Welcome to Gaia! ::

Ministry of Magic & the Wizarding World

Back to Guilds

Live the life of a wizard! Based on J.K. Rowling's books, this guild focuses on the Ministry of Magic and everyday life. Open and accepting! 

Tags: roleplay, J.K. Rowling, Harry Potter, Ministry of Magic, Wizarding World 

Reply Diagon Alley
Diagon Alley Streets Goto Page: 1 2 3 ... 4 ... 113 114 115 116 [>] [>>] [>>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Professor Tahiri

Liberal Lunatic

8,700 Points
  • Invisibility 100
  • Money Never Sleeps 200
  • Forum Junior 100
PostPosted: Wed Sep 28, 2011 9:42 pm
User Image

Welcome to Diagon Alley!

Diagon Alley is a cobbled Wizarding alley and shopping area located in London, England behind a pub called the Leaky Cauldron. Inside the alley is an assortment of restaurants, shops, and other sights. All items on the Hogwarts supply list can be bought at Diagon Alley. The alley is completely hidden from the Muggle world which is right outside of its boundaries. It is very large in area and essentially the center of Wizarding London.

On the bustling streets of Diagon Alley, many from the Wizarding world interact and shop. Diagon Alley boasts many shops and places of interest.

PostPosted: Wed Sep 28, 2011 9:49 pm
User Image

❤❤ T A M A R AR A D C L I F F E
6TH YEAR, GRYFFINDOR ~ PREFECT
¦¦ if you're going through hell, keep on going
xxxxxxxxxx x x

▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬ ▬▬▬▬▬▬ ▬▬

There was a snap as Tamara Radcliffe apparated onto a street corner in the illustrious Diagon's Alley. She drew in a deep breath and took in the aroma of the place. The bustle of activity made Tammy feel at ease as she glanced up and down the street. Picking out the potions shop she headed there first to collect the ingredients for her new project. After gathering the necessary ingredients there, she stopped outside Broomstix to admire the brooms. She would miss Quidditch this coming year, but her N.E.W.T. studies would be more important. She sighed and moved on. Flourish and Botts was on her list of stores to visit but first she stopped into the sweet shop.  

Professor Tahiri

Liberal Lunatic

8,700 Points
  • Invisibility 100
  • Money Never Sleeps 200
  • Forum Junior 100

Maiya Kajuji

Beloved Bloodsucker

10,625 Points
  • Team Edward 100
  • First step to fame 200
  • Team Jacob 100
PostPosted: Sat Oct 01, 2011 4:45 pm
((Formats are being made as we speak. Sorry it's plain at the moment!))
"Oh, come on!" Lynn teased as gave her sister a slight shove. "I will do no such thing" Natalie replied in a rather dignified tone. "Nat" Lynn said in a warning voice. Natalie glared at her. "You realize if I wanted to right now, I could beat you up no problem." Lynn gave a look. "Yeah right! You would never do it" Natalie raised an eyebrow. "Oh really" she said smiling. Natalie threw her arm out trying to put her sister in headlock. Lynn squealed and ducked under her arm. Jeffery sighed looking at his older sisters fighting. The two girls just giggled at him. "You know that we are here to by my robes, not to kill each other." Jeffery said. The two laughed. Lynn bent down. "Hold your horses, bro. We're going."  
PostPosted: Sat Oct 01, 2011 5:07 pm
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
thomas clarke
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

Thomas had just stepped out of the crowded Flourish and Blotts, three books in his possession, all of quick could be observed as being just purchased. Holding them close to his chest with a child-like eagerness, he quickly slipped through the crowds and found an empty area of brick wall to lean against. Slipping two of the books into the messenger bag hanging on his hip, he took the third and cracked it open. A goofy smile spreading on his features as he pushed up his glasses.
Instantly, his eyes began to run across the page, taking in all the fabulous words printed on it. Being consumed by the fiction he adored so much.
His ears distantly listened to the sounds of students, young and old, new or returning, bustling around him with their friends and families, all traveling in wolf-packs. None of it managed to take his attention away from the text in his eager hands other than the sudden threat that rang out into the air.
Peering up over the rims of his glasses, he saw two older looking girls, holding onto each other, an a young boy trying to grab their attention with some frustration painted on his young features.
He straightened up and observed the small group quietly from his spot against the wall.

Pale Mist

Maiya Kajuji

Beloved Bloodsucker

10,625 Points
  • Team Edward 100
  • First step to fame 200
  • Team Jacob 100
PostPosted: Sat Oct 01, 2011 5:16 pm
Natalie touched Lynn's shoulder. Lynn looked up. "That guy is staring at us" Natalie whispered ever so slightly gesturing towards a man sitting against a wall. A small smile touched Lynn's lips. "He's cute" she whispered eyeing the man. Natalie simply shrugged. "Well yeah, but he's staring at us." Natalie said. Lynn shrugged still smiling. "He looks sweet, let's go talk to him." Lynn started out not paying attention to her siblings. Natalie folded her arms and glared at Lynn's head as she walked away. "Bloody Hufflepuff" Natalie muttered as she followed Lynn. "What about my robes!" Jeffery yelled running after the two.

PostPosted: Sat Oct 01, 2011 5:34 pm
thomas clarke

The girls had looked up at him and it startled Thomas. He could feel his cheeks flushing slightly at being caught with curiosity in his eyes, but when one of the girls again looked towards him he offered her a sheepish smile.
Closing his book (after marking the page) and replacing it in the messenger bag with the others, he straighten himself up from the wall and slowly approached them.
With another smile he bowed his head slightly, glasses slipping down his nose slightly, and introduced himself, "Hello, I am sorry for glancing up at you. Hope it was not startling."

User ImageUser ImageUser ImageUser Image

Pale Mist

Maiya Kajuji

Beloved Bloodsucker

10,625 Points
  • Team Edward 100
  • First step to fame 200
  • Team Jacob 100
PostPosted: Sat Oct 01, 2011 5:40 pm
Natalie was about to say something but Lynn quickly interrupted her. "No it was no problem at all." Lynn smiled at him sweetly. She held out her hand. "I'm Lynn, this is my sister Natalie and my brother Jeffery. The rest of my family is around here somewhere" Lynn said glancing around. "Oh well" She beamed at the man brightly waiting for him to shake her hand.

PostPosted: Sat Oct 01, 2011 5:53 pm
User Image

User ImageUser ImageUser ImageUser Image

Thomas smiled brightly and took the girls hand firmly, "A pleasure," he looked into the eyes of each with a twinkle and pleasure in his dark irises.

"Shopping for your first year?" He smiled down on Jeffery.

thomas clarke
dragon keeper

Pale Mist

Professor Tahiri

Liberal Lunatic

8,700 Points
  • Invisibility 100
  • Money Never Sleeps 200
  • Forum Junior 100
PostPosted: Sat Oct 01, 2011 8:16 pm
User Image

xxxxxxxxxx x x

Tamara stopped outside Flourish and Botts, stepped aside to let a distracted man pass, then looked up the road. There were a couple girls horsing around. Tammy smiled and was reminded of her horseplay with her brother. He was currently away for the month visiting their family in Egypt. She sighed and walked into the book store.  
PostPosted: Sat Oct 01, 2011 8:57 pm
((Still designing a Format, and looking for a picture for dear little Angie.))

More than excited for her coming school year, Angelin Remora was the most hyper little witch on the street, by a longshot. And unlike most of the younger girls out doing their shopping, she was in jeans and a muggle soccer jersey for Manchester United. She practically had her mother in two as she excitedly tried to hurry to the stores of preference."Mom COME on! I want to visit the Joke shop! And Mr. Ollivander said he may actually have a wand that likes me this time!"
The girl's mother chuckled at the vibrant red head. "Calm down Angie. We'll get there soon enough. We still have all our other stops to make. There's Flourish and Blott's for your books, then the Apothecary for Potions supplies. And then I wanted to pick up a poster from the Quidditch Supplier for your younger brother Freddie. After all, he completely adores Micheal."
"But MOM!" Angie started to whine.
"Hush. We'll get there in due time."  

Vampfighter1

Boku_ha_Ronnel

Shirtless Shapeshifter

PostPosted: Sat Oct 01, 2011 11:07 pm
Eraz Lupinuous
Instructor of Legilimancy
User Image
Eraz strode out of the Eeylops Emporium with his new owl on his shoulder. He paused a few feet from the doorway and looked up to the owl on his shoulder, gauging its size with his eye.
"Well now, you're certainly not as large as the young lady in there claimed you would grow to be. Now then, I wonder what to call you..." The owl hooted and turned its head to one side, staring back into Eraz's dark eyes with its own orange gaze. The man snapped the fingers of his open hand. "I've got it. How does Keseven sound?" The owl blinked slowly, then hooted again with a satisfied note in its call. The staff-wielding wizard grinned slightly at his new partner.
"Good, then that's settled. Hmm." The wizard turned around and looked down the street. "Let's go find out if Flourish and Blotts has any books on familiar magics." Keseven launched himself from Eraz's shoulder and flew down the street, to land on the sign for the bookstore. When the man got close, the owl hopped down and onto his shoulder again, landing heavily in place and scrunching down so it wouldn't hit the doorjamb as they entered the store.

User Image  
PostPosted: Sat Oct 01, 2011 11:22 pm
User Image

xxxxxxxxxx x x

Tamara walked out of Flourish and Blotts with several books in her hands, which she then tucked into her tiny bag. The bag appeared to hold much more than it should. Tammy looked up in time to see Eraz Lupinous emerge from the owl store with a large owl perched on his shoulder. Tamara felt a small smile crawl onto her face. It had been half a year since she last saw him in Hogsmeade. What a great way to celebrate her seventeenth birthday then to enjoy a drink with Eraz. She started towards him. "Eraz!" she called out, hoping she wasn't being too forward with the Hogwarts Professor.  

Professor Tahiri

Liberal Lunatic

8,700 Points
  • Invisibility 100
  • Money Never Sleeps 200
  • Forum Junior 100

Boku_ha_Ronnel

Shirtless Shapeshifter

PostPosted: Sat Oct 01, 2011 11:28 pm
Eraz Lupinuous
User Image
Eraz blinked and looked at Keseven, then back towards the shop. Just as he had been about to enter someone had come out. This time he actually remembered her name though.
"Good afternoon Miss Radcliffe. It's been a while, how are you?" The large wizard bowed his head to the young girl politely, shifting his stance so that his staff was held in the hand on the same side as the shoulder his owl was riding on. He braced himself slightly on the staff as he regarded teh girl - her attire had changed from the outfit she had been in, with this one clinging to her body much closer. He swept his gaze down and back up, looking for a wand holster and frowning slightly when he saw that she had it tucked into a pocket. His gaze came back up to her face after that and settled there, his dark eyes locking on her blue ones.

User Image  
PostPosted: Sat Oct 01, 2011 11:35 pm
User Image

xxxxxxxxxx x x

Tamara smirked as she watched Eraz's eyes glance over her outfit, attention catching as she had hoped. She brushed a lock of her bright blonde hair from her face and tucked it behind her ear. She stuck her hip out and rested her hand on her hip, smiling at him. "So, Eraz, may I call you that? Doing some shopping today?" Her mind was swimming with potential, however she was a little hesitant because last time he seemed completely oblivious.  

Professor Tahiri

Liberal Lunatic

8,700 Points
  • Invisibility 100
  • Money Never Sleeps 200
  • Forum Junior 100

Boku_ha_Ronnel

Shirtless Shapeshifter

PostPosted: Sat Oct 01, 2011 11:41 pm
Eraz Lupinuous
User Image
The large wizard blinked and tilted his head to one side as the girl shifted her stance. It wasn't to a combative stance but to one that... The man's eyes widened for half a moment before returning to normal. If he hadn't known better he would have sworn that Tamara was trying to entice him. He head twitched as he shook it to clear that thought away, discarding it as highly unlikely.
"That is fine for now Miss Radcliffe, but don't slip up if you happen to end up in my class come the next year of schooling. And yes, I am doing a bit of shopping - I decided to get a familiar before the classes started. What about you?"
Eraz felt Keseven leave his shoulder and turned in time for the gust of wind from the downsweep of the large owl's wings to push his coat open, revealing that once again the large man had foregone wearing a shirt. He watched as the bird flew up onto a nearby lamppost, then shrugged his shoulders and turned his gaze back to Tamara, momentarily having to fight off the urge to look downwards again.

User Image  
Diagon Alley

Goto Page: 1 2 3 ... 4 ... 113 114 115 116 [>] [>>] [>>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces