Welcome to Gaia! ::

The Newbie Supporting and Training Guild

Back to Guilds

The NSTG's mission is to provide a safe and educational environment for the fostering of newbies to productive Gaians. 

Tags: Guide, Support, Games, Newb, Help 

Reply ☆ Welcome!
Do you have feedback for our Crew? Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 8 9 10 11 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Ochru

PostPosted: Fri Apr 03, 2020 6:38 pm
People are not replying to what empress dee or I type save for the introductory thread and I'd like to know why?  
PostPosted: Fri Apr 03, 2020 7:27 pm
Ochru
People are not replying to what empress dee or I type save for the introductory thread and I'd like to know why?
I'm sorry that you feel that way. I've seen you both replied to places. But not everything might be seen. And a lot of members aren't on often.  

Darkness and Wings
Vice Captain

Ochru

PostPosted: Sat Apr 04, 2020 8:46 am
Darkness and Wings
Ochru
I'm sorry that you feel that way. I've seen you both replied to places. But not everything might be seen. And a lot of members aren't on often.

I guess that make sense. People are still busy despite how everyone is supposed to be isolated within their homes due to the coronavirus.  
PostPosted: Sat Apr 04, 2020 2:03 pm
Ochru
Darkness and Wings
Ochru

I guess that make sense. People are still busy despite how everyone is supposed to be isolated within their homes due to the coronavirus.
Not everywhere is doing that. Plus everyone still has to work whether it's at a job site or from home. And there's parents on here who are now homeschooling on top of working. Im a mom of twins. We've got parents to kids of all ages. Even members with adult kids. Then those with infants like me and everyone in-between. Some members are on daily. Some get on once a month. And quotes don't always work. I'm sorry you feel ignored. I promise that's not happening. We don't do that here. Feel free to pm crew anytime you have any concerns.  

Darkness and Wings
Vice Captain

Ochru

PostPosted: Sun Apr 05, 2020 8:29 am
Darkness and Wings
Ochru
Darkness and Wings
Ochru

Not everywhere is doing that. Plus everyone still has to work whether it's at a job site or from home. And there's parents on here who are now homeschooling on top of working. Im a mom of twins. We've got parents to kids of all ages. Even members with adult kids. Then those with infants like me and everyone in-between. Some members are on daily. Some get on once a month. And quotes don't always work. I'm sorry you feel ignored. I promise that's not happening. We don't do that here. Feel free to pm crew anytime you have any concerns.

I do understand that not everywhere is doing that and in those places the cases are much higher, but I guess its just because I am new to the guild and am used to people talking with me all the time that its just a little different.

I'm visiting my mom since due to her parents not allowing her to go anywhere but to do the laundry or to collect the groceries that her dad brings to her, she is pretty much all alone here. I had to travel between worlds to get here and it was not easy. Oh, but my mom's pork chops are pretty good these days. She cooks them just right.  
PostPosted: Sun Apr 05, 2020 9:33 am
Ochru
Darkness and Wings
Ochru
Darkness and Wings
Ochru

I do understand that not everywhere is doing that and in those places the cases are much higher, but I guess its just because I am new to the guild and am used to people talking with me all the time that its just a little different.

I'm visiting my mom since due to her parents not allowing her to go anywhere but to do the laundry or to collect the groceries that her dad brings to her, she is pretty much all alone here. I had to travel between worlds to get here and it was not easy. Oh, but my mom's pork chops are pretty good these days. She cooks them just right.
not quite... We aren't because we haven't had any cases. All hot beds are completely shut down. Move between worlds? Speaking of moving, let's move this out of feedback.  

Darkness and Wings
Vice Captain

Ochru

PostPosted: Sun Apr 05, 2020 9:44 am
Darkness and Wings
Ochru
Darkness and Wings
Ochru
Darkness and Wings
Ochru

not quite... We aren't because we haven't had any cases. All hot beds are completely shut down. Move between worlds? Speaking of moving, let's move this out of feedback.

Okay, well, anyway, it was basically all the feedback I had for now anyways. If I had anything else in mind in the future, I will be sure to post.  
PostPosted: Mon Apr 06, 2020 10:21 am
What kinds of things can I say to someone when they haven't followed the rules of my thread without sounding rude?  

Ochru

JoyRose

Captain

Helpful Friend

39,240 Points
  • Haunted Haute Couture: Cute 200
  • Attending the Ball 25
  • Magical Gems 500
PostPosted: Mon Apr 06, 2020 5:34 pm
Ochru

First you were very rude to poor Esme Marie Cullen who was just trying to join the thread. I would like it if you could PM her an apology explaining that you didn't want to be rude to her or hurt her feelings.

It's ok to help someone follow the rules, but getting upset about word games is not fun for anyone. Here's how you might word a future response to a post you feel has not followed the rules:

"I see that you [respond nicely to whatever they wrote]. For this game, let's see if we can [review the rule] to help the game flow. Thanks for your response! Here's what I'll add now: [add your next response that follows the rules]."

Example: "I see that you enjoy oatmeal. For this game, let's see if we can post a cereal you wish was not discontinued in addition to one cereal you enjoy to help the game flow. Thanks for your response! Here's what I'll add now:
I like chocolate rice cereal. I wish they would bring back chocolate Total."

A quick note: there is no way to "wreck" a word game thread. At worst, thank the person for their participation, then skip the post that has failed to follow the rules and respond to the previous post and go on from there.

I have moved the threads and posts that have been a problem to the Vault.  
PostPosted: Mon Apr 06, 2020 5:46 pm
JoyRose
Ochru
Can someone remove the posts that esme marie cullen made in the word games threads of: The cereal game (she wrecked it), AAY liked vegetables (she wrecked that one), and ask a question for the AAY (she wrecked that one too)?

First you were very rude to poor Esme Marie Cullen who was just trying to join the thread. I would like it if you could PM her an apology explaining that you didn't want to be rude to her or hurt her feelings.

It's ok to help someone follow the rules, but getting upset about word games is not fun for anyone. Here's how you might word a future response to a post you feel has not followed the rules:

"I see that you [respond nicely to whatever they wrote]. For this game, let's see if we can [review the rule] to help the game flow. Thanks for your response! Here's what I'll add now: [add your next response that follows the rules]."

Example: "I see that you enjoy oatmeal. For this game, let's see if we can post a cereal you wish was not discontinued in addition to one cereal you enjoy to help the game flow. Thanks for your response! Here's what I'll add now:
I like chocolate rice cereal. I wish they would bring back chocolate Total."

A quick note: there is no way to "wreck" a word game thread. At worst, thank the person for their participation, then skip the post that has failed to follow the rules and respond to the previous post and go on from there.

I have moved the threads and posts that have been a problem to the Vault.

Okay, I'll PM her. I really wasn't trying to be rude. Thanks for the help.  

Ochru

Terrance_Nicolas_Bogard

Skilled Gaian

6,050 Points
  • Person of Interest 200
  • Conversationalist 100
  • Voter 100
PostPosted: Tue Apr 21, 2020 12:14 pm
So far I see that you are doing a great job in keeping this guild active. I enjoy it a whole lot.  
PostPosted: Tue Apr 28, 2020 10:38 pm
Are these two guild banners broken for anyone else or is it just my iPad being weird? (Before anyone asks: I have account settings set to show all images, so that is not the issue.) Noticed my signature NSTG banner wasn’t showing properly for me.

Banner 11
User Image

Banner 13
User Image  

Darkerdemons

Destructive Daredevil

JoyRose

Captain

Helpful Friend

39,240 Points
  • Haunted Haute Couture: Cute 200
  • Attending the Ball 25
  • Magical Gems 500
PostPosted: Wed Apr 29, 2020 1:41 am
Darkerdemons
Are these two guild banners broken for anyone else or is it just my iPad being weird? (Before anyone asks: I have account settings set to show all images, so that is not the issue.) Noticed my signature NSTG banner wasn’t showing properly for me.

Banner 11
User Image

Banner 13
User Image

They both look fine to me, but I'm on a desktop computer so that may explain it.  
PostPosted: Wed Apr 29, 2020 10:56 am
JoyRose
Darkerdemons

Banner 11
User Image

Banner 13
User Image

They both look fine to me, but I'm on a desktop computer so that may explain it.

I used to have problems with guild announcement images on my iPad as well, but the same announcements worked fine on desktop. (Recent announcements have been fine though.) Definitely seems to be an issue related to my iPad. 3nodding

I don’t think it’s imgur hosted images since I can see all the other banners. Weird. Thank you for letting me know it’s just my iPad.

Edit: Adding to the weirdness: the two banner images just started working for me. rofl  

Darkerdemons

Destructive Daredevil

☆ Welcome!

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 8 9 10 11 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas