Welcome to Gaia! ::

CAN WE find 1,000,000 Christians on gaia!!!!

Back to Guilds

we CAN find 1,000,000 Christians on gaia just join! 

Tags: christian, Jesus, Christ, faith, love 

Reply Christian friends
The New Testament in One Week

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Haha Coffee

Conservative Dabbler

8,950 Points
  • Forum Dabbler 200
  • Popular Thread 100
  • Citizen 200
PostPosted: Fri Apr 08, 2011 1:45 pm
Hey there guy's , if there's one thing that we can never put to much emphasis on in our day to day lives it's the word of God, understanding and knowing it and for that purpose I feel we can never read to much of our Bibles!

Some people, read certain bit's every now and again, others find the book a bit daunting and prefer group bible studies or planned reading, some of us like to pick it up at Genesis 1 and just keep going an hour or more a night untill we hit Revelations 22.

To the Point
On Monday I'm going to begin the "New Testament in a Week" Challenge and im inviting every Christian I know (and even those I don't know, to come join me)

Monday: Matthew 1 - Mark 9
Tuesday: Mark 10 - John 6
Wednesday: John 7 - Acts 22
Thursday: Acts 23 - 1 Corinthians 14
Friday: 1 Corinthians 15 - 1 Thessalonians 5
Saturday: 2 Thessalonians 1 - 1 Peter 2
Sunday: 1 Peter 3 - Revelation 22

Of course this is a fast and loose guide to the approach, you may not want to abruptly stop at Cor 14 as this could be in the middle of a cohesive point or likewise in any other book an abrupt interruption to a point or narration. Regardless it serves as a framework to work either strictly or loosely to.

I have been advised to be prepared to spend 90 minutes, to three hours a night on this(depending on your reading speed)

A week to hard , how about a month instead?
Some of us, might not have the initiative or more likely the "time" to read the NT in such a short space, but have no fear, it can easily be done in a month!

There are 260 chapters in the NT, if you read just ten a night, or morning, or five on the morning five on the night, you can get the whole thing done in 26 days, that's a day off every week if you fancy it.
As with the weekly approach, it's fast and loose, you may hit your ten chapters and think "Well im mid point here " or "Theres only three chapters till the end of the book, may as well finish it, start the next tomorrow" all the better!

My pastor told me he has read the New Testament every month for the past ten years with this method, and im inclined to believe him, because when you think about it, ten chapters a night is pretty easy going.

So starting from this Monday (that's the 11th) im inviting everyone here to read the New Testament in one week (Or a month!) with me!

We have so much to gain from this, and nothing to loose.

Do I have any takers?  
PostPosted: Fri Apr 08, 2011 8:28 pm
As much as I would enjoy reading the New Testament in a week or a month, I don't have time to do either. I am lucky if I get to read a few verses from my scriptures a day. I have a toddler that demands most of, if not all of my time, plus I am eight months pregnant. So...my life is in short getting hectic. Plus, it's hard for me to just sit and read the scriptures. I like to analyze the scriptures, and ponder the things that are said in the verses, taking lots of notes, researching the context, original language, reading commentaries alongside the scriptures, etc. It some times takes me over a month just to get through a chapter depending on what I am studying.  

Shadows-shine

Invisible Shapeshifter

Christian friends

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces