Welcome to Gaia! ::

◄▌ Dark Waters ▐►

Back to Guilds

Primarily a Booty Grab guild, with a little bit of everything else as well. ;) 

Tags: Gold, Dark, Waters, Booty, Grab 

Reply [Dark Waters] Community
Booty Grab Emergency?!

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

DarkErotica
Captain

PostPosted: Mon Sep 05, 2011 8:43 pm
Booty Grab Emergency?!

Some of you may have already noticed that Awsomolocity's analyzer image,
the one we're probably all most familiar with, is currently broken!

When Absol's analyzer kicked the bucket in standard forum threads, I was a bit irked, confused, and even more-so surprised that something so useful would just stop working all of a sudden. Some of us have been expecting it for some time now from hearing bits and pieces of the moderator chatter, while some of us were completely caught off guard by the crumbling of such a widely used Booty Grab tool. HOWEVER, Absol's analyzer image continued to work in the guilds, which is why I still have BOTH analyzer images listed! I sighed in relief at that small victory.

Now, Awsomolocity's analyzer has been corrupted! The one image that nearly every BG'er has in their signature, is now broken! I've checked numerous times on 4 different accounts, and had other friends try as well, and even went to look at it on the actual analyzers webpage. No dice.. It's broken everywhere. You'll see the dreaded "www.tinyurl.com/awefail" in place of each image. The analyzer itself still works, and still shows the list of fish and details, but the image itself is broken.

I don't know if this is a prank, or a temporary thing to see how it affects the community, or if it's permanent like Absol's is seeming to be. Let's cross our fingers and hope we get our images back.

This is being copied to a post in the guild's main forum.
Please leave any feedback/comments/questions you like!

Sincerely,
heart DE and Dark Waters heart

PostPosted: Mon Sep 05, 2011 10:36 pm
the image goes back to normal when glowing 3nodding

ninjaboy1989

Profitable Grabber

11,250 Points
  • Alchemy Level 1 100
  • Alchemy Level 2 100
  • Money Never Sleeps 200

Arvin Dm

6,000 Points
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Junior Trader 100
  • Risky Lifestyle 100
PostPosted: Mon Sep 05, 2011 10:39 pm
heart  
PostPosted: Mon Sep 05, 2011 10:58 pm
ninjaboy1989

Not quite normal.

Mine gives vastly inaccurate times. It will say I'm glowing for 2 min when I've been glowing for 11 or keep reading "glowing " for up to 20 min after it's ended- it has complicated bumping, particularly since my tank is having the invisible glow glitch- I think the same one that Shamantra is having crying
our tanks will be "glowing" but it won't show to players- maybe a browser issue, don't know

You can't access the tank through the normal means, but only through direct tank links when this happens.

I didn't know why my play had gone down until Jinglybell told me I was falling victim to the glitch as well

For the time being, while Absol's analyzer is off, all of the booty grab threads that rely on the text links are kind of useless

Is Absol even till around? I haven't seen an Absol tank in forever sad  

kittycross

Shameless Phantom

11,900 Points
  • Cheerleader 200
  • Invisibility 100
  • Bunny Hoarder 150

DarkErotica
Captain

PostPosted: Mon Sep 05, 2011 11:08 pm
kittycross
ninjaboy1989

Not quite normal.

Mine gives vastly inaccurate times. It will say I'm glowing for 2 min when I've been glowing for 11 or keep reading "glowing " for up to 20 min after it's ended- it has complicated bumping, particularly since my tank is having the invisible glow glitch- I think the same one that Shamantra is having crying
our tanks will be "glowing" but it won't show to players- maybe a browser issue, don't know

You can't access the tank through the normal means, but only through direct tank links when this happens.

I didn't know why my play had gone down until Jinglybell told me I was falling victim to the glitch as well

For the time being, while Absol's analyzer is off, all of the booty grab threads that rely on the text links are kind of useless

Is Absol even till around? I haven't seen an Absol tank in forever sad

Thanks for adding this info. First, Idk if Absol's still around, but his analyzer image only works in guilds now. It's a little upsetting because my large stalker thread of over 70 tanks now has a broken image under each entry, and it's the same setup as I've done here in the guild.

I noticed the guild mule had the same "invisi-glow" glitch earlier. I was debating whether I was losing my mind, or it was the analyzer image that was off. However even the Gaia Labs "Glowing" button was active, and clicking that only showed me the one starfish in the tank, when there's 16 other fish in there.

Btw, I haven't bothered adding mermies to the tank just yet, mainly because I'm so unsure where BG is headed in the near future. I'd like to ask for mermaid donations though, and all the profits on that tank will go towards contest prizes and whatnot, on top of donations... Idk, that's a thought for a totally different thread topic. ANYWAYYYZ...

Yeah the analyzer image is horrendously incorrect. It's nice to know that you ARE glowing, but having it say 8 minutes for 20 is just silly. If the time's wrong, I'm sure the player count is also. I say we should all just give Awsomolocity his hits at http://tinypic.com/awefail and hope he gets enough to keep hosting/supporting his images. It'd destroy a lot of peoples setups if we lost BOTH of our micro analyzers.

This is also the reason why DW's Tank Directory utilizes both of them. In case one fails, or is under maintenance, or victim to those annoying anti-aggregate messages. razz

Thanks again for the input! heart  
PostPosted: Mon Sep 05, 2011 11:19 pm
DarkErotica
:

Absol definitely deserves support - and is also a totally awesome pokemon!!
User Image

I do think this invisible glow thing is a real problem.
I've gone from being in the top 10% to top 1% to getting 10 plays a day.
I don't know how many others are getting the glitch but Shamantra mentioned it in BPP (so use direct tank link if she's bumped too please)
I know there are some issues with the latest adobe flash update and browser compatibility - with so much of gaia being flash..... scream  

kittycross

Shameless Phantom

11,900 Points
  • Cheerleader 200
  • Invisibility 100
  • Bunny Hoarder 150

DarkErotica
Captain

PostPosted: Mon Sep 05, 2011 11:26 pm
kittycross
DarkErotica
:

Absol definitely deserves support - and is also a totally awesome pokemon!!
User Image

I do think this invisible glow thing is a real problem.
I've gone from being in the top 10% to top 1% to getting 10 plays a day.
I don't know how many others are getting the glitch but Shamantra mentioned it in BPP (so use direct tank link if she's bumped too please)
I know there are some issues with the latest adobe flash update and browser compatibility - with so much of gaia being flash..... scream

That's probably all it is as far as that goes. The rate that technology and computers have been rendering last month's technology as obsolete is speeding up exponentially. I have a feeling Gaia, among many other things, is just like "WTF we just finished updating our flash to the LAST one!" I know I feel like that myself sometimes. HOPEFULLY that's all it is, and it's remedied soon. I have all the flash tanks disabled, so I only click direct links as it is. So for the time being, my worst enemies are the failing analyzer images, and the dreaded 0-glitches. classified_fu  
PostPosted: Tue Sep 06, 2011 12:00 am
DarkErotica
classified_fu

classified_fu indeed.

With all the new additions to gaia they're trying to do, I don't know where fixing a "small" flash incompatibility problem will fall on their priorities

Absol's last login was today , but I don't know him personally. I think Nashoba does  

kittycross

Shameless Phantom

11,900 Points
  • Cheerleader 200
  • Invisibility 100
  • Bunny Hoarder 150

chiisai-akanbo

PostPosted: Tue Sep 06, 2011 5:13 am
From Awesomo :
Quote:

Website is down
If you want, use this. :3 (Link is shorter, server is up)
~King Awesome

PostPosted: Tue Sep 06, 2011 7:37 am
chiisai-akanbo
From Awesomo :
Quote:

Website is down
If you want, use this. :3 (Link is shorter, server is up)
~King Awesome

Thank you Chii! heart

Unfortunately with the 3 tanks in my signature, I'm exactly at the maximum characters, and the image url for the new shorter one, is actually 3 characters longer than the original. The only reason it's shorter is because he's referring to the fact that the original includes a link to the flash aquarium and the new one is just the image url.

I might just try and deal with the ones we have for now and quite possibly when he's done getting the hits on that page, he'll change it back to normal.

heart  

DarkErotica
Captain

chiisai-akanbo

PostPosted: Tue Sep 06, 2011 7:58 am
DarkErotica

Thank you Chii! heart

Unfortunately with the 3 tanks in my signature, I'm exactly at the maximum characters, and the image url for the new shorter one, is actually 3 characters longer than the original. The only reason it's shorter is because he's referring to the fact that the original includes a link to the flash aquarium and the new one is just the image url.

I might just try and deal with the ones we have for now and quite possibly when he's done getting the hits on that page, he'll change it back to normal.

heart

I was reading some posts and he was quite surprised himself that the analyzers are down, well at least it seemed like he was, he had this emote -> o.o so i'm just guessing, well so much for that, Maybe this will all be resolved soon and I do hope so since these analyzers are very important in the BG community and most people are relying on these for people to see their glows(and have you heard of the invisi-glows? I don't have a lot of information on this one since only a few people seem to be affected.)~  
PostPosted: Tue Sep 06, 2011 8:17 am
chiisai-akanbo
DarkErotica

Thank you Chii! heart

heart

I was reading some posts and he was quite surprised himself that the analyzers are down, well at least it seemed like he was, he had this emote -> o.o so i'm just guessing, well so much for that, Maybe this will all be resolved soon and I do hope so since these analyzers are very important in the BG community and most people are relying on these for people to see their glows(and have you heard of the invisi-glows? I don't have a lot of information on this one since only a few people seem to be affected.)~

I have to run and go take care of my doggies, but I'm glad Awsom's aware of it. That being the case, I'm sure he'll have it whipped into shape soon enough.

Secondly, I noticed the "invisi-glow" myself on my DW guild mule. I was on this account, and noticed that tank was glowing from a post I had made while I was on it. I attempted to play the tank through the "Glowing" Gaia Labs button at first, with no dice. It only loaded the aquarium with 1 out of 16 fish. So I tried the direct link from the signature, which led me to the full tank, but none of the fish were glowing. I don't see how BOTH the analyzer image and the actual Gaia supported Gaia Labs Glowing button would be wrong at the same time, so apparently I'm not the only one that's fallen victim to the glitch. Like I've been discussing with Kittycross, it's probably a small change to the flash code, or something on their servers is just a little awry. Either way, we both know of Gaia's response time to problems, and if it's something small, we might not see a change for a while. I'm trying to stay positive and guess it's a small issue and it'll be fixed asap.  

DarkErotica
Captain

ninjaboy1989

Profitable Grabber

11,250 Points
  • Alchemy Level 1 100
  • Alchemy Level 2 100
  • Money Never Sleeps 200
PostPosted: Tue Sep 06, 2011 12:41 pm
DarkErotica

dolphin mania has been canceled again the guild was deactivated by a moderator

it may be because the links they were telling us to go?
but
we need to make sure things we do or say in guilds don't break the T.O.S

PostPosted: Tue Sep 06, 2011 12:56 pm
See I have been keeping my mouth shut alot about this, but I guess it's time to speak my mind. So technically wouldn't the analyzers themselves be something that is against gaia's intended use of BG? It's kinda like the whole ring farming glitch on zOMG if your aware of that. Also I know gaia has said it in previous dev notices and announcements and such that BG has become something they didn't intend would make and generate so much gold. Also I clearly remember them saying that DM was closed down because it was an offsite BG thread and even having multiple tanks on one page Gaia doesn't seem to like and they may not clearly say take it out and only have 1 BG tank in a post on a thread they seem to frown upon it.  

azndreams

Invisible Consumer

25,125 Points
  • Flatterer 200
  • Tycoon 200
  • Healer 50

KlaussKinsky

PostPosted: Tue Apr 03, 2012 10:29 am
I've noticed this happening recently too. confused  
[Dark Waters] Community

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff