Welcome to Gaia! ::

Ministry of Magic & the Wizarding World

Back to Guilds

Live the life of a wizard! Based on J.K. Rowling's books, this guild focuses on the Ministry of Magic and everyday life. Open and accepting! 

Tags: roleplay, J.K. Rowling, Harry Potter, Ministry of Magic, Wizarding World 

Reply Diagon Alley
Diagon Alley Streets Goto Page: [] [<<] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 99 100 101 102 103 104 ... 114 115 116 117 [>] [>>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Graydon Ironshield

Colorful Codger

1,050 Points
  • Gaian 50
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Statustician 100
PostPosted: Wed Apr 19, 2017 3:54 pm
User Image
Faina Patrovna-Harcroft
UnsortedFirst YearEleven Years OldSingle

"Kto eti lyudi, Faina?", Faina heard her little sister ask of her, as they walked along the street, taking care to avoid the knots of people they encountered. As few of the adults and none of the kids they knew understood Russian, it was almost as though they shared a 'secret language'. Her sister was quiet enough as it was, and of late she tended to speak their mother's language than she would English, which worried the eleven year old Faina. "Witches and wizards, like ourselves, Kitten," she answered, taking care to bite back on the aside which popped into her thoughts, that being that they needed to be as much on their guard around them as they did Muggles. Trust was something she rarely gave, and lately she had little reason to feel trusting toward much of anyone.

Dressed in well-worn sneakers, faded jeans, a simple gray long-sleeved Tee shirt and a dark green corduroy jacket, Faina didn't look much like a witch; not that she'd complain as second-hand clothes were better than the alternatives. Her little sister was small-boned and slender, with large blue eyes and long fly-away blonde hair. The eight-year old was wearing a long floral pattern sun-dress with a white button-down sweater and matching sandals. Katya walked along with Faina, both arms wrapped around one of her older sister's arm.

Walking along not far behind them was their cousin, Sergei, whom was giving the girls the chance to explore a bit without intruding upon them. Faina was glad he was with them, as she doubted their little shopping expedition would have been possible otherwise. She felt very guilty they would be spending so much money on getting her ready for school, and made a mental note to try saving back a few silvers to get some treat for her younger sister, even if all it was might be a bit of candy for later. She studiously avoided even looking in the direction of the storefront with the broomsticks; there was no way she'd afford even a low-end model, and such luxuries were zapreshchennyy as far as First Years were concerned, so there was little point in wanting what she couldn't have.

As they made their way, Faina wondered how many of the younger faces she saw were perhaps future classmates, and hoped she might strike up a few friendships now she was soon to be going to Hogwarts.

OOC: Open for Interaction

OOC:
Username

User Image
                  "You're lost little girl, you're lost little girl
                  You're lost, tell me who are you?"

"I think that you know what to do
                  Impossible? Yes, but it's true
                  I think that you know what to do, yeah
                  I'm sure that you know what to do "

PostPosted: Thu Apr 20, 2017 3:34 pm
Lola Mutan Ye

Rhett Fang Ye
<1st year>
User ImageUser Image
Lola had just returned from China a couple weeks ago and in an effort to spend more time with her brother who was about to go off to Hogwarts she volunteered to take him school shopping. As it was she was beginning to wonder if it was a mistake. She adored Rhy but he was very high energy, though he seemed to be on better behavior than when they first started on the street. He at least stayed within arms length of her now.

Rhett meanwhile was fascinated by the hustle and bustle of Diagon Alley. So many people! He had been there before with his Dad but it never ceased to not amaze him. He was so used to the sounds of the forest instead of the loud chatter of Diagon Alley. Humans were noisy in a way the people and beings of the forest were not. He was busy pointing out a dozen things to his sister in excitement when he caught some chatter that sounded like gibberish to him.

He looked over and caught sight of a girl with unusual features, a dusky skin tone and white hair. Excited Rhett ran forward and smiled as he found her to be about his age. "Hi-ya! You look different. Are you a halfling?"

Lola caught up with her brother to hear the exchange and immediately whacked him in the back of the head, "You can't just say things like that."

"Why?" Rhett said before sticking his tongue out at her and then holding out a hand towards Faina for her to shake, "Don't worry that's a good thing. Different is awesome. Rhett Ye but you can call me Rhy. And I'm a halfling too. What are you?" Rhett had jumped to the conclusion that because Faina did not share the exact features with those around them and unique red eyes she must be a halfbreed like him, or halfling as he liked to refer to himself. As he held out his hand with a large grin, Lola was having flashes of Rhett getting into a lot of future fights and arguments while in Hogwarts and no doubt losing his house a fair number of points with his jumping to conclusions and lack of filter. How could a half nymph be so brash? Right, their father was and their mother was a particularly bold nymph in her own right.

Time: 2036-2037
Looking: Pretty Clever and Mischievous

{OoC: }
Graydon Ironshield

Quote:

Quote:

mc2

Shameless Sex Symbol

21,090 Points
  • Deal Me In 50
  • Married 100
  • Person of Interest 200

Graydon Ironshield

Colorful Codger

1,050 Points
  • Gaian 50
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Statustician 100
PostPosted: Fri Apr 21, 2017 9:54 am
User Image
Faina Patrovna-Harcroft

As the two girls looked about at wonderment at the storefronts, wondering where best to begin their search for the items on the supplies list, a young Chinese boy rushed up and asked Faina if she were a 'halfling'. It took her a moment to process what he meant, and figured out quickly it wasn't meant in anything other than actual curiosity, and perhaps to seek out a bit of kindred-ship. "Not that I'm aware," she answered carefully, with a slight smile. "Though, if I were, it would explain a great many things." It would also confirm everything her father's family believed about her mother, but again, this was something she buried deep in her thoughts.

Faina was a bit startled when the boy's older sister rushed up and cuffed him across the back of the head, and Faina felt her sister tense up instantly, clutching at her arm tighter than she already was. Katya was a bit skittish, and she regarded nervously the two newcomers with large, wide blue eyes. "It's all right," said Faina to the older girl, smiling and raising a hand to show it was all good on her end of things. "I've been called worse things in my life." At her old school she'd been frequently referred to as 'freak' or 'vampire', so 'halfling' she could accept, as long as there wasn't any venom associated with it, especially if 'different was awesome'.

"Faina Patrovna-Harcroft," she introduced herself as, shaking Rhett's hand, her Midlands English accented with a bit of Russian. "Faina will work well enough, Rhy. For the moment, we'll say the 'what' is half-English, half-Russian, and anything else I'm not so sure of yet. This is my sister, Katya." The younger girl smiled and said, "Hi."

OOC:
mc2

User Image

PostPosted: Fri Apr 21, 2017 5:08 pm
Lola Mutan Ye

Rhett Fang Ye
<1st year>
User ImageUser Image
Rhett cocked his head to the side studying Faina a bit confused when she said that though she wasn't aware of being a halfling it would explain a lot. Rhett supposed the girl meant her appearance but it could be a secret talent or skill too. Like his sister and he was naturally gifted with herbology related magic (or he thought he was from the little underage magic he did do) and they both were musically inclined. Rhett didn't seem to notice the tension of the young Katya but frowned when Faina said she was called worse things. "Like what? Who did that? I can fight them for you if you want because if they have a problem they are best off telling me because I could be called worse... not that I have really done so. Or not that I heard." He paused and shrugged, "Home schooled myself."

When Faina took his hand he tried to ignore Lola's sigh of relief and smiled when Faina said she was half English and half Russian. "Ooh so we're half Asian together. Well sort of. Russia is Asia right? I'm half Chinese and half English. Mum's a wood nymph which means I can make plants eat people if I want." He grinned a boastful grin as his older sister rolled her eyes.

"So, Faina have you gone to Hogwarts yet? My sister graduated a couple years ago, but she is a big bore as you can tell." Lola rolled her eyes once more before waving at the younger sister. Rhett glanced back at his sister and said, "Oh and her name is Lola but like I said boring so you can ignore her."

Graydon Ironshield

Quote:

Quote:

mc2

Shameless Sex Symbol

21,090 Points
  • Deal Me In 50
  • Married 100
  • Person of Interest 200

Graydon Ironshield

Colorful Codger

1,050 Points
  • Gaian 50
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Statustician 100
PostPosted: Fri Apr 21, 2017 7:37 pm
User Image
Faina Patrovna-Harcroft

Faina admittedly was unsure how to quantify what she could do which was out of the ordinary, the minor magic she'd managed by accident could easily be called poltergeist-type stuff, and she wasn't sure it all all that odd among underage magic-users such as they. "The mean kids at my old school," she answered Rhett. "It's nice of you to offer to take them on, but I've always fought my own battles," she paused to nod toward her sister before adding, "and her's."

Katya didn't need reminding right then how when school started up again, she'd face those mean kids without her older sister to hold them at bay. Now they had Sergei looking after them, the younger girl hoped perhaps he might home-school her instead.

When the conversation shifted to geography, Faina cocked her head to one side, and said, "Well, it's the northern third of Asia, and the Eastern third of Europe, and China's another third of Asia, so yeah, a good bit of Asia is standing right here between the four of us. Our mother used to read us stories about wood nymphs and other of the faery folk; I didn't know they were real."

"I'm going to Hogwarts this year, first time, in fact, and we're getting my supplies actually," said Faina, before glancing over toward Lola, and saying, "Maybe we can shop together? Our cousin Sergei is taking us around, but he's never been to Diagon Alley either."

OOC:
mc2

User Image

PostPosted: Sat Apr 22, 2017 4:43 am
Lola Mutan Ye

Rhett Fang Ye
<1st year>
User ImageUser Image

Rhett nodded when Faina mentioned it was the mean kids at her old school. There would probably be mean kids at Hogwarts too. Devonte even though he end up dating his sister at first was kind of a jerk to her because of what she was. When it got out his sister was half nymph there was some that tried to take advantage of that fact. Rhett had decided that he wasn't going to try to hide his parentage when he went to Hogwarts because he wasn't ashamed of his mum and he was willing to fight anyone who had a problem with him or her. After some thought Rhett said, "Maybe together we can tackle any future battles."

Lola crossed her arms and looked at Rhett with a raised eyebrow not impressed with his plan to be involved in fights. Though, when Faina got into the technicalities of geography Lola decided that Faina may be a good influence. She was smart and obviously studied things she knew Rhett didn't necessarily have the most patience for, mostly because he felt that being forced to sit down at a desk for any length of time was torture and there had to be plenty of other better ways to learn.

Rhett grinned when Faina said she didn't know faery were real, "Of course they are. Are you muggleborn? Is that why you didn't realize.... I mean that's cool if you are but seriously if there is magic why wouldn't there be faery folk. Nymphs. Veelas. Even things like dragons and merefolk and werewolves. Maybe sometime you can come over to my place and meet my mum or some of my relatives. They're all super nice. Too nice sometimes, I think."

Rhett grinned when Faina said it was her first year, perfect luck! Maybe he'd have a friend before the year even started or at least knowing a friendly face. "Cool, I'm going to be a first year too. Lolli can we all shop together?"

Lola nodded, "Sure, I don't see why not. The more the merrier."

Rhett grinned and said, "Then it is settled. I need to go to all the shops except Ollivander's because I already got my wand. Dad and Mum together made it, but don't worry I think it would be cool to see a wand shop so if you want to go there first I totally understand too. I feel like I might be missing out by getting a custom wand but at the same time the wand is better fitted to me probably." He shrugged, "Not sure to be honest. So where should we go first? Bookstore? Potions Shop? Tailor Shop for our uniform?"

Graydon Ironshield

Quote:

Quote:

mc2

Shameless Sex Symbol

21,090 Points
  • Deal Me In 50
  • Married 100
  • Person of Interest 200

murruelecreuset
Crew

Beloved Vampire

9,900 Points
  • Bunny Spotter 50
  • Waffles! 25
  • Team Jacob 100
PostPosted: Thu May 11, 2017 11:04 pm
User Image

User Image

Dakota had been living in Ireland for the last while now. Feather had been planning to move in but unfortunately things happened. They’d even broken things off between them. Although civil and still friends it did hurt. But that was a few years ago. Now he was quite happy with his own place, water in the distance. His mum since then had taken ownership of Flourish and Blotts. Something Dakota was happy about. It gave her a purpose in life other than looking out for him. It was something she needed given that he didn’t live at home anymore.

Given that he didn’t see his mum all that often, Dakota tried to stop by the shop when he could. He was a writer and thus could write anywhere. After helping his mother in the shop, the Ravenclaw alum headed out onto the streets. With the summer rush over he was able to enjoy the less crowded streets. Perhaps pick up a few supplies here and there.

━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━ User Image

With: No one

Wearing: Casual Jeans & A Shirt

OOC: Feel free to have Dakota stumble upon Cora or the other way around.

━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━

Henry the Black Catx

kiska166

PostPosted: Sat May 13, 2017 9:24 pm
User Image

Cheer me up, come on, dance with me
And you take my hand

╔═══════════════════════╗
Cordelia Quimby - Winthrop
Hufflepuff Alumna - Nineteen Years Old - Halfblood
╚═══════════════════════╝

Cordelia strutted through the streets of Diagon Alley, handbag in tow. She much preferred the wizarding town during the school year compared to during the summer – it was always far too crowded in the summer with Hogwarts students who were trying to check off their school supply list. It wasn’t too long ago that she was a Hogwarts student herself, shopping in Diagon Alley for the supplies she required for school, but it was different back then. She liked it and she’d even run into her friends oft times. Now, it was just a pain in the arse trying to window shop (and actually shop) with hundreds of kids and teenagers rushing around. As the brunette made her way down the path, she’d occasionally stop if she saw something interesting in a shop window and, even more rarely, head inside to check it out. Especially if it was clothing. After all, Cora hadn’t shopped since early summer – believe it or not – and she needed some new autumn clothes.

((OOC: outfit in left picture))

♫ ♫ Cheer me up
Even if we're the only ones dancing

murruelecreuset

kiska166
Crew

Devoted Winner

murruelecreuset
Crew

Beloved Vampire

9,900 Points
  • Bunny Spotter 50
  • Waffles! 25
  • Team Jacob 100
PostPosted: Mon May 22, 2017 11:09 pm
User Image

User Image

Dakota much preferred the streets of the Alley when they weren’t so crowded. Popping into his mum’s shop every now and then during the summer to help out, he easily noticed the different in the number of people. As he walked down the street, he happened to notice a brunette seemingly window shopping. She was dressed rather nicely and she seemed to be alone by the looks of things. There was nothing wrong with going over and perhaps socializing.

Walking over Dakota didn’t really know what he’d say but he was usually good at thinking of something. “Dia duit,” He greeted Cora with his typical Irish greeting. “Nice quiet day for window shopping.” He said before asking. “Seeing anything interesting?” Dakota was always one for conversation. It took very little for him to start one and even less to continue one.

With: Cora

OOC: - - -

━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━

Henry the Black Catx

kiska166

PostPosted: Thu Jun 01, 2017 9:33 pm
User Image

And you take my hand

Cordelia stopped on the path upon noticing a thrift shop, one that she hadn’t paid much attention to before. The window was lined up with all sorts of trinkets and knick knacks, and deeper inside the store looked dim and she imagined that it smelled of old people. The girl was always curious about outlets like that one, but felt as though poor people shopped there. While debating whether or not to enter, a voice greeted her. Cora recognized the greeting as one that many Irish folk use, and smiled quickly in response. “I agree, it really is. Are you window shopping, too?” she asked. “Nothing yet although I’ve never really checked this store out.” Maybe the man had been inside and would tell her not to waste her time on that rubbish, or perhaps there were many interesting things she’d been missing out on by skipping this shop every time. And maybe, if the second scenario was the case, he’d show her inside. To be fair, he was sort of handsome, and what was so wrong with wanting a handsome lad to take a girl shopping (on her money)?

♫ ♫ Cheer me up

murruelecreuset

kiska166
Crew

Devoted Winner

murruelecreuset
Crew

Beloved Vampire

9,900 Points
  • Bunny Spotter 50
  • Waffles! 25
  • Team Jacob 100
PostPosted: Thu Jun 08, 2017 3:59 pm
User Image

User Image

Dakota didn’t window shop often in fact, hardly ever. He should have expected that she’d asked if he was doing the same. “I actually just stopping by, I was in the neighbourhood.” He told her. “I stopped in at my mum’s shop to give her a hand.” Dakota added, he figured he should at least share what he was up too if he wasn’t window shopping.

Apparently nothing had caught her attention just yet. Dakota couldn’t say he’d been in the shop they were standing next to either. He usually only came round for school supplies and now writing supplies, however if he was despite enough he just hit the nearest muggle shop in Ireland for the things he needed. “Can’t say I’ve ever checked out the place either. Though, I know you can find some pretty good finds in places you least expect.” He told her brightly. “I’m Dakota by the way, some call me Kota.” He introduced himself.

━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━

Henry the Black Catx

kiska166

PostPosted: Thu Jun 08, 2017 9:07 pm
User Image

And you take my hand

Cordelia nodded, showing that she had been listening. “That’s very nice of you. What shop does your mum own?” she asked curiously. It was very sweet of the man to help his mother out when she needed it. “Do you give her a hand often?” It did make her wonder what he did for a living, since it didn’t seem like he worked for his mother and probably wasn’t getting paid for helping her out. The brunette glanced back at the shop they were standing next to before looking back at the stranger, who had just introduced himself as Dakota. “Well, Dakota, would you like to check it out with me?” she asked, inviting him to join her. “It’ll be a new experience for both of us. And what’s a better way to enjoy a new experience than to partake in that experience with a new friend?” She paused for a moment, mostly to catch her breath.
God, she always sounded like such a priss when she was trying to act like she knew what she was talking about. “I’m Cordelia. I know – it’s a mouthful. You can just call me Cora.” The young woman smiled and stuck out her hand to shake his.

♫ ♫ Cheer me up

murruelecreuset

kiska166
Crew

Devoted Winner

murruelecreuset
Crew

Beloved Vampire

9,900 Points
  • Bunny Spotter 50
  • Waffles! 25
  • Team Jacob 100
PostPosted: Sat Jun 10, 2017 10:43 pm
User Image

User Image

“She owns Flourish and Blotts. She took it over after Mrs. Ryans.” Dakota answered her question. “I try to pop in every so often, especially during the busy season. I have a lot of time on my hands being a writer.” He explained. Truth was he could take the time to help. Granted he needed to start thinking about other means of a job if he didn’t start publishing things soon.

When the brunette asked him if he’d like to check the shop out with her, he was sort of surprised. That was certainly nice of her and to top it off she called him a new friend. He certainly liked that idea. When all his current friends were tie knots he felt like of alone in a world full of couples. “Um, I’d love too. I could certainly use a new friend.” Dakota replied with a smile. He was so glad that she’d asked.

“That’s a pretty name. It’s very nice to meet you Cora.” Dakota said shaking her hand. “So what does a woman like yourself do?” He asked curiously as he went and held the door open for her.

━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━

Henry the Black Catx

kiska166

PostPosted: Mon Jun 12, 2017 9:54 pm
User Image

And you take my hand

Upon hearing the name Flourish and Blotts, a memory of the store flashed in her brain for a split second, reminding her of shopping for school supplies every summer. “I’m sure she appreciates the help during the summer. It’s crazy how busy a book store can get – who would’ve thought?” That was when Cordelia realized she had just said that to a writer. “I mean a textbook store,” she corrected, adding a nervous laugh at the end of the sentence. “I get why people like books and reading, and why some people like writing. Like you.” Oh, God. She had to stop rambling – any word that was spewing out of her mouth was absolutely not helping. Talk about a bad case of word vomit. Briefly, the brunette wondered if word vomit ever turned into real vomit, because that’s what she felt like was about to happen. After taking a breath – mostly to stop herself from even more embarrassment – Cora said, with a clap of her hands, “I didn’t mean for that to come out how it did, and I hope you don’t think I’m awful.” Welp. She might’ve just ruined any chance she had with befriending or dating this super cute, lanky writer.

Apparently, she didn’t completely ruin anything. Maybe she put a little dent in it, but he still wanted to check out the shop with her. “Really?” she asked, pleasantly surprised. “I mean that’s great!” she corrected herself, smiling up at Dakota. As Cordelia stepped through the open door, the first thing she noticed was the air. It was a little stuffy and had a faint ‘used item’ scent, but it wasn’t particularly bad. Just different. Besides, her conversation with Kota was enough to distract her from it. “Monday to Friday, I work for the Ministry. And Friday night to Sunday, I enjoy life. What about you? What do you write about?”

♫ ♫ Cheer me up

murruelecreuset

kiska166
Crew

Devoted Winner

Diagon Alley

Goto Page: [] [<<] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 99 100 101 102 103 104 ... 114 115 116 117 [>] [>>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games
Mini-Games