Welcome to Gaia! ::

The Dungeons & Dragons Guild

Back to Guilds

A Dungeons & Dragons Roleplaying Guild - We have many active games, join requests are checked often, and everyone is accepted. 

Tags: Dungeons, Dragons, Roleplaying, Dungeons and Dragons 

Reply The Dungeons & Dragons Guild
D&D Guild Chat? Goto Page: 1 2 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Dungeons & Dragons Guild Chat
Aye
88%
 88%  [ 31 ]
Nay
11%
 11%  [ 4 ]
Total Votes : 35

Rain Yupa
Captain

Enduring Member

PostPosted: Wed Sep 14, 2011 9:25 pm
Here's the link in case any of you missed it.

But now, there's a Guild Chat option we can now purchase for 100,000 gold. We actually HAVE that much gold in our account, though it wasn't because of me. With the recent purge of older games, we probably won't even need to dip into that for some time (creating a new subforum is like, 1000 gold).

I've stepped up due to needing a person of crew status high enough to be able to adjust subforums; even now, I consider myself only filling in for Reevinja and Bamaotaku.

But, in my time here, I have heard many people speak of trying to run games off of a Chat, rather than by Play-By-Post. This is the kind of tool we just might be able to take advantage of to it's fullest! I don't know if there's a dice roller program built in, though, but that could easily be resolved by having an impromptu thread made here in the guild for players to roll in as they need it.

I will not be making the decision myself, because I'm fine with play-by-post. I have enough games going where I don't think I could actively run something in chat as well as all the PBP games. Play in maybe, but not run. So, I turn to YOU, fellow guild-mates.

I am creating a poll, for people to vote for it (say 'aye') or against it (say 'nay'). Since this is a rather large investment on our parts, I'm going to have to say that I'm going to need at least a 2/3 majority vote. In addition, I will require at least 10 votes in total or else I will not purchase the guild chat.

I'm leaving the poll open for 30 days, until October 15th; the purchase of the chat might happen sooner though, if it seems to me unanimously for it. I will not be voting, for reasons stated above.

Thank you for coming in and voting! If it starts to sink down the thread list, feel free to bump it back up to the top until the poll ends. Also, feel free to include any input you might have; it must might convince undecided people to vote in your favor! biggrin  
PostPosted: Thu Sep 15, 2011 3:42 am
I'm also willing to fund it, either in whole (if someone buys my plague revenant) or in part. (at most a quarter) should that be desired or neccessary.  

Plainsfox

Romantic Paladin

10,600 Points
  • Battle Hardened 150
  • Team Jacob 100
  • Bunny Hunter 100

Ziekara

PostPosted: Thu Sep 15, 2011 4:28 am
I think it is an awesome idea! I would love to play by chat!  
PostPosted: Thu Sep 15, 2011 5:24 am
I'm voting for it, but I couldn't actually play in it. I already have a chat rp I do on Friday and Sunday nights; I can't allot another slot of time for a DnD session >.<  

KytanaTheThief
Crew

joe-dude667

PostPosted: Thu Sep 15, 2011 6:22 am
At people saying they're willing to pay for it: As Rain said, the guild fund has so much money in it already, there's really no need.

Anyways...

I voted yes, even though I don't think I'd use it that often if at all. I might use it once as like a 1 shot to see what it's like, but I don't think I'd have the time to commit myself to a long term weekly campaign.

I voted yes for a few reasons:
1. As mentioned above, the guild has so much gold literally doing nothing, that we might as well just to say we have it! >.< We have so many available subforums as well that we won't need any of that gold for a long time (and with the high turnover of games and or players, if ever).
2. I think that even if I don't use it, it could come in very useful for this cause. I mean you never know, after a while it may even be the main attraction to our guild!
3. Even if it doesn't work out to well for game purposes, the amount of times someone has come on asking for help on character creation or understanding rules or even just the game in general, think of how much easier and quicker it would be to just go onto chat and filling them in that way.

I think this post is irrelevant though, since my vote was the 7th yes, to 0 nos, it's clearly going to happen. =P  
PostPosted: Thu Sep 15, 2011 7:37 am
There isn't a Dice rolling option. Trust me. One of the other guilds I'm in has purchased a guild chat. It takes place in one of gaia's deserts. It is little more than an expansion of one of the worlds or games.  

Wire_Colossus

Versatile Shapeshifter

3,875 Points
  • Alchemy Level 1 100
  • Team Jacob 100
  • Gender Swap 100

Mongooseh

Distinct Raider

8,825 Points
  • Demonic Associate 100
  • Guildmember 100
  • Hellraiser 500
PostPosted: Thu Sep 15, 2011 10:15 am
I say nay just because of horrible organisation skills people have on here. That and would anyone run a game like that? I'd run sessions on it but still have rp posts done in guild while rolling and decision making done in chat for speediness.  
PostPosted: Thu Sep 15, 2011 11:49 am
I say go for it. As for dice, there's ways to dealwithit.jpg  

Raganui Minamoto

Distinct Prophet

SporkMaster5000
Crew

Invisible Citizen

10,000 Points
  • Millionaire 200
  • Invisibility 100
  • Megathread 100
PostPosted: Thu Sep 15, 2011 12:16 pm
Honestly, considering how slowly this guild uses money and the fact that most of those funds were just kinda dropped in reeve's lap by someone, i have no problem with buying chat for those who want some realtime roleplay.

Though you may consider spouting out a quick guild announcement to make sure everyone's aware of the poll.  
PostPosted: Thu Sep 15, 2011 1:38 pm
SporkMaster5000
Though you may consider spouting out a quick guild announcement to make sure everyone's aware of the poll.

Great idea! Let me do that presently.  

Rain Yupa
Captain

Enduring Member

felinoel

Dapper Elder

12,000 Points
  • Beta Citizen 0
  • Grunny Harvester 150
  • Beta Gaian 0
PostPosted: Thu Sep 15, 2011 2:23 pm
A chatroom would be much easier to play in  
PostPosted: Thu Sep 15, 2011 4:31 pm
I vote Aye. While I do not have a functioning headset.... again... I am able to help fund this if asked for a donation and I will try using it when I get a headset, free-time, and excess boredum.  

Vinchenzo The Jackal

Chatty Werewolf

7,000 Points
  • Citizen 200
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Money Never Sleeps 200

Virulent Lover

Dangerous Lover

PostPosted: Thu Sep 15, 2011 4:42 pm
For actual playing, I'm nay.

But, if people want it for OoC/character building and other purposes, I could probably fund it, entirely by myself.

-Shrugged.-  
PostPosted: Thu Sep 15, 2011 6:04 pm
Sure.

But how does it work?  

Suicidesoldier#1

Fanatical Zealot

Psychofish

Dedicated Loiterer

PostPosted: Thu Sep 15, 2011 9:02 pm
I'm not likely to ever USE the chat in any of my games, I'd rather they all remain at least primarily play-by-post so I won't miss out by not being able to get on the chat for long stretches or make scheduled times. I don't think I'd even join a chat based game right now, to be honest.

But I've seen enough interest expressed, and it could be taken as a small step toward the original sitting around a table bit. So I'd support purchasing one.

Heck, to my knowledge all that gold stored up isn't gonna be needed for anything else, and I'm more than willing to toss a 10-30k donation down if it is bought just for the sake of keeping stores up.... incase of zombie invasion, or something.

I'm skeptical of it having ways to maintain any order if people wanted to run more than one game in the chat at a time, or features for rolling or other game organizational tools, but I see no reason to discourage people from running games in it if they don't need those so much or can find ways around it. Heck, with as often as Gaia lets you post, it probably wouldn't be hard to make a dedicated dice rolling thread and use that in combination with the chat.

Any how.

I have a small kitten to tame, dishes to do, and sleep to acquire. I'll catch up with you all later. Good luck with whatever is decided, and good rolling.  
The Dungeons & Dragons Guild

Goto Page: 1 2 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff