Welcome to Gaia! ::

The Dungeons & Dragons Guild

Back to Guilds

A Dungeons & Dragons Roleplaying Guild - We have many active games, join requests are checked often, and everyone is accepted. 

Tags: Dungeons, Dragons, Roleplaying, Dungeons and Dragons 

Reply The Dungeons & Dragons Guild
Hello there. I'm new and unexperienced.

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Things I shouldn't try to do on this guild?
  Ask if I can play a ninja-warlock.
  Let the Sarcasm Monster run free.
  Scream "Leeroy Jenkins" before an sneak attack (no matter how much fun it may seem).
View Results

Nishido_Satsunoyama

Dangerous Genius

10,150 Points
  • Survivor 150
  • Invisibility 100
  • Brandisher 100
PostPosted: Thu Apr 07, 2011 9:41 am
Introduction: I'm Nishido Satsunoyama, South-American, I like videogames, my hobby is arguing, and my favourite thing in life is to challenge certitudes.

I once tripped on a webcomic about D&D, and since then I've been curious about the game;
movies like "The Gamers 2: Dorkness Rising" and "Astropia" also have something to do.

Since quite a while I had been trying to find a place to learn how to play this game,
but I had tripped on several problems, from schedule issues, passing by not finding any active forums, to the annoyance produced by power-gamers/campaign killers.

I hope this place is different, I really do.
I see the fact that you guys aren't anti 4e nazis as a good sign,
and I promise to try being a good party member.

It's nice to meet you all.

PostPosted: Thu Apr 07, 2011 9:52 am
There's some devout 4e advocates and naysayers within the guild but the guild tends to be extremely open to most if not all tabletop gaming types. At the moment, the only real issue is a lack of D&D games with openings. If you can wait a couple days, I should have a compiled list of every active game, who it is ran by and whether or not it's recruiting. Until then, the ONLY campaign I know of that is interested in more people at the moment is Rain Yupa's Mutants and Masterminds 2nd edition game.

3nodding

By the way, welcome to the guild and enjoy your stay.  

Virulent Lover

Dangerous Lover

Rain Yupa
Captain

Enduring Member

PostPosted: Thu Apr 07, 2011 10:09 am
Welcome smile

The guild seems to be having a bit of an inactive moment, and I dunno how long it will last for. Sometimes it seems like a week or two will go on without many people posting, before someone realizes they should post and get things moving again.

I run a number of games (to me, 4e>3e. Haven't tried Pathfinder yet, though), but most of them are full. Merc Work has an unlimited cast, but everyone (once they start posting again) is close to finishing all their missions, and I hesitate trying to sneak someone else in or start a new one.

The only game I have recruiting at the moment is 1 AZ, a post-zombie-apocalyptic game where humanity seems to be developing super powers as a survival mechanism! Mutants & Masterminds, if you are unfamiliar with it, is a d20 system (a lot like 3e), but it only uses d20s. It's designed to be a superhero game, and it's pretty fun once you understand how it runs. Very simple system that they explain in a very complicated and complex manner. They're JUST releasing a new edition, but it's more of a slight tweak than a complete rewrite, so I'm fine running with my old books ^-^  
PostPosted: Thu Apr 07, 2011 3:51 pm
Don't worry, I've gotten over my 'BURN THE HERETIC THAT PLAYS THAT WHICH THEY CALL FOURTH EDITION!' phase. I came to the realization that it's not so bad... if I don't think of it as DnD.  

Raganui Minamoto

Distinct Prophet

Slave Xaccheus

PostPosted: Thu Apr 07, 2011 3:58 pm
I'm a 3.5er myself; but 4th edition isn't so much hated by me as I just don't play it.

I'm debating Pathfinder.  
PostPosted: Fri Apr 08, 2011 11:33 am
@Virulent Lover: I would greatly appreciate that. So far I haven't got my first tabletop roleplaying experience, so I think it would be better if I entered a campaign, it were from the very beginning. And now I'll do my best effort for not saying "please, be gentle".

@Rain Yupa: Thanks. And I hope you don't be related to Two Yupa. You know, online campaigns seem to suffer of that illness; offline life has it ways to get in the way, I had noticed too. And I gladly inform you I would love to try your post-zombie-apocalyptic game; mostly because I'm a zombie extermination expert (or at least that's what I say on my voice message thing). The only thing is, I still haven't fully learnt to play D&D, so I would beg for your patient if I start asking you a lot of annoying questions. I know my characters will die a lot, but I'm ready to take what it's necessary for me to learn. Thanks for the invitation; it may get tricky, but I'll try to get the books.

@Raganui Minamoto: You made me remember a Penny Arcade strip, when Gabriel refuses to accept the 4.5e once it gets released. Which by the way is the reason I'm trying to get to play as soon as possible; I'm already too confuse trying to understand 4e.

@Eternality_Cannon: To me it's just 4e is the one through which I got to learn what I know about D&D. I don't hold it particularly dear or anything. I just want to play that system, because it was extremely difficult to get the books (since the game is not very popular on my country), and can't imagine how hard would it be to try to find the older ones. Speaking of books, I really lucked out that time, I got everything, even the Book of Vile Darkness and the one about [ajem] Erotic Fantasies. Oh my, I wish I haven't ever know about the ways of "undead pregnancy". Hahaha.

By the way, thanks for answering my poll;
the strong opposition to "ninja-warlock" continues to impress me.

Nishido_Satsunoyama

Dangerous Genius

10,150 Points
  • Survivor 150
  • Invisibility 100
  • Brandisher 100

Rain Yupa
Captain

Enduring Member

PostPosted: Fri Apr 08, 2011 5:30 pm
Nishido_Satsunoyama
@Rain Yupa: Thanks. And I hope you don't be related to Two Yupa. You know, online campaigns seem to suffer of that illness; offline life has it ways to get in the way, I had noticed too. And I gladly inform you I would love to try your post-zombie-apocalyptic game; mostly because I'm a zombie extermination expert (or at least that's what I say on my voice message thing). The only thing is, I still haven't fully learnt to play D&D, so I would beg for your patient if I start asking you a lot of annoying questions. I know my characters will die a lot, but I'm ready to take what it's necessary for me to learn. Thanks for the invitation; it may get tricky, but I'll try to get the books.

... I have no idea who that is.

For the record, Mutants & Masterminds is NOT Dungeons & Dragons. It's by Green Ronin Publishing, not Wizards of the Coast. It just uses a d20 system, is all. But it's very close in construction to D&D 3e's basic set-up, with attributes, skills, feats, etc. Head over to my recruitment thread if you want to learn more smile

I don't care people learning a new system and have to ask a lot of questions. I'd like to think I'm a patient GM 3nodding  
PostPosted: Sat Apr 09, 2011 7:00 am
Rain Yupa
Nishido_Satsunoyama

... I have no idea who that is.

For the record, Mutants & Masterminds is NOT Dungeons & Dragons. It's by Green Ronin Publishing, not Wizards of the Coast. It just uses a d20 system, is all. But it's very close in construction to D&D 3e's basic set-up, with attributes, skills, feats, etc. Head over to my recruitment thread if you want to learn more smile

I don't care people learning a new system and have to ask a lot of questions. I'd like to think I'm a patient GM 3nodding

Oh, good! (Do yourself a favour and do not google it).

Yes, Wikipedia had taught me a lot about M&M; and a quick search through some dark corners of the Internetz make me feel like I could play a decent cyborg.

I'm already working on a character, just need to get the books.
Don't ask how; lets just say I know people from under the bridge...
Where they have a kiosk and sell old and rare to find books.
That's why I ask people not to inquire how I get them, it's a super boring story all the time ;D

Off to the recruitment page I go!

Nishido_Satsunoyama

Dangerous Genius

10,150 Points
  • Survivor 150
  • Invisibility 100
  • Brandisher 100

Slave Xaccheus

PostPosted: Sat Apr 09, 2011 8:18 am
Nishido_Satsunoyama

@Eternality_Cannon: To me it's just 4e is the one through which I got to learn what I know about D&D. I don't hold it particularly dear or anything. I just want to play that system, because it was extremely difficult to get the books (since the game is not very popular on my country), and can't imagine how hard would it be to try to find the older ones. Speaking of books, I really lucked out that time, I got everything, even the Book of Vile Darkness and the one about [ajem] Erotic Fantasies. Oh my, I wish I haven't ever know about the ways of "undead pregnancy". Hahaha.

4shared really worked for me; if you're cool with breaking filesharing laws (HINT: this means it's illegal. Don't do it unless you seriously think this through). Or, you could order it through Amazon.  
PostPosted: Sat Apr 09, 2011 8:49 am
Eternality_Cannon
Nishido_Satsunoyama

4shared really worked for me; if you're cool with breaking filesharing laws (HINT: this means it's illegal. Don't do it unless you seriously think this through). Or, you could order it through Amazon.

To get a credit card on my country is going to hell, and the credit card companies are one big bulk of robbers and maternal fornicators;
so buying on Amazon is not possible for me right now.
Not big deal, though, I have contacts...
Who can't buy things on Amazon, and then overcharge me for them...
Still beat having to deal with Visa, though.

Nishido_Satsunoyama

Dangerous Genius

10,150 Points
  • Survivor 150
  • Invisibility 100
  • Brandisher 100
The Dungeons & Dragons Guild

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items