JYJ's World Tour Concert June 3, 2011 San Jose's Event Center

(WARNING super long fanaccount, it was originally 6 pages on Word, i chopped it down to 4. so if you don't want to read the whole thing, just skip to the bolded and underlined portion, or skip to the summary at the end)

Pre-concert:
After lunch, we all decided to walk back to the hotel (the one where the boys stayed at). I called up our fan friend to see if the boys left the hotel already, and she said they were coming out! So we RAN there (don’t forget we just ATE, and the hotel was SEVERAL streets down). We bumped into some fangirls on our way, and they told us that the employees had to kick fans out and threatened them that the police will come later. Anyways, so we initially planned to walk back to the event center by passing by the hotel (we can’t get arrested for just walking by right?).

(fan encounter starting this paragraph and the next)

Fortunately enough there weren’t that many fans there, and so we decided to stay outside the hotel where we had the view of the valet parking. A fellow fan who was staying at the hotel told us that the dancers will be out at 2:20 pm, meaning JYJ should come out soon. We figured they can’t arrest us for not doing anything, so we just waited. A staff guy came out wearing a beanie, and we all thought he was Jaejoong! Lol. I called him the Hero Decoy lol. The JYJ staff kept looking and pointing at us, but technically they can’t do anything to us for standing on public property. And it’s not like we were causing a disturbance either since there were only like 10 of us there. We would constantly move away, but we always ended up walking back lol. There was actually a mature fangirl, all dressed up professionally. She managed to wander around the valet parking entrance…. since she “blended” in lol. After 2-3 rounds of picking up and dropping off the staff/dancers, it was FINALLY JYJ’s turn (it was 3:30 or so?). Yoochun came out first, but I didn’t catch it on my camera on time since he boarded shotgun seat so fast.

After a few minutes, Jaejoong came out with Junsu following right behind him! We were quite far, so we didn’t really get to see them upclose.
Immediately after, one of my friends and I ran to where the van would exit and turn left (they would HAVE to stop there for a few seconds right?!). We saw Yoochun upclose! But unfortunately, he didn’t even bother looking our way or waving hi. It was pretty disappointing… and we couldn’t see Jaesu since they were sitting in the back. We were all actually really calm too, no screaming or anything lol. I guess we were just all in awe lol. It was pretty funny how in just a one-second glance, we remembered everything that the boys wore.
During our way back, we saw their car again! (thanks to my friend’s niece’s super vision). And we had to cross the street, so we managed to see the front of the car. We waved while walking, but supposedly they didn’t wave back…We were all sad (and a bit mad) on our way back loll. However, we were the only fans there so I feel like we were pretty special, since the rest of the fans were waiting for them at the event center. (And of course, the cops never came, it was probably just a threat, which worked pretty well lol). It was either waiting for the boys at the hotel where there were hardly any fans, or being squished inside a fan mob and waiting for the boys to arrive at the event center. I prefer the first option.

CONCERT: view from my seat
Waking up at 5:30am, stalking/running, and visiting the funmeet made me pretty much wiped out before the concert even started. BUT right when we entered the event center and saw the words "JYJ" on the big screen, I was literally jumping up and down and going omgggg we're actually going to see them!

Right when the concert started, all I saw were dancers. I just kept wondering, where the heck are the boys? I forgot that the stage had two levels, and turns out the boys were on the TOP level. I swear, right when I saw them, I thought I was watching living life-sized dolls dancing. I was just like omgggg. They seriously looked like that to me especially since they were so in sync with each other.

Here’s the GOOD PART. YOOCHUN freaking smiled and looked at us TWICE. The first time around, he even pointed to us. I was like omgggggg. I am just going to assume that he remembered us and wanted to make up for ignoring us earlier. After that, I wasn’t even mad at him anymore lol. Omg I don’t even remember which songs when he did that (but after looking through other fancams, I found both eye contacts! links are posted after the summary below). I don’t care what anyone says, I SERIOUSLY think we locked eyes with each other! I think the Hey Micky song fit perfectly for the situation (Hey Micky you’re so fine, you’re so fine, you blow our mind, hey Micky!) He did look pretty damn fine lol.

And then during another song, JUNSU looked at us! THAT was so AWESOME! I was like omgggg finally my bias! He didn’t smile at us, but he SANG to us loll . Jaejoong was the last one who hadn’t yet and I hoped that he would, but he never did. Actually, he barely even made eye contact with specific fans. But oh well, we managed to grab Yoochun and Junsu’s attention. That of course made our seats even better since we got such a good view (and vice versa for the boys). But wow, Yoochun’s not even my favorite but I think I like him a bit more after this lol. He might have edged up to #4 on my list? Lol. He made so many eye contacts with fans on the floor seats. During Be My Girl, he sang “be my girl” to a specific fan, my friend and I saw that and got so jealous even though he’s not even our favorite! Lol. Didn’t catch any of the three eye contacts on camera. Well I did for one, but I was screaming lol.

Junsu was smiling a lot throughout the concert lol, he was so cute. The other two smiled quite a lot too. I’m glad Yoochun wasn’t as moody. At one point in a song, Jaechun were playing around with each other, Junsu turned around to see and ended up laughing a bit, causing him to mess up a bit in his singing. That was so cute. Jaechun flirted with each other a lot on stage. Didn’t get a chance to catch any of it on camera though. I guess Junsu was the loner again lol.
The main song that I wanted to record was Junsu’s solo, but omggg the security had to tell us not to record… we can take pictures, but not record. I was like omggg why did it have to be during THIS song? I was so sad…. But oh well, I got to focus on his awesome voice w/o worrying about trying to get it on camera.
Birthday boy. I’m so glad we got to sing Yoochun happy bday. Jaejoong wanted to smash the cake at Yoochun, but good thing he didn’t because that cake was given by the fan group. The boys even wore our Micky ears! (To celebrate Yoochun’s birthday, floor seats got free glowing Micky ears, given by the fan group.) Well Jaejoong decided not to wear them. So of course, it looked kind of weird seeing Yoosu wearing the ears but not Jaejoong (were you afraid of it messing up your beautiful hair? Lol), and SO, a fan from the floor seats handed Junsu a pair, which he in turn, placed it on Jaejoong’s head, but it fell off again lol. But that scene was really cute, the three huddled up and hugged each other at the end of the song (with their micky ears on lol, minus jaejoong’s).

For their last song, we held up a sign saying “Kajima USA <3 JYJ). I think the boys were touched at the very end (or at least I hope so) since they were having a hard time thinking of something to say before they leave. Jaesu said something in Korean… and Yoochun didn’t translate… so no idea what they said. I didn’t really seem them cry, but supposedly they did tear up. Maybe I mistook their tears as sweat? Lol. But oh well, I’m sure they were touched.
The concert was just too short. It went by so fast. I honestly don’t even remember much anymore lol. Even though they said they had more female dancers for the North American tour to give off a more “sexy feel” to the concert, I didn’t even really feel the difference. Maybe because I barely paid attention to the dancers loll, was too focused on looking at our boys instead. I hope our fanchants were loud enough, especially during Found You. I (along with the rest) screamed as loud as we could for that song (“saranghae nulsaranghae!”). AND Junsu smiled after hearing us lol awwww. The venue was filled pretty well, I guess they didn’t open the whole back section since it was almost entirely empty. The floor and left/right sides were pretty filled. Yay!

After Concert:
My friend and I knew that the streamers that exploded out during the concert contained JYJ’s signatures on them, so we immediately went to the front to grab a ton lol. The fans didn’t seem to know about it, they were all probably like uh... what are they doing? Taking streamers home as a souvenir? YES we were, but these streamers are special! Lol.

(last fanencounter)
I thought Junsu’s parents didn’t come since I have yet to see them, BUT on our way out, I saw Junsu’s dad! Recognized him in an instant! He was taking pictures with a few fans. I immediately said (in a louder voice than usual), “It’s Junsu’s dad!” That shouldn’t have happened, as that grabbed the attention of everyone around us. My friend told me that a pair of Japanese ladies around us kept saying Yoochun. No damn it, he’s JUNSU’s dad. But awww, my camera was running low on batteries so I couldn’t record. Only managed to take a few blurry pictures of him and Junsu’s mom walking. We (along with several other fans) basically stalked them to a different entrance where they needed to get back inside the event center. We were literally right behind them, but I didn’t know what to say…. Wish I knew more Korean, what’s the formal way of saying dad? I only knew ommo-nim (mom), but Junsu’s dad seems friendlier so I wanted to approach him instead lol (which I couldn’t anyways). I think Junsu’s mom is even taller than me, I guess she didn’t win Miss Korea for nothing. So we all crowded around that entrance since we assumed the boys will come out. Though I thought otherwise since there’s no way the boys would attempt to squish past a mob of fangirls when there are other exits. But anyways, we stayed regardless, and I’m glad we did BECAUSE Junsu’s parents had to come back out! Junsu’s dad attempted to part a way right in between my friends and I, following right behind him was Junsu’s mom. For her, we tried to give her space and plus she was in heels. I saw the front of her face and she looked kind of pissed off that she had to be dragged out of the mob (2 korean ladies were helping to drag her out). She also said something in korean…But omggg, I really wanted to see Junsu’s parents, and we really did! And we were only INCHES away (maybe even CENTIMETERS?) lol. I’m glad my friend and I were the ones who got to be literally next to Junsu’s parents since we’re both Junsu bias. very blurry pic of the parents, right red line points to mom, left red line points to dad

As expected, the boys did exit a different route and we all ran to the car loll. It was a crazy mob rush, and we ended up with nothing lol. They were already all in the car and leaving.
Initially before the concert, when we lined up to get in, we all said we’re not going to spend so much on the tickets next time. But after the concert, no way! I want floor seats again! It was totally worth the money.

Overall, I’m pretty satisfied. The ups made up for the downs. The planned fanchants didn’t go as planned, which was expected since only a small portion of fans showed up at the funmeet. Now I really understand it when fans say you HAVE to be there to know the feeling. Watching fancams is totally different than actually experiencing it. I am so happy that my first concert experience got to be JYJ’s concert. I hope the boys come back next time!

Summary:
• See the boys at the hotel – CHECK
• Experience chasing after stars –Check
• See a red ocean –CHECK
• Fanchant along with fans –CHECK (I’ve always wanted to do that)
• Get floor seats to the concert –CHECK (totally worth the money!)
• Experience a birthday (with the traditional “bringing out a cake and singing happy bday”) –CHECK
• Experience a concert different from the others –Check (the boys wore our Micky ears during an entire performance! Well Yoosu did lol).
• Get autographs –Check (although in the form of printed signatures on streamers lol)the streamer
• See my parents-in-law (aka Junsu’s parents) –Check
• Get eye-contact from the boys during concert –Check
• Get some fan goods –Check
• Meet a new fan friend –Check
• Have an awesome day –Check (double the awesome since two of my friends decided to go to the concert at the last moment even though they’re not even cassies. One of them even hung out with us the whole day just because she wanted to (she has no idea who JYJ are). But after the concert, she said she really enjoyed it and that she really liked their songs. Yayyy a soon-to-be cassie. She got to stalk and go to their concert for free! (Those two got free tickets.))

The 3 times when JYJ looked at us:
Yoochun
1st time: Be My Girl Remix 3:12-3:16
2nd time: You're 2:51-2:52
Junsu
lol you can hear our screams, Boy's Letter 1:45-1:55
(My fancam 1:14)
credits to wave26111 for capturing all 3 eye contacts! Thank you!

You can find all my videos here

some pictures to share (click on the little policeman if the pictures don't show up)
User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.
(^ this last picture made a beautiful wallpaper for my computer)