Welcome to Gaia! ::

Ministry of Magic & the Wizarding World

Back to Guilds

Live the life of a wizard! Based on J.K. Rowling's books, this guild focuses on the Ministry of Magic and everyday life. Open and accepting! 

Tags: roleplay, J.K. Rowling, Harry Potter, Ministry of Magic, Wizarding World 

Reply Diagon Alley
Diagon Alley Streets Goto Page: [] [<<] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 112 113 114 115 116 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

MJ Spooks

Demonic Cat

14,625 Points
  • Demonic Associate 100
  • Loving Fortune Seeker 250
  • WilyTrickster 50
PostPosted: Sun Apr 19, 2020 7:58 pm
User ImageUser Image

═════════════════════════════════════════════
                                                              ι ¢αи'т ѕтσρ ѕнαкιи' - тнє яσσм нαѕ α gяσσνє
                                                              αи∂ тнє fℓσσя ιт'ѕ αℓмσѕт єαятнqυαкιи', υнυн
                                                              ℓσσк ωнαт ωє'яє мαкιи', нιѕтσяу συт σи тнє fℓσσя
                                                              αи∂ ιт'ѕ נυѕт αωαкιи', υнυн
                                                              ѕσ gєт тнαт иєє∂ℓє ιи тнє ¢σяє, ѕ¢яαт¢н тнαт вα¢к αи∂ gιммє мσяє
                                                              уσυ киσω zα¢тℓу ωнαт ι ¢αмє нєяє fσя - вα¢к ιт υρ αи∂ ∂σ ιт αgαιи

spaceBillie had enough self-awareness to snort a little when As declared his innocence. The only reason he didn't get into "too much" trouble was because he was pretty good at not getting caught. She would know, considering how often she got into trouble with him. "Well, I'm not sure I'm the best person to keep you out of trouble, but at least we'll get into it together!" she said with a grin.

spaceShe blinked a little when he tried the ice cream, her face growing a little warm. Well, that was... new. Sort of. So was the weird squirmy feeling. She knew Nasim had made a couple comments about them flirting before, but Billie had never really paid it any mind. They were just friends, she figured. Now, though, she couldn't help but notice that As was actually cute. Was that a crush? She'd have to ask her mum and dad. Although, their commentary on it in the past had always made it seem... well, more dramatic. Then again, they were dramatic people.

spaceHer flushed deepened a little when he commented on the flavor, and she frowned.
                                                              "Uh, sorry, I only do mint during the holidays," she said. "Although, I got this for me, so, I guess it's not a big deal that you don't like it." She considered his question, glancing around Diagon curiously. "Which aunt?" she asked, curious. She couldn't keep track of the whole family, truth be told. "Did you mean Gypsy? I was considering popping in to see if Jack was around, before you found me. 'Cause I was lonely and all. We could still do that, though, if you wanted." Although, now that As was around, the idea of including Jack didn't seem quite so appealing. Huh. She'd never had a problem hanging out with her not-cousin before.

space"Uh, we could get you an ice cream, since I've got one and you don't? Feels a bit awkward. And then maybe make up the rest as we go?" That was how they usually did things, anyway, truth be told. She grinned a little, side-eyeing him as she headed back towards the ice cream shop. "How close do you gotta stay, exactly? Within sight of people who can and will rat on you, I guess?" Billie tried to think of people around the shopping center who would be willing to look the other way while they got up to mischief. There had to be someone, right?

ѕℓαм тнαт вαѕѕ αи∂ мαкє ιт ѕιиg, gινє тнσѕє ѕтяιиgѕ тнαт яιρ 'и zιиg
                                                              fяσм тнє мι∂∂ℓє тσ тнє тσρ тσ тнє єи∂
                                                              вα ∂ℓυ ∂ℓα ∂ℓυи ∂ℓσ∂αу вα ∂ℓυ ∂ℓα ∂ℓυи ∂ℓσ∂αу
                                                              ι ∂σи'т ¢αяє ιf нє'ѕ α fяιєи∂ fяσм тнє fяσит
                                                              тσ тнє мι∂∂ℓє тσ тнє вα¢к тσ тнє єи∂

wнere - Diagon Alley - Near Florean's
                                                              wнen - Afternoon - Summer 2049
                                                              wιтн - As
                                                              - ooc -
                                                              blah blah blah

Diamond Wales

PostPosted: Sun Apr 19, 2020 8:20 pm
User Image
                                                  Slowly out of line
                                                  And drifting closer in your sights
                                                  So play it out I'm wide awake
                                                  It's a scene about me

User Image
                                                  ════════════════════════

Sʟʏᴛʜᴇʀɪɴ || Fᴏᴜʀᴛʜ Yᴇᴀʀ || Pᴜʀᴇʙʟᴏᴏᴅ

════════════════════════

As smirked. There was certainly a reason he really liked hanging out with Billie. She wasn't afraid to get into trouble, unlike certain twins he could name (coughhackRunesnortcough). In any case, he lookedaround the street with renewed interest, figuring if they were going to make a day of it, then they were certainly going to make it a day. "That's what I was thinking too. We just need to figure out where though...."

He noticed the blush, and couldn't help it when he felt a bit warm too. Still, it wasn't like he didn't know that he was cute. He'd heard it often enough, It still didn't save him when he got caught, though. "Oh, yeah, Gypsy. I mean, we could go see Jack, but I have a feeling he's got my cousin with him, and while I like Loke, well, his mum can give death glares with the best of them. Doesn't help she's only got one eye."

He glanced toward Florean's and honestly, yeah, that sounded good. "Sure. I've got some money I can do that with." As then considered the rest of the question and shrugged. "I'm not sure. Dad's a lot more lenient than Mum is. Mum says that it's because he could have been a Hufflepuff if he went to Hogwarts. We could find out though." So maybe he might just want to see how far he could go before his dad found him again. So what? It wasn't like his dad wasn't an auror. Magni would probably track them down so easily and get them out of any real trouble before it actually happened. Which, bonus, that meant that he was perfectly safe, too. There were perks to being an auror's kid, after all.

════════════════════════

Thinking: Well, this sucks...
                                                  OOC:

-◎-

User ImageUser ImageUser ImageUser ImageUser Image

There's something in your way
                                                  And now someone is gonna pay
                                                  And if you can't get what you want
                                                  Well it's all because of me

Cara MiaKitty

Diamond Wales

Vice Captain

Shameless Dreamer

19,800 Points
  • Rufus' Gratitude 100
  • Team Jacob 100
  • Married 100

MJ Spooks

Demonic Cat

14,625 Points
  • Demonic Associate 100
  • WilyTrickster 50
PostPosted: Mon Apr 20, 2020 2:33 pm
User ImageUser Image

ι ¢αи'т ѕтσρ ѕнαкιи' - тнє яσσм нαѕ α gяσσνє
                                                              αи∂ тнє fℓσσя ιт'ѕ αℓмσѕт єαятнqυαкιи', υнυн
                                                              ℓσσк ωнαт ωє'яє мαкιи', нιѕтσяу συт σи тнє fℓσσя
                                                              αи∂ ιт'ѕ נυѕт αωαкιи', υнυн
                                                              ѕσ gєт тнαт иєє∂ℓє ιи тнє ¢σяє, ѕ¢яαт¢н тнαт вα¢к αи∂ gιммє мσяє

spaceWere she a more self-introspective person, Billie might've filed away the little flutter she felt when As elected not to include Jack in their adventures, to think about and analyze later. As it was, she gave it the fraction of a second to note it was new-and-weird, and then promptly forgot about it. She snickered a little at the mention of Loke's mum, who she'd only seen a handful of times but was fairly intimidated by. "You know, everyone thinks Jason's scary, and he's really not," she said thoughtfully. "Is Mrs. Nalson-Lillantine like that, or is she actually that scary?" She ran the orphanage, so surely not? None of the former-orphan kids Billie had met seemed particularly traumatized. Then again, how many kids even was that? "I think having on eye does probably help a lot. Pirates wore eyepatches for a reason," she noted, and then grinned. "Well, they mostly wore 'em so they could still see stuff below decks. But I bet some of 'em definitely wore 'em 'cause it looked scary."

spaceShe was, she would admit, somewhat relieved that As had money. She had some as well, but it wasn't a lot, and she wanted to try and stretch it if she could. She'd only taken what was in her piggy bank (actually a puppy bank) rather than take the time to wheedle more out of her parents. Next time she'd plan ahead better... hopefully.

spaceShe hummed thoughtfully, wondering just how far they could push their luck. Would stopping by the joke shop be a bad idea, if they were trying to avoid Loke? She didn't really have the money for anything anyway, but it might've been fun to look at stuff. No skate park, either, if they didn't want Jack inviting himself along.
                                                              "I'm a little tight on money," she told him, "so I probably won't buy anything wherever we go." Truthfully, there wasn't much to do for fun at Diagon. Huh. Someone should fix that, for sure.

space"Ugh. You'd think they'd figure out how to put in, like. An arcade or something," Billie whined, slumping forward. She had been going for dramatic, but managed to smush her nose into her ice cream a little, and went cross-eyed for a second, trying to lick it free. "There's one in London where you can pay a few pounds for free play for a couple hours, instead of having to pay each time you use a machine. It's neat." Her dad was more of a telly person than a gaming person, but she still got him to take her somewhere every now and again.

ѕℓαм тнαт вαѕѕ αи∂ мαкє ιт ѕιиg, gινє тнσѕє ѕтяιиgѕ тнαт яιρ 'и zιиg
                                                              fяσм тнє мι∂∂ℓє тσ тнє тσρ тσ тнє єи∂
                                                              вα ∂ℓυ ∂ℓα ∂ℓυи ∂ℓσ∂αу вα ∂ℓυ ∂ℓα ∂ℓυи ∂ℓσ∂αу
                                                              ι ∂σи'т ¢αяє ιf нє'ѕ α fяιєи∂ fяσм тнє fяσит
                                                              тσ тнє мι∂∂ℓє тσ тнє вα¢к тσ тнє єи∂

wнere - Diagon Alley - Near Florean's
                                                              wнen - Afternoon - Summer 2049
                                                              wιтн - As
                                                              - ooc -
                                                              blah blah blah

Diamond Wales

PostPosted: Sat Jul 18, 2020 5:49 am
User Image

I guess I'm learning, I must be warmer now
                                                            I'll soon be turning, round the corner now
                                                            Outside the dawn is breaking
                                                            But inside in the dark I'm aching to be free

"That's awesome! It's more fun to shop with others" Archie said happy the adults, well most of them, were ok for them to shop together. Mom was as polite as ever, even with the snooty adult. It not like they didn't have snooty patrons sometimes. Those gave good tips to have Archie leave them alone! He had been here before but it was always fun to see all the shops, look at the candy shop display, and dream of racing brooms. "What do you want to get first?" Archie asked. He was effectively ignoring the adults unless they moved or asked him something. They had adult things to do and he wasn't and adult just yet.

My soul is painted like the wings of butterflies
                                                                                        Fairy tales of yesterday, grow but never die
                                                                                        I can fly, my friends

Miss GryffindorK

CatWaffle
Crew

Questionable Waffles

9,225 Points
  • Ultimate Player 200
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Rufus' Gratitude 100

Cinnabun Gryffie
Captain

Beloved Werewolf

15,475 Points
  • Gifting Gone Wild 250
  • Autobiographer 200
  • Pet Lover 100
PostPosted: Sat Jul 18, 2020 7:51 am
User Image

I ʀᴇᴍᴇᴍʙᴇʀ ᴛᴇᴀʀs sᴛʀᴇᴀᴍɪɴɢ ᴅᴏᴡɴ ʏᴏᴜʀ ғᴀᴄᴇ ᴡʜᴇɴ I sᴀɪᴅ I'ʟʟ ɴᴇᴠᴇʀ ʟᴇᴛ ʏᴏᴜ ɢᴏ
Wʜᴇɴ ᴀʟʟ ᴛʜᴏsᴇ sʜᴀᴅᴏᴡs ᴀʟᴍᴏsᴛ ᴋɪʟʟᴇᴅ ʏᴏᴜʀ ʟɪɢʜᴛ
I ʀᴇᴍᴇᴍʙᴇʀ ʏᴏᴜ sᴀɪᴅ ᴅᴏɴ'ᴛ ʟᴇᴀᴠᴇ ᴍᴇ ʜᴇʀᴇ ᴀʟᴏɴᴇ
Dᴏɴ'ᴛ ʏᴏᴜ ᴅᴀʀᴇ ʟᴏᴏᴋ ᴏᴜᴛ ʏᴏᴜʀ ᴡɪɴᴅᴏᴡ, ᴅᴀʀʟɪɴɢ ᴇᴠᴇʀʏᴛʜɪɴɢ's ᴏɴ ғɪʀᴇ
Tʜᴇ ᴡᴀʀ ᴏᴜᴛsɪᴅᴇ ᴏᴜʀ ᴅᴏᴏʀ ᴋᴇᴇᴘs ʀᴀɢɪɴɢ ᴏɴ
Hᴏʟᴅ ᴏɴᴛᴏ ᴛʜɪs ʟᴜʟʟᴀʙʏ ᴇᴠᴇɴ ᴡʜᴇɴ ᴛʜᴇ ᴍᴜsɪᴄs ɢᴏɴᴇ

Tzuki grinned happily when Archie agreed to go shopping with them. "It sure is! I'm sure we'll have loads of fun, but I think dad said we have to go to exchange money...." Tzuki was wondering just how they did that (did the bank just... know exactly how much to give them, or was it like when they went to the amusement park and "bought" the money?), when a comforting hand gently squeezed her shoulder. "Don't worry about that, Tzu. I floo'd in earlier this week to take care of that. We're good to go." His warm tones were replaced by a more annoyed, almost whiny voice. "We have to exchange funds for this? They really can't just accept Pounds Sterling? Maybe a cheque?"

Those two started a soft conversation about wizarding currency while Tzuki shuffled uncomfortably. The girl clicked her tongue a few times, then heard Archie masterfully change topic. "Well, we can start with books, but they're probably heavy.... so maybe clothes? Or potions stuff. Maybe another shop? It sounds really busy here, so I'm sure there's lots to choose from! Dad has my list, but it sounded like all the first years have to get the same stuff..." She shrugged, carefully tilting her head to try and distinguish locations by sound. She knew where her dad was, give he still had a hold of her hand (just like he promised!), but everyone else was a little harder to place.

"How 'bout this, Mrs Wingrove, Archie, I'm sure you two know your way around a bit better than we do. I haven't been to the Alley in ten years. We'll follow in your footsteps!" A jovial laugh followed after, bringing a smile to Tzuki's face. "Plus anything we can explore. It's so exciting to be here!" She bounced a bit more on her toes, her excitement about ready to burst forth. Luckily, she was ever grounded by her dad's calm, if not silly, demeanor.

—————————————————————————
                                                                  ✯ Wʜᴇʀᴇ ᴀᴍ I? Diagon Alley Entrance Courtyard
                                                                  ✯ Wʜᴏ ɪs ᴡɪᴛʜ ᴍᴇ? Dad, AnaSofia, Archie, and his mom
                                                                  ✯ Wʜᴀᴛ's ɢᴏɪɴɢ ᴏɴ? Shopping Day!
                                                                  ✯ Wʜᴀᴛ'ʀᴇ ᴍʏ ᴛʜᴏᴜɢʜᴛs? He seems really nice!
                                                                  —————————————————————————

Kungfudemoness

Tzuki
Damian
AnaSofia

Jᴜsᴛ ᴄʟᴏsᴇ ʏᴏᴜʀ ᴇʏᴇs, ᴛʜᴇ sᴜɴ ɪs ɢᴏɪɴɢ ᴅᴏᴡɴ
Yᴏᴜ'ʟʟ ʙᴇ ᴀʟʀɪɢʜᴛ, ɴᴏ ᴏɴᴇ ᴄᴀɴ ʜᴜʀᴛ ʏᴏᴜ ɴᴏᴡ
Cᴏᴍᴇ ᴍᴏʀɴɪɴɢ ʟɪɢʜᴛ, ʏᴏᴜ ᴀɴᴅ I'ʟʟ ʙᴇ sᴀғᴇ ᴀɴᴅ sᴏᴜɴᴅ
Jᴜsᴛ ᴄʟᴏsᴇ ʏᴏᴜʀ ᴇʏᴇs, ʏᴏᴜ'ʟʟ ʙᴇ ᴀʟʀɪɢʜᴛ
Cᴏᴍᴇ ᴍᴏʀɴɪɴɢ ʟɪɢʜᴛ, ʏᴏᴜ ᴀɴᴅ I'ʟʟ ʙᴇ sᴀғᴇ ᴀɴᴅ sᴏᴜɴᴅ

PostPosted: Tue Jul 21, 2020 5:10 pm
User Image

I guess I'm learning, I must be warmer now
                                                            I'll soon be turning, round the corner now
                                                            Outside the dawn is breaking
                                                            But inside in the dark I'm aching to be free

Archie liked this family he bumped into. Well mostly, the lady he could do without but maybe she was having a bad day? Archie would admit he got moody if he wasn't feeling well or was just having a bad day. "Let's do robes. If I remember they tailor them if you buy them so we can have fun with that!" Archie said then looked to make sure it was cool with the adults. gaining approval they all headed to the robe shop. Archie had a habit of analyzing people, usully to see if they were worth trying to get tips from when they stayed at their inn. Tzuki and her family seemed like they were more well off that say his family was but not like stupid rich no one was wearing a monocle. Though he was confused by the lady who maybe was her Mom? She seemed fancy but in the trying too hard kinda way like a parrot or something. He had seen Mom wear heals once and they made her feet hurt so why was she wearing them when they were going to be walking a lot and have little places to sit. Archie knew he was staring a bit when Mom bumped him and gave a 'be polite' look. He wasn't the one making poor fashion choices!

My soul is painted like the wings of butterflies
                                                                                        Fairy tales of yesterday, grow but never die
                                                                                        I can fly, my friends

Miss GryffindorK

CatWaffle
Crew

Questionable Waffles

9,225 Points
  • Ultimate Player 200
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Rufus' Gratitude 100

MJ Spooks

Demonic Cat

14,625 Points
  • Demonic Associate 100
  • WilyTrickster 50
PostPosted: Mon Oct 05, 2020 8:43 pm
User ImageUser Image

тoday ι don'т ғeel lιĸe doιng anyтнιng
                                                  ι jυѕт wanna lay ιn мy вed
                                                  don'т ғeel lιĸe pιcĸιng υp мy pнone
                                                  ѕo leave a мeѕѕage aт тнe тone
                                                  'caυѕe тoday ι ѕwear ι'м noт doιng anyтнιng

spaceRoland wondered, not for the first time, if maybe he should've just contacted Lucas about doing their shopping together. He wasn't really digging the whole "out alone in public" thing. He liked being alone alright, just, in the comfort of his home, not so much out and about. He felt like everyone could tell how very much alone he was, which just reminded him that he'd spent so much time focused on Quidditch and school that he'd massively neglected his social life. He was pretty sure his classmates all had already formed their own social circles by the time he'd looked up and realized how much his own was lacking, and it felt weird to walk up to people he'd sort-of known for years and just... suddenly want to hang out.

spaceHe sighed. He only had a year of school left; he was sort of hoping it was easier to make friends after that, truth be told, but he wasn't getting his hopes up. Ivy had made all of one friend through her work, and she was pretty social. A bit prickly, maybe, but likable enough. Of course, her work was also pretty hardcore, and Roland still had no clue what he was even going to do with his life in the first place. He was actually pretty sure his crisis over having almost no friends was just a cover for his crisis of having no idea what to do after graduation. He huffed, kicking a rock on the ground with a glare. This was why he didn't really like being alone; too much time to think. He'd rather be doing something. Unfortunately, shopping didn't use a lot of his brain power. Oh, well.

ι'м gonna ĸιcĸ мy ғeeт υp тнen ѕтare aт тнe ғan
                                                  тυrn тнe тv on, тнrow мy нand ιn мy panтѕ
                                                  noвody'ѕ gonna тell мe ι can'т
                                                  ι'll вe loυngιng on тнe coυcн, jυѕт cнιllιn' ιn мy ѕnυggιe
                                                  clιcĸ тo мтv, ѕo тнey can тeacн мe нow тo doυgιe
                                                  'caυѕe ιn мy caѕтle ι'м тнe ғreaĸιng мan

wнere - Diagon - Near F&B
                                                  wнen - Noon-ish - Summer 2051
                                                  wιтн - who
                                                  - ooc -
                                                  Here Come the Vultures plays in the distance

Quote:

PostPosted: Fri Oct 16, 2020 12:58 am

User Image❀✿ WESLYN REMARKA KNOLLE

fourth year || Hufflepuff || halfblood
Art Club marine artist|| Cooking Club potato representative
Daily Dragon concept artist | Herbology Club flower fan || Quidditch watergirl

At Hogwarts, Weslyn could always be seen attached to her brothers’ hips, with a friend in class or club, and between family and friends, she was rarely alone. Still, as Eden put it, “Yukon’s busy too. You can’t hide behind him forever.” and “Kenny’s pretty independent. He’s perfectly capable.” So as much as Diagon Alley wasn’t her favorite place in the world, she was here on some errands alone--for now.

Around noon, Wes was just leaving Flourish and Blotts. She had a bag of books tucked under her arm: A few more art books by Aire’s mum, a cute cookbook on sale, and a special illustrated edition of Quidditch Through the Ages. Weslyn meandered slowly in the less crowded areas. She still had a few things on her list, but kept looking longingly back towards the Leaky Cauldron and the floo that could just take her home.

Luckily, she spotted a familiar face before her resolve crumbled. With a little wave, she “Oh! Good afternoon, Captain Roland. How has your summer been?”

setting Noontime, Early August 2051; Flourish and Blotts, Diagon Alley || with Captain Roland
appearance 4'10", 100 lbs || wearing Flowery knit hat + Overall dress
status A familiar face! Thank goodness. I hope I'm not bothering him.

User ImageUser ImageUser Image
Hold on, hold on, so strong, time just carries on
And all that you thought was wrong is pure again
You can't hide forever from the thunder
Look into the storm and feel the rain
✿❀
~"Brave" by Josh Groban, cover by Peter Hollens.

addaellis

MJ Spooks

Demonic Cat

14,625 Points
  • Demonic Associate 100
  • WilyTrickster 50
PostPosted: Sat Oct 17, 2020 7:10 pm
User ImageUser Image

spaceRoland blinked a little when Weslyn approached him, smiling and blushing ever so slightly. "Hey, Weslyn," he said, giving her a little half-wave. "Uh, you can just call me Roland, you know," he told her, though he knew already where the conversation would go from there. It was habit, by this point. And actually, he kind of liked it. Both that she called him that (it was nice to know he was being taken seriously as a captain, that someone respected him), and that they would inevitably have a back and forth about it. It was cute, and sweet, and sort of flattering.

spaceGrinning, he shrugged in answer to her question about his holiday.
                                                  "It's been fine. Bit boring. Ivy's always out of the country during the Summer working, so it's just been me and Vio. When Vio's not working, anyway." He realized, after a second, that he didn't really know if Weslyn knew who he was talking about. He didn't know if they'd ever had a conversation about his family before. Or much of one that wasn't specifically about Quidditch, really. "Ivy's my sister, Vio's her wife. I live with them." He hoped he wouldn't make things too awkward, if she asked about his parents and he had to explain why he didn't live with them. Sometimes he wondered if it would be easier to lie and say they were dead. The result was the same either way, the person he was talking to would feel bad for him. At least if he said they were dead, they didn't also feel obligated to talk about how horrible they were.

spaceHe brushed the thoughts away, then gave her his full attention.
                                                  "How about you? Doing anything fun? Exciting?" The most fun he'd had was going on a short trip to visit one of Ivy's dig sites, which was... yeah, not his cup of tea. He'd only been there a couple days, anyway. That had been way long enough; it'd been hot, and boring. Not that he'd tell his sister that. Then again, his face had probably done it for him.

wιтн - Weslyn
                                                  - ooc -

addaellis

PostPosted: Sat Oct 17, 2020 11:25 pm

User Image❀✿ WESLYN REMARKA KNOLLE

fourth year || Hufflepuff || halfblood
Art Club marine artist|| Cooking Club potato representative
Daily Dragon concept artist | Herbology Club flower fan || Quidditch watergirl

”I can switch if you’d like to?” Weslyn offered with a small smile as Captain Roland said--as usual--that she could drop the captain part of the greeting. She didn’t think he actually minded the title--actually, she thought it was kind of an inside joke now that they always went through. It was reassuring though, knowing what the first few lines of their conversation would be like.

He mentioned that one of his mothers (?)--aha, sister and her wife-- was out for the summer and the other was working. ”If you’re lonely, you’re welcome at the farm? Or we can meet up somewhere to...do something.” She wasn't sure what Roland liked doing outside of Quidditch, and no one could stay cooped up inside all day. Sure Wes wondered why he wasn’t living with his parents, but maybe it was something terrible and he didn’t want to talk about it. Maybe Roland’s parents fought a lot, and Mrses. Ivy and Vio were safer and better parents. ”If you want to! Where do they work? Could you--would you want to be at their work with them?”

Roland turned the summer question back to her. ”Uhm--Summer has been nice I guess? Oh! I started knitting hats for the team. I’m sorry I don’t have my sketchbook on me, but I think they’ll be cute. After last year I figured I’d better start earlier than the train.” More people at tryouts meant people who were actually good at the game and had fun. She gladly spent an few hours every week polishing brooms and making sure everyone had water, snacks, and a towel at every practice and game if it meant she didn’t need to fly up in front of the whole school on game day. The knit crafts were just a bonus.

setting Noontime, Early August 2051; Flourish and Blotts, Diagon Alley || with Captain Roland
appearance 4'10", 100 lbs || wearing Flowery knit hat + Overall dress
status A familiar face! Thank goodness. I hope I'm not bothering him.

User ImageUser ImageUser Image
Hold on, hold on, so strong, time just carries on
And all that you thought was wrong is pure again
You can't hide forever from the thunder
Look into the storm and feel the rain
✿❀
~"Brave" by Josh Groban, cover by Peter Hollens.

addaellis

Yukina101
Crew

Surefire Codger

13,950 Points
  • Vocalizing Hisser 25
  • Hellraiser 500
  • Friend of the Goat 100
PostPosted: Tue Oct 20, 2020 8:58 am
I envy the birds high up in the trees
They live out their lives so purposefully
I envy the spiders, the squirrels and seeds
They all find their way automatically

User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.

Hufflepuff Sıxth Yeαr PrefectPurebloodLucч

ஐﻬ ❀♫ ♪ One of the things Nasim appreciated the most about her diverse and oddly eclectic family was that there was always someone close to her age to befriend. She wasn't exactly as lucky as Brennie to get a cousin the exact same age and in the same school House like with Lia, but she loved the relationship she'd fostered with Lulu. Despite being a year younger and going to another school, the girls were close and managed to spend the most time they could with one another during breaks. It of course helped that during some of those, their families converged to make things allot easier, but they also took matters into their own hands at time. Like today for instance. All Nasim had gotten was a short floo call to "be ready" from the loc'd girl in the morning and then for her to appear not fifteen minutes later. After a bit of pouting, whining, and cajoling, the older teen left the comfort of her pj's to pull on actual clothing with the wide promise of an extensive trip to an art shop where she'd be allowed to browse for at least an hour with only minimal interruption.

Apparently the thing she'd had to get ready for was an early showing of a pg16 movie her mothers wouldn't let her see alone (not so much because of the rating, more because they didn't want her alone in London). It was a horror/comedy which while not her favorite was slightly enjoyable. The parts she allowed herself to see anyway. She couldn't even hide her face behind popcorn like she wanted to because her cousin forbade it ("We're literally going to be neckdeep in sweets in like, two hours. You can wait!"). And now here they both were, Lulu still gushing over the movie and Nasim sulky even after being given a piece of pity candy. Lulu snickered at the pout still covering her cousin's face. "It wasn't even that bad! The previews made it seem way worse and the horror bits only happened towards the end."

"But there were still jumpscares! You know I hate those. And, AND, lets not even mention the tentacles. TEN.TAH.CULS." Nasim sounded out loudly not caring at the odd looks they attracted while the taller girl giggled more. "For like, a minute!" the girl wheezed out.

Nasim just huffed. "Sixty seconds longer than it should've been." she scowled. Still bickering with the younger girl, she nearly collided with someone and instantly apologized before realizing who it was.

"Weslyn! I'm so sorry, I should've been paying better attention. I, erm, oh." the Hufflepuff stammered and flushed a bit noting that the younger girl wasn't alone and had been standing and obviously talking with Roland. Great, she'd managed to embarrass herself in front of two housemates in three seconds. Just great. "Hey Roland, sorry for uh, pretty much barging in like that." she greeted/apologized to the older boy. Lulu, having managed to be quiet for the whole ordeal decided she couldn't hold back any longer. "Y'know what could've helped you right then...?" Nasim refused to look at her cousin for many reasons but the biggest being the most definite s**t eating grin on her face.

But in this handmade heaven, I come alive
Bluebirds forever colour the sky
In this handmade heaven, we forget the time
'Cause birds of a feather fly together

addaellis

Cara MiaKitty

User Image  
PostPosted: Sun Oct 25, 2020 7:22 pm
User ImageUser Image

spaceRoland had to fight not to both laugh and cringe at Weslyn inviting him to come help out at her family's farm. He did snort a little, shaking his head as he replied, "That is a terrible idea. No offense." He chuckled outright, trying to picture himself doing any sort of manual labor. "I just can't imagine myself being much use on a farm, sorry." Of course, the question about his sister and Vio was met with basically the same response. "Vio works for the Improper Use of Magic office, pretty sure me being around would be some sort of liability. Ivy's a cursebreaker. I did go spend a couple days with her on a dig a couple weeks back, and I hated every second of it. It's hot, you have to wear weird clothes, sand gets everywhere despite the weird clothes-" He shuddered, only being a little overdramatic. "And you get quizzed by old white blokes who either take you not knowing obscure history facts as a challenge, or as proof that "modern education" is somehow lacking. It's absurd." He swore, he'd only been there two days, and he'd somehow had to listen to more lecturing from this one old man than he'd heard from over six years of knowing Grayson Powell. Enough was enough.

spaceHe eyed the hat Weslyn was currently wearing when she mentioned knitting some for the team, a little intrigued and a little concerned.
                                                  "Are they that... uh, fancy?" he asked, gesturing to the one atop her head. It was nice, certainly, and impressive, but he couldn't see himself wearing anything like it in a million years. Then again, he wasn't quite a hat person. He'd probably suck it up and wear it for Weslyn, though.

spaceRoland wondered, as he was being run into by another teenage girl, if he ought to move from the center of the crowded street. Shaking his head, he held his hands up in surrender, then gestured to the side of the walkway.
                                                  "No worries, prob'ly should've moved when Wes and I started chatting," he told Nasim, stepping as if to lead the little group out of the way. He didn't know the girl Nasim was with, or understand the apparent inside joke she was needling his housemate with, but he supposed he didn't need to. "Uh, hullo, I'm Roland," he told her, a little overwhelmed to suddenly find himself surrounded by a bunch of girls. Not that he wasn't always surrounded by girls, really, but usually he was related to the girls in question. He was in fact related to none of these girls, insofar as he knew anyway, and it was a little startling. Especially because Nasim and her friend were rather pretty. Wes was too, but he always saw her as a little sister, seeing as she was so much younger than him.

wιтн - Weslyn, Nasim, Lulu
                                                  - ooc -

addaellis

Yukina101

MJ Spooks

Demonic Cat

14,625 Points
  • Demonic Associate 100
  • WilyTrickster 50

Blue_Chill

Sexy Gekko

PostPosted: Wed Jul 28, 2021 3:59 am
User Image
User Image
::: PRE HOGWARTS ::: xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

User Image
                                      With a ‘whoosh’ in her ears and the roll of her stomach, the little blonde girl blinked and quickly exited the fireplace. Her mother had said she would get used to floo powder travel, but every time she did it alone Melinda felt sick. Glancing around, and seeing many people in the alley in which she had landed, Melinda dropped the kitten in her arms and shook the ash out of her hair, waiting for her mother to follow. Her cat, Dumble, sat down and promptly started cleaning himself.
                                      At least she had gotten the location right, she noted. Diagon Alley. She had been shopping with her mother and brother here frequently. But today felt very different. Today, Melinda carried a letter saying she was to be a witch, officially, and with it she could buy her own witchy supplies. She quickly double checked her pocket, to confirm the letter was in fact still there, and then her mother arrived with Nathan.
                                      Melinda almost groaned when she saw this. It was just like her little brother to tag along, even though they had gone to the trouble of getting a babysitter for him. He must have raised a fuss as soon as Melinda had left. Her mother hated to let them down and of course had given in. Before she could say anything Melinda’s mother, Janet Adams, had pointed her wand at her daughter and mouthed a quick incantation Melinda didn’t hear. Melinda’s hair flew back and her clothes were ruffled as though she were facing a great wind instead of a little bit of wood. When the non-existent breeze ended, Melinda was clean with no fireplace remains left on her.
                                      “Now Meli, what do you want to get first?” Her mother said before Melinda could object to Nathan being there. The sister poked her tongue out at her brother, who returned it cheekily before they both smiled, the slight forgiven.
                                      Melinda Adams knew exactly what she wanted. “I’m getting my own magic wand.” She said almost breathlessly in excitement. Janet nodded and smiled at her daughter, prouder of her than she could easily say. “Wand first, then I think lunch. Let’s pick a place as we walk to Ollivanders.”
                                      Nathan had pulled his hand free of his mother’s and ran ahead of the two girls. They made their way into the main stream of foot traffic in the Alley. The grey kitten Melinda had brought followed closely at her ankles.
                                      “Burgers do you think?” Janet asked her daughter.

::: @ DIAGON ALLEY ::: W/ mother and brother ::: WEARING :::

User Image

User Image
                                      Quote:
                                      Quote:

PostPosted: Wed Jul 28, 2021 8:20 pm
User ImageUser Image
xx✯ Wʜᴇʀᴇ Aᴍ I? Diagon Alley Street
xxx✯ Wʜᴏ Is Wɪᴛʜ Mᴇ? Dad, random family
xxxx✯ Wʜᴀᴛ's Gᴏɪɴɢ Oɴ? Being a clumsy idiot
xxxxx✯ Wʜᴀᴛ's Iɴsɪᴅᴇ Mʏ Hᴇᴀᴅ? Of course this had to happen today

Kai was super excited. Since his birthday was literally the last possible day of the year, he turned eleven in the middle of a school year. So while it was cool that he got his letter way early, it sucked that they wouldn't just... let him go early. Then again, he had a lot on his plate at home. Between helping out at home and visiting all eight bajillion people in his family, he seemed to always be busy. In good news, he'd finally get to leave primary school. It was good because he'd had some near misses with almost exposing his accidental magic. Luckily, his parents were pretty cool.

This day, he and dad were going to visit Diagon Alley. Not for boring grown up stuff, but for him! He tied his shoes and squirmed into a sweater, then grabbed his school letter. Mom was in a meeting and the girls were hanging out with Uncles Gis and Rhys for the day, so they didn't get distracted and spend the whole day wanting their own stuff. Nope. They had a very specific list. The Hogwarts list! "Come on, daaaaaad! We gotta go before it's like super crowded!" He tugged on Finn's arm, dramatically sighing at the man.

Once they had floo'd over to the Alley, Kai looked around with a renewed excitement. Sure, he'd been here before, but never just for him! "Okay. There are a bunch of places we have to -woo- go." He twitched a bit, excitement clouding what little control he had over his tics. "Okay. Books are gonna be heavy. Pass. Robes... should probably wait 'cause I'm still growing, y'know? Don't wanna -woo- buy them, then have to get more later. So... There's potion stuff, and a telescope. And.. OOH! Dad. Dad. Dad. I know where we gotta go."

He looked up at his dad, grinning as brightly as possible. Unbeknownst to him, he was walking a little close to another family. "We gotta get my wand. Then I'm official. I'll be an official -woo- magi---- oof!" All at once, Kai ran into something very much solid. With the action, he fell back onto his butt in the middle of the alleyway. Kai felt a blush rise up and fill his cheeks and ears with color. "I-I-I.... I'm so sorry! -tch- I didn't mean to -woo- run into you. Oh gosh. Are you -woo- okay? Did you get hurt?" He pushed himself to his feel, already wanting to turn and go home.

yukina101

Blue_Chill

Aɴᴅ ɪꜰ ʏᴏᴜ ᴇᴠᴇʀ ꜰᴏʀɢᴇᴛ ʜᴏᴡ ᴍᴜᴄʜ ʏᴏᴜ ʀᴇᴀʟʟʏ ᴍᴇᴀɴ ᴛᴏ ᴍᴇ, ᴇᴠᴇʀʏ ᴅᴀʏ I ᴡɪʟʟ ʀᴇᴍɪɴᴅ ʏᴏᴜ
          Wᴇ ꜰɪɴᴅ ᴏᴜᴛ ᴡʜᴀᴛ ᴡᴇ'ʀᴇ ᴍᴀᴅᴇ ᴏꜰ ᴡʜᴇɴ ᴡᴇ ᴀʀᴇ ᴄᴀʟʟᴇᴅ ᴛᴏ ʜᴇʟᴘ ᴏᴜʀ ꜰʀɪᴇɴᴅs ɪɴ ɴᴇᴇᴅ
          Yᴏᴜ ᴄᴀɴ ᴄᴏᴜɴᴛ ᴏɴ ᴍᴇ ʟɪᴋᴇ 1, 2, 3, I'ʟʟ ʙᴇ ᴛʜᴇʀᴇ
          Aɴᴅ I ᴋɴᴏᴡ ᴡʜᴇɴ I ɴᴇᴇᴅ ɪᴛ I ᴄᴀɴ ᴄᴏᴜɴᴛ ᴏɴ ʏᴏᴜ ʟɪᴋᴇ 4, 3, 2 Yᴏᴜ'ʟʟ ʙᴇ ᴛʜᴇʀᴇ
          'Cᴀᴜsᴇ ᴛʜᴀᴛ's ᴡʜᴀᴛ ꜰʀɪᴇɴᴅs ᴀʀᴇ sᴜᴘᴘᴏsᴇᴅ ᴛᴏ ᴅᴏ
          Yᴏᴜ'ʟʟ ᴀʟᴡᴀʏs ʜᴀᴠᴇ ᴍʏ sʜᴏᴜʟᴅᴇʀ ᴡʜᴇɴ ʏᴏᴜ ᴄʀʏ
          I'ʟʟ ɴᴇᴠᴇʀ ʟᴇᴛ ɢᴏ, ɴᴇᴠᴇʀ sᴀʏ ɢᴏᴏᴅʙʏᴇ

Cinnabun Gryffie
Captain

Beloved Werewolf

15,475 Points
  • Gifting Gone Wild 250
  • Autobiographer 200
  • Pet Lover 100

Yukina101
Crew

Surefire Codger

13,950 Points
  • Vocalizing Hisser 25
  • Hellraiser 500
  • Friend of the Goat 100
PostPosted: Wed Jul 28, 2021 10:30 pm
Feel like I'm gonna puke 'cause my taxes are due
Do my password begin with a one or a two?
Been a hell of a ride but I'm thinking it's time to grow
Bang! Bang! Bang!

Genetıcıst ❃ Eıdolıst ❃ Tαken

▂▂ ▃ ▄ ▅ ▆ ▇ █ █ ▇ ▆ ▅ ▄ ▃ ▂▂

Finn was sorry Caty couldn't join them for Kai's shopping and he knew his wife was also upset she had to miss (from her whining and demands that he take pictures of every second of the day until she was there herself) but both he and Kai understood that sometimes business was important. Plus well, he was pretty dang excited to shop in the alley. Despite being around some of magic for the past few years, going into Diagon was always a special treat for him.

He rolled his eyes playfully as Kai kept pulling him along with all the dramatics of his mother as they walked along the alley. Finn looked over the list as his son mentioned what they should get first and tic'd alongside his excitement. "Well you're going to need some robes I'd imagine, even if you are growing. But I guess since it is kinda the most boring part we can leave it towards the end..." he thought aloud. In his honest opinion, nothing could ever be truly boring with magic involved but he understood Kai's exuberance about finally doing his school shopping.

He sighed when the young boy finally decided on getting his wand first, having been forewarned about this possibility and that he'd damned well better get at least fifty photos of the event. Unfortunately before he could give his ok, Kai bumped into a nearby family and fell onto the ground startling them both. "Kai! Are you alright, bud?" Finn helped his son off the ground lightly brushing any dirt off of him. "Our apologies, hope you're not in a rush or anything." he asked sheepishly.

So put your best face on everybody
Pretend you know this song
Everybody come hang (come hang)
Let's go out with a bang
Bang! Bang! Bang!

Cinnabun Gryffie

Blue_Chill

Diagon Alley

Goto Page: [] [<<] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 112 113 114 115 116 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash