Welcome to Gaia! ::

The Newbie Supporting and Training Guild

Back to Guilds

The NSTG's mission is to provide a safe and educational environment for the fostering of newbies to productive Gaians. 

Tags: Guide, Support, Games, Newb, Help 

Reply ☆ Questions and Assistance
Contest Help :) please (A)

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

What would you do for a klondike bar?
  A little bit of everything....
  Not much really
View Results

andrewbdibble

PostPosted: Sat Jun 18, 2011 3:17 pm
I really want to hold an epically long contest, but the last time i tried to put one together i only recieved like 7 posts and none of them really relevent, so my question is....What is the best way to produce an ongoing contest.... i can purchase really nice presents but no one really looks at it!  
PostPosted: Sun Jun 19, 2011 7:44 pm

I held a contest a while back that had a duration of several months; the only real way to keep a long thread going is to keep it active on your own. Bump it regularly, or have friends stop by and chat with you. If you set it up and then step back and wait, nothing is going to happen.

It also helps if the thread has custom graphics or a visually catchy layout, and if the prize justifies the effort.

Daypaw

Hardened Member

la tapette a mouches

9,150 Points
  • Overstocked 200
  • The Perfect Setup 150
  • Megathread 100
PostPosted: Thu Aug 04, 2011 1:13 pm
andrewbdibble

Make sure it's organized and direct. Make several posts on the front page and turn them into different categories. Make about 15 bump posts, and then go back and edit them to contain what you plan for them to be.
A typical post layout goes like this:
Post1: Introduction about what the forum is about.
Post2: Rules and Guidelines
Post3: List of mods and maybe a black list/white list
Post4: Contests and events
Post5: Links in and out/ sponsors

Of course depending on the kind of contest you are holding, the content of the posts will vary, as will the amount of posts you will need.

Another thing is to advertise your prizes well. Whether it's by putting the name of your best prize in the subject, or having a really nice, decorative layout.  
PostPosted: Thu Aug 04, 2011 1:15 pm
Also, you ARE in a guild full of people that are here to help others, or that are looking for ways to better get situated in Gaia. I'm sure that once you got your contest up and running, you'd find a good and willing group of supporters here in the guild to rally together and bump the living pixels out of your thread.  

la tapette a mouches

9,150 Points
  • Overstocked 200
  • The Perfect Setup 150
  • Megathread 100
☆ Questions and Assistance

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items