Reply Pets & Animals Main Forum
Me thinks someone is lieing to me -.-

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

hiysinphlay

PostPosted: Thu Apr 14, 2011 9:02 pm
OH MY GOD I"M GOING TO F-ING KILL SOMEONE!

So I come home go to my room and what do I find on the floor you ask? Yes that's right one of the baby rats just lying there freezing to death. stare Now I sure as hell know it didn't happen this morning when I fed them believe me I would have noticed a baby suddenly FLYING out of the cage stare And of course no one went into my room while I was out all day so how may I ask did the poor baby rat get outside his cage? Oh yeah I forgot I've been performing experiments on my rats and now they can walk through f-ing glass!!! scream Or no I know what happened the babies that just opened their eyes can jump 2 feet into the air and open the sealed shut lid from the inside stressed I'm so pissed off right now.

I took the poor baby and began rubbing him to get some circulation going once he was moving a bit better I put him in with the younger batch of babies for prime nursing time as I have no idea how long he's been out of the cage for.

Side note not related to animals my keys have also gone mysteriously missing. stare I have my work key on there, it opens all the doors to the store and to replace it would mean the cost of rekeying the entire store. Yay for people messing with my crap stressed

PostPosted: Fri Apr 15, 2011 4:28 am
OMG that's horrible... I agree, someone has been lying... I'm glad the little one was ok.

I hope you find your keys...  

CrissAngelLover12345

WingsEnclose

9,050 Points
  • Elocutionist 200
  • Sausage Fest 200
  • Invisibility 100
PostPosted: Fri Apr 15, 2011 9:54 am
God I know exactly how you feel!!! My parents foster teenagers and there is not a day when something does not "vanish" when they are in the room. Makes me so sick, I can't take it when people lie to your face and you know it is them. Seriously best idea is just to get a lock on your door! Works wonders wink  
PostPosted: Fri Apr 15, 2011 2:42 pm
CrissAngelLover12345
OMG that's horrible... I agree, someone has been lying... I'm glad the little one was ok.

I hope you find your keys...

I'm glad he's okay too :3 or rather she lol cause I didn't even check I was so worried is doing just fine now :3 She does seem a bit wobbly but I don't think it's anything out of the norm for her age.

I play to search every inch of my room, I do hope they turn up too sweatdrop I can not afford to have to re-key the store gonk

hiysinphlay

hiysinphlay

PostPosted: Fri Apr 15, 2011 2:44 pm
Thraxen
God I know exactly how you feel!!! My parents foster teenagers and there is not a day when something does not "vanish" when they are in the room. Makes me so sick, I can't take it when people lie to your face and you know it is them. Seriously best idea is just to get a lock on your door! Works wonders wink

Yeah that's exactly how my brother is, he has some serious mental problems and the meds are not really helping stare

As for the lock, you see my door does have a lock. But with the keys gone I can't lock the door, and it doesn't do much because someone takes a butter knife and will unlock it anyone stare I need a deadbolt... stressed

PostPosted: Fri Apr 15, 2011 2:53 pm
I think you should name that rat Houdini ninja

Did I ever tell ya bout the time Aida magically vanished despite the cage door being DOUBLE locked. She pried a nail loose in the plywood which makes up the back wall of their cage (which use to be a bookshelf) just enough to create like a hidden trap door, so I couldn't see it, nor do I know how long she'd been coming and going as she pleased. Let me tell ya there's a lot more nails on their cage now.

Edit: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AatQ5vamZD0  

Gabrielle_AnimalLuver
Crew

hiysinphlay

PostPosted: Fri Apr 15, 2011 4:26 pm
Gabrielle_AnimalLuver

Did I ever tell ya bout the time Aida magically vanished despite the cage door being DOUBLE locked. She pried a nail loose in the plywood which makes up the back wall of their cage (which use to be a bookshelf) just enough to create like a hidden trap door, so I couldn't see it, nor do I know how long she'd been coming and going as she pleased. Let me tell ya there's a lot more nails on their cage now.

Edit: ]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AatQ5vamZD0

Haha Aida is so cute 4laugh

I wish it were that simple though, I wish the little baby had been able to just escape and run around on her own, but they just opened their eyes like 3 days ago and are very wobbly on their feet.

This is pretty much the size of tank they are in. I believe mine is much larger than a 40g because I have a 40g tank too and it's about half the size. But that's the basic of it.

PostPosted: Fri Apr 15, 2011 10:18 pm
Gabrielle_AnimalLuver

Aww that was so cute. she knew she was caught when she found out it wasn't a door any more ^_^

side note: the video that pops up after yours... the guy has the exact same cage as my gerbils have...i wonder if he figured out that you can lock the cage (not just shut the door like he is doing) by pushing the door more and flipping one of the wires in front of the door... that is how it is suppose to be closed...  

Mistress of Rain

8,800 Points
  • Team Jacob 100
  • Noob wrangler 100
  • Pie Hoarder by Proxy 150

WingsEnclose

9,050 Points
  • Elocutionist 200
  • Sausage Fest 200
  • Invisibility 100
PostPosted: Sun Apr 17, 2011 12:51 pm
hiysinphlay
Thraxen

Yeah that's exactly how my brother is, he has some serious mental problems and the meds are not really helping stare

As for the lock, you see my door does have a lock. But with the keys gone I can't lock the door, and it doesn't do much because someone takes a butter knife and will unlock it anyone stare I need a deadbolt... stressed
It is really easy to replace a lock though, take a look at your door, it may just need the handles removed and then the locking block pulled out. That way you could get a new lock and new keys wink
I can't stand people who invade anothers privacy. We all have the tendency to snoop but when they are rummaging through belongs it makes me feel violated. I hate however having a home and only being able to leave anything that is mine, in my room. Trust me I sooo feel for you.  
PostPosted: Sun Apr 17, 2011 12:56 pm
Thraxen
hiysinphlay
Thraxen

It is really easy to replace a lock though, take a look at your door, it may just need the handles removed and then the locking block pulled out. That way you could get a new lock and new keys wink
I can't stand people who invade anothers privacy. We all have the tendency to snoop but when they are rummaging through belongs it makes me feel violated. I hate however having a home and only being able to leave anything that is mine, in my room. Trust me I sooo feel for you.

Well I could replace the door knob easily enough but it wouldn't stop their ability to take a butter knife, jam it in the door and open it confused I'm most worried about the fact that since I can't find my keys I lost my work key, that means I'll have to pay the price to rekey the entire store, anywhere from $300-$500 I soooo do NOT have that kind of money.  

hiysinphlay

WingsEnclose

9,050 Points
  • Elocutionist 200
  • Sausage Fest 200
  • Invisibility 100
PostPosted: Sun Apr 17, 2011 1:03 pm
hiysinphlay
Thraxen
hiysinphlay
Thraxen

Well I could replace the door knob easily enough but it wouldn't stop their ability to take a butter knife, jam it in the door and open it confused I'm most worried about the fact that since I can't find my keys I lost my work key, that means I'll have to pay the price to rekey the entire store, anywhere from $300-$500 I soooo do NOT have that kind of money.
Do you think someone in your family took it?  
PostPosted: Sun Apr 17, 2011 1:06 pm
Thraxen

Do you think someone in your family took it?
I'm almost positive that my brother took it :/

Hopefully when I clean my room and rat cages it'll turn up.

hiysinphlay

WingsEnclose

9,050 Points
  • Elocutionist 200
  • Sausage Fest 200
  • Invisibility 100
PostPosted: Sun Apr 17, 2011 1:39 pm
hiysinphlay

Sorry to state the lock again but that's why when someone asks me why I always lock my room I just say "I would rather know I am the only one who has access so it is on my shoulders if I lose something." lol

What prob does he have? To warrant medication I mean, and how old is he?  
PostPosted: Sun Apr 17, 2011 1:52 pm
Thraxen
hiysinphlay

Sorry to state the lock again but that's why when someone asks me why I always lock my room I just say "I would rather know I am the only one who has access so it is on my shoulders if I lose something." lol

What prob does he have? To warrant medication I mean, and how old is he?

Yeah that's why I need a deadbolt because unlike a lock it is unpickable :3

He has a ton of problems I don't really know the names of them but it affects him mentally. You can really tell he's not 'all there' at times :/

hiysinphlay

Kipluck
Crew

5,850 Points
  • Beta Treasure Hunter 0
  • Beta Explorer 0
  • Beta Forum Regular 0
PostPosted: Sun Apr 17, 2011 8:34 pm
Mistress of Rain
Gabrielle_AnimalLuver

Aww that was so cute. she knew she was caught when she found out it wasn't a door any more ^_^

side note: the video that pops up after yours... the guy has the exact same cage as my gerbils have...i wonder if he figured out that you can lock the cage (not just shut the door like he is doing) by pushing the door more and flipping one of the wires in front of the door... that is how it is suppose to be closed...My baby chin has that cage and I am contantly having to remind the fam how to PROPERLY shut the doors! Otherwise a little ninchilla kick and HI-YAH! Fable is free!  
Pets & Animals Main Forum

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games