Welcome to Gaia! ::

RP for Fantasy, Love, and Action

Back to Guilds

A fun place to role-play with Gaians of all ages and skill levels in a variety of genres 

Tags: Roleplaying, RPing, Fantasy, Romance, Action 

Reply U/C
Powers and You Goto Page: 1 2 3 ... 4 5 6 7 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Mahareshi

PostPosted: Thu Jun 30, 2011 5:06 am
The 70's "Let me teach you about your own body" like title should explain it all. For those not familiar with deadpan humor, this thread is about you asking either me or someone else how a power works or should work. Remember, it's all theory and I will be using my own theories here as well as everyone else. Let's try to keep the volumn of our words down. Don't agree, that's fine. Go on living. If you do, then yay!

Also, if you're not sure how a power works or how it should work or just want to run ideas across someone, just post them here and I or someone else will come by in due time. Alrighty then....let the ideas flow! (Was that to loud? No? Okay...we're good. Yay!)

PostPosted: Sun Jul 03, 2011 9:41 pm
What happened to the old one? It had plenty of discussion already in it.  

Zylo Allouette

6,750 Points
  • Conversationalist 100
  • Befriended 100
  • First step to fame 200

Mahareshi

PostPosted: Mon Jul 04, 2011 12:00 am
I don't think it was Arcos's doing, but a mod got rid of it. It was really ghey, but I was allowed to make another.  
PostPosted: Mon Jul 04, 2011 12:17 am
Who want's to get this discussion rolling??? There are so many abilities, we could talk about in depth blaugh  

Solaris Beauty

Fashionable Prophet

7,150 Points
  • First step to fame 200
  • Friendly 100
  • Contributor 150

The_Dreaming_Hero

Magic Hunter

PostPosted: Mon Jul 04, 2011 12:47 am
Well and the discussion was good caus eit named all the powers. Manipulation of fire= Pyrokinetics and so on...

I wonder how shadow and darkness work..are they alike or different? Is it energy or somethign solid? shadow and light how would they work as powers?  
PostPosted: Mon Jul 04, 2011 12:58 am
Well, they're the same thing, except one is limited. Shadows is just contained darkness...so to speak. Like, it's behind a person because a light source is in front of them.

Darkness manipulation, or Umbrakinesis, is, well, darkness manipulation. Depending on how you want it, you can either just control darkness, or generate it and become it as well.

Both shadow manip and Umbrakinesis are the same essentially. The difference is that one requires a source of light and the other doesn't. Light manip, or Photokinesis as it's called, is as the title implies. That's all there is to it.  

Mahareshi

Solaris Beauty

Fashionable Prophet

7,150 Points
  • First step to fame 200
  • Friendly 100
  • Contributor 150
PostPosted: Mon Jul 04, 2011 1:01 am
Honestly it depends on what approach you take with darkness and light, whether you're coming from a scientific point of view or magical.

Scientifically light works on spectrum, normally types of radiation. You can bend light, making things invisible, use different forms of light such as microwaves or infrared,ect.

When it's magical, you can apply healing properties, shields, shapes,teleporation,ect.

Shadows and darkness can be seen the same way. Scientifically, darkness is matter where the presence of light is not available. Magically you can make darkness into shapes, have negative effects, ect.  
PostPosted: Mon Jul 04, 2011 1:04 am
Shadow manipulation requires a light source, The brighter the light the stronger the power. Darkness is the opposite, the less light the more power. The more light the less power.  

Andy _1134

Mahareshi

PostPosted: Mon Jul 04, 2011 1:42 am
I have a magic expert by the name of Chris Shadowheart. I'm the science guy and Solaris is my good friend.

But yeah, Light is part of the Electromagnetic Spectrum and like Sol said, it depends on the approach you take. Science wise, and for the sake of rp ease, if you say light, then try to make it just light. That would include the bending of it, but not over the other parts of the EM spectrum.

Darkness and Shads...Andy, Sol and I covered that pretty much.

Next question(s)?  
PostPosted: Mon Jul 04, 2011 3:11 am
I felt it was right, to have something. That was really fun to talk about. Plus learn something to use for a RP. :3  

Arcos Magna

Scythe de Zaran

Tipsy Punching Bag

24,125 Points
  • Pie Trafficker 100
  • Battle: Mage 100
  • Alchemy Level 1 100
PostPosted: Tue Jul 05, 2011 3:29 pm
What do matter manipulation and energy manipulation entail and what are their limits?

((Edit: Rephrased))  
PostPosted: Tue Jul 05, 2011 8:59 pm
Matter Manipulation entails being able to control the basic building blocks of the Universe. Protons, Electrons and Neutrons. All of it is at your fingertips. The only limit to this power is imagination. (Go look up Mr. Manhattan from the Watchmen series.)

Energy Manipulation...watch one good episode of Dragon Ball Z and there you go. (This is just one version of it though because it deals with Chi, which is what people usually just refer to.)

You have different types of energy though. Basic energy manipulation is very DBZ-ish. If anyone wants to add to this explanation, go ahead.  

Mahareshi

Remijio Mendoza

Dangerous Dabbler

6,650 Points
  • First step to fame 200
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Flatterer 200
PostPosted: Tue Jul 05, 2011 10:29 pm
Just a comment from me on Matter manipulation, correct me if I'm wrong, but it is also commonly used in transformation of matter, conjuring (summoning/creating), and some forms spell casting  
PostPosted: Fri Jul 08, 2011 7:47 pm
What about conjuring barriers? And I don't mean just the solid wall kinds either.  

Ryonara

Mahareshi

PostPosted: Fri Jul 08, 2011 8:17 pm
Chris is the magic guy. Not I. The best I can say is it'll work with Matter Manip really, really well. You can make a wall from just about anything around you.  
U/C

Goto Page: 1 2 3 ... 4 5 6 7 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff