Welcome to Gaia! ::

The Dungeons & Dragons Guild

Back to Guilds

A Dungeons & Dragons Roleplaying Guild - We have many active games, join requests are checked often, and everyone is accepted. 

Tags: Dungeons, Dragons, Roleplaying, Dungeons and Dragons 

Reply The Dungeons & Dragons Guild
[Pathfinder] Forging the Legend <Closed/OoC/Rolls> Goto Page: 1 2 3 4 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Seph Baelzara

Dedicated Gaian

12,050 Points
  • Beta Gaian 0
  • Beta Citizen 0
  • Elocutionist 200
PostPosted: Thu May 05, 2011 12:44 am
Game thread

[ Character Sheets ]

[ Premise/Foreword ]

Some worlds are built upon chaos and destruction. Others are built with horrors roaming free and wild. Within the pages of this story lies not such tales. Aside from the wars of bored countries, and cultists trying to draw power greater than their own, few have gone any further than gathering up for the final rite.
The world has been quiet for too long. For the most part.

[ Setting Information/Background ]

This is more or less of a sandbox world except for what I plan to take the PCs through. So make it your own! More or less.

[ Game Introduction/Plot ]

While the world has been quiet of doomsday fears, and exciting journeys, it has not lacked local heroes. Bands of like-minded creatures working for the same goal.
This time around it'll work around a number of those whom, for whatever reason, have gathered in one town's local tavern, The Rusty Trout. Named for being located within the semi-famous sea-trading town of Lyesie, and the rusted sign of a trout (the letters long since illegible) hanging proudly outside the tavern's doors.
Local legend has it that this very tavern is where the greatest tales of the sea and local land have spawned. Thus many would-be adventurers come around the world hoping to possibly forge their own song. While for others, this is merely a stop for the night as the crew restocks the ships, or out selling their wares to the number of shops within this port.

[ Character Creation ]

Available Sources:
Full backwards compatibility, but must be cited. Home brew shall be allowed on a case-by-case basis. As shall anything not published by WotC or Paizo. The same goes setting specific sources.
Banned Resources:
Magazines, and cheese.

ECL: 1
Gold: Rolled or average
Races: As long as you're ECL 1 and can work with the party, I care not.
Ability Scores:
Each character has a total of 8 points to distribute among their stats, with all six starting out at 0, zero. No stat may go above +4, nor may any stat go below -4; as long as the total equals 8, it is legal.
xxxxxxxxxx
Hit Points: All characters get (HD*3)+Con Mod
Alignments: This isn't an evil campaign. That said, I do not wish to restrict anyone, but do want everyone to work together
Pantheon: Open
Backgrounds: I like backgrounds like I like my skirts: long enough to cover the content, but short enough to keep my interest.

[ House/Optional Rules ]

1] Any stat bonuses from racial bonuses, spells, magic items, or leveling is cut in half.
For example, a of Dexterity +2, normally. Would thus by a of Dexterity +1. Or an elf's Dex +2 is now a Dex +1.
2] All characters deal extra untped damage on melee and ranged attacks equal to one-half their total HD, rounded down. Thus a first level character would have a total bonus of +0, whereas a 4th level character with a Medium Heavy Crossbow without 1d10+2 before any enchantments, feats, or class features to boost this.
3] Carrying capacity shall be dealt with as if you had the even number of the equivalent stat. For example a +3 would be 16, and a -2 would be a 6. The same goes for bonus spells or power points for spell casters and psionics respectively.
4] Pathfinder traits only. UA's traits and flaws are banned.
5] This campaign shall lack experience. Everyone shall level as the story deems right.

PostPosted: Thu May 05, 2011 3:28 pm
All bow before his lordship, Gallo Pendragon.  

Deadusernamelol

Seph Baelzara

Dedicated Gaian

12,050 Points
  • Beta Gaian 0
  • Beta Citizen 0
  • Elocutionist 200
PostPosted: Thu May 05, 2011 3:32 pm
Never put me on an editing squad for anything published. It'll either never get done, or have more errors than when I got it. >.o
I swear, I think I had to edit that post at least 3 times before I got it how I wanted it for just the first character submission alone. Then once more to change the 0/6 to 1/6.

PostPosted: Thu May 05, 2011 3:41 pm
Ha ha ha. Well, I'll hire you as a writer then. Doing reviews and other articles of the sort. Any mistakes you make will be corrected by some other bloke.

I wonder what to name my magazine.

Deadusernamelol

Cunning Witch Angus

PostPosted: Thu May 05, 2011 4:47 pm
Well, I guess I will claim the Wizard spot before anyone else does. Samson Tack at your service! I will roll him up presently.  
PostPosted: Thu May 05, 2011 5:42 pm
I would like to be a Ranger. Is there a spot open for such a character, or is a second full BAB character not needed?  

Kelsey MacAilbert

Deadusernamelol

PostPosted: Thu May 05, 2011 5:46 pm
Seph and I have been talking about this campaign for roughly a week or so, and I think it's in our best interests if we have a campaign where it's nearly all fighters with no arcane, divine or rogue-ish classes. Then again, he could have been sarcastic then I brought it up.  
PostPosted: Thu May 05, 2011 6:17 pm
I-I-I-O_O-I-I-I
I would like to be a Ranger. Is there a spot open for such a character, or is a second full BAB character not needed?

99% of all routes are open. I've been talking with Jacior and he's going to try and make a spontaneous caster. So with two of them, that leaves every other niche 100% open.

@All:
Pay absolutely no attention to Carth. He has no idea what he's talking about. I haven't talked to anyone about this before this thread went up.  

Seph Baelzara

Dedicated Gaian

12,050 Points
  • Beta Gaian 0
  • Beta Citizen 0
  • Elocutionist 200

Deadusernamelol

PostPosted: Thu May 05, 2011 6:26 pm
Thanks to know those long nights we spent talking under the stars mean nothing to you.  
PostPosted: Thu May 05, 2011 6:37 pm
Dude, I haven't talked with you since you switched your email and messenger account. Stop spilling lies and deceit.

Seph Baelzara

Dedicated Gaian

12,050 Points
  • Beta Gaian 0
  • Beta Citizen 0
  • Elocutionist 200

Deadusernamelol

PostPosted: Thu May 05, 2011 6:40 pm
Heh. You haven't spoken to me when I was using my old email and messenger account. Anyways, I'm just poking a little fun. Calm down.  
PostPosted: Thu May 05, 2011 6:48 pm
Samson Tack human wizard specialized in Conjuration. Backstory soon to come, I just need to find the book I wrote it all down in XD  

Cunning Witch Angus

Seph Baelzara

Dedicated Gaian

12,050 Points
  • Beta Gaian 0
  • Beta Citizen 0
  • Elocutionist 200
PostPosted: Thu May 05, 2011 7:17 pm
Arcanist Angus
Samson Tack human wizard specialized in Conjuration. Backstory soon to come, I just need to find the book I wrote it all down in XD

Public permissions on, please?

PostPosted: Thu May 05, 2011 9:37 pm
Sgt. Patrick Hagman R. Sharpe of the 95th Rifles! At your service ser!  

MT the Clown

Beloved Lunatic

10,125 Points
  • Bunny Spotter 50
  • Bunny Hunter 100
  • Bunny Hoarder 150

Cunning Witch Angus

PostPosted: Thu May 05, 2011 10:44 pm
Seph Baelzara
Arcanist Angus

Public permissions on, please?

Hehe, permission on biggrin  
The Dungeons & Dragons Guild

Goto Page: 1 2 3 4 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas