Submit

Bernadette Rachel

Profitable Gaian

7,650 Points
  • Entrepreneur 150
  • Wall Street 200
  • Money Never Sleeps 200
PostPosted: Tue Apr 12, 2011 12:23 am
So, I was wondering if anybody here does anything in your community to voice animals? If so what do you do and how did you make it work? I want to get started, but, it's all over the place.

PostPosted: Tue Apr 12, 2011 6:06 am
reporting animal abuse when you see it is always a great place to start. if you see a petstore giving theirt animals bad care or selling sick animals report it  

Shanna66
Captain

9,800 Points
  • Invisibility 100
  • Peoplewatcher 100
  • Full closet 200

Vanilla eXee

6,500 Points
  • Elocutionist 200
  • Risky Lifestyle 100
  • Popular Thread 100
PostPosted: Tue Apr 12, 2011 8:02 am

By letting it known that I am an animal lover, my irl friends and family know they can come to me if they ever need help with an animal, and that if I don't know the answers I can point them in the right direction. When someone is doing something wrong but they may not even know it, I'll gently give them the right info. In case of serious animal abuse, I have the number to Animal Control and the local shelter in my phone.

I used to be a volunteer at an aquarium before I moved and their entire message was treating animals and the planet kindly and conservation etc.

PostPosted: Sat Apr 16, 2011 4:16 pm
I have the number from Animal Control in my phone.

And beside the fact I only want to use lotions and make-up and stuff that is not used on animals.  

pompoennetje

Kipluck
Crew

5,850 Points
  • Beta Treasure Hunter 0
  • Beta Explorer 0
  • Beta Forum Regular 0
PostPosted: Fri Apr 22, 2011 7:53 pm
I do a LOT through SCNAVTA. We help host Super Adoptions and do health checks and grooming for local rescues and shelters. But I also try to help animals on my own to. I run a group that champions education called Mountain West Pocket Critters Conference and we try to teach people how to care for sugar gliders and other small exotics correctly. One of the other things I do is volunteer for Best Friends Animal Society locally. I do home checks for those in the area wishing to adopt from Best Friends. They send me a check list to fill out, I interview the person, check their home conditions, etc. I actually have one of those in my inbox right now so probably I will be checking out somebody's home this week.  
Pets & Animals Main Forum

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games