Welcome to Gaia! ::

The Newbie Supporting and Training Guild

Back to Guilds

The NSTG's mission is to provide a safe and educational environment for the fostering of newbies to productive Gaians. 

Tags: Guide, Support, Games, Newb, Help 

Reply ☆ Questions and Assistance
I'm not new but...Profile Editing: Photobucket Slideshow?

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Hit Counter
  +1
View Results

kal94

PostPosted: Mon Jun 20, 2011 3:47 pm
Does anyone know how to add a Photobucket slideshow to your profile?
I'm editing my profile and i'd like to add a slideshow of artwork done for me and artwork i've drawn.
Any profile tips/hints are also nice (:

PostPosted: Mon Jun 20, 2011 4:51 pm
Also...can someone tell me why my links to message and trade with me won't work? gonk When i try to add it on my profile as a "text" add on it only comes out as url text and not as a clickable text? gonk If you can find out what's wrong with my coding, please let me know:

For PMs:
[url=http://www.gaiaonline.com/profile/privmsg.php?mode=post&u=14703204]{Message}[/url]

For trades:
[url=http://www.gaiaonline.com/gaia/bank.php?mode=trade&uid=14703204]{Trade}[/url]

kal94

kal94

PostPosted: Tue Jun 28, 2011 2:40 pm
xxiDormant a n o m a l y
Your coding looks fine, so I'm not sure why it wouldn't be working. Perhaps the version of your profile doesn't support those kinds of links? For example, if you have a theme from TekTek, it might not show up. Try putting your profile back to classic if it isn't set there already.

As for your slideshow, I've never seen or attempted to post one from photobucket, or any other image sharing site, but maybe if you put your profile on classic (or current, I suppose) without a theme, add the "multimedia" or "extra" widget by clicking on "edit my profile", and put it in that way. Does photobucket give you any kind of link for slideshow sharing?
My profile is set to current and i don't know about the slideshow sharing thing but i tried all the links they provided in a "media" box and none of them worked.  
PostPosted: Tue Jun 28, 2011 3:18 pm
Try taking the {} out of them.  

Version Five

kal94

PostPosted: Wed Jun 29, 2011 3:01 pm
Version Five
Try taking the {} out of them.
Thanks but that's not the problem. It works with or without the {} (:  
PostPosted: Wed Jun 29, 2011 3:04 pm
xxiDormant a n o m a l y
kal94
xxiDormant a n o m a l y
Your coding looks fine, so I'm not sure why it wouldn't be working. Perhaps the version of your profile doesn't support those kinds of links? For example, if you have a theme from TekTek, it might not show up. Try putting your profile back to classic if it isn't set there already.

As for your slideshow, I've never seen or attempted to post one from photobucket, or any other image sharing site, but maybe if you put your profile on classic (or current, I suppose) without a theme, add the "multimedia" or "extra" widget by clicking on "edit my profile", and put it in that way. Does photobucket give you any kind of link for slideshow sharing?
My profile is set to current and i don't know about the slideshow sharing thing but i tried all the links they provided in a "media" box and none of them worked.

I looked at your profile and I think I see your problem.

When you're adding text, be sure not to put it at the very top of your profile -- it gets cut off by the header once you save and view your profile normally. Try moving your links down a bit.

If you really want to add a slideshow maybe create a youtube video slide-show and post it that way?
Okay. I'll try again putting the slideshow on my profile..but lower down. Thanks (:
I'll try it when i get time..i have to study for my first chinese test tomorrow D;  

kal94

kal94

PostPosted: Sun Sep 11, 2011 9:27 am
xxiDormant a n o m a l y
kal94
xxiDormant a n o m a l y
kal94
xxiDormant a n o m a l y

I looked at your profile and I think I see your problem.

When you're adding text, be sure not to put it at the very top of your profile -- it gets cut off by the header once you save and view your profile normally. Try moving your links down a bit.

If you really want to add a slideshow maybe create a youtube video slide-show and post it that way?
Okay. I'll try again putting the slideshow on my profile..but lower down. Thanks (:
I'll try it when i get time..i have to study for my first chinese test tomorrow D;

Oh no, I meant your links xD

I noticed that the link to PM you is barely visible because its at the top of your profile. Move that down, as well as your trade link.

As for your photobucket question, I'm still not sure. I don't think they give share links for slideshows.
Oh, woops. Just saw your reply sweatdrop
Thanks so much <3  
☆ Questions and Assistance

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces