Welcome to Gaia! ::

The Dungeons & Dragons Guild

Back to Guilds

A Dungeons & Dragons Roleplaying Guild - We have many active games, join requests are checked often, and everyone is accepted. 

Tags: Dungeons, Dragons, Roleplaying, Dungeons and Dragons 

Reply The Dungeons & Dragons Guild
Token guild introduction thread! Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 6 ... 20 21 22 23 [>] [>>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Rain Yupa
Captain

Enduring Member

PostPosted: Tue Aug 02, 2011 7:19 pm
Kable7
hey I'm richard but I have no experience with D&D so could someone give me a few pointers to learn this faster.

Hi! Finally! sweatdrop sweatdrop sweatdrop

I'm sorry you couldn't join until now. I think the fact I had (accidently) clicked decline AND accept immediately thereafter broke the code for allowing guild invites. sweatdrop

Ultimately, it boils down to which edition/version you want to learn. They are very different, so it would be extremely difficult to try to teach both at the same time.  
PostPosted: Tue Aug 02, 2011 7:23 pm
I recommend 4e as a starter...I learned fairly quick on it...
3.5 is a real popular one, but it's far more in depth with things  

Cute Things In Jars

Anxious Poster

10,675 Points
  • Partygoer 500
  • Bunny Spotter 50
  • Megathread 100

Vaixn

PostPosted: Tue Aug 02, 2011 7:36 pm
its cool I'm in now so it doesnt really matter now. its whatever to me whatever it takes to get me started.  
PostPosted: Thu Aug 25, 2011 12:37 pm
I don't give everyone my real name ._.

I'm turning eighteen in two months

I've never really played D&D, I have read the "create your own adventure" books though. I had like all of them for a really long time.
I'm fascinated by D&D and If there is no subforum explaining everything I need to know I would love for someone to help me understand how this all works.  

VaIhaIIaFaIIs

Beloved Bunny

9,700 Points
  • Cat Fancier 100
  • Magical Girl 50
  • Risky Lifestyle 100

The_Black_Armed_Death_God

PostPosted: Thu Aug 25, 2011 12:45 pm
ll happy ll

I've never really played D&D, I have read the "create your own adventure" books though. I had like all of them for a really long time.
I'm fascinated by D&D and If there is no subforum explaining everything I need to know I would love for someone to help me understand how this all works.
I will gladly help as much as I can, Though I'm not sure where to start... sweatdrop  
PostPosted: Thu Aug 25, 2011 12:49 pm
ll happy ll

I will gladly help as much as I can, Though I'm not sure where to start... sweatdrop

I just want to know how this guild works in association with D&D, obviously you cannot play the game the way one normally would with the board and that odd seventeen sided die, can you?  

VaIhaIIaFaIIs

Beloved Bunny

9,700 Points
  • Cat Fancier 100
  • Magical Girl 50
  • Risky Lifestyle 100
The_Black_Armed_Death_God rolled 1 20-sided dice: 7 Total: 7 (1-20)

PostPosted: Thu Aug 25, 2011 12:54 pm
ll happy ll
ll happy ll

I just want to know how this guild works in association with D&D, obviously you cannot play the game the way one normally would with the board and that odd seventeen sided die, can you?
Actually you can, At the bottom of the widow where you type your post there is a spot that says "Post Action" once you click on it it gives the options "Random Number" or "Roll Dice", Click roll dice and it has a spot for the number of dice you roll. And has a list of all Die types ranging from a d4 to a d100. I'll go ahead and to an example roll of a D20, which is the standard die type for D&D  
PostPosted: Thu Aug 25, 2011 1:23 pm
ll happy ll
ll happy ll

Actually you can, At the bottom of the widow where you type your post there is a spot that says "Post Action" once you click on it it gives the options "Random Number" or "Roll Dice", Click roll dice and it has a spot for the number of dice you roll. And has a list of all Die types ranging from a d4 to a d100. I'll go ahead and to an example roll of a D20, which is the standard die type for D&D

i see :0

Maybe you should PM and tell me how to play regular D&D as a start  

VaIhaIIaFaIIs

Beloved Bunny

9,700 Points
  • Cat Fancier 100
  • Magical Girl 50
  • Risky Lifestyle 100

PostPosted: Thu Aug 25, 2011 1:25 pm
ll happy ll
ll happy ll
ll happy ll

i see :0

Maybe you should PM and tell me how to play regular D&D as a start
^_^ Alright  
PostPosted: Sun Aug 28, 2011 8:32 pm
You can call me Matsumi which is my roleplaying name. I'm going to be honest, and say that I haven't done a real Tabletop game before. I've never had the chance. However, I've been roleplaying for six years now, and I have roleplayed with the d20 system. I'm going for an English major, and it's probably my strong point. I am 17 years old. Erm... I guess I've got nothing else to say.

Fricken Auto format  

Chains of Freedom

Xun Ira

PostPosted: Fri Sep 02, 2011 3:50 pm
Thank you for letting me to join. I really don't know what to say.  
PostPosted: Fri Sep 02, 2011 4:26 pm
Chains of Freedom
You can call me Matsumi which is my roleplaying name. I'm going to be honest, and say that I haven't done a real Tabletop game before. I've never had the chance. However, I've been roleplaying for six years now, and I have roleplayed with the d20 system. I'm going for an English major, and it's probably my strong point. I am 17 years old. Erm... I guess I've got nothing else to say.

Fricken Auto format

Welcome to the guild! Sorry I didn't notice your post sooner; I was without electricity by the time you posted ^-^

I hope you get the chance to play a game you enjoy! biggrin

De mercy

How about hello? smile  

Rain Yupa
Captain

Enduring Member

Xun Ira

PostPosted: Fri Sep 02, 2011 4:39 pm
Rain Yupa
Chains of Freedom

Fricken Auto format

Welcome to the guild! Sorry I didn't notice your post sooner; I was without electricity by the time you posted ^-^

I hope you get the chance to play a game you enjoy! biggrin

De mercy

How about hello? smile

I guess I could say hello... smile Hello,  
PostPosted: Fri Sep 02, 2011 4:42 pm
I'm not a crew or anything higher than a member, but welcome to the guild De mercy. Nice to meet you.  

Wire_Colossus

Versatile Shapeshifter

3,875 Points
  • Alchemy Level 1 100
  • Team Jacob 100
  • Gender Swap 100

Xun Ira

PostPosted: Fri Sep 02, 2011 5:00 pm
Wire_Colossus
I'm not a crew or anything higher than a member, but welcome to the guild De mercy. Nice to meet you.
It is a pleasure to meet you Wire Colossus, how is today treating you?  
The Dungeons & Dragons Guild

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 6 ... 20 21 22 23 [>] [>>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff