Submit

Deathman Kid

Dangerous Phantom

8,850 Points
  • Conventioneer 300
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Dressed Up 200
PostPosted: Sun Sep 04, 2011 3:48 pm
I was wondering if anyone else is getting either one of these. Dead Island looks amazing and it zombies so of course I have to get it. Disgaea 4 will be my introduction to the Disgaea universe but not to the game play since I still own/play final fantasy tactics. Since I found out that Twisted Metal was pushed, I moved all my money to Disgaea 4 and Dead Island with a few more trade-ins and was wondering if anyone else will get these games as well, so I can play with others in the guild.  
PostPosted: Fri Sep 09, 2011 11:50 am
Dead Island wasn't all that great. Yeah looked nice but a lot of flaws to it tho. For the most part you'll melee majority of the time before you can even get a gun, When you get bum rushed by zombies it's hard to turn and hit them all since their all beating the crap out of you and before you know it your dead, and the way the story and game plays out wasn't all that great like you'd hope it to be and what from those amazingly great reviews tell you. But others really find something like this to be that good. It's just my opinion to the game.  

Jak_McNads

Generous Lover

10,950 Points
  • Partygoer 500
  • The Perfect Setup 150
  • Nerd 50

Deathman Kid

Dangerous Phantom

8,850 Points
  • Conventioneer 300
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Dressed Up 200
PostPosted: Fri Sep 09, 2011 3:32 pm
Jack_McNads
Dead Island wasn't all that great. Yeah looked nice but a lot of flaws to it tho. For the most part you'll melee majority of the time before you can even get a gun, When you get bum rushed by zombies it's hard to turn and hit them all since their all beating the crap out of you and before you know it your dead, and the way the story and game plays out wasn't all that great like you'd hope it to be and what from those amazingly great reviews tell you. But others really find something like this to be that good. It's just my opinion to the game.

Well patches are being released today(? I think) and I heard from someone who played the whole game in coop that its better there rather than single. So that's why I'm askin around lol.  
PostPosted: Fri Sep 09, 2011 11:49 pm
Deathman Kid
Jack_McNads

Well patches are being released today(? I think) and I heard from someone who played the whole game in coop that its better there rather than single. So that's why I'm askin around lol.
Well everything get's better in Co-op. For patches idk haven't been on it since yesterday afternoon.  

Jak_McNads

Generous Lover

10,950 Points
  • Partygoer 500
  • The Perfect Setup 150
  • Nerd 50

Shadowed Replica

Shadowy Explorer

5,300 Points
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Ultimate Player 200
  • Befriended 100
PostPosted: Thu Jan 26, 2012 12:53 am
I think Dead Island is a great game. Play it before you decide though.
The point of not having a gun in the beginning was to keep you from relying on it too much.
Honestly, the guns aren't even needed to get past most of the game if you're resourceful enough. I have a couple mods I've been using and I only own one or two guns and am well into act 2.

PostPosted: Thu Jan 26, 2012 6:48 am
I know its a bit late but my brother just beat Disgaea 4.... it was hillarious!  

Si-Shen
Vice Captain

Hallowed Knight

8,700 Points
  • Battle: Knight 100
  • Jack-pot 100
  • Battle: KO 200

Deathman Kid

Dangerous Phantom

8,850 Points
  • Conventioneer 300
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Dressed Up 200
PostPosted: Thu Jan 26, 2012 8:28 pm
I beat both of them anyway lol I just have a few extras for Disgaea 4. I never got to play online with Dead Island so I just traded it in.  
The Sony Playstation Guild

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games