Welcome to Gaia! ::

The Suites

Back to Guilds

The most classy, organised, literate general discussion guild on Gaia, with lots of friendly, welcoming members. 

Tags: discussion, literate, friendly, variety, entertaining 

Reply Health and Fitness
Bellydancing?

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

How did you learn?
  I attended a class!
  I watched instructional videos!
  I have a relative who taught me!
  I found a book with instructions!
  I taught myself with no aids!
  I never learned, and that makes me sad. :(
  I haven't learned yet, and am dubious about the idea.
  I will never learn that!
View Results

Finculmir

PostPosted: Fri Jul 29, 2011 4:08 pm
I am super self-conscious, but I'd love to learn to do something like belly-dancing or pole-dancing... Something sexy and exercising. But being so self-conscious, I really don't want to take a class on it! Which means I can't exactly learn pole-dancing. razz

I checked out an instructional video (basic stuff) from the local library, and even trying it in my living room by myself was really embarrassing! I couldn't get the movements right at all, and it was really hard to watch these teeny, slender little exotic-looking women wind around all over the place when my body is much larger than theirs.

Has anyone else learned (or tried to learn) these sorts of techniques? If so, where/how, and how did you conquer your (possible) anxieties?  
PostPosted: Sat Jul 30, 2011 12:41 pm
I would like to study dance as well. However, I have no balance or sense of movement. I also do not want to go to a class and embarrass myself. If I ever join one, the class would have to be for beginners only. I would prefer to stand next to the person that sucks more than me. sweatdrop  

patcher2girl

O.G. Gaian

Health and Fitness

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces