Yesterday was a bad day.

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

SmoothSavage

Eloquent Gawker

PostPosted: Sun Apr 17, 2011 8:44 am
I am hoping today does not go as horribly as yesterday.

Friday night, I decided to switch Kiss and Ms. Banana's living situation. Kiss was hiding in his caves almost 100% of the time in the 5 gallon, barely even coming out to eat. I wanted to try him on Banana's side of the divided 14, since its got a hide and some awesome cover from hornwort. I thought he might be more comfortable if he could feel he was hiding even when out of the caves.

Woke up yesterday and Double had apparently decided that while Banana was acceptable, Kiss was not, and had gotten over to his side of the tank and ripped him up pretty bad. I'm still not sure how he did it- the divider went almost all the way to the lid, there was barely enough room to squeeze a fish through at the top, let alone squeeze a fish through after a couple inch jump.

Sooo I moved Double over to a 2.5 gallon temporarily, and decided I could just get yet ANOTHER tank after work, and either Kiss or Double could go in that one after its cycled. I don't want to risk another incident. If that had been Banana, the damage would have been a lot worse, since she's pretty damn aggressive. Kiss is doing okay, thankfully only his fins were ripped, not any of his scales. And my plan did work, he's out and about a lot more hiding in the plants.

Go to work, go home and get the dogs, march down to Petco, and buy a tank- ended up with a 10 gallon setup because it was actually about $20 cheaper than the 5 gallon setup, go figure. Go back home, put the tank where its gonna go, grab a bucket and the flourite so I can take it out and rinse it before it goes in the tank. I'm putting on my boots when I notice a huge bald patch, a little bigger than quarter size, on Riddle's neck, which she had NOT had just a little earlier when, you know, I put a collar on her.

The patch was bright red with two raised, even more red bumps in the center. It was VERY weird looking, so of course I freaked out. My friend came over to look, and by the time she got here Riddle was getting hives all over her body. We could literally look one place, move on to the next, and look back at the first place and there'd be new hives.

We think she got bitten by spider. We shoved a couple Benadryl in her right away, and so far the hives and original spot haven't gotten worse. Her temp was normal and she was acting fine, but she seriously had hives all over her body. I stayed up almost all night with her, paranoid that something bad was going to happen. So of course she slept like a baby all night, and I stayed up all red-eyed and dizzy tired.

Not looking forward to dragging myself to work today.  
PostPosted: Sun Apr 17, 2011 2:57 pm
Oh my gosh Savage that sounds horrible gonk I'm glad to hear no one is too bad off poor Kiss and Riddle. And damn those escape artists like your Double. xD'

I hope today is better for you 3nodding And here s little something to help:

This image made me lol
User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.

hiysinphlay

Vanilla eXee

6,500 Points
  • Elocutionist 200
  • Risky Lifestyle 100
  • Popular Thread 100
PostPosted: Sun Apr 17, 2011 3:59 pm
I'm so sorry about Riddle, how is she doing this morning? The fish thing couldn't have been helped, they are tricky little devils when it comes to escaping. Some salt will help his wounds from getting infected, but you've probably already done that.  
PostPosted: Sun Apr 17, 2011 7:01 pm
ugh, poor you, but hearing this makes me wana hurry up and finish my first aid kit, I still haven't picked up the benadryl. The charcoal already came in handy when my dad went and fed Cowboy grapes, and his anti-inflamatory chinese herb pills are actually quite awesome, I sort of um...tried them lol.  

Gabrielle_AnimalLuver
Crew

DeeSpark

PostPosted: Sun Apr 17, 2011 7:09 pm
Wow, you must be exhausted by now. Heres hoping today isn't to stressful  
PostPosted: Sun Apr 17, 2011 7:09 pm
Riddle seems to be doing fine today. She's still got some hives and bumps, but she's still acting normal and they haven't gotten any worse.

I just really wish I could catch a break!  

SmoothSavage

Eloquent Gawker

Pets & Animals Main Forum

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces