Welcome to Gaia! ::

The Dungeons & Dragons Guild

Back to Guilds

A Dungeons & Dragons Roleplaying Guild - We have many active games, join requests are checked often, and everyone is accepted. 

Tags: Dungeons, Dragons, Roleplaying, Dungeons and Dragons 

Reply The Dungeons & Dragons Guild
Hey guys, long time no see!

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

joe-dude667

PostPosted: Sun Aug 07, 2011 5:48 am
Hey people, I'm sure some of you may have noticed, but I haven't really been on all that much lately. Just want to say sorry, and tell you that I'll be trying harder to come online more.

Truth is I've just been finding it hard to get excited about DnD lately. Nayr and I play together irl, but one of the pcs we play with (and have been playing with for the last 7 odd years) has recently moved to Australia, meaning we had to end our 3 year campaign that I dmed, and had to just leave our faerun campaign that nayr dmed. The whole thing just bummed me out. 1, I was losing one of my best mates, and 2, I'd always been playing dnd with him, so to me the entire game itself would never be the same again.

Though I do still love the game, and want to get back into it on gaia. I'm sorry if I've been holding up any games (I know for a fact that the two I'm dming are waiting for my posts).

Annoyingly I just moved into a new place and don't have internet sorted out yet. Doing this post on my phone which is taking an AGE. Though as soon as I do I'll be updating all games I'm in, including shot in the dark and fantastic realities if there's still interest in them.

Sorry for long as post as well, I fully expect many tldr's. =P  
PostPosted: Sun Aug 07, 2011 8:02 am
That's not a long post! Just looks long on your tiny tiny phone.

I also had some of these feelings since as Joe pointed out we were/are in the same situation. Especially seeing as IRL we don't know enough people that are as crazy about the game as we are. We have a new group, but until university starts again, two of them are away for the summer. So yeah I got bummed too, but I think I used Gaia dnd to work through those feelings, rather than retreat away from it. Different sides of the same coin!

Anywho, this is Joe's post not mine and I just want to say.....

Get you bum in gear! I want to play Fantastic Realities wink

Oh and I'll never leave you, I'll play D&D with you til the day I die, just try to stop me! mrgreen  

NayrVentess

2,400 Points
  • Member 100
  • Gaian 50

Arc Vembris
Crew

PostPosted: Sun Aug 07, 2011 8:15 am
You two are so cute together heart  
PostPosted: Sun Aug 07, 2011 2:12 pm
Arc Vembris
You two are so cute together heart

Unfortunately, we are both straight and have girlfriends stare .....Life is cruel  

NayrVentess

2,400 Points
  • Member 100
  • Gaian 50

joe-dude667

PostPosted: Sun Aug 07, 2011 2:33 pm
Although we are taking a romantic trip to Paris together...  
PostPosted: Sun Aug 07, 2011 4:00 pm
NayrVentess

Oh and I'll never leave you, I'll play D&D with you til the day I die, just try to stop me! mrgreen

Likewise. I want to keep showing everyone why I normally don't play paladins!  

Rain Yupa
Captain

Enduring Member

Suicidesoldier#1

Fanatical Zealot

PostPosted: Sun Aug 07, 2011 4:30 pm
Rain Yupa
NayrVentess

Paladins. Are. AWESOME!  
PostPosted: Sun Aug 07, 2011 5:32 pm
Rain Yupa
NayrVentess

also have sword. the last time you missed rolling initiative i nearly killed Dencal.  

SporkMaster5000
Crew

Invisible Citizen

10,000 Points
  • Millionaire 200
  • Invisibility 100
  • Megathread 100
The Dungeons & Dragons Guild

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers