Welcome to Gaia! ::

xXx ~ The Feeders of Stein ~ xXx

Back to Guilds

An Offical Home Base for the Feeders of Stein, the force behind Stein's climb in Pie Hard and his bronze medal! 

Tags: Stein, The Feeders of Stein, Role-playing, CrosStitch 

Reply The Common Room (Our Chatter Box)
Idle Chatter Goto Page: 1 2 3 ... 4 ... 218 219 220 221 [>] [>>] [>>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Madame Mae
Crew

Unholy Abomination

52,100 Points
  • War of the Roses 500
  • Nerd 50
  • Abomination 100
PostPosted: Thu Sep 08, 2011 11:05 pm
I thought there should be a thread about nothing, I hope there isn't already? I always feel bad about posting random stuff in themed threads.

So I have a question. I decided I wanted a license plate frame for my car, and I'm trying to settle on what I will have written on it. This is what I am leaning towards:

Top: "History"
Bottom: "You'd be more interesting if you were dead"

Is this good? I love history, so another one was about history repeating it's self ;x  
PostPosted: Thu Sep 08, 2011 11:23 pm

Nothing thread?
I LOVE nothing threads!

User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.

...*cough* Erm. Haha.
Anyways, in regards to your question: maybe it's just been a loooooooooong day for me, but I don't get it. sweatdrop
Then again, license plates! Who needs 'em? I don't! Public transit, WOO!

Maxima quo Priscus

Dedicated Ally

26,425 Points
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Conventioneer 300
  • Trash Can Supporter 50

Madame Mae
Crew

Unholy Abomination

52,100 Points
  • War of the Roses 500
  • Nerd 50
  • Abomination 100
PostPosted: Thu Sep 08, 2011 11:28 pm
David's head is scary on Rick D:

Well, everything you study in history is basically dead people, and stuff they built/did/etc. Living people are crazy, dead people have already done everything they are going to do, and you can study all their actions, to understand them better ;o

I like BART, but public transportation to San Jose everyday sucks, I tried it. The train does not go to South San Jose, I had to take the creeper bus. It smelled like STEW.  
PostPosted: Thu Sep 08, 2011 11:46 pm

Ah, okay. That makes more sense. Now that I get it, I think it's kinda clever.

I'd have to go to Richmond to use BART. No thanks. eek
GGT all day, erryday. Their buses tend to stay clean. Free of psychos a good amount of the time. And I can use Clipper on them. So now I have a Clipper card. And thank God for that. Didn't have one for Fanime this year, and our hotel was a good two miles from the convention center. My friend had a Clipper card. I did not. He always made the train. I did not.

Maxima quo Priscus

Dedicated Ally

26,425 Points
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Conventioneer 300
  • Trash Can Supporter 50

Madame Mae
Crew

Unholy Abomination

52,100 Points
  • War of the Roses 500
  • Nerd 50
  • Abomination 100
PostPosted: Fri Sep 09, 2011 10:19 am
I've been to Richmond BART a couple times, that is some scary s**t!

I'm glad GGT is in good condition, I think I took the ACE train (which was ok-ish) to the main part of SJ, then the creeper stew bus the rest of the way, and I think that was VTA? Anyways, I don't recommend it.

Ah, I actually stayed at the Fairmont during Fanime. It was nice, because a car was not needed, but everything was WAY TOO EXPENSIVE. Also on check out day, we were stuck trying to catch an elevator for like an hour, and we were on the 14th floor (well 13th, but they skip that) with so much luggage, so there was no way we could walk down the stairs.

Anyways! I wish the public transportation was better here, I hate traffic and paying for gas. Also, I have to google clipper card!  
PostPosted: Fri Sep 09, 2011 11:49 am
Oh, random chatting! I like it!

About the license plate frame, to be honest I don't get it, I live in Peru and license plates are a bit different from Americans, or at least that's what I think? I'll google it...

...Ah! Now I get it. It's the border of the plate, I thought you meant the plate itself sweatdrop Well your idea is pretty clever indeed. I have no suggestions for the moment.

Today started Mistura, it's sort of a big food convention. I want to go, but It seems the tickets are sold out already gonk

On a side note, what happened in Cali? I know there was a blackout, but I didn't thought it was that bad until I checked My Gaia tab today and saw all the messages of the people about it. What caused it?  

lick and stick

Eternal Witch

26,750 Points
  • Invisibility 100
  • Risky Lifestyle 100
  • Battle Hardened 150

Madame Mae
Crew

Unholy Abomination

52,100 Points
  • War of the Roses 500
  • Nerd 50
  • Abomination 100
PostPosted: Fri Sep 09, 2011 12:23 pm
Ah, I did not even know about that blackout! I live up north in the bay area of San Francisco, and I guess it was southern California?

Poor SoCal! Fires, mudslides, blackouts. . . never a dull moment. Here is an article I found on it:

Quote:
"The California Power outage that hit the San Diego area on Thursday afternoon was the most widespread in the history of San Diego Gas & Electric (SDG&E), the utility that provides power to San Diego County and southern Orange County.

It hit 1.4 million customers (the SGD&E serves 3.5 million consumers in total), shut down traffic lights, and put the police and U.S. Customs Border Patrol on backup power...

...It has already determined that the cause of the outage stemmed from an operator error that occurred in Arizona.

The error tripped the company's two major power sources, one from Arizona and one from north of the region."

PostPosted: Fri Sep 09, 2011 12:38 pm
Madame Mae

I had to take VTA during Fanime. It was awkward. Especially when I was sitting at one of the stations alone dressed like Alice Margatroid in her Touhouvania variant. =.=

Next year, we're staying somewhere closer. This year it was a very last minute decision to go (like, one month before the con), so we took what we could get in terms of lodging. So we're planning ahead for next year. As a matter of fact, my friend started sending messages to people via Facebook to start planning for next year a month after this year's con had ended. We told him it was a little too early.

Clipper cards are cool. I think pretty much every public transit in the Bay uses it now. Load money onto the card, tag on when you get on, tag off when you get off. It's a lot quicker than buying tickets with cash. =.=

lick and stick

Food convention?! eek Sign me up! That sounds utterly amazing!!
The closest thing I get to anything like that is the bi-weekly farmer's market I always miss. emo

The black out was in Southern California, wasn't it?
Let's see what we've got here...

International Business Times article
The blackout appears to be related to a procedure an employee of APS, the largest electric utility company in Arizona, was carrying out in the North Gila substation, just northeast of Yuma.

"Operating and protection protocols typically would have isolated the resulting outage to the Yuma area," the company said in a statement. "The reason that did not occur in this case will be the focal point of the investigation into the event, which already is under way."

When the power line tripped around 3:30 p.m., it triggered a chain reaction that eventually cut generators at the San Onofre Nuclear Station in San Diego County. Officials said that there was no risk of danger from the closing of the plant.

So that appears to be all anyone knows at this point.

Maxima quo Priscus

Dedicated Ally

26,425 Points
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Conventioneer 300
  • Trash Can Supporter 50

lick and stick

Eternal Witch

26,750 Points
  • Invisibility 100
  • Risky Lifestyle 100
  • Battle Hardened 150
PostPosted: Fri Sep 09, 2011 12:39 pm
Oh man, that poor operator is so gonna get fired sweatdrop

Thanks for the info. I was sleeping by that time, so I missed it on the news.  
PostPosted: Fri Sep 09, 2011 8:39 pm
I like the license plate idea, although I wonder if they will allow such a thing? Some places get all...up their butts about words like 'dead' and what not. Not that you're threatening anyone! But you know what I mean...

I'd try it anyway. xD

Battery Acid Included
Vice Captain

Wild-Haired Crimester

28,550 Points
  • Craziest Hair Award 1000
  • Shady Hands Squad 250
  • Champion Cardholder 100

Madame Mae
Crew

Unholy Abomination

52,100 Points
  • War of the Roses 500
  • Nerd 50
  • Abomination 100
PostPosted: Fri Sep 09, 2011 9:56 pm
Hmm, you are right gonk

Yet I have to see those damn rubber balls hanging from cars, and really gross sexual stuff. This one winner in this jacked up truck has written across the back:

"I'd rather be cumming then stroking"

He had more gross things, but I forget them. I guess I better look to see if there are any laws about it ; . ;  
PostPosted: Fri Sep 09, 2011 10:04 pm
Madame Mae

ಠ_ಠ

Maxima quo Priscus

Dedicated Ally

26,425 Points
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Conventioneer 300
  • Trash Can Supporter 50

Madame Mae
Crew

Unholy Abomination

52,100 Points
  • War of the Roses 500
  • Nerd 50
  • Abomination 100
PostPosted: Fri Sep 09, 2011 10:07 pm
Kiwi Scottson
Madame Mae

ಠ_ಠ

I know, right?

I keep thinking about what children think when they see this truck, and the awkward questions it raises for parents ;x  
PostPosted: Sat Sep 10, 2011 9:54 am
I had to use the translator to understand that lol  

lick and stick

Eternal Witch

26,750 Points
  • Invisibility 100
  • Risky Lifestyle 100
  • Battle Hardened 150

Madame Mae
Crew

Unholy Abomination

52,100 Points