Welcome to Gaia! ::

The Gaian Polyamory Guild

Back to Guilds

Polyamorous education, discussion, support. 

Tags: polyamory, polyamorous, poly, nonmonogamy 

Reply Gaian Polyamory Guild
Soapbox Goto Page: 1 2 3 4 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

go buy yerself a chocolate bunny
  otay!
View Results

M00nbat

Anxious Nerd

PostPosted: Wed May 04, 2011 8:17 am
Come on in and drop a rant, big or small! scream And on ANY topic!

Respond, or let them fall, heck, ignore the responses if you like! Just get it off your chest! (please QUOTE if you're responding though...makes it easier to track)

Sometimes it feels good to vent.

(Stole the idea from lurking other forums...some not even on Gaia..forgive me?)  
PostPosted: Wed May 04, 2011 8:27 am
*steps up on soapbox* I'll even go first...with a tiny little irksome rant that's under my skin.

"Polyamorists are incapable of commitment" *facepalm* I am usually a pretty relaxed guy, but for some reason, those words in that order inspire a fair degree of rage for me. Even more so when coming from somebody who says they have been trying to learn about it in order to try and understand better! scream

*steps down and dusts off soapbox for next user*
(Yes, I've got a bit of a post in the works for my personal thread, but I want to see how the mess resolves first.)  

M00nbat

Anxious Nerd

Esiris
Crew

Newbie Sophomore

10,300 Points
  • Member 100
  • Gender Swap 100
  • Popular Thread 100
PostPosted: Wed May 04, 2011 4:44 pm
Being Poly isn't an excuse for people to pretend they care about you with the assumption that your other partners will pick up the pieces after they break your heart.  
PostPosted: Fri May 06, 2011 7:07 pm
Saew
Just to clarify this is soapboxing for... anything? Or just poly related to fit the theme of the guild?

Just curious and to make it clear for others if they feel the need to soapbox about other things.  

Pom Graines
Captain

Familiar Citizen

M00nbat

Anxious Nerd

PostPosted: Fri May 06, 2011 7:14 pm
Mameoyashi
Saew
Just to clarify this is soapboxing for... anything? Or just poly related to fit the theme of the guild?

Just curious and to make it clear for others if they feel the need to soapbox about other things.

Soapbox for ANY general rant was my intent (why I posted it in the main forum)...just happened my first rant was also poly-related  
PostPosted: Fri May 06, 2011 7:15 pm
Saew
Soapbox for ANY general rant was my intent (why I posted it in the main forum)...just happened my first rant was also poly-related
Just making sure it's an open thing since Riri also posted poly, wanted to make it clear. It's all good biggrin  

Pom Graines
Captain

Familiar Citizen

M00nbat

Anxious Nerd

PostPosted: Fri May 06, 2011 7:17 pm
Mameoyashi
Saew
Just making sure it's an open thing since Riri also posted poly, wanted to make it clear. It's all good biggrin

Now that's out of the way...
Something you wanna scream at the world about? *hands you a megaphone*  
PostPosted: Fri May 06, 2011 7:18 pm
Saew
It's brewing, not right now, but it will be coming... I assure you.  

Pom Graines
Captain

Familiar Citizen

M00nbat

Anxious Nerd

PostPosted: Fri May 06, 2011 7:21 pm
Mameoyashi
Saew
It's brewing, not right now, but it will be coming... I assure you.

Fair enough, the soapbox is always here for you, and while may not agree, will not hold it against you heart  
PostPosted: Sat May 07, 2011 1:15 pm
Its not right, nor fair for a wonderful man who was wronged by a woman he trusted to not even be mentioned that he was the father of her child at that child's funeral. It infuriates me that I share some of the same genes with the people that tried to sweep him and his grieving family under the rug.

First non-poly rant?  

Digital Fiend

Beloved Lunatic

11,325 Points
  • Object of Affection 150
  • Brandisher 100
  • Super Tipsy 200

Esiris
Crew

Newbie Sophomore

10,300 Points
  • Member 100
  • Gender Swap 100
  • Popular Thread 100
PostPosted: Sun May 08, 2011 2:22 pm
Me being the "House Spouse" does not make my time any less valuable. I bust my butt doing house work, cleaning up after you, and taking care of 5 fully grown adults, running them places because- oh, that's right, you don't drive yourself.

I bust my butt and clean up the gross hankies in your bedroom- and I do the volenteer work that you said you would do- so don't pretend my time and effort are worthless just because you have Daddy and Mommy issues.
ODD =/= Justification.  
PostPosted: Mon May 09, 2011 10:04 am
Esiris
Me being the "House Spouse" does not make my time any less valuable. I bust my butt doing house work, cleaning up after you, and taking care of 5 fully grown adults, running them places because- oh, that's right, you don't drive yourself.

I bust my butt and clean up the gross hankies in your bedroom- and I do the volenteer work that you said you would do- so don't pretend my time and effort are worthless just because you have Daddy and Mommy issues.
ODD =/= Justification.

Amen. heart  

Digital Fiend

Beloved Lunatic

11,325 Points
  • Brandisher 100
  • Super Tipsy 200

Blackrose_Knight

Devoted Pirate

PostPosted: Mon May 09, 2011 8:32 pm
*kicks soapbox* OMFG DON'T EVER PLAN A WEDDING... QAHQYQYQP*OIQEhyr;oiuwehtolugrewpihferiohfgb

*sighs*  
PostPosted: Tue May 10, 2011 7:37 am
Blackrose_Knight
*kicks soapbox* OMFG DON'T EVER PLAN A WEDDING... QAHQYQYQP*OIQEhyr;oiuwehtolugrewpihferiohfgb

*sighs*

*Pets* I know how that is...  

Digital Fiend

Beloved Lunatic

11,325 Points
  • Brandisher 100
  • Super Tipsy 200

White Trash Zombie

Popular Raider

PostPosted: Tue May 10, 2011 12:29 pm
It was only a matter of time.

I knew I'd never be #1 to anyone. I don't know what I expected. But a close 2nd isn't good enough to me.

I really am like a well-liked pet or something. Cute, but not someone to be taken seriously. Easily replaced.

Add this to my ever-growing array of crazy person issues.  
Gaian Polyamory Guild

Goto Page: 1 2 3 4 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff