Reply Pets & Animals Main Forum
I got some new additions! *with Pictures*

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

CrissAngelLover12345

PostPosted: Sat Apr 16, 2011 10:50 am
I just got back from the fish store! I picked up an albino bristlenose pleco, 4 swordtails, and a betta to start off with. biggrin I'll take pictures of them once they're all the way in the tank. I'll also post them when I get a chance. biggrin They are currently in the acclimation stage. biggrin

Edit: I have now added them to the tank. Here's some pictures:

Here's one of the male Swordfish and one of the female Swordfish:

User Image

Here's the Pleco (It's a baby. biggrin ):

User Image

User Image

Here's the Betta:

User Image

The other female Swordfish:

User Image

All the Swordfish together:

User Image

It was difficult getting pictures of the Pleco, as it didn't want to stay still for long lol (not sure if it's a male or female yet). The other male swordfish didn't seem to want his picture taken, lol. I'll get a picture of him later. ^_^  
PostPosted: Sat Apr 16, 2011 2:50 pm
awww, I want a pleco! *sigh* no fish for me for a while. Need to get rid of debt and invest in the animals I already have before getting back into that. I'm putting a spider plant where my friend's borrowed tank and sushi use to be, it's so empty crying  

Gabrielle_AnimalLuver
Crew

pompoennetje

PostPosted: Sat Apr 16, 2011 4:12 pm
Looks really pretty!  
PostPosted: Sat Apr 16, 2011 4:31 pm
Very nice!!!Love the pleco. I have a male and a female bn. The male brown, female albino. I love them to pieces.  

Vanilla eXee

6,500 Points
  • Elocutionist 200
  • Risky Lifestyle 100
  • Popular Thread 100

CrissAngelLover12345

PostPosted: Sun Apr 17, 2011 7:24 am
Thanks! I love them all! Their personalities are starting to come out. They are more relaxed today. biggrin I haven't named any of them yet. The pleco is quite speedy and active. The pleco was also the first one to become comfortable. When I put it in the tank, it immediately started zooming around cleaning things, making getting pictures of it difficult. biggrin I wonder what gender it is, but I think I have to wait until it gets older to really be able to determine it. The betta has been exploring the tank rather than hiding or staying in one spot today. He also ate this morning, chasing the food all over the place. biggrin He didn't eat last night, he just wanted to stay still. The swordfish have been exploring for the most part, and watching them eat is really amusing. They chase the food like crazy going after it. whee  
PostPosted: Sun Apr 17, 2011 7:35 am
Yeah, usually the males will start showing bristles early on, but sometimes they don't come in until they get as big as 3.5" - 4". With the albinos the males will also most of the time get a pinkish spot on their heads. Females can grow bristles too, but they'll be along the lip and not as flashy as the males.[/color[  

Vanilla eXee

6,500 Points
  • Elocutionist 200
  • Risky Lifestyle 100
  • Popular Thread 100

CrissAngelLover12345

PostPosted: Sun Apr 17, 2011 7:54 am
Vanilla eXee
Yeah, usually the males will start showing bristles early on, but sometimes they don't come in until they get as big as 3.5" - 4". With the albinos the males will also most of the time get a pinkish spot on their heads. Females can grow bristles too, but they'll be along the lip and not as flashy as the males.[/color[

Ok. Thanks for letting me know. biggrin Right now, the pleco is only maybe 1 inch, so he/she has a ways to go before developing the bristles most likely.  
PostPosted: Sun Apr 17, 2011 10:44 am
CrissAngelLover12345
Vanilla eXee

Ok. Thanks for letting me know. biggrin Right now, the pleco is only maybe 1 inch, so he/she has a ways to go before developing the bristles most likely.

They're so cute that small! Well, they're cute no matter what size they are, lol. It'll take a while before it grows to full size.  

Vanilla eXee

6,500 Points
  • Elocutionist 200
  • Risky Lifestyle 100
  • Popular Thread 100

CrissAngelLover12345

PostPosted: Sun Apr 17, 2011 1:29 pm
Vanilla eXee
CrissAngelLover12345
Vanilla eXee

They're so cute that small! Well, they're cute no matter what size they are, lol. It'll take a while before it grows to full size.

Yep. It is sooo cute!!!!!!! ^_^ It was also the only bristlenose the store had too. biggrin Almost all the fish in the tank the swordfish were in were staring at me while I was trying to decide on what fish I wanted. lol It was amusing watching the clerk try to catch the fish. The ones that I didn't want were fairly relaxed as if they knew they were safe. They predicted the pleco was going to be relatively easy to get, but it proved to be fairly difficult to catch, though not as difficult as the swordfish were.  
PostPosted: Sun Apr 17, 2011 8:29 pm
Beautiful Betta! 3nodding  

Kipluck
Crew

5,850 Points
  • Beta Treasure Hunter 0
  • Beta Explorer 0
  • Beta Forum Regular 0

CrissAngelLover12345

PostPosted: Mon Apr 18, 2011 6:22 am
Kipluck
Beautiful Betta! 3nodding

Thanks! I agree. I looked at the bettas they had and loved him. biggrin He wasn't too happy to have tank mates at first, but he's gotten relaxed about them as well as his new surroundings. biggrin  
PostPosted: Mon Apr 18, 2011 6:57 am
aww, the pleco is so cute. i keep seeing people getting baby bristlenoses. it makes me want to get another, but must resist temptation until i get a bigger tank.

i have a female, got her as an adult though. i love watching her eat and moving her big squishy lips around xd  

Shanna66
Captain

9,800 Points
  • Invisibility 100
  • Peoplewatcher 100
  • Full closet 200

CrissAngelLover12345

PostPosted: Mon Apr 18, 2011 8:46 am
Shanna66
aww, the pleco is so cute. i keep seeing people getting baby bristlenoses. it makes me want to get another, but must resist temptation until i get a bigger tank.

i have a female, got her as an adult though. i love watching her eat and moving her big squishy lips around xd

That's one of the many things I like about watching plecos! biggrin  
Pets & Animals Main Forum

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff