Welcome to Gaia! ::

The Dungeons & Dragons Guild

Back to Guilds

A Dungeons & Dragons Roleplaying Guild - We have many active games, join requests are checked often, and everyone is accepted. 

Tags: Dungeons, Dragons, Roleplaying, Dungeons and Dragons 

Reply The Dungeons & Dragons Guild
CAKA Chapter 1: Ruins in the Swamp Goto Page: 1 2 3 ... 4 5 6 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Slave Xaccheus

PostPosted: Thu Mar 31, 2011 2:05 pm
The scene is an ancient structure, ruined by time and half-drowned by the mire it now resides upon. The inner halls and any lower areas are of unknown condition, but are not to be trusted. As with all ancient ruins, it is likely that the area will be guarded by any traps and other equipment not yet destroyed by the water.

The status of the ruins is not what makes it interesting.

Recently, a small tribe of Kobolds was drawn to the site after a strange pillar of light erupted from the central workings of the grounds. They are adamant in the belief that Kurtulmak, their patron God, has sent them a divine blessing from this bizarre eruption. You five adventurers have been employed to discover what really came into being from that light, and if necessary, destroy it without any hesitation.

You have trudged the wilderness of the Darklight Bayou, and now stand just out of sight of the ruins. Your battle plan is still in the making; your employer suggested the cover of night to take the reptiles by surprise.

As a warning: The Kobolds are only on the surface and select few levels of the ruins, and have fortified their area with numerous traps. Something else has been keeping them from entering deeper. You may encounter more hostilities than expected.  
PostPosted: Thu Mar 31, 2011 4:06 pm
The young minotaur sniffed the air, examining the ruins. "So.. what's the current plan? Aside from doing things my way."

Genji The Wanderer, was fairly tall and powerfully built, but his social abilities were very bad and most people ran when they saw his bull head and monstrous features. Thus why he was The Wanderer. Looking at the others that were with him, he waited for an answer, knowing full well that they were using him and would probably dump him into a ditch when they were done, so to speak. But till then, he'd use them too.  

Raganui Minamoto

Distinct Prophet

Jacior

PostPosted: Thu Mar 31, 2011 6:55 pm
Farous looked up from his book. "I'd rather we come up with a plan, rather than just bull-heading our way inside. Kobolds are skilled with traps and it'd be a shame if anyone was impaled on or first outing, wouldn't it?" He said, gesturing harshly and sending a scathing glare to the minotaur who hadn't even tried to be civil.

"In any case it'd be foolish to do anything without establishing names and professions. I know none of you and it'd be nice to know what to count on from our campanions, wouldn't it?" Farous said this tersely, he wasn't going to take no as an answer.

"My name is Farous and I am greatly gifted with vast powers of the mind."  
PostPosted: Thu Mar 31, 2011 7:42 pm
"Do things your way? If we do, we'd all get killed." Mich said harshly to the minotaur. Not the elf's first choice of a companion, that's for sure. He waited and listened to the other man while he talked and introduced himself as Farous. Powers of the mind? Sounded like someone was a bit arrogant. "The bookworm here is right, we need a plan. I'd like to bet that I'm the only one here who will be able to find any traps and disarm them too. Anyone feel like taking it?" He said with a small smile. Only one other person in the group looked like he could even know his way around a trap.

Mich took in a quick breath before he introduced himself. "Anyway, the name's Mich and I'm skilled in scouting."  

Mushkiller

Michael Bladebreaker

Ruthless Hunter

6,800 Points
  • Tycoon 200
  • Treasure Hunter 100
  • Brandisher 100
PostPosted: Sun Apr 03, 2011 1:14 am
A short, sickly pale pallored Human tapped the Elf, Mich, on the shoulder. He coughed, covering his mouth, and began to retort. 'I'm sorry, but I do believe that I know my way quite well around a trap myself. If it wasn't for you, I'd be the only one here to do so, even though I'm personally more suited to...' He looked around for a moment, and then turned back and smiled. '...Well, I'm suited to acquiring things. Pretty things, shiny things, mostly. But never cups. Never again.' He grimaced, shuddering, and turned to the rest of them. He took an ostentatiously theatrical bow. 'My name is Felinni. At least, that's what everyone calls me anymore. I abandoned my family name when I--' His voice cut off immediately, and he stammered for a moment, 'When I ran away from home.' He smiled, nodding. That's a sufficient introduction, yes... Now, how to get the treasure in here before the rest of these imbeciles...

(I frequently put thoughts in my posts, so for the record, thoughts are italics.)  
PostPosted: Tue Apr 05, 2011 6:23 pm
One of the final members of the group, a relatively spry Rilkan, spoke up with a bit of a sardonic tone to his somewhat accented voice that if anything would be close to Australian. "Well, seeing as we're all part of this merry band of idiots, I may as well introduce myself." he said, shrugging. "The name's Hashlok. If I ever see any need for it, I'll tell ya'll my last name. Guns are a tad of a specialty of mine." He gave a curt nod and eyed the other four, keeping his thoughts to himself. An elf, an arrogant one at that; a minotaur; and a couple of humans. This is great... he thought and tried not to roll his eyes.  

Grevus

Slave Xaccheus

PostPosted: Tue Apr 05, 2011 6:36 pm
Roughly 800 feet away loom the ruins. In front of you, the swamp water is murky and dark, continuing as well as you can see to the ruins, stopping roughly 300 feet away in reeds and two mangrove trees. The water is too murky to determine depth, as well as anything that may be living in it. At the same time, trees roughly 80 feet high rise to your left, spacing themselves haphazardly along their roots; some branches even intermingle at junctions. These continue to about 400 feet from the ruins.

The entire ground is coated in semisolid mud; you are not mired yet, but the ground seems less stable the closer you are to the water.  
PostPosted: Tue Apr 05, 2011 7:20 pm
"Well, at the very least, want me to deal with a tree for you delicate types?"  

Raganui Minamoto

Distinct Prophet

Jacior

PostPosted: Wed Apr 06, 2011 10:51 am
Farous glared at the minotaur again. "Just determined to be Bull-Headed, aren't you? Do as you wish, I suppose. You're going to anyway." He shook his head and stowed the book in his pack. "Even for a minotaur you're not very smart."

"So, who has issues already? I'm sure someone hates someone by now. Let's see, the minotaur hates everyone. Easy to see that." He pointed at the minotaur and made some sweeping gestures. "Mich his some amont of disdain for me at least, doesn't care for the minotaur either."

He shrugged. "Doesn't bother me." looking at Felinni. "... A thief? Instant distrust there. No one likes a thief. I don't care as long as you don't insult me." He looked at te last person. "And Hashlok, apparently you think yourself better than the rest of us and surprise, surprise, you dislike everyone as well."  
PostPosted: Wed Apr 06, 2011 2:01 pm
Hashlock shrugged and gave a sound similar to a cross of a shigh and a grunt. "I never truly said that did I? I was refering to our group as a whole, including myself. I've been alive long enough to know that I'm not the sharpest knife in the drawer, or the dullest for that matter... THe point is, we shair the same objective and as long as we don't end up stabbing, shooting, or any of many other things each other in the back, I'll be able to get along with just about anyone. Or keep my disdain in my head." he said, shaking his head. He had no real reason to dislike the human but his attitude was a tad irksome in all honesty.  

Grevus

Mushkiller

PostPosted: Wed Apr 06, 2011 2:56 pm
"I sure as hell didn't say that out loud, Farous. In fact, it seems as though you know a bit more about everyone here then we're saying. Care to explain how you that about us?" Mich asked the man harshly. Sure, he wouldn't dispute what he said, but if this man could read minds then Mich wanted to be as far away from him as possible. Or the thief for that matter, but it looked like the best place for him was close to Mich. He thought about the situation at hand instead of his comrades, and quickly came up with a plan.

"Those trees off in that direction look like a good way to get to the ruins. I bet me and the thief here could climb those and bypass all the mud and water. Not only that, but it'd be harder to see us in the trees then on the ground. Anyone else who can climb is welcome to join in." Having said his plan, Mich waited for everyone else to refine it. Or shout at him for coming up with something so stupid, or just the need to shout at him. It was clear how much everyone here disliked each other.  
PostPosted: Wed Apr 06, 2011 6:11 pm
Hashlock nodded. "Sounds sorta viable. Though, I don't have much faith in where the limbs join." he said, crossing his arms. He clicked his tongue and shook his head, not quite sure why but not being able to ignore the strange feeling in his gut. It seemed like Mich was one for coming up with plans easily, a useful skill in an ally. Odds were, he would turn out to be the one who was the most useful mentally. Farous may be smart, but he was far too arrogant for Hashlok to really put much stake in.

"Personally, I suggest we leave him there," he jerked a thumb in Farous' direction and rolled his eyes, his voice carrying clear disdain "And the minotaur to their own devices. No offense, uh... What was your name again?" he asked the minotaur, realizing that he had no idea what his name was.  

Grevus

Raganui Minamoto

Distinct Prophet

PostPosted: Thu Apr 07, 2011 2:52 am
He blinked, looking at Hashlock. "That... was not something I expected to hear. I am Genji. As for the comment about the tree, I meant knock one down, so that the delicate flowers," He poked a finger towards Farous. "Like you, can cross the mud without getting your dresses dirty."  
PostPosted: Thu Apr 07, 2011 5:02 pm
Hashlok couldn't help but laugh, shaking his head. "Ya know, Genji, I sorta like you. It's nice to meet a person who isn't a human or elf. Not that there is any real difference besides lifespan and pointy ears." he said, a small smile on his face. He had nothing against those two races but they both had a lot of negitive things in common.  

Grevus

Michael Bladebreaker

Ruthless Hunter

6,800 Points
  • Tycoon 200
  • Treasure Hunter 100
  • Brandisher 100
PostPosted: Fri Apr 08, 2011 2:00 pm
Felinni coughed once more. 'Well, new friends, or whatever we'll be calling ourselves, why don't we get this party on the road?' He patted his chest and nodded towards Mich. 'If you'll be up in the trees, I believe I will be joining you. You've got a sound point there with the lower visibility. Aside from that, if the rest of you get in a bind, I've got my friend here for some help.' He patted the crossbow on his back, ready to be drawn at any moment now.  
The Dungeons & Dragons Guild

Goto Page: 1 2 3 ... 4 5 6 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff