopping for a whole host of magical school supplies. She wasn’t usually one for shopping, but this was exploring a whole new world!

Since then,Torin had gotten a new chair, equipped for the magical world. The plan today had been to go try it out around Diagon Alley, and maybe check out a few shops--maybe get an owl, or get Skyla a pet of her own. Aldis was supposed to be coming along as well, but something had come up last minute at work, and he was—as usual it seemed— working all weekend again.

“Is the new chair working okay?” Fiana asked Tor as they started on cobblestone. Fiana tried not to be over-worried, but for the past four years it seemed her job was to worry. “Sky sweetie, do you remember the tapping for the wall?”

She reached for her notebook, confident she’d written it down when they last came with Mr. Edgeworth. Then again the three of them had spent plenty of time the last few days poring over the twins’ new coursebooks. Maybe all this magic was starting to mix itself up!

setting Diagon Alley, Late June 2054 || with Torin and Skyla
appearance 5’5” well built || wearing bottom left; light gray sweater over flowery top + jeans
status Are they enjoying themselves even without Aldis?

Cinnabun Gryffie

There's a grace in the depths of self-destruction
I had to face before I held you in my arms
All the demons I have taken just to shelter you from harm
I'd do it all again for you my pearl

🏛ʚĭɞ
"Pearl" by SOBI

PostPosted: Tue Aug 31, 2021 9:37 pm
User ImageUser Image
xx❈ Wʜᴇʀᴇ Aᴍ I? Outside Diagon Alley
xxx❈ Wʜᴏ Is Wɪᴛʜ Mᴇ? Mom, Torin
xxxx❈ Wʜᴀᴛ's Gᴏɪɴɢ Oɴ? Locked Out???
xxxxx❈ Wʜᴀᴛ's Iɴsɪᴅᴇ Mʏ Hᴇᴀᴅ? How do we get in now?

Skyla was super excited. Not only were they like... super magical, but the guy who told them they were magical also knew a guy who made custom magical wheelchairs and stuff. So now they were here to test the new chair, which they'd picked up a while prior. They were going with their mom, this time without the magical guy leading them around the shops. Then again, that was Sky and Torin's secret plan. They wanted a chance to explore the alleyway without the fancy-pants guy. They still had their mom with them, but she was pretty fun sometimes.

"The chair has to work! If it wasn't working, it's still got wheels. Like how if an escalator stops working it just becomes stairs." She grinned up at the woman, then looked at the wall. Her mom asked if she remembered the tapping. Of course, Sky grabbed her wand, then pondered. "I'm pretty sure you've gotta tap... uh... that one. And maybe that one." She thought about it a second, then huffed in frustration. "Okay. So maybe I don't remember. But we only watched the guy do it once! Right Tor? It's not my fault I don't remember! Maybe me and Torin can go into the restaurant there and ask the counter guy? Or wait until another magic person needs to go shopping." She tapped her foot, trying to think up a plan.

addaellis

CatWaffle

You held me down, but I got up, already brushing off the dust
          You hear my voice, you hear that sound, like thunder, gonna shake the ground
          You held me down, but I got up, get ready 'cause I've had enough
          I see it all, I see it now! I got the eye of the tiger, a fighter
          Dancing through the fire 'cause I am a champion, and you're gonna hear me roar
          Louder, louder than a lion 'cause I am a champion, and you're gonna hear me roar

Cinnabun Gryffie
Captain

Beloved Werewolf

15,475 Points
  • Gifting Gone Wild 250
  • Autobiographer 200
  • Pet Lover 100

CatWaffle
Crew

Questionable Waffles

9,225 Points
  • Ultimate Player 200
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Rufus' Gratitude 100
PostPosted: Mon Sep 06, 2021 8:34 am

When you've been fighting for it all your life
                                                      You've been struggling to make things right
                                                      That's how a superhero learns to fly

Torin could easily say this was the coolest summer. Sure the trips they took were pretty awesome but it was pretty hard to beat learning you were magic! It did seem the magical world was less wheelchair friendly but maybe he was a rarity? The fancy magic school guy Mr Edgeworth helped him score a new wheelchair that let him get into places with stairs. (apparently Hogwarts had many) As soon as he had it he wanted to bee line it for the first stairwell but they had to keep magic under wraps. Like a superhero secret identity

Today they were back to test his magic wheelchair in a place it was ok to do so: Diagon Alley. They were on some cobblestones now and he recalled it being super bumpy but this time he might've well been on the smoothest pavement. Honestly it was kind of trippy but as fun as the bumpy was it was good not to be vibrating down the road. Mom asked how the chair was working out. "I'm not vibrating so that's a good sign!" Tor replied. He tried to remember the tapping password. "I think I know what brick but not the order. But I'm sure asking the counter guy would be better than guessing. I'm sure we're not the first to ask."

When you've fighting for it all your life
                                                                You've been working every day and night
                                                                That's how a superhero learns to fly

addaellis

Cinnabun Gryffie

PostPosted: Mon Sep 06, 2021 1:08 pm

User Imageʚĭɞ🏛
FIANA ARLIN BYRNES

39 years || former Museum Educator || muggle
Mother of Torin and Skyla

“Good, then just keep an eye on it just to be sure. We can report any oddities to Mr. Edgeworth, just in case something happens at school,” Fiana replied softly. She was reassured that the new chair seemed to be working out at least. And she knew Torin was bouncing on his wheels--literally-- to really run the new magic chair through its paces.

The kids seemed to remember only pieces of the tapping pattern to enter Diagon Alley, ”Not an issue, I’ve got it here.” she said, showing them a diagram of the brick wall before them, with a numbered list of what to tap. Fortunately, Fiana wasn’t so far out of touch that she didn’t document as much as she could! Unfortunately, she couldn’t make the combination work, as she was not magical in the same way. But Torin and Skyla would be more than capable of that, and in a few months, they would be learning spells to do leaning and levitating and all these things she could only imagine. ”Would one of you like to do the honors?”

setting Diagon Alley, Late June 2054 || with Torin and Skyla
appearance 5’5” well built || wearing bottom left; light gray sweater over flowery top + jeans
status Oh they grow up so fast

Cinnabun Gryffie

There's a grace in the depths of self-destruction
I had to face before I held you in my arms
All the demons I have taken just to shelter you from harm
I'd do it all again for you my pearl

🏛ʚĭɞ
"Pearl" by SOBI

addaellis

Cinnabun Gryffie
Captain

Beloved Werewolf

15,475 Points
  • Gifting Gone Wild 250
  • Autobiographer 200
  • Pet Lover 100
PostPosted: Mon Sep 06, 2021 6:32 pm
User ImageUser Image
xx❈ Wʜᴇʀᴇ Aᴍ I? Diagon Alley
xxx❈ Wʜᴏ Is Wɪᴛʜ Mᴇ? Mom, Torin
xxxx❈ Wʜᴀᴛ's Gᴏɪɴɢ Oɴ? Exploring the Alley
xxxxx❈ Wʜᴀᴛ's Iɴsɪᴅᴇ Mʏ Hᴇᴀᴅ? We did it!

Skyla listened as Torin replied that his chair wasn't vibrating, which was indeed a good sign. Then it was back to their debate about the bricks. She thought her recommendation to wait for someone who needed to do magic in town was a good one, but then Torin said they could just go ask the guy in the restaurant. "But what if that guy doesn't know about magic? Maybe he just thinks people like hanging out in this weird alcove behind his shop.... for a long time. I dunno. Or what if he's a grump who smacks up around or something?"

Of course, then their mom chimed in with a logical thought, one that was probably the best plan. Sky watched their mama tap on the bricks... only nothing happened. She then looked at Skyla and Torin, then asked if they'd do the honors. "Oh! Do we need magic to get in? Lemme try using this wand I got. It's gotta be good for somethin, right?" She chuckled, tapping the bricks her mom pointed out. After a second, the magical pathway opened up, revealing the town. "There it is! We did it! C'mon, let's go explore!" The brunette stepped in, looking around the now very crowded alley.

addaellis

CatWaffle

You held me down, but I got up, already brushing off the dust
          You hear my voice, you hear that sound, like thunder, gonna shake the ground
          You held me down, but I got up, get ready 'cause I've had enough
          I see it all, I see it now! I got the eye of the tiger, a fighter
          Dancing through the fire 'cause I am a champion, and you're gonna hear me roar
          Louder, louder than a lion 'cause I am a champion, and you're gonna hear me roar

PostPosted: Wed Aug 09, 2023 10:57 pm
User ImageUser Image
xx⇴ Wʜᴇʀᴇ ᴀᴍ I? Diagon Alley
xxx⇴ Wʜᴏ ɪs ᴡɪᴛʜ ᴍᴇ? Declan McNamara
xxxx⇴ Wʜᴀᴛ's ɢᴏɪɴɢ ᴏɴ? Governess Duties
xxxxx⇴ Wʜᴀᴛ'ʀᴇ ᴍʏ ᴛʜᴏᴜɢʜᴛs? I always love this moment

Nora nodded at the boy's question, before explaining the process softly. He hurried to pull on his jacket, before his grandpa told him he'd be fine, just to listen to her. Nora sent a thankful nod over toward the man, before holding Declan by the hand. "Alright, deep breath in..." She spoke softly, before she felt the familiar feeling of feet lifting from the ground. A quick second later landed the duo in the little alcove behind the Leaky Cauldron. Nora, having apparated many a student here, knew there was a large bin here, just in case.

Taking out her wand, the woman carefully tapped at the brickwork, watching with a smile as the archway opened up. "Welcome, Declan, to Diagon Alley, and to your future." She led him through the archway and onto the alleyway proper. Luckily, it was still early spring, so the Alley wasn't nearly as crowded as in the summer months. "Did you bring along the letter? Inside, it will have a list of all your supplies. We can go in any order that fascinates you. And as we walk, I'll try to make sure you're able to see all the sights. If you have any questions at all, please don't hesitate to ask."

This was the part she loved most of her job. Getting to experience Diagon through eager new eyes every time. It always took her back to when she was an eleven year old, ribbons in her hair as she asked a million questions. Hopefully, just hopefully, she could make the experience as wonderful as her own had been. Declan seemed a lovely sort, and she quite hoped the trip would be memorable and wonderful. Plus, being on the alley meant Nora would be able to say hello to Nani, as well as possibly Laili. And since it was a Thursday, it meant her grandson would be along at one shop or the other. A lovely day all around.

{{Wearing :: Pretty Orange}}
AliceInWonderland0921

Mᴇᴇᴛ ᴍᴇ ᴅᴏᴡɴ ʙʏ ᴛʜᴇ ᴡʜᴀʟᴇ ᴡᴀᴛᴄʜ, ᴍᴇᴇᴛ ᴍᴇ ᴅᴏᴡɴ ʙʏ ᴛʜᴇ sᴇᴀ
Mᴇᴇᴛ ᴍᴇ ᴅᴏᴡɴ ɪɴ Cᴏɴᴇʏ Isʟᴀɴᴅ, ᴡᴇ'ʟʟ ɢᴏ ᴏᴜᴛ ᴏɴ ᴛʜᴇ sᴇᴀ
Sᴏ ᴅᴏɴ'ᴛ ᴀsᴋ ᴍᴇ ɴᴏ ǫᴜᴇsᴛɪᴏɴs, 'ᴄᴀᴜsᴇ I ᴅᴏɴ'ᴛ ᴄʀʏ ɴᴏ ᴡᴏʟꜰ
Bʏ ᴛʜᴇ ʀᴜɪɴs ᴏꜰ ᴛʜᴇ Fᴇʀʀɪs ᴡʜᴇᴇʟ, sᴇᴇ ʏᴏᴜʀ ᴅᴏᴜʙᴛ ɪɴ ᴛʜᴇ sᴜʀꜰ
Yᴏᴜ ᴍɪɢʜᴛ ᴛʜɪɴᴋ ʜᴇ's Cʜʀɪsᴛ-ʟɪᴋᴇ, ʙᴜᴛ ᴍʏ ʟᴏᴠᴇʀ ɪs ᴄʜɪʟᴅʟɪᴋᴇ
Sᴇᴇ ᴛʜᴇ ꜰɪsʜ sᴡɪᴍᴍɪɴɢ ᴜᴘsᴛʀᴇᴀᴍ, ʙᴀᴄᴋ ᴛᴏ ᴛʜᴇ ʜɪʟʟs
Wᴀɴᴛ ɴᴏ ᴘᴀʀᴛ ɪɴ ᴛʜᴇ ᴡʜᴀʟᴇ ᴡᴀᴛᴄʜ, ɪꜰ ʏᴏᴜ ᴄᴏᴜʟᴅɴ'ᴛ ᴛᴇʟʟ
Mʏ ʟᴏᴠᴇʀ ᴀɪɴ'ᴛ Cʜʀɪsᴛ-ʟɪᴋᴇ, ʙᴜᴛ ᴍʏ ʟᴏᴠᴇʀ ɪs ᴄʜɪʟᴅʟɪᴋᴇ
Hᴇ ᴅᴏɴ'ᴛ ᴄᴀʀᴇ ꜰᴏʀ ᴄᴏᴜɴᴛʀʏ ɪɴ ʜɪs ᴛᴀᴛᴛᴇʀs ᴀɴᴅ ʀᴀɢs
As ᴛʜᴇ ʙᴀɴᴅ ᴘʟᴀʏs ᴛʜᴇ ᴀɴᴛʜᴇᴍ, ʜᴇ ᴡʜɪsᴘᴇʀs, "Gᴏᴅ ʜᴀᴛᴇs ꜰʟᴀɢs"

Cinnabun Gryffie
Captain

Beloved Werewolf

15,475 Points
  • Gifting Gone Wild 250
  • Autobiographer 200
  • Pet Lover 100

AliceInWonderland0921

PostPosted: Thu Aug 10, 2023 8:36 pm
User ImageUser Image
xx Wʜᴇʀᴇ Aᴍ I? Diagon Alley
xxx Wʜᴏ Is Wɪᴛʜ Mᴇ? Mrs Heulwen
xxxx Wʜᴀᴛ's Gᴏɪɴɢ Oɴ? First visit to Diagon
xxxxx Wʜᴀᴛ's Iɴsɪᴅᴇ Mʏ Hᴇᴀᴅ? Can't contain my excitement

Declan did as he was told and took a deep breath before he was suddenly lifted off the ground and pulled along with her to a small courtyard. When he feet hit the ground, Declan stumbled a little but managed to keep his composure. He blinked and looked around their surroundings. "Where are we?" he quietly muttered to himself. But she was already taking out her wand and tapping the bricks on the wall. Suddenly they peeled back and opened into an archway. Declan gasped and reached out to touch the archway, then glanced into the street that had appeared behind it. "Wow!" His blue eyes swelled and he eagerly took in all the sights, glancing up and down the wide alley, almost missing her asking if he had his letter. "Oh, sorry ma'am. Here it is," he said, producing the still sealed letter. He'd never got a chance to even open the letter in question. With shaky hands, he unsealed the letter to look it over, glancing at the list of ingredients, books, and equipment that he needed to purchase before school. "Um, I... I don't have any money... ma'am," Declan said shakily, suddenly realizing he had no way to pay for any of this. Was his dream come true about to die before he even had time to savor it? Tears started to well in his eyes as he feared that he wouldn't get to go to this magical school.

✮✩✮✩✮✩✮✩✮✩✮✩✮✩✮
          Wᴇʟᴄᴏᴍᴇ ᴛᴏ Wᴏɴᴅᴇʀʟᴀɴᴅ, ᴡʜᴇʀᴇ sʜᴏᴜʟᴅ ᴡᴇ ɢᴏ? Tʜᴇʀᴇ's ᴀ ᴛᴇᴀ ᴘᴀʀᴛʏ ᴀʟᴏɴɢ ᴅᴏᴡɴ ᴛʜᴇ ʀᴏᴀᴅ
          Mᴀᴋᴇ ᴀɴ ᴀᴘᴘᴇᴀʀᴀɴᴄᴇ ᴀɴᴅ ᴍᴀʏʙᴇ ᴛʜᴇʏ'ʟʟ sɪɴɢ ᴜs ᴀ sᴏɴɢ, ᴅᴀɴᴄɪɴɢ ᴛʜʀᴏᴜɢʜ ᴀ ᴅʀᴇᴀᴍ ᴜɴᴅᴇʀɴᴇᴀᴛʜ ᴛʜᴇ sᴛᴀʀs
          Lᴀᴜɢʜɪɴɢ 'ᴛɪʟ ᴛʜᴇ ᴍᴏʀɴɪɴɢ ᴄᴏᴍᴇs. Eᴠᴇʀʏᴏɴᴇ ᴛʜᴀᴛ ʟᴇᴀᴠᴇs ʜᴀs ᴀ ʜᴇᴀᴠʏ ʜᴇᴀʀᴛ
          Oʜ, Wᴏɴᴅᴇʀʟᴀɴᴅ I ʟᴏᴠᴇ✮✩✮
          Nᴏᴛʜɪɴɢ ᴀʀᴏᴜɴᴅ ʜᴇʀᴇ ɪs ᴏ̨ᴜɪᴛᴇ ᴀs ɪᴛ sᴇᴇᴍs, Nᴏᴛ sᴜʀᴇ ɪғ ᴀɴʏᴛʜɪɴɢ's ʀᴇᴀʟ ᴏʀ ᴀ ᴅʀᴇᴀᴍ
          Aɴᴅ ᴛʜᴇ ᴏɴʟʏ ᴛʜɪɴɢ sᴜʀᴇ ғʀᴏᴍ ᴛʜᴇ sᴛᴀʀᴛ, ɪs ᴛʜᴇ sᴏɴɢ ᴛʜᴀᴛ's ɪɴsɪᴅᴇ ᴏғ ʏᴏᴜʀ ʜᴇᴀʀᴛ
          Dᴏɴ'ᴛ ʟᴇᴛ ɪᴛ ʟᴇᴀᴠᴇ✮✩✮
          ✮✩✮✩✮✩✮✩✮✩✮✩✮✩✮

Cinnabun Gryffie

PostPosted: Thu Aug 10, 2023 8:58 pm
User ImageUser Image
xxxxx⇴ Wʜᴀᴛ'ʀᴇ ᴍʏ ᴛʜᴏᴜɢʜᴛs? He's a good kid

Nora watched Declan's surprise, happy that he seemed excited for all the changes. After asking if he still had the letter, Declan agreed, even taking a moment to apologize. "No problem at all, little lamb. I have extra copies of the shopping list if we needed them." Hopefully an explanation helped. As the boy looked over the list, he seemed to deflate a bit, before he shakily said he didn't have any money. It was then she noticed the tears lining his lashes.

"Oh, fy nghariad, my love. Don't you worry yourself at all. The school has a fund to pay for our lovely new students. You don't have to pay anything at all. I promise, we'll get all you need so you can begin your magical journey." She gently set a hand on the boy's shoulder, giving a reassuring squeeze. She never liked when kids felt sad, and if she could avoid it, she always would. "So where would you like to begin? Does anything seem extra fun to buy?" Maybe she could get his smile to return.

AliceInWonderland0921

Cinnabun Gryffie
Captain

Beloved Werewolf

15,475 Points
  • Gifting Gone Wild 250
  • Autobiographer 200
  • Pet Lover 100

AliceInWonderland0921

PostPosted: Thu Aug 10, 2023 9:52 pm
User ImageUser Image
xx Wʜᴇʀᴇ Aᴍ I? Diagon Alley
xxx Wʜᴏ Is Wɪᴛʜ Mᴇ? Mrs Heulwen
xxxx Wʜᴀᴛ's Gᴏɪɴɢ Oɴ? First visit to Diagon
xxxxx Wʜᴀᴛ's Iɴsɪᴅᴇ Mʏ Hᴇᴀᴅ? Can't contain my excitement

This day had been so eventful already that the thought of not being able to attend this school he'd just found out about recently was too much. But Nora dispelled his mounting fear by telling him that the school was going to pay for the supplies he needed. "Really?" he asked with a sniffle, then pulled his handkerchief from his pocket and wiped his nose. He couldn't believe that the school would also pay for the supplies to go there. "And... and we don't have to pay anything to go there either?" It all seemed so farfetched from what he was used to. His primary school was expensive, something his father reminded him about frequently. He had to be a stellar student because his parents worked very hard to afford to send him to school. So to be going to a school for free and above that, they would pay for his school supplies, at least for his first year, was something outlandish to him. But Mrs. Heulwen seemed to be positive that this was normal, so he gave a little nod and looked at the shopping list again. All of it seemed so interesting and he was definitely curious about the wand on the list. He assumed that was what she had used to conjure the pretty birds. But he would save that for last because it was the most interesting. "Um, I... the textbooks seem interesting, ma'am. I love bookstores but my mum and dad only let me read specific 'church approved' books. I think I've read the same books a dozen times." He sighed and wiped his eyes with his sleeve, still entirely taken aback by the sight of the Alley.

✮✩✮✩✮✩✮✩✮✩✮✩✮✩✮
          Wᴇʟᴄᴏᴍᴇ ᴛᴏ Wᴏɴᴅᴇʀʟᴀɴᴅ, ᴡʜᴇʀᴇ sʜᴏᴜʟᴅ ᴡᴇ ɢᴏ? Tʜᴇʀᴇ's ᴀ ᴛᴇᴀ ᴘᴀʀᴛʏ ᴀʟᴏɴɢ ᴅᴏᴡɴ ᴛʜᴇ ʀᴏᴀᴅ
          Mᴀᴋᴇ ᴀɴ ᴀᴘᴘᴇᴀʀᴀɴᴄᴇ ᴀɴᴅ ᴍᴀʏʙᴇ ᴛʜᴇʏ'ʟʟ sɪɴɢ ᴜs ᴀ sᴏɴɢ, ᴅᴀɴᴄɪɴɢ ᴛʜʀᴏᴜɢʜ ᴀ ᴅʀᴇᴀᴍ ᴜɴᴅᴇʀɴᴇᴀᴛʜ ᴛʜᴇ sᴛᴀʀs
          Oʜ, Wᴏɴᴅᴇʀʟᴀɴᴅ I ʟᴏᴠᴇ✮✩✮
          Nᴏᴛʜɪɴɢ ᴀʀᴏᴜɴᴅ ʜᴇʀᴇ ɪs ᴏ̨ᴜɪᴛᴇ ᴀs ɪᴛ sᴇᴇᴍs, Nᴏᴛ sᴜʀᴇ ɪғ ᴀɴʏᴛʜɪɴɢ's ʀᴇᴀʟ ᴏʀ ᴀ ᴅʀᴇᴀᴍ
          Dᴏɴ'ᴛ ʟᴇᴛ ɪᴛ ʟᴇᴀᴠᴇ✮✩✮
          ✮✩✮✩✮✩✮✩✮✩✮✩✮✩✮

Cinnabun Gryffie

PostPosted: Thu Aug 10, 2023 10:32 pm
User ImageUser Image
xxxxx⇴ Wʜᴀᴛ'ʀᴇ ᴍʏ ᴛʜᴏᴜɢʜᴛs? He's a good kid

Nora nodded calmly when Declan asked to confirm that no charge would be due. "Of course, dear. I wouldn't bring you out somewhere with no money or any way to pay." A soft smile touched her lips, the woman glad she'd managed to avert crisis. Declan wiped his nose, then asked about the actual cost of Hogwarts. "Free of charge as well. Once you're a bit older, there are some special elective classes you'd have to pay for, but otherwise, all is free. Then, when you reach third year, you'll be able to take field trips to the local village beside Hogwarts. Most people bring some coin to buy things there, but there are several free activities there too. You'll get full room and board, three wonderful meals a day, sports, games, clubs of all sorts... All because you're a wonderful addition to our magical community."

She gently tussled his soft hair, a sweet smile on her face. After he read the list, he asked about going to the book shop. Apparently he normally had a very short list of "acceptable" reading material. Normally, Nora would say something, but perhaps a more subtle act of sticking it to religious family would be better suited here. "Very well, then. Let's go collect your textbooks. And if you see any others you'd like to view, please let me know, okay?" She set her hand on his shoulder, gently guiding them toward the bookshop. "Flourish & Blotts is here. Are you ready?" She held open the door, allowing access to the boy.

{{OoC: Next post here}}
AliceInWonderland0921

Cinnabun Gryffie
Captain

Beloved Werewolf

15,475 Points
  • Gifting Gone Wild 250
  • Autobiographer 200
  • Pet Lover 100

AliceInWonderland0921

PostPosted: Wed Aug 30, 2023 10:41 pm
User ImageUser Image
xx Wʜᴇʀᴇ Aᴍ I? Diagon Alley Streets
xxx Wʜᴏ Is Wɪᴛʜ Mᴇ? Nora
xxxx Wʜᴀᴛ's Gᴏɪɴɢ Oɴ? We have everything now...
xxxxx Wʜᴀᴛ's Iɴsɪᴅᴇ Mʏ Hᴇᴀᴅ? I don't want to leave

After happily paying for the wand, Declan tucked the box close to him as they exited the shop back into the street. He glanced up and down the alley and a sad realization hit him. Since they had all the necessary items from his list, that meant they were done and he'd have to return to his home. He gave out a small sigh and frowned. "This was a lot of fun. I'm looking forward to school." He gave a little nod and tried his best to smile, but it was apparent that he was not looking forward to returning to his mundane life, now knowing that this magical world existed. Before he could continue that train of thought, someone called out, "Oh ho! There you are!" Making their way towards them was an older man with shocking blue hair carrying a covered cage. He waved at them to garner their attention and hustled closer. "You must be Mrs. Nora Heulwen and you must be my nephew, Declan!" He held up a finger to pant for air for a second, then added, "My name's Seamus. O'Kerry. Happy birthday nephew!" He handed Declan the cage that issued a soft hoot. That caught Declan quite off guard and he lifted the cover to peek at the small tawny owl in the cage. "She's a tawny. All the necessary food and care manuals are in this," he said and handed Declan a small bag. Declan was confused as to why his uncle was gifting him with a pet owl. "This...this is an owl?" he asked, a questioning look on his face as he glanced from his uncle to Nora.

✮✩✮✩✮✩✮✩✮✩✮✩✮✩✮
          Oʜ, Wᴏɴᴅᴇʀʟᴀɴᴅ I ʟᴏᴠᴇ✮✩✮
          Dᴏɴ'ᴛ ʟᴇᴛ ɪᴛ ʟᴇᴀᴠᴇ✮✩✮
          ✮✩✮✩✮✩✮✩✮✩✮✩✮✩✮

Cinnabun Gryffie

Diagon Alley

Goto Page: [] [<<] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 113 114 115 116 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out