Welcome to Gaia! ::

The Dungeons & Dragons Guild

Back to Guilds

A Dungeons & Dragons Roleplaying Guild - We have many active games, join requests are checked often, and everyone is accepted. 

Tags: Dungeons, Dragons, Roleplaying, Dungeons and Dragons 

Reply The Dungeons & Dragons Guild
Crazy Dungeons and Dragons Sessions Goto Page: 1 2 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Raganui Minamoto

Distinct Prophet

PostPosted: Sat Aug 20, 2011 7:04 pm
Best. Advanced Dungeons and Dragons Session. Ever.

We started off getting a bag of 18 magic beans. We started planting and didn't stop.

First one made a blue campfire.
Second made 15 ghost skulls with bat wings start flying around the dwarf fighter's head.
Third was a 2 mile long, 4 foot wide fissure with no conceivable bottom.
Forth didn't seem to do anything till a meteor hit later.
Fifth... spawned a Kender. We attempted to get it to eat a bean, it didn't. Took the bean back and tossed it into the hole. General Rage against Kenders.
More crazy happens, like size changing, elf fighter/wizard becoming a werewolf, then switching minds with an earth elemental.

Then a giant pillar rises up beneath us. Climb down (except the elemental), then zombies appear. Elemental (with elf's mind), jumps off and body-slams the zombies and, with the werewolf/elf (with elemental's mind in it) starts bashing the s**t outta them.

Later, a wishing well gets around to spawning and we get the minds switched back.

The enlarged fighter/rogue tries to put the shrunk dwarf fighter into the well next, the dwarf tells him to go **** himself and reverses it into stuffing the f/r into the well. Size spell ends, f/r falls in.

Dwarf wishes his strength up to 19, cause good riddance (read in a much more angry manner). All the while with the ghost skulls laughing at him.

Dwarf is wearing dwarven platemail, and has a giant's skull as a helm.

We ended the session with climbing a beanstalk after a fountain cured the elf of the lycanthropy.

Any draw (insert preferred thing here) want to try to draw any of this?  
PostPosted: Sat Aug 20, 2011 7:11 pm
At the initial part of your story, my first instinct was to eat the beats myself (at once).

Followed by an instinct to feed the beans to chickens instead.

Followed by an instinct to feed the beans to starving orphans insteader.  

Rain Yupa
Captain

Enduring Member

Raganui Minamoto

Distinct Prophet

PostPosted: Sat Aug 20, 2011 7:30 pm
Look, I tried to feed it to a kender, but it didn't take.

I'm going to repost the post in the first post, cause 4chan threads don't keep long.

If we have any artists that want to try their hands on this, I'd be happy to see anything inspired by it.  
PostPosted: Wed Aug 24, 2011 12:38 pm
lol, you guys will love these ones. ^_^

http://www.ustream.tv/recorded/13840259

http://www.ustream.tv/recorded/13840474

They are from a guy who does this REALLY awesome D&D web comic.  

The_Black_Armed_Death_God

Raganui Minamoto

Distinct Prophet

PostPosted: Wed Aug 24, 2011 1:23 pm
I... don't even... seriously, what is wrong with both of those parties?!  
PostPosted: Wed Aug 24, 2011 1:39 pm
I have no idea, but it's freaking hilarious.

I had a situation in a Heroes of Horror campaign for D&D 3.5, one of the players decided at level 1 he was going to by himself fight the level 30 boss and his 7 henchmen, each ranging from level 5 to 20. They popped into a scene just to say, "Hey look we're the bad guys" and leave, but in the proses got half the party killed, the other half only survived my GM cheese. But he wasn't one of the ones killed, then he drug the party into a swamp of sorrow. Him and 2 of the other four players lost their minds and there for lost there characters and the only person who was smart and didn't follow him ended up with 2 major phobias, 5 minor phobias, and permanent nightmares leaving her at huge negative permanently.

All of it happened so fast I didn't even get to finish my first cup of coffee before everyone had to write up new characters.  

Rain Yupa
Captain

Enduring Member

PostPosted: Wed Aug 24, 2011 3:27 pm
Raganui Minamoto

Good thing you don't game with me in person. I'd fit right in with these people.  
PostPosted: Wed Aug 24, 2011 5:14 pm
I do believe I told you guys about Gonzo the Gazebo God when i first got here XD

I've got more....me and my friends play very casually strict games.
We're on the mission, but we get it done in very questionable ways  

Cute Things In Jars

Anxious Poster

10,675 Points
  • Partygoer 500
  • Bunny Spotter 50
  • Megathread 100

Raganui Minamoto

Distinct Prophet

PostPosted: Wed Aug 24, 2011 5:49 pm
Rain Yupa
Raganui Minamoto

Good thing you don't game with me in person. I'd fit right in with these people.

I'm more afraid that I'd be right in there with them, trying to fight the orcish army, with a wide grin plastered on my character's face while lobbing away with his weapon.  
PostPosted: Wed Aug 24, 2011 5:56 pm
Raganui Minamoto
Rain Yupa
Raganui Minamoto

I'm more afraid that I'd be right in there with them, trying to fight the orcish army, with a wide grin plastered on my character's face while lobbing away with his weapon.
But it was simple answer, Buy one or two barrels of Alchemists Fire and set them off at the mouth of the canyon, or buy a whole bunch and do the same thing but then also fling or drop a bunch of the barrels into the canyon.  

Raganui Minamoto

Distinct Prophet

PostPosted: Wed Aug 24, 2011 6:36 pm
Or just be this dwarven fighter I made once. He had Brewing, bartending, and perform: drunk singing. >.> He brewed up something to drink... instead lit a rag and tossed it over a wall at some raiders. The results were... well, from the sounds, it was horrifying. DM didn't want to give a picture of what was happening, saying it was too horrid.  
PostPosted: Wed Aug 24, 2011 7:01 pm
Raganui Minamoto
Or just be this dwarven fighter I made once. He had Brewing, bartending, and perform: drunk singing. >.> He brewed up something to drink... instead lit a rag and tossed it over a wall at some raiders. The results were... well, from the sounds, it was horrifying. DM didn't want to give a picture of what was happening, saying it was too horrid.
Actually since 2.0 and up to 4.0 they have had a magic item that was a cask of ale that never runs our. Start pouring it over the edge then light it and keep pouring ^_^  

Raganui Minamoto

Distinct Prophet

PostPosted: Wed Aug 24, 2011 7:22 pm
Last time I was in this type of situation, it was at a cave, that sloped down. We scraped together every coin we had, our cha characters did their best to get a few more. And got a scroll of Cloudkill. Had the wizard go use it at the entrance. Since it rolls down slopes... well... lots of death.  
PostPosted: Wed Aug 24, 2011 7:28 pm
What all survived that? A handful of Orc Monks and a template abomination troll?  

Plainsfox

Romantic Paladin

10,600 Points
  • Battle Hardened 150
  • Team Jacob 100
  • Bunny Hunter 100

Raganui Minamoto

Distinct Prophet

PostPosted: Thu Aug 25, 2011 9:15 am
I forget, but not much. They then got destroyed by the group.  
The Dungeons & Dragons Guild

Goto Page: 1 2 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff