Welcome to Gaia! ::

The Dungeons & Dragons Guild

Back to Guilds

A Dungeons & Dragons Roleplaying Guild - We have many active games, join requests are checked often, and everyone is accepted. 

Tags: Dungeons, Dragons, Roleplaying, Dungeons and Dragons 

Reply The Dungeons & Dragons Guild
[D&D 4e] The Ca-anas Conflict [Recruiting 4/5] Goto Page: 1 2 3 4 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Lord of the Vine

Dapper Codger

7,825 Points
  • Tycoon 200
  • Forum Regular 100
  • Peoplewatcher 100
PostPosted: Wed May 11, 2011 6:13 pm
[ Character Sheets ]

[ Premise/Foreword ]

As the name implies, this game takes place in Ca-anas (pronounced Cay-Anis), a nation known for one of the greatest conflicts in history. The Free People of Hammerfist are losing ground to Al'Jierhan, a militaristic nation hellbent on territorial expansion. This province is also at war with Kal Branniss, known for its advanced yet natural developments in technology. The party will be landing in Nil-Jian, a neutral province, where you will meet with a researcher at the Arcane Academy, High Mage Lomefea (pronounced Lome-fey-ah), to discuss the situation and see if there is a way to resolve it.

[ Setting Information/Background ]

The setting takes place on Ca-anas, an island nation known for its advances in magical technology, but not so much in divinity. There are 4 major regions in Ca-anas:
-Al'Jierhan (Al - Jeer - Hawn), the Imperial Empire
-Kal Brannis, the Province in the Trees
-Nil-Jian (Nil - Zhen), Trade Center of Ca-anas
-The Free People of Hammerfist

These are important to remember (see house rules).

[ Game Introduction/Plot ]

The Free People of Hammerfist are seeking to claim their lands as an independent province in the Nation of Ca-anas. For too long, these nomads have been under the oppressive grip of the Al'Jierhan Empire, which is looking for territorial expansion over the Hammerfist Region (as it is called in the Empire). Nil-Jian, being the trading province, has decided to stay neutral in these affairs, while Kal Brannis is currently at a stand-still war with Al'Jierhan.
You decide the fate of Hammerfist; will it gain its independence from Al'Jierhan, or will the oppressive grip of the Empire take hold of the free people?

[ Character Creation ]

Available Sources: Anything, really. I'm not picky.

ECL: 12
Gold: Standard
Races: Any
Ability Scores*: Just do the point-buy.
Backgrounds: Any, and see House Rules

[ House/Optional Rules ]

Along with the usual house rules, I have a little treat for all of you; as this is my first campaign setting, I'm creating some background benefits for it! Your characters have the option to choose from these if you want to:

Hammerfist - You are a nomad from the Hammerfist region. As per your tradition, each member of this society is given a special item, the Rune of Hammerfist. Each rune has a different property, to be determined at the point of its creation. In addition, while in the Hammerfist region, you gain a +2 to Diplomacy when making rolls to converse with your fellow nomads and to rally their support.

Kal Branniss - Named for the ancient hero who gave his life defending his land, you are a warrior of nature. While in the region, you gain a +2 to all Nature checks. In addition, if you are a Primal class, you are granted an animal companion.

Nil-Jian - While neutral, you know of a great power that could change the tide of this conflict...but you don't want others to know about it. You gain a +2 to all Bluff checks when asked about the secret behind Ti-wott, the capital of Nil-Jian. In addition, if you are a Psionic class, you gain 3 extra power points per day.

Al'Jierhan - As a proud soldier of this province, you know every inch of the soil you are defending. While in the Al'Jierhan region, you gain a +2 to Stealth checks to hide. In addition, if you are a Divine Class, you may use two channel divinities per encounter.

Arcane Academy - While it is in the Al'Jierhan region, not everyone in the academy is from the province. The academy is all about the advancement of ideas, and the improvement of old magic into new. As a student, you gain +2 to Arcana checks. In addition, you are granted Hedge Wizard's Gloves as a free item. You must be an Arcane Class in order to be a part of the Arcane Academy.

PostPosted: Wed May 11, 2011 7:12 pm
I wanna be a deva vampire  

Arc Vembris
Crew

Lord of the Vine

Dapper Codger

7,825 Points
  • Tycoon 200
  • Forum Regular 100
  • Peoplewatcher 100
PostPosted: Wed May 11, 2011 7:13 pm
Arc Vembris

Sure, go for it. I swear to Kord, though, if you so much as sparkle...

Nah, I'm kidding.

But seriously.  
PostPosted: Thu May 12, 2011 12:18 am
Can I join as a Genasi Swordmage? 3nodding  

Sockis

Perfect Genius

Arc Vembris
Crew

PostPosted: Thu May 12, 2011 1:09 am
Dion Necurat
Arc Vembris

Nah, I'm kidding.

But seriously.

What, don't devas sparkle?  
PostPosted: Thu May 12, 2011 7:35 am
Arc Vembris
Dion Necurat
Arc Vembris

Nah, I'm kidding.

But seriously.

What, don't devas sparkle?

*shrug*  

Lord of the Vine

Dapper Codger

7,825 Points
  • Tycoon 200
  • Forum Regular 100
  • Peoplewatcher 100

NayrVentess

2,400 Points
  • Member 100
  • Gaian 50
PostPosted: Thu May 12, 2011 12:06 pm
Im definitly interested in this if you'll have me. The setting looks sweet. I'll have a character creation session soon then come back with an idea/the finished product  
PostPosted: Thu May 12, 2011 12:19 pm
Dark-Hinata

? gonk  

Sockis

Perfect Genius

Arc Vembris
Crew

PostPosted: Thu May 12, 2011 2:43 pm
Dark-Hinata
Dark-Hinata

? gonk

Yes, it fits under the requirements of "anything"  
PostPosted: Thu May 12, 2011 3:09 pm
Yeah, but I just wanted confirmation that I could join sweatdrop  

Sockis

Perfect Genius

NayrVentess

2,400 Points
  • Member 100
  • Gaian 50
PostPosted: Thu May 12, 2011 3:42 pm
Haven't put the character on Mythweavers yet, but just to let y'all know that I have crafted a scary scary Dragonborn Ardent. I made this concept a few months ago and im excited to get to play him ^^

He is 'scary scary' Because he has the Dragonfear racial power, rather than a breath weapon. He has a few fear based ardent powers (like pushing 5 squares on an unaugmented at-will) and his paragon path is fear walker. Also, he has 24 intimidate at level 12, oooooh yeah.

Basically, I am very happy with him. But don't worry , he is also a good leader as he can heal very well, and his dailies give his allies some pretty neat buffs. Also, I haven't written his background yet, but am blatently taking this ---Nil-Jian - While neutral, you know of a great power that could change the tide of this conflict...but you don't want others to know about it. You gain a +2 to all Bluff checks when asked about the secret behind Ti-wott, the capital of Nil-Jian. In addition, if you are a Psionic class, you gain 3 extra power points per day. ---- coz it's awesome, especially for a psionic class like maself  
PostPosted: Thu May 12, 2011 9:39 pm
depending on how many people show interest i have a tiefling fighter who's just been waiting for a paragon game.  

SporkMaster5000
Crew

Invisible Citizen

10,000 Points
  • Millionaire 200
  • Invisibility 100
  • Megathread 100

Lord of the Vine

Dapper Codger

7,825 Points
  • Tycoon 200
  • Forum Regular 100
  • Peoplewatcher 100
PostPosted: Thu May 12, 2011 9:58 pm
@Dark-Hinata: There are still plenty of open spots, so feel free to make something.

@NayrVentess: 24 AT LEVEL 12?!? Good s**t, man. Also, I'll shoot you a PM about those power points.

@SporkMaster: Well there's three people so far.  
PostPosted: Thu May 12, 2011 10:37 pm
Dion Necurat
actually i meant if enough people want in, i'd be happy to bow out.  

SporkMaster5000
Crew

Invisible Citizen

10,000 Points
  • Millionaire 200
  • Invisibility 100
  • Megathread 100

Lord of the Vine

Dapper Codger

7,825 Points
  • Tycoon 200
  • Forum Regular 100
  • Peoplewatcher 100
PostPosted: Thu May 12, 2011 10:40 pm
SporkMaster5000
Dion Necurat
actually i meant if enough people want in, i'd be happy to bow out.

Right; I'm just saying that, for now, there ARE open spots if you want in.  
The Dungeons & Dragons Guild

Goto Page: 1 2 3 4 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff