BEST toys!

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Gabrielle_AnimalLuver
Crew

PostPosted: Sat Apr 23, 2011 7:44 am
My ratties don't seem to be much for "playing" I've tried cat toys, they hoard them but don't really play with em. Running wheels, well I haven't spent the money cause I know Aida isn't into them her foster moma told me. Not sure about Blaze. Anyway, I found that one cat toy that did work is the ball you fill with treats and as they roll they come out. At least it gives them something to DO. But, I can't be giving them a big ball full a treats each day. I wanna know what great toys might really entertain them. Let's not worry about price for now. Maybe some of those hanging bird toys? They could chew on them?

Also been thinking about my kitty, who is a bit picky about his toys. He generally doesn't play alone. Unless it's 3am and he's in my room, then he'll storm around my room chasing a piece of paper. stare Anywho, I've spent lots of money on toys he either didn't like or lost interest in quickly.

My biggest successes have been his Zurgo ribbon, his Turbo ball track (didn't have vid of Rascal so have a random kitten) and his spongy/bouncy ball. Thankfully he loves his handmade scratch post too.

I want to try the fling-a-ma string, I think rascal might actually go for it.

What are your guys favorite toys? What toys do you want to get them?  
PostPosted: Sat Apr 23, 2011 10:57 am
plastic ring around the milk jug,they love them (cats). my girls also really love hard plastic cat balls with bells inside.  

Cowgirl-with-heart

Friendly Nerd

5,650 Points
  • Friendly 100
  • Pie Hoarder by Proxy 150
  • Treasure Hunter 100

Azusanga

PostPosted: Sat Apr 23, 2011 6:04 pm
Ze cat adores playing with pieces of string. Wether they're moving or not does not matter in the slightest. Her favorite, though, is the milk jug ring. She loves those accursed things, she enjoys getting her paw stuck in it *-*

The rodents all love food toys. Try making puzzles with fresh food. Birds are notoriously smart, so any puzzle made for them will surely entice a pair of rats.  
PostPosted: Sat Apr 23, 2011 6:22 pm
Ferts- cardboard boxes and pipes will keep them entertained the entire time they are awake.

Rushie dog- Any soft toy, especially if it has a squeaker. She loves her Kong Snuggawubbas. She has a springpole on the tree in the yard also and enjoys swinging from that. Goes nuts if I get the flirt pole out, good way to tire her out quickly.

Marten rabbit- doesn't really play with toys. He likes to race around the room like a mad thing doing big high leaps into the air. Then he'll come back, stare me in the eye for 30 seconds before racing off again.  

Skeksis

Vanilla eXee

6,500 Points
  • Elocutionist 200
  • Risky Lifestyle 100
  • Popular Thread 100
PostPosted: Sat Apr 23, 2011 6:25 pm

I used to like giving snowball walnuts and almonds in the shell. It would take her a while to get through them to the nut, so that was something fun.

For my peeps, I got Sugar a little catnip stuffed frog when we moved here, she loves it even though the catnip is probably washed out because Blue likes to sneak inn and steal it from her so I always have to wash the dirt and dog drool off. She's not really a play by herself cat either but sometimes I find her playing with it on her own.

Lazy doesn't really play, but she likes to climb and take baths so I build stuff for her and she has a nice big water dish. Sometimes I put her food out of reach and she has to figure out how to climb up and get it.

I am trying to get my chickens to play with stuff because they seem bored. I gave them an empty cereal box and they freaked out! It was so funny, they ran to one end of the kennel and started yelling at it. Then they got brave, walked over to it, sat down and stared at it all wide eyed for a little while. When it wasn't new anymore they ignored it and went back to eating.

PostPosted: Mon Apr 25, 2011 12:19 am
Sparky dog - Any soft toy. Sqeakers are a plus! He's fav. right now is a big pink fluffy ball, that he seems to think is a good humping size as well -_-

Deedee dog - Sparkys KONG (Her tiny senior one is to small for her, but I want to get her one Sparkys size but senier version.

Guinea piggles- Brown paper bag. They are SO hard to entertain  

DeeSpark

Pets & Animals Main Forum

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces