Reply The Sony Playstation Guild
help picking a game? ;-;

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

ManaxCandy

PostPosted: Wed Aug 31, 2011 11:57 pm
hurp. I need help deciding on a game to buy. (I am pretty indecisive.)

I kinda got a list going.

fallout new veges
Batman: Arkham Asylum
Resonance of Fate
dead rising 2

(feel free to input a title if you feel it it a better game then the ones on my list.)

I am trying to avoid rebuying old faves like oblivion that have sequels coming out soon (i.e skyrim i coming out in a few months.) (batman is an exception)

That all being said I have a problem/semi problem with the games on my list.

fallout new veges
(I played fallout 3. I had fun but soon found myself with all loss of interest. It seemed so gloom and boring. Is nv the same or is it better?)

Batman: Arkham Asylum
(seems cool but from what I have heard it is pretty short and had single dimensional game play)

Resonance of Fate
(played them demo for this and felt "meh" it looks fun but like something that would get boring fast.)

dead rising 2
(time limits are annoying. sandbox games tend to feel ultra easy to me and I lose interest pretty fast.)

The game I am looking for can't be mass mutiplayer biased as my net is pretty crappy. I want something time consuming.

I have full intention on platinuming the game so multiple play troughs will happen.

help me? @_@  
PostPosted: Thu Sep 01, 2011 7:41 am
I haven't played Resonance of Fate nor Dead Rising 2 (as I didn't like the first one), so I can only speak on behalf of the other two.

If you didn't like Fallout 3, you probably won't like Fallout: New Vegas. While not as gloomy as 3, New Vegas is very much the same game with slightly updated controls and gameplay. The story isn't as gloomy - well, I suppose looking for the guy who shot you in the head and left you to die is considered gloomy, but it isn't all about restoring D.C. with water and finding your father. It's also tinged with orange rather than green! sweatdrop It does, however, have great replay value.

Akham Asylum was a great game especially if you're a Batman fan. Yes, it was rather short which is standard fair for its kind of game currently. The gameplay is rather simple, but I wouldn't chalk it up to being single dimensional. It's just an easy game to pick up and play. However, if you're not at least familiar with the Batman universe, most of the villains and even some of the situations don't have a whole lot of back story in game. You can pick up bios and "case files", but that's it. The biggest downside, however, is its lack of incentive to play more than once.  

jaggedbubbles

Assimilated Borg

12,350 Points
  • Beta Gaian 0
  • Invisibility 100
  • Hive Mind 200

ManaxCandy

PostPosted: Thu Sep 01, 2011 9:35 am
jaggedbubbles
I haven't played Resonance of Fate nor Dead Rising 2 (as I didn't like the first one), so I can only speak on behalf of the other two.

If you didn't like Fallout 3, you probably won't like Fallout: New Vegas. While not as gloomy as 3, New Vegas is very much the same game with slightly updated controls and gameplay. The story isn't as gloomy - well, I suppose looking for the guy who shot you in the head and left you to die is considered gloomy, but it isn't all about restoring D.C. with water and finding your father. It's also tinged with orange rather than green! sweatdrop It does, however, have great replay value.

Akham Asylum was a great game especially if you're a Batman fan. Yes, it was rather short which is standard fair for its kind of game currently. The gameplay is rather simple, but I wouldn't chalk it up to being single dimensional. It's just an easy game to pick up and play. However, if you're not at least familiar with the Batman universe, most of the villains and even some of the situations don't have a whole lot of back story in game. You can pick up bios and "case files", but that's it. The biggest downside, however, is its lack of incentive to play more than once.

Thank you very much for your reply. It was pretty informative. I figured what I would get out of fallout and batman and your post pretty much confirms what I was thinking.

I am a huge batman fan but I would like it if the said game would last till october. (when I get dark souls ******** yeah!)

I played oblivion and morrowind before I played fallout3 and fallout started out awesome! but as I got to dc I just felt it was a game purly bought on hype. (Also the karma system bugged the heck out of me.)

Anyway thank you for your responce and I hope any and all errors in my spelling are forgivable. I am nothing without my spell check and I am currently on a computer that does not have spell check.  
PostPosted: Thu Sep 01, 2011 1:10 pm
I got myself New Vegas a few days ago and should be here today or tomorrow.
But If I were you I'd wait for Dead Island since It will be out Tuesday. Could be better then Dead Rising 2.  

Jak_McNads

Generous Lover

10,950 Points
  • Partygoer 500
  • The Perfect Setup 150
  • Nerd 50

Si-Shen
Vice Captain

Hallowed Knight

8,700 Points
  • Battle: Knight 100
  • Jack-pot 100
  • Battle: KO 200
PostPosted: Thu Sep 01, 2011 6:17 pm
Can only comment of Vegas and I agree with JB, if you did not enjoy FO3 a lot, you may not enjoy New Vegas. Although I found many aspects more enjoyable, at times I found the world far more empty and many quests are easy to miss, its not uncommon to get a bit gun happy and suddenly see 3 missions you never even had fail. On the other hand, its fun to just poke around in and do some shooting, the story and quests tend to have more ways to complete them. The "end" has something around 4 possible out comes and its not nearly as cheerful as the FO3 ending where you did either good or bad and all was either good or bad. This is some good, some things bad, some indifferent which was a nice change.  
PostPosted: Thu Sep 01, 2011 8:22 pm
ManaxCandy
jaggedbubbles

Thank you very much for your reply. It was pretty informative. I figured what I would get out of fallout and batman and your post pretty much confirms what I was thinking.

I am a huge batman fan but I would like it if the said game would last till october. (when I get dark souls ******** yeah!)

I played oblivion and morrowind before I played fallout3 and fallout started out awesome! but as I got to dc I just felt it was a game purly bought on hype. (Also the karma system bugged the heck out of me.)

Anyway thank you for your responce and I hope any and all errors in my spelling are forgivable. I am nothing without my spell check and I am currently on a computer that does not have spell check.

Heh, if you play games like I do, Arkham Asylum wouldn't last you until October. However, in small doses, it could last you a couple of weeks. You can grab it pretty cheap, so I would say go for it since you're a Batman fan.  

jaggedbubbles

Assimilated Borg

12,350 Points
  • Beta Gaian 0
  • Invisibility 100
  • Hive Mind 200

ManaxCandy

PostPosted: Fri Sep 02, 2011 10:13 pm
Well I went to gamestop and they had only fallout new vegas and dead rising 2.

After a while thinking I walked out with uncharted2. lol

I remembered playing while in the beta and I had a lot of fun.

I am sure it will not last a whole month but oh well.

Thank you

anyone who responded. ^^ it meant a lot  
PostPosted: Sun Sep 04, 2011 12:45 pm
Uncharted 2 was a lot of fun, I have 3 already pre-ordered and am just waiting for it (CE Version... so weak I am)  

Si-Shen
Vice Captain

Hallowed Knight

8,700 Points
  • Battle: Knight 100
  • Jack-pot 100
  • Battle: KO 200
The Sony Playstation Guild

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers