Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

L Lawliet

Mind-boggling Detective

PostPosted: Thu Apr 28, 2011 12:22 pm
User Image

Yeah, I went there.

I hate Light. He is an a*****e who acts so superior to everyone, from those he works with, to his family, to even his lover Misa. He only uses people for his own personal gain, so I cannot see him in a pairing with anyone, but most of all L.

L is his enemy. We have to remember this. I know it's a popular yaoi-fangirl (*gag*) mindset to pair up the rivals in a series, but it really doesn't work here. We all know what happened to L, and who is to blame. Light had L killed, so where is the logic in making them ******** buddies?

Do not use the excuse "it's hot!". I don't want to hear it. The feeling that you feel in your pants when you think about two fictional dudes screw each other does not need to be made known.

I'm just curious.

Digital Dancing Zombie

PostPosted: Thu May 12, 2011 4:14 am
I can't help but wonder that too. I don't understand the fascination behind putting two characters together just because it looks hot or you like them both. This is one that just doesn't seem right to me, either.

I am not going to say that it doesn't make some sense though.
Were they really on the same side, I don't think it's that difficult to imagine them liking each other more than everyone else. I haven't seen/read Death Note in the longest time but as I recall, they are pretty evenly matched and think alike. (Light won, yeah, but he did have a lot of advantages in the form of the supernatural.)

They don't seem like people that would actually be attracted to anyone though, so I really don't see them ever getting together no matter how many people pair them.

Hilfin

boo133

Desirable Rogue

7,700 Points
  • Citizen 200
  • Flatterer 200
  • Generous 100
PostPosted: Thu May 12, 2011 4:27 am
Light x L fangirls are way out of their minds.I couldn't even imagine L with anyone let alone Light.And Light is an a*****e of the HIGHEST DEGREE!!!  
PostPosted: Fri May 20, 2011 10:49 pm
Basically people want to see what's not there...aka sexual tension. There is tension in the Death Note series but it is not sexual and therefore DOES NOT EXIST. People misinterpret things because nobody reads or knows anything these days. Honestly. Just saying. To start with...if they were a gay couple or had any attraction towards each other in that sense it would have been shown. It's as easy and simple as that. It would have been categorized as yaoi or boy's love. THE END.

Death Note is so chalk full of religious references...it's crazy. Especially in the opening song, the way people are positioned are based off famous religious paintings and so forth. Death Note also incorporates a lot of symbolism from things such as water = rebirth, purification, cleansing. Or how about the stereotypical apple? If you know Adam and Eve then you get my drift. = Temptation. Etc. I really don't understand how people can twist this around and make it purely about sex. ONE FAMOUS SCENE (which by the way was NOT in the manga) is the foot massage one.

The typical fan girl would scream about OH HOW HOT IT IS when in fact that's not the case. ...We all know L is about to die. Spoilers or not you can almost sense it through his depression and the way the scene is set up. L keeps saying he's sorry. HE IS IN THE RAIN FOR GOD'S SAKE. Clearly, there is symbolism to be found in this! If you learned ANYTHING throughout school years you would at least know the basic symbolism for water. L is about to die. He's sad. It's an emotional scene. Light comes out to talk to him...I HIGHLY DOUBT the last thing on L's mind is SEX at that moment.

Finally, the actual massage scene. The giant metaphor in this is that Light is about to betray L. Derp. The foot massage is one giant SYMBOLIC act of Jesus washing Judas's feet before he's about to be betrayed. I'm not even that religious a person but even I know this. I like to actually learn about a lot of things in life before jumping to make assumptions based on my fan girl mind. "Jesus was showing them that he also was a servent. And that he was humble and by washing Judas feet that he had forgave Judas for what he had done. Jesus knew that it was God's will for him to die. And he knew that he couldn't be disobedient." = ENTIRE FOOT MASSAGE SCENE. L is to be seen in this case as an almost angelic figure, and something about to be darkened by sin. Was the water cleansing in the rain any indication of this? Hell yes. He knew Light was going to kill him. He knew he was going to lose. He also knew (and I think secretly hoped) that Light would not be Kira. Obviously though he knew Light was and that he would be betrayed by his friend. L knew his time had come and only had this to offer in return. It's a very emotional scene...I just...can't believe people ever want to twist this into something sexual? Hot butt sex? Wtf. He's about to DIE. =/

I believe that Light was asexual if he was to be anything (besides being an a*****e and using girls to his advantage. It was not out of lust though). He clearly shows no interest in sex and only has one thing on his mind anyway. AKA BEING KIRA. Even if he wasn't handed the Death Note I feel like he would have fell into a normal life cycle but not really been..."feeling it," so to speak. More like he would be watching himself in a movie sequence or just following societal norms to appear "normal," but always lacking something in his life. Always wishing for something more or feeling superior to the human race in some manner. Because even before the Death Note he was a bit of a cocky b***h. We cannot deny this entirely as fans. The Death Note wasn't the only thing that warped him completely. He wanted that power in the beginning and he fell into temptation. Bathing himself in sin so to speak.

L is clearly not interested in romantic affairs in ANY way. His life is his work and that's what he's dedicated himself to do! He does like Light, but not in the romantic sense. I also think it's clear throughout the series L has a little crush on Misa or some sort of attraction as he's a fan of hers. Not to mention he creeps on her occasionally or does awkward things (even if he's professional). In the L: Change the World novel he even has a shrine of Misa. We just don't see the human side as often of L as in the manga and anime. However, even if he WAS gay...it still wouldn't change the fact that nothing would happen. In my opinion he was most likely heterosexual or pansexual if I'm pushing it, but I don't really think he gave a damn either.

So fangirls please...stop twisting characters that aren't canon gay for your stupid butt sex fantasies. At least leave it for fanfictions and what not. Or stick to canon gay characters. Stop being retarded and read a book occasionally. Maybe you'll learn stuff and not automatically assume OMGZ THEY WANTZ IN EACH OTHERS PANTZ SO BAADDD~~~!!!!111

Anyway that's my entire rant. SORRY. This stuff just makes me rage so hardcore. /shot
I could add more but I'll stop there. <_<

Sugar in Lemonade

TheBabblingBard

8,000 Points
  • Treasure Hunter 100
  • Signature Look 250
  • Person of Interest 200
PostPosted: Sat May 21, 2011 6:48 pm
It really sickens me, even though I'm aware that those kind of things are a norm in Japanese culture after seeing a documentary on manga. The thing is with these "pairings" is just that fangirls are simply making dolls out of the characters, taking away their soul and personality - the things that make them a character. It's easily comparable with a little kid taking two Barbie dolls and childishly making them kiss. The fangirls are forgetting the true purpose of the characters of whom they make pairings in any manga, especially Death Note. This is why it really embarrasses and pains me to be a part of the fandom, especially when you've got people from 4chan and Encyclopedia Dramatica defaming you for it.  
PostPosted: Fri May 27, 2011 2:31 am
Hanucia Kolaczova
It really sickens me, even though I'm aware that those kind of things are a norm in Japanese culture after seeing a documentary on manga. The thing is with these "pairings" is just that fangirls are simply making dolls out of the characters, taking away their soul and personality - the things that make them a character. It's easily comparable with a little kid taking two Barbie dolls and childishly making them kiss. The fangirls are forgetting the true purpose of the characters of whom they make pairings in any manga, especially Death Note. This is why it really embarrasses and pains me to be a part of the fandom, especially when you've got people from 4chan and Encyclopedia Dramatica defaming you for it.

This. So much. I am entirely fine with actual CANON stuff too but the problem is it's not canon. Fans should not twist it to how they see fit or roleplay a character that way either. It really does injustice to the character and creator themselves and makes me a sad panda. I mean, fanfictions and what not I can understand...but portraying a character is an art in a sense. I guess I make it seem like srs business but when I see a character I adore being stripped of personality in manner. It annoys me to no end. :/  

Sugar in Lemonade

L Lawliet

Mind-boggling Detective

PostPosted: Sun May 29, 2011 12:01 pm
Sugar in Lemonade
Basically people want to see what's not there...aka sexual tension. There is tension in the Death Note series but it is not sexual and therefore DOES NOT EXIST. People misinterpret things because nobody reads or knows anything these days. Honestly. Just saying. To start with...if they were a gay couple or had any attraction towards each other in that sense it would have been shown. It's as easy and simple as that. It would have been categorized as yaoi or boy's love. THE END.

Death Note is so chalk full of religious references...it's crazy. Especially in the opening song, the way people are positioned are based off famous religious paintings and so forth. Death Note also incorporates a lot of symbolism from things such as water = rebirth, purification, cleansing. Or how about the stereotypical apple? If you know Adam and Eve then you get my drift. = Temptation. Etc. I really don't understand how people can twist this around and make it purely about sex. ONE FAMOUS SCENE (which by the way was NOT in the manga) is the foot massage one.

The typical fan girl would scream about OH HOW HOT IT IS when in fact that's not the case. ...We all know L is about to die. Spoilers or not you can almost sense it through his depression and the way the scene is set up. L keeps saying he's sorry. HE IS IN THE RAIN FOR GOD'S SAKE. Clearly, there is symbolism to be found in this! If you learned ANYTHING throughout school years you would at least know the basic symbolism for water. L is about to die. He's sad. It's an emotional scene. Light comes out to talk to him...I HIGHLY DOUBT the last thing on L's mind is SEX at that moment.

Finally, the actual massage scene. The giant metaphor in this is that Light is about to betray L. Derp. The foot massage is one giant SYMBOLIC act of Jesus washing Judas's feet before he's about to be betrayed. I'm not even that religious a person but even I know this. I like to actually learn about a lot of things in life before jumping to make assumptions based on my fan girl mind. "Jesus was showing them that he also was a servent. And that he was humble and by washing Judas feet that he had forgave Judas for what he had done. Jesus knew that it was God's will for him to die. And he knew that he couldn't be disobedient." = ENTIRE FOOT MASSAGE SCENE. L is to be seen in this case as an almost angelic figure, and something about to be darkened by sin. Was the water cleansing in the rain any indication of this? Hell yes. He knew Light was going to kill him. He knew he was going to lose. He also knew (and I think secretly hoped) that Light would not be Kira. Obviously though he knew Light was and that he would be betrayed by his friend. L knew his time had come and only had this to offer in return. It's a very emotional scene...I just...can't believe people ever want to twist this into something sexual? Hot butt sex? Wtf. He's about to DIE. =/

I believe that Light was asexual if he was to be anything (besides being an a*****e and using girls to his advantage. It was not out of lust though). He clearly shows no interest in sex and only has one thing on his mind anyway. AKA BEING KIRA. Even if he wasn't handed the Death Note I feel like he would have fell into a normal life cycle but not really been..."feeling it," so to speak. More like he would be watching himself in a movie sequence or just following societal norms to appear "normal," but always lacking something in his life. Always wishing for something more or feeling superior to the human race in some manner. Because even before the Death Note he was a bit of a cocky b***h. We cannot deny this entirely as fans. The Death Note wasn't the only thing that warped him completely. He wanted that power in the beginning and he fell into temptation. Bathing himself in sin so to speak.

L is clearly not interested in romantic affairs in ANY way. His life is his work and that's what he's dedicated himself to do! He does like Light, but not in the romantic sense. I also think it's clear throughout the series L has a little crush on Misa or some sort of attraction as he's a fan of hers. Not to mention he creeps on her occasionally or does awkward things (even if he's professional). In the L: Change the World novel he even has a shrine of Misa. We just don't see the human side as often of L as in the manga and anime. However, even if he WAS gay...it still wouldn't change the fact that nothing would happen. In my opinion he was most likely heterosexual or pansexual if I'm pushing it, but I don't really think he gave a damn either.

So fangirls please...stop twisting characters that aren't canon gay for your stupid butt sex fantasies. At least leave it for fanfictions and what not. Or stick to canon gay characters. Stop being retarded and read a book occasionally. Maybe you'll learn stuff and not automatically assume OMGZ THEY WANTZ IN EACH OTHERS PANTZ SO BAADDD~~~!!!!111

Anyway that's my entire rant. SORRY. This stuff just makes me rage so hardcore. /shot
I could add more but I'll stop there. <_<
I agree with all of this and I am so happy other people think the way I do. I mean, sure, seeing attractive characters in a romantic relationship is nice, and making fanfics of non-cannon ones are fine in order to convey roads not followed in the series. But the people who see nothing in Death Note other than Light/L is just sick. It makes me yearn for the days when the manga had just ended and there wasn't an anime, back when there were (for lack of better word) smarter fans.  
PostPosted: Mon May 30, 2011 12:47 pm
Quote:
I agree with all of this and I am so happy other people think the way I do. I mean, sure, seeing attractive characters in a romantic relationship is nice, and making fanfics of non-cannon ones are fine in order to convey roads not followed in the series. But the people who see nothing in Death Note other than Light/L is just sick. It makes me yearn for the days when the manga had just ended and there wasn't an anime, back when there were (for lack of better word) smarter fans.

<3333
I know, right? Ugh. Usually when it's made into an anime or dubbed...it'll get raped by fans in this sense. It's just disappointing that probably 90% of the people only like Death Note for the "yaoi" aspect that's not even there to begin with. That is not the point of the story and it's so much more in depth then that. The whole idea of sex just being thrown around these days like it's THE BEST THING EVARRR!!111 is ridiculous but another topic to argue I guess. =__=; Either way L x Light = goes against every fiber of their being. Nothing in their personality suggests this would ever happen.
Exactly. D; Fanfics let people do whatever. (Although, even those generally tend to go super OOC even if the idea of itself is OOC.) There are some wonderful series out there with actual canon romances that have a great story. Mirai Nikki is an example. The character Akise loves Yukiteru but Yukiteru doesn't return his feelings. However, the way the love is represented isn't in a fully sexual manner. It's just that nice romantic dedication but I imagine fan girls are like LOLOLOBUTTSEX too. I don't know it's like...can't people see the emotional aspect anymore? Has that all been lost? .__.
The next fandom that's been killed is Durarara because everyone loves to pair Izaya and Shizuo, even though you know...they sort of hate each other. Apparently hate = buttsex in the fan girl world though. I agree they have some sort of attraction to each other, but not in the sexual sense. More like they could not thrive without the other because it's kind of a sick obsession. However, I think if Izaya or Shizuo would rather die first then ever have sex with the other. Their sexualities are a whole other rambling story but...
IN CONCLUSION. I agree. Seeing attractive characters is nice and people can do what they want with fanfics. Except, people need to really not focus on things that don't exist, look past the sexual aspects, and appreciate the characters and story for who and what is it. sad Personally, I get pretty bored with anything that's just about SEX, SEX, SEX. I like plot. Bl

Sugar in Lemonade

TheBabblingBard

8,000 Points
  • Treasure Hunter 100
  • Signature Look 250
  • Person of Interest 200
PostPosted: Mon Jun 06, 2011 10:44 pm
Sugar in Lemonade
Quote:

<3333
I know, right? Ugh. Usually when it's made into an anime or dubbed...it'll get raped by fans in this sense. It's just disappointing that probably 90% of the people only like Death Note for the "yaoi" aspect that's not even there to begin with. That is not the point of the story and it's so much more in depth then that. The whole idea of sex just being thrown around these days like it's THE BEST THING EVARRR!!111 is ridiculous but another topic to argue I guess. =__=; Either way L x Light = goes against every fiber of their being. Nothing in their personality suggests this would ever happen.
Exactly. D; Fanfics let people do whatever. (Although, even those generally tend to go super OOC even if the idea of itself is OOC.) There are some wonderful series out there with actual canon romances that have a great story. Mirai Nikki is an example. The character Akise loves Yukiteru but Yukiteru doesn't return his feelings. However, the way the love is represented isn't in a fully sexual manner. It's just that nice romantic dedication but I imagine fan girls are like LOLOLOBUTTSEX too. I don't know it's like...can't people see the emotional aspect anymore? Has that all been lost? .__.
The next fandom that's been killed is Durarara because everyone loves to pair Izaya and Shizuo, even though you know...they sort of hate each other. Apparently hate = buttsex in the fan girl world though. I agree they have some sort of attraction to each other, but not in the sexual sense. More like they could not thrive without the other because it's kind of a sick obsession. However, I think if Izaya or Shizuo would rather die first then ever have sex with the other. Their sexualities are a whole other rambling story but...
IN CONCLUSION. I agree. Seeing attractive characters is nice and people can do what they want with fanfics. Except, people need to really not focus on things that don't exist, look past the sexual aspects, and appreciate the characters and story for who and what is it. sad Personally, I get pretty bored with anything that's just about SEX, SEX, SEX. I like plot. Bl

As a fanfic writer, I completely agree with your statement. The particular genre of writing has itself been defamed by the countless fangirls who create Mary Sue characters that fap to canon characters. This is actually why I don't like most romance movies or books, because the majority of them would contain smut in them. I don't mean to be conservative or anything, but it just annoys me that people associate love with sex, and make that the top priority, just to relieve their inner tensions.

Also, what you said about series other than Death Note that are being yaoi-fied, I have the same problem with Fullmetal Alchemist and the RoyxEd or even worse, ScarxKimblee pairings. Some people just go all out on those. For example, there's an artist on deviantART named garikaliev whose gallery consists majorly out of older men yaoi images, that are actually very well-drawn. It's simply the subject matter that makes me want to take a shower right after. Some of her (I'm guessing o.O) images are very graphic, and those are the ones that are submitted most often into the FMA groups that I follow.

Okay, I'm done with that rant now. But seriously, as if Tara Gilesbie's My Immortal wasn't enough to ******** up the fanbases in which we take our pride as artists, we've got unprofessional and sexually socially insecure girls aged 14-mid 20's making it all worse. No wonder there are counter groups like the Anti-Anime sprouting up in North America. One of my acquaintances has the misfortune of being the child of a member of that group.

PostPosted: Mon Jun 06, 2011 11:28 pm
"He put his sex in his sex and they had sex"?  

H3lblad3

Amorous Flatterer

13,400 Points
  • Object of Affection 150
  • Love Machine 150
  • Elocutionist 200
L Yaoi and Shounen ai

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items