Welcome to Gaia! ::

The Newbie Supporting and Training Guild

Back to Guilds

The NSTG's mission is to provide a safe and educational environment for the fostering of newbies to productive Gaians. 

Tags: Guide, Support, Games, Newb, Help 

Reply ☆ Welcome!
Do you have feedback for our Crew? Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 7 8 9 10 11 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Christmas Spirit Faerie

PostPosted: Mon Nov 11, 2019 5:28 am
Thank you JoyRose! You are doing a wonderful job. heart  
PostPosted: Mon Nov 11, 2019 6:14 pm
Esme Marie Cullen
Thx for the fun games in the Halloween event! I took the survey. 3nodding
heart heart heart  

JoyRose

Captain

Helpful Friend

39,240 Points
  • Haunted Haute Couture: Cute 200
  • Attending the Ball 25
  • Magical Gems 500

Darkerdemons

Destructive Daredevil

PostPosted: Sat Jan 25, 2020 9:14 pm
JoyRose

Don't know if this is the case for anyone else, but the home page for the guild has a lot of broken images and links for me.

User Image

Before anyone asks:
- Image display in account settings is set to show_all_images
- I use a desktop, not a mobile
- Images in signatures and forums display fine - it's just the home page that isn't working for me
- I don't think the images are Photobucket hosted, but if they are that could be the source of the issue since Pb is... well.... Pb.
- All the links are also broken, so it's not just an image issue.

Another thought: I remember trying to edit the home page for a different guild a while back and every time I did there was a very peculiar glitch. I can't remember what the glitch was, but since I see the word 'star' instead of gaia_star , I wonder if the colon symbols got removed from the coding?  
PostPosted: Sun Jan 26, 2020 12:39 pm
Darkerdemons
JoyRose

Don't know if this is the case for anyone else, but the home page for the guild has a lot of broken images and links for me.

User Image

Before anyone asks:
- Image display in account settings is set to show_all_images
- I use a desktop, not a mobile
- Images in signatures and forums display fine - it's just the home page that isn't working for me
- I don't think the images are Photobucket hosted, but if they are that could be the source of the issue since Pb is... well.... Pb.
- All the links are also broken, so it's not just an image issue.

Another thought: I remember trying to edit the home page for a different guild a while back and every time I did there was a very peculiar glitch. I can't remember what the glitch was, but since I see the word 'star' instead of gaia_star , I wonder if the colon symbols got removed from the coding?
I've had the same problems. I think it's in the coding.  

Darkness and Wings
Vice Captain

Darkerdemons

Destructive Daredevil

PostPosted: Sun Feb 09, 2020 7:49 pm
JoyRose

x3 Is it just me or did the latest announcement link to the Spirit Week thread in archives instead of the Candy and Flowers event?  
PostPosted: Sun Feb 09, 2020 7:53 pm
Darkerdemons
JoyRose

x3 Is it just me or did the latest announcement link to the Spirit Week thread in archives instead of the Candy and Flowers event?

OH NO!!! I am SO SORRY! It should have linked to the Holiday forum, but I can't fix it. I'll add a link in the Spirit Week thread as the best for now. Thank you for catching it!  

JoyRose

Captain

Helpful Friend

39,240 Points
  • Attending the Ball 25
  • Magical Gems 500

Darkerdemons

Destructive Daredevil

PostPosted: Sun Feb 09, 2020 7:55 pm
JoyRose
Darkerdemons
JoyRose

OH NO!!! I am SO SORRY! It should have linked to the Holiday forum, but I can't fix it. I'll add a link in the Spirit Week thread as the best for now. Thank you for catching it!

No worries, Joy! One of my quick links for Gaia directs me to the guild, so even if I don't click on an announcement or my signature banner I'll still end up in the right place. blaugh  
PostPosted: Tue Mar 31, 2020 10:52 am
I would like to see a role-playing section made in this guild for those of us who like to role-play and the role-plays there would be separate from "The Bar".

My King of fighters one liners RP would be one such role-play to be put in the new RP subforum if its made. The beauty about having role-plays is its different than simple chattering. And... I dunno how many role-players besides Ochru and I we have in this guild.  

empress dee

Skilled Guildswoman

Darkness and Wings
Vice Captain

PostPosted: Wed Apr 01, 2020 3:27 pm
Joy Rose

PostPosted: Wed Apr 01, 2020 3:50 pm
Darkness and Wings

JoyRose

Something I've noticed recently: Is it now mandatory for people to use the coded form for NSTG Activity Raffle posts? It doesn't appear to be mandatory in the past; a couple of example posts on page 1 and 2 of the thread, which contain a post count but do not use the code, appear to be acceptable.

If the form is mandatory, perhaps the instruction post should be modified to make this more clear. "Post your current Guild Post Count in this thread" is the bold part of the message at the moment, not "you can use this form".  

Darkerdemons

Destructive Daredevil

Darkness and Wings
Vice Captain

PostPosted: Wed Apr 01, 2020 4:17 pm
Darkerdemons
Darkness and Wings

JoyRose

Something I've noticed recently: Is it now mandatory for people to use the coded form for NSTG Activity Raffle posts? It doesn't appear to be mandatory in the past; a couple of example posts on page 1 and 2 of the thread, which contain a post count but do not use the code, appear to be acceptable.

If the form is mandatory, perhaps the instruction post should be modified to make this more clear. "Post your current Guild Post Count in this thread" is the bold part of the message at the moment, not "you can use this form".
The rules are clear to use the form. The coding and format and yes or no on the having a signature. I use those forms(Copy Paste) in moving over to the front page. I an't speak for whomever did pages 1 and 2 way back then. But I've never added partial forms. And I know before me people have been quoted to edit forms.  
PostPosted: Wed Apr 01, 2020 4:52 pm
Darkerdemons
Darkness and Wings

JoyRose

I checked it out and everyone but one used the form. Back then there was no banner extra and they needed 25 posts not 20. I add people without the bold or color. It's the information that's needed. Joy can best answer but she quoted last year telling people to use the form.  

Darkness and Wings
Vice Captain

JoyRose

Captain

Helpful Friend

39,240 Points
  • Attending the Ball 25
  • Magical Gems 500
PostPosted: Wed Apr 01, 2020 5:21 pm
Darkness and Wings
Darkerdemons
Darkness and Wings

JoyRose

I checked it out and everyone but one used the form. Back then there was no banner extra and they needed 25 posts not 20. I add people without the bold or color. It's the information that's needed. Joy can best answer but she quoted last year telling people to use the form.

It's so much easier to update the front page post if the form is used. It's not absolutely required but please please use the form!

empress dee
I would like to see a role-playing section made in this guild for those of us who like to role-play and the role-plays there would be separate from "The Bar".

My King of fighters one liners RP would be one such role-play to be put in the new RP subforum if its made. The beauty about having role-plays is its different than simple chattering. And... I dunno how many role-players besides Ochru and I we have in this guild.

We had a role play subforum but it didn't have nearly enough traffic to keep. For now, go ahead and use the Chatterbox for now, and I'll link it in the Sticky so you can find it no matter how buried it gets. Good luck!  
PostPosted: Wed Apr 01, 2020 5:30 pm
JoyRose
Darkness and Wings
Darkerdemons
Darkness and Wings

JoyRose

It's so much easier to update the front page post if the form is used. It's not absolutely required but please please use the form!

empress dee

We had a role play subforum but it didn't have nearly enough traffic to keep. For now, go ahead and use the Chatterbox for now, and I'll link it in the Sticky so you can find it no matter how buried it gets. Good luck!

Okay, thank you.  

empress dee

Skilled Guildswoman

Darkerdemons

Destructive Daredevil

PostPosted: Wed Apr 01, 2020 6:30 pm
Darkness and Wings

JoyRose

It was not absolutely clear that people had to use the form to me. If anything, it sounded like the post count was the mandatory component not the form. I used it because it looked cool - and I agree, it makes it easier on whoever goes through the thread checking to see who posted for the month.

There have been cases in the past where some people found it very difficult to use the code on their device though. It was nice that those users had the option to post their count instead of having to post the code.

I know that I am not contributing much to this guild anymore and I expect further decreases in activity, so I understand this is ultimately up to the people who actually put in time to run the guild. As before, I really should just shut up and leave crew, haha.  
☆ Welcome!

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 7 8 9 10 11 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff