Welcome to Gaia! ::

The Henshin Imperium

Back to Guilds

Where the worlds of Power Rangers and Tokusastu (Sentai and Kamen Rider) collide. 

Tags: Role Playing, Kamen Rider, Sentai, Henshin, Tokusatsu 

Reply Imperium HQ
A minor translation question in Boukenger vs Super Sentai Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Mr Jes
Captain

PostPosted: Sun Jun 19, 2011 10:28 pm
Tiina Brown
Mr Jes
Tiina Brown
Overreacting?
This is not me overreacting, i still have no idea how you percive me when i'm persistent while you just seem to want it over and done with.
That's why i say i'm sorry if you think im i'm a pain in the .... wherever.

Also, that i consider something important, that you consider .... a "freakin' small an issue" is not an overreaction on my part either.
And these senteces i just wrote is no overreaction either.

No specific him or her in japanese ....

It do seem, that i won't find the full true answer with less than that a japanese translator explains what actually was said, but i have no idea when, or even if, i will get that answer, so i will have to, dissatisfied with the lacking answer as i am, "drop it" .... for now.

No, this is not any overreaction either, i guess it is the fact that i get disturbed by translatory incorrectness, and reacts by wanting to know how it came to pass.
As such, a simple yes or no doesn't always suffice, but the explanation, no matter how simple it is, may be required, since i want to understand it as well.

Saying I think your "a bother" is an overreaction in my book. Need I remind you a incident a year ago in which I had to take the matter to PM's.

I gave you a simple "yes or no" answer and told you Memmy was male. I also told you it was a simple grammatical mistake on the subber's part. Yet you kept pushing for answers when there weren't any left.

I've taken Japanese for the better part of four years now. And while I'm going this friday for a month, I can honestly and wholeheartedly I'm by no means a "translator" nor an expert. But I can tell you what I all I said was true. In that I've watched the movie and all of the Sentai's that were involved in said movie.

I told you to drop it and that it was a "small issue" because it wasn't very important on the story and you were harping on it to much. When you were given the answer several times (not just from me) you rejected it and claimed it was something else when there wasn't.

Why do you think i might be "tip-toeing" around you nowadays?
I wasn't overreacting then either, but you thought i were.

Since you continue to think i'm overreacting, and keep misunderstanding what i mean by explanation ..... i am seriously considering something that you would probably see as one more overreaction.

I don't doubt you are true, i'm curious about what grammatical errors it was, and not just "it's grammatical errors".

((We've already had that conversation. You admitted to overreacting/being selfish.))
And saying I think your "a bother" when I didn't is both an overreaction and slander. neutral

That's just it, you continue to say/ask the same things. If there's something else, CLARIFY!

I wouldn't normally do this, but I feel I must. You notice all your grammatical errors? Same thing as what happened in the video. Next question.  
PostPosted: Sun Jun 19, 2011 11:01 pm
Mr Jes
And saying I think your "a bother" when I didn't is both an overreaction and slander. neutral

That's just it, you continue to say/ask the same things. If there's something else, CLARIFY!

I wouldn't normally do this, but I feel I must. You notice all your grammatical errors (as well as mine)? Same thing as what happened in the video. Next question.

You could have said "you are not a bother", that would have defused that part to begin with.....

Ok, i will try to clarify:
... Seems i can't.
Seems my skills in the english language is not enough in this case.

Itami:
For the youtube clip, it isn't the translator that said it was a mistake, but the uploader.

However, i will leave this at that.  

Tiina Brown

Friendly Sentai

Itami
Vice Captain

Celestial Sentai

PostPosted: Sun Jun 19, 2011 11:54 pm
Ahh. In that case, try to contact the people/group that did that video's fansubbing if it bothers you why they messed up.  
PostPosted: Sun Jul 03, 2011 12:11 pm
it does not necesary have to be a mistranslation or etc, in many japanese shows male characters are well given female characteristics and titles due to ...well who knows, their kinda weird on that type of things. If meemy was called a sorcerer he probably was one of those malefemale character that although male well you get what i say i hope....
anyways meemys title is sorcery priest meemy, so he is a priest that practices sorcery, that is why chronos called him that... or since there were two girls and one guy it was simple easier to say the 3 sorceres then to say the two sorceres and the priest. plus yeah.  

mmpr

Nadira

5,750 Points
  • Signature Look 250
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Member 100
PostPosted: Mon Dec 12, 2011 1:11 am
Mr Jes
Tiina Brown
Mr Jes
Tiina Brown
Is that a "simple" mistranslation?
That he/she could be mistranslated, i understand, but the "the three sorceresses" thing?
Just drop it. It was a simple grammatical mistake on the subber's part.

Seems i have to look for someone who is able and willing to give me a correct translation of what is actually said.

(I cannot "just drop" things because someone tells me to, i'm not that kind.)
Sorry if you think i'm troublesome.
Did I say you were? No. So stop overreacting.

While I'm by no means an expert, I do understand a bit of Japanese and also know that grammatical mistakes happen. It was series of grammatical mistakes on the subber's part. Coupled with having watched the movie and Boukenger and Magiranger.

FYI, there's no specific "him or her" in Japanese. That bit of knowledge coupled with it being something so freakin' small an issue makes this whole thing incredibly stupid to keep worrying about.

You two make great entertainment.

Subtitles are fun, and not always correct. That's what makes them fun. Especially when they translate swear words, swap genders, or use censorship in one episode and not in the other....

Hey, at least your are learning a second/third language. smile  
PostPosted: Thu Dec 15, 2011 4:14 pm
Nadira
Mr Jes
Tiina Brown
Mr Jes
Tiina Brown
Is that a "simple" mistranslation?
That he/she could be mistranslated, i understand, but the "the three sorceresses" thing?
Just drop it. It was a simple grammatical mistake on the subber's part.

Seems i have to look for someone who is able and willing to give me a correct translation of what is actually said.

(I cannot "just drop" things because someone tells me to, i'm not that kind.)
Sorry if you think i'm troublesome.
Did I say you were? No. So stop overreacting.

While I'm by no means an expert, I do understand a bit of Japanese and also know that grammatical mistakes happen. It was series of grammatical mistakes on the subber's part. Coupled with having watched the movie and Boukenger and Magiranger.

FYI, there's no specific "him or her" in Japanese. That bit of knowledge coupled with it being something so freakin' small an issue makes this whole thing incredibly stupid to keep worrying about.

You two make great entertainment.

Subtitles are fun, and not always correct. That's what makes them fun. Especially when they translate swear words, swap genders, or use censorship in one episode and not in the other....

Hey, at least your are learning a second/third language. smile

Um, thanks? ^^;;

Yep. Makes you start paying attention to certain things more after awhile.
I don't mind the occasional mistake either. It helps me practice. ^^

Second. And hopefully not the last. (^^)v  

Mr Jes
Captain

Imperium HQ

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items