Welcome to Gaia! ::

Green; The Eco Guild [LARGEST ON GAIA!]

Back to Guilds

If you love the earth, and want to be part of a group with the same ideals, this is the guild for you! 

Tags: Ecosystem, green, earth, water, clean 

Reply 5:: Topic: Resources.
The internet pollutes more than india?

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Sakakikala
Crew

4,550 Points
  • Gaian 50
  • Person of Interest 200
  • Citizen 200
PostPosted: Mon Apr 25, 2011 6:57 am
I read this earth day, then because of the lack of activity, and the fat it feels like im the ONLY ONE POSTING HERE, means maybe someone will read, respond, and perhaps post something else *LIKE THEY SHOULD! D:<*

http://www.escapistmagazine.com/news/view/109505-The-Internet-Pollutes-the-Atmosphere-More-Than-India-Says-Greenpeace  
PostPosted: Mon Apr 25, 2011 10:42 am
Hey! I post too!

It actually doesn't surprise me because I've read a bit into this, but it is a huge issue and it's also completely absurd. I was hanging out with a friend of mine and we were watching a few videos. It's absolutely nuts the extent to which we go for it. Same goes for wireless internet. We literally build sattelites and launch them into orbit so they can beam information down to earth (in the process creating a lot of space pollution that will eventually come back to earth) so we can use it for s**t like watching silly videos, and on the other side we do this.
The internet is hugely overused. I would question both the source of energy as well as the necessity for it in most people's lives. Right now both are too ridiculous.  

Figuren

Sakakikala
Crew

4,550 Points
  • Gaian 50
  • Person of Interest 200
  • Citizen 200
PostPosted: Thu Apr 28, 2011 8:18 am
very true. :3  
5:: Topic: Resources.

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff