Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

raisedpassion
Captain

PostPosted: Mon Mar 28, 2011 2:05 pm
Open letter to RAWR:

For now I'm just going to drop this here, but I'm working on coding a really kewl calender thing on the webserver that's going to make everything real nice and easy.

We are getting really active which is a good thing, and I want to sincerely thank the support my VC's have been giving me with recent events. Up till this point, its just been myself or black hosting 99% of the time and it's been really fustrating.

With the new participation came an unexpected problem, my fault really.....

We can only do 1 announcement every 24hrs, so only one event each day. Sunday we had a VC start a movie (which is good). Meanwhile, I was thinking up an event, which was no biggie that I wasn't able to do it.

On top of that, we had ANOTHER VC getting ready to click the send button on a DIFFERENT event as the first one went out, so she was pretty upset, understandably so. Later on that night, yet ANOTHER VC wanted to do a different movie and well, tough luck.

Fights broke out, like literal yelling matches, feelings were hurt and possibly hate mail went out between the VC's for something that is essentially my fault for being a poor manager.

It was so bad that a VC asked me to relieve her of her duties and demote her (which I did). I was later very much excited when she asked me to reinstate her.

So.... what I came up with as a solution to this problem in the future is a Calender Of Events. If a Vice Captain wants to host an event, please reserve your date / time here. If you want to throw out a random event and today isn't reserved, feel free to do so. If today is on the reserved list, please respect that VC by not making an announcement until after the event has been hosted or canceled.

If you have anything to add or take away from this letter, please feel free. And keep in mind I'm putting together a program that will take care of all the details and make it real easy on the server. This thread is just until I get it running.

edit: HOWLERD  
PostPosted: Mon Mar 28, 2011 2:06 pm

[b]Date I want to schedule an event:[/b]
[b]Time (with timezone):[/b]
[b]Event Name:[/b]
[b]Hosted By:[/b]

raisedpassion
Captain

raisedpassion
Captain

PostPosted: Mon Mar 28, 2011 2:10 pm
Example:

Date I want to schedule an event: Aug 3rd, 1492
Time (with timezone):8pm EDT
Event Name:Voyage Raid
Hosted By: raisedpassion

again, if nobody has today reserved, host away!!  
PostPosted: Mon Mar 28, 2011 2:48 pm
This is a good idea, Passion. Good work biggrin  

Capn Agonys

6,900 Points
  • Signature Look 250
  • Hygienic 200
  • Autobiographer 200

raisedpassion
Captain

PostPosted: Mon Mar 28, 2011 2:55 pm
Capn Agonys
it wasnt really MY idea persay... the mainstay of the idea was screamed / cried at me. I built on it.

The program is going to be nice because its automatically going to translate dates and times to YOUR time, no matter where you are.

An event here might be 5pm, which would be 2pm for babygurlmina or 11pm i think for shan, or um.... 5 or 6am the next morning for trancevirus.... which is a nightmare for everyone.

The server will automatically adjust for the timezone and display the correct times from the start. I'm excited about that.

I'm also thinking about building a bot that would take care of all announcements so that another VC couldn't accidently post an announcement screwing up your event. There are other advantages to this also.  
PostPosted: Mon Mar 28, 2011 2:57 pm
raisedpassion
Capn Agonys
it wasnt really MY idea persay... the mainstay of the idea was screamed / cried at me. I built on it.

The program is going to be nice because its automatically going to translate dates and times to YOUR time, no matter where you are.

An event here might be 5pm, which would be 2pm for babygurlmina or 11pm i think for shan, or um.... 5 or 6am the next morning for trancevirus.... which is a nightmare for everyone.

The server will automatically adjust for the timezone and display the correct times from the start. I'm excited about that.

I'm also thinking about building a bot that would take care of all announcements so that another VC couldn't accidently post an announcement screwing up your event. There are other advantages to this also.

With more activity comes the need for organisation. this is going to sky rocket RAWR. <:  

Capn Agonys

6,900 Points
  • Signature Look 250
  • Hygienic 200
  • Autobiographer 200

raisedpassion
Captain

PostPosted: Mon Mar 28, 2011 3:01 pm
Capn Agonys
raisedpassion
Capn Agonys

With more activity comes the need for organisation. this is going to sky rocket RAWR. <:
ive been hoping the VC's will keep the guild up while some of us focus 100 percent on the website. (before, when I focused on the website, RAWR went fail, then of course my work on the site went fail cuz RAWR went fail.)

I've also got a big change at my job coming up and thats going to take most of my time at first. I want to see RAWR 100% thru it.  
PostPosted: Mon Mar 28, 2011 3:02 pm
raisedpassion
Capn Agonys
raisedpassion
Capn Agonys

the others werre prolly like me, we didn't know if it was part of the job criteria (or if we were allowed) to do stuff like that > w>

ive been hoping the VC's will keep the guild up while some of us focus 100 percent on the website. (before, when I focused on the website, RAWR went fail, then of course my work on the site went fail cuz RAWR went fail.)

I've also got a big change at my job coming up and thats going to take most of my time at first. I want to see RAWR 100% thru it.

Capn Agonys

6,900 Points
  • Signature Look 250
  • Hygienic 200
  • Autobiographer 200

raisedpassion
Captain

PostPosted: Mon Mar 28, 2011 3:04 pm
almost forgot.... this will also give me the opportunity to put the upcoming events back into the Rabies Weekly flyer.

Events have a s**t-ton more participation when people know about them a few days before it happens.

I never intended to stop the Rabies Weekly. It was a good thing for RAWR but my schedule got thrown off when I went to 1st shift in January.  
PostPosted: Mon Mar 28, 2011 3:28 pm
Date I want to schedule an event:april 1st.(friday)
Time (with timezone):5pm Eastern
Event Name:April Fool's Holiday Cosplay
Hosted By: Mew Renne rox  

raisedpassion
Captain

l-Kallisto-l

7,450 Points
  • Forum Regular 100
  • Wall Street 200
  • Tycoon 200
PostPosted: Mon Mar 28, 2011 5:32 pm

You see these?
User ImageUser ImageUser ImageUser ImageUser ImageUser ImageUser ImageUser ImageUser Image

:[ Sorry raisin, I was like a child last night. >< I feel horrible now... I sort of pissy anyway yesterday, didn't have a good day. :[

PostPosted: Mon Mar 28, 2011 5:43 pm
Date I want to schedule an event: TODAY!
Time (with timezone):RIGHT NOW!
Event Name:THE LION KING 1 1/2
Hosted By:l-KALLISTO-l!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!  

l-Kallisto-l

7,450 Points
  • Forum Regular 100
  • Wall Street 200
  • Tycoon 200

raisedpassion
Captain

PostPosted: Mon Mar 28, 2011 5:49 pm
l-Kallisto-l

You see these?
User ImageUser ImageUser ImageUser ImageUser ImageUser ImageUser ImageUser ImageUser Image

:[ Sorry raisin, I was like a child last night. >< I feel horrible now... I sort of pissy anyway yesterday, didn't have a good day. :[
PostPosted: Mon Mar 28, 2011 5:50 pm
l-Kallisto-l
Date I want to schedule an event: TODAY!
Time (with timezone):RIGHT NOW!
Event Name:THE LION KING 1 1/2
Hosted By:l-KALLISTO-l!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
this is for reserving events at future dates / times.... not "right now". If you want to host something and nobody has already reserved the day, GO FOR ETTTTT, just DO ETTTTT  

raisedpassion
Captain

Archive

Goto Page: 1 2 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas