Welcome to Gaia! ::

The Newbie Supporting and Training Guild

Back to Guilds

The NSTG's mission is to provide a safe and educational environment for the fostering of newbies to productive Gaians. 

Tags: Guide, Support, Games, Newb, Help 

Reply ☆ Questions and Assistance
Quick Links problemo Dx (A)

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

koromyst

Illuminated Star

19,900 Points
  • Pet Trainer 150
  • Hotblooded Hero 50
  • Senpai's Notice 100
PostPosted: Thu May 26, 2011 2:30 am

Koro here. Been away from the guild for some time xD
Anywayz, I haz a question! (^O^)
I've been meaning to ask this in the main QnA but I'd like to post this question in the guild just in case my beloved fellow guild-mates know the solution to my problem.

Ever since the footer option came out in the labs, I've been a regular user of that feature. It was pretty nifty since I loved the Quick Links option it gave out. Back then, it could be edited at free will. I tinkered with it regularly, using it to keep tabs on my item watchlist in the MP. As in deleting item links, adding new ones, etc.

But then Gaia decided to embed it with the meebo messenger thingy, system messages, etc. ...-as well as enhance the appearance of the bar (which by the way, I have nothing against).

My problem started there. I cannot edit my Quick Links anymore! Now I'm stuck with my old item tabs/bookmarks Dx
Is there any way off editing the links? Or at least clear them? Now, I have to use the old Ctrl+D method which I don't really prefer to use *boo hoo*

Just to get it clear, I have nothing against the feature. It's a great thing to have. I mean, it's fun being able to message your online friends and stuff. The only thing that is bothering me is the Quick Links.

Help? crying

PostPosted: Thu May 26, 2011 9:42 am
koromyst
Help? crying

User Image

Common problem actually, and the main reason I still use the OLD toolbar!

Hi Koro razz

Best plan, switch to the old footer, using your preferences, then redo your links, then switch back to the NEW meebo (icky) footer if you enjoy it.

That is the only solution I have heard for it. Switch back and forth smile

Open and Recruiting

GillaGrrl

Beloved Heckler

koromyst

Illuminated Star

19,900 Points
  • Pet Trainer 150
  • Hotblooded Hero 50
  • Senpai's Notice 100
PostPosted: Fri May 27, 2011 8:08 am

Thankies, Gilla! xD
I'll try and do what you have suggested.
Let's hope for the best! xD

PostPosted: Sat May 28, 2011 8:25 am
G'luck!  

GillaGrrl

Beloved Heckler

elyzia

PostPosted: Wed Jun 01, 2011 8:00 pm
GillaGrrl
koromyst
Help? crying

User Image

Common problem actually, and the main reason I still use the OLD toolbar!

Hi Koro razz

Best plan, switch to the old footer, using your preferences, then redo your links, then switch back to the NEW meebo (icky) footer if you enjoy it.

That is the only solution I have heard for it. Switch back and forth smile

Open and Recruiting

User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.

Ohhh, thank you SO much for sharing that piece of brilliance!

Even though it wasn't me who posted the question, I'd actually been meaning to ask that same exact thing in this same exact subforum for weeks, lmfao.

PostPosted: Thu Jun 02, 2011 11:13 pm

Koro back again! xD
Well, this is kind of to report how things went xP

So, I tried flicking on the old footer option. Hit the save button. Twiddled my thumbs. Waited.
Gah!
Nothing... crying

I'm not sure if it's due to me opening a few tabs at that time (which were still displaying the new footer) or that I needed to do a cache cleansing ritual. Or a DNS flush for that matter. Anyhuuuu~ will try an attempt again later. Either way, a huggles for you, Gilla! (^3^) *xoxo*

@Elyzia>
Sooo~... did it worked for you? xD

koromyst

Illuminated Star

19,900 Points
  • Pet Trainer 150
  • Hotblooded Hero 50
  • Senpai's Notice 100

GillaGrrl

Beloved Heckler

PostPosted: Mon Jun 06, 2011 4:21 pm
Bummer, it has worked for everyone else who had tried it, sorry for the bad advice-ish? lol

Get any ideas from General Q&A out there in the forums?  
PostPosted: Mon Jun 06, 2011 5:52 pm
I looked through the Q&A in the public forums for this, and a bunch of people said the same thing: at first, it might not work. You might have to go back to Account Settings and click "old footer" multiple times for it to finalize. Then you can carry on with the process. I've got the exact same issue (big surprise, lol), and that's what I'm going to try now. smile  

Ebania
Crew

Sarcastic Prophet

koromyst

Illuminated Star

19,900 Points
  • Pet Trainer 150
  • Hotblooded Hero 50
  • Senpai's Notice 100
PostPosted: Mon Jun 06, 2011 10:26 pm

Ah! So it's a "Change you freaking footer! Change!" sort of thing eh? =D
I've tried limiting to one tab and tried changing to the old footer but it simply had no effect (TAT)

Thanks for that piece of information, Ebony. Now I know I must not give up! Lol. If it worked for you, be sure to tell, okies? I'm going to have to count my attempts xD~

@gilla>
Nah... your advice was awesome! At least now I know such an option existed in my Preference settings xD~

PostPosted: Mon Jun 27, 2011 10:01 pm

Just a slight status update on the problem. Rejoice for it has been solved! xD
*throws confetti*

It seems that after the Dev Interns' tweaking on the footer (refer Dev notices), my old footer finally came into view. It doesn't have the messenger feature but I'm okay with that since I rarely use it anyway.

Thank you, oh le grand interns! m(_ _)m
You have saved my angsty soul! xD

P/s: Intern dearies... I'm sure you guys will become great Devs one day! (^O^)

carbonphyber
The interns are changing code!
We hired some Dev interns and they just began making changes.

The "Meebo" lab has been upgraded to permanent feature and the "Seasonal Lab" was never updated and not useful so we removed it. The "Footer display" option on this page: http://www.gaiaonline.com/account/preferences/ might need to be adjusted:
"Yes" means the new ("Meebo" footer).
"Old footer" is the one that (sorta) looks like Gaia.

Another Dev intern fixed some of the "report" links at the bottom of Forum Topic pages and some of the common problems for Moderators+Admins. He's working to make life easier for Mods (which means faster responsiveness for users who report).

We've removed about 70k lines of code related to the old GIM. It won't make the site run faster, but it will allow Devs to work faster.

More updates to come!

koromyst

Illuminated Star

19,900 Points
  • Pet Trainer 150
  • Hotblooded Hero 50
  • Senpai's Notice 100
☆ Questions and Assistance

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers