Welcome to Gaia! ::

The Dungeons & Dragons Guild

Back to Guilds

A Dungeons & Dragons Roleplaying Guild - We have many active games, join requests are checked often, and everyone is accepted. 

Tags: Dungeons, Dragons, Roleplaying, Dungeons and Dragons 

Reply The Dungeons & Dragons Guild
~{D&D 3.5}~ Legacy of Heroes [8/8 Slots Taken] Goto Page: 1 2 3 ... 4 ... 10 11 12 13 [>] [>>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

The_Black_Armed_Death_God

PostPosted: Thu Aug 25, 2011 10:47 am
[ Character Sheets ]

[ Premise/Foreword ]
In Legacy of Heroes, our intrepid part finds themselves forced into an ancient war that has once again arose to threaten the world. The party will begin separated with little connection other than your childhood home. The Orphanage of Mother Verilina Sha Siofell Lingod. You will all be drawn back here at some point to form the party, only together can you face the trials ahead and learn of the true secrets of your blood.

[ Setting Information/Background ]
The world here is a place of wonder and mystery, you will find yourself in a realm where the Planes seem to mesh and over lap. Every race can be found in it's grand cities, though after thousands of years of war an uneasy peace has been forged. The Alliance of United Races has near instated Marshal Law over the globe, that which once was has been changed. Mages, having been feared for ions have been reduced to slaves. Their magics drained by the slavers guild and used to fuel their strange machines. The Thieves and Fighters Guilds rule from behind the scenes, there will flowing across the planes. Pockets of resistance, though small, can be found in most major cities and many small villages. Crime, death, pestilence, and famine plague the land. For the Unity under one Rule has seemed to make it only so every one can be ignored equally.

[ Game Introduction/Plot ]
Strange images swirl in your head, though different for each of you the premise is the same. Whether you stand your ground as a valiant knight,dart across the battle field as the nimble rogue, rip great power from the air and use it to destroy your enemies as a mage, or any one of the thousands of other warriors on the battlefield. You watch as you fight your way through a great war, some are slain, others stand over the corpses of your enemies and declare peace in the realm... you awake, the dreams are getting ever more vivid and strong. Your muscles ache as if you were truly there, you may have tried to see someone about the dreams but they could offer no answer, or you may have just been trying to ignore them. As you wonder about the dreams, you see an image in your mind of a place you know well, or may have long forgotten. You feel the answers must be there...

[ Character Creation ]
You will be building Lv.5 Characters, you can choose any race that does not exceed this and any class, just please list your sources.

Available Sources:
I plan on allowing anything, and I do mean anything. Hell, if you want to take spells or classes from " The Book of Erotic Fantasy that's fine by me, I just need to know sources so I can look things up as needed.
Banned Resources:
NONE!!!
Gold:
Starting Gold: 1,000

Ability Scores*:
Roll 6d6 drop the lowest 3
xxxxxxxxxx*
Alignments:
You may take any Alignment...BUT I strongly recommend not taking Evil, as I said. You CAN take it but I recommend you DON'T.
Pantheon:
Any
Backgrounds: Since 3.5 doesn't really have background, I will Bestow bonuses as I see fit from Background Stories.

[ House/Optional Rules ]
First House rule:The DM is GOD...
Second House Rule: During boss fights any none named Enemy is considered a "Mook" or "Minion" for 4.0 D&D, they will have low stats and REALLY low HP. BUT DO NOT BE DUMB ABOUT IT. I had a player in a Robotech game where I had the same rule, he proceeded to comment."I want everyone of your names, so I can flowers to your widows." Thus turned the army of 25 Mooks and 1 boss, into 25 NAMED ENEMIES WITH FULL CLASSES, LEVELS, AND STATS... And the Boss.
Third Rule:If you start quoting the stats of monsters or the DC of a specific action unless you have asked me first...THEN THEY WILL GO UP!
Fourth Rule: If have an idea for something in the story or for something to come later, ect. PM me and we will discuss it.
Fifth Rule
:If you would like me to add a new house rule, PM me and we will discuss it.

[One More Thing]
In this Campaign You will all be getting a Legacy Weapon, If you do not know what that is PM me and I will explain. Also the Legacy Weapon given will be based on the Character, The characters will not be based on the Legacy Weapon. If you have a Specific one you would like then PM me and we will talk, if you have no idea....See above.

Southern Cross Nemesis rolled 6 6-sided dice: 2, 1, 6, 3, 6, 1 Total: 19 (6-36)
PostPosted: Thu Aug 25, 2011 10:55 am
oh oh oh... me want in.... but sadly, I have a hard paper to write. Eh, I will see what the dice say  

Southern Cross Nemesis
Vice Captain

Southern Cross Nemesis rolled 6 6-sided dice: 6, 3, 1, 1, 6, 4 Total: 21 (6-36)

Southern Cross Nemesis
Vice Captain

PostPosted: Thu Aug 25, 2011 10:56 am
Southern Cross Nemesis rolled 6 6-sided dice: 6, 3, 4, 2, 5, 1 Total: 21 (6-36)
PostPosted: Thu Aug 25, 2011 10:57 am
Southern_cross_nemesis

Southern Cross Nemesis
Vice Captain

PostPosted: Thu Aug 25, 2011 10:58 am
Southern_cross_nemesis
Southern_cross_nemesis

Two twenty-ones.... What does that mean? sweatdrop  
PostPosted: Thu Aug 25, 2011 11:06 am
YAY!! A 15! blaugh
...What does 15 mean? sweatdrop

I don't know, I am just rolling to roll... If I play or not is determined by how far I make it on this paper... so far I am 1 page down, out of 10. And it is on a not so well known of disease, the one that ended my mother's life.

Edit: If I can at least make 2 to 3 pages by the end of today, then yes... if not... probably, but I will not be able to start with the others. If this starts quickly  

Southern Cross Nemesis
Vice Captain

Southern Cross Nemesis rolled 6 6-sided dice: 1, 5, 1, 3, 6, 3 Total: 19 (6-36)

Southern Cross Nemesis
Vice Captain

PostPosted: Thu Aug 25, 2011 11:13 am
Southern_cross_nemesis
Southern_cross_nemesis
Southern Cross Nemesis rolled 6 6-sided dice: 5, 6, 5, 3, 3, 2 Total: 24 (6-36)
PostPosted: Thu Aug 25, 2011 11:14 am
Southern_cross_nemesis
Southern_cross_nemesis
Southern_cross_nemesis

Southern Cross Nemesis
Vice Captain

Southern Cross Nemesis rolled 6 6-sided dice: 2, 2, 3, 6, 2, 3 Total: 18 (6-36)

Southern Cross Nemesis
Vice Captain

PostPosted: Thu Aug 25, 2011 11:16 am
Southern_cross_nemesis
Southern_cross_nemesis
Southern_cross_nemesis
Southern_cross_nemesis
PostPosted: Thu Aug 25, 2011 11:17 am
So my ending scores are

The one's I shall use to build something from... hmmm...  

Southern Cross Nemesis
Vice Captain

PostPosted: Thu Aug 25, 2011 11:18 am
Southern_cross_nemesis
YAY!! A 15! blaugh

I don't know, I am just rolling to roll... If I play or not is determined by how far I make it on this paper... so far I am 1 page down, out of 10. And it is on a not so well known of disease, the one that ended my mother's life.

Edit: If I can at least make 2 to 3 pages by the end of today, then yes... if not... probably, but I will not be able to start with the others. If this starts quickly
~{SPOILER ALERT}~

Well, my plan at the moment is that once every one starts through PMs I will lead each person individually through their specific dream where their ancestor got the Legacy Weapon and when they awake the weapon will be with the Weapon in their hands or at the bed side or whatever, This will lead them to the Orphanage at which point we step into the forum. Worst comes to worst you "Conveniently travel off screen" and meet up with them there.  
PostPosted: Thu Aug 25, 2011 11:21 am
Southern_cross_nemesis
So my ending scores are

Would you like me to hold a spot for you?  

Southern Cross Nemesis
Vice Captain

PostPosted: Thu Aug 25, 2011 11:24 am
Southern_cross_nemesis
YAY!! A 15! blaugh

~{SPOILER ALERT}~

Well, my plan at the moment is that once every one starts through PMs I will lead each person individually through their specific dream where their ancestor got the Legacy Weapon and when they awake the weapon will be with the Weapon in their hands or at the bed side or whatever, This will lead them to the Orphanage at which point we step into the forum. Worst comes to worst you "Conveniently travel off screen" and meet up with them there.

razz I had a dm that started a game that way. though, I have to ask, does that mean you will be using the weapons of legacy book, or are the legacy weapon just some thing handed down from generation to generation and some how you keep it, in an orphanage.

If you don't want to answer that is fine. I am okay with surprises.  
PostPosted: Thu Aug 25, 2011 11:27 am
Southern_cross_nemesis
So my ending scores are

Would you like me to hold a spot for you?
Please, If I don't get my quota of pages done by tonight. I will inform you, yes... with a character sheet, or no that I can't play.

I wish I could be more defined, but this paper is bringing up a lot of memories, and half of them are the sad kind.  

Southern Cross Nemesis
Vice Captain

The Dungeons & Dragons Guild

Goto Page: 1 2 3 ... 4 ... 10 11 12 13 [>] [>>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas