Welcome to Gaia! ::

The Dungeons & Dragons Guild

Back to Guilds

A Dungeons & Dragons Roleplaying Guild - We have many active games, join requests are checked often, and everyone is accepted. 

Tags: Dungeons, Dragons, Roleplaying, Dungeons and Dragons 

Reply The Dungeons & Dragons Guild
Token guild introduction thread! Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 ... 20 21 22 23 [>] [>>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Ajax [The Holy Fire]

PostPosted: Mon Jun 27, 2011 10:41 am
Heya' Guys. So im pretty embarrassed to admit this but I've actually never played D & D before. I've played a derivative of it called Wizard War which was pretty much a game my buddies came up with that included dice rolls and how everything revolves around the dice. (Movement, Luck, Finding Items, Chance, Etc.). It followed the same lines of a Paper & Pen situation in which there was the regular columns (Strength, Dexterity, Speed, Constitution, IQ, Wisdom, Intelligence, Will Power, Fate, B.S [Bullshit/Believability Status], Comeliness, Charisma, Hit Points, Social Class, Level, Experience). Then the area underneath that had the Weaponry & Armor that had their own respective 'XdX' numbers and the items that we came across that were sometimes enchanted and most of the time cursed. (Such as one of my characters Bag of Holding... ******** Hell.).. but anyway. I have the basics of that down. But I know that D & D is much more then that. So if I could get advice and have someone teach me the ropes, then I know I would definitely be of a loyal status.  
PostPosted: Tue Jun 28, 2011 11:37 am
That sounds like an interesting, and admittedly well thought-out system!

The thing about learning Dungeons & Dragons, however, is that there's different editions to learn, and off-shoot games as well (Pathfinder, d20 modern, etc). It becomes a matter of what you WANT to learn!

Do you have any D&D books yourself? So we can work with what you might be familiar with. You might have one or two books (purchased out of interest or received as a gift, perhaps) without actually having the opportunity to play.

For me, I never played D&D until I went to college, because no one in my town played. It put me at a disadvantage. I ended up starting to play within the first year 3rd edition came out. I'm much more of a fan of 4th edition though, but many people seem to dislike the newer version and prefer to keep playing under 3rd. You'll find both kinds of people in this guild.

Also, welcome aboard smile  

Rain Yupa
Captain

Enduring Member

Rathulian

PostPosted: Mon Jul 11, 2011 10:24 pm
Hello I'm Joe. I've not had the opportunity to play dnd too often and what I have played has not lasted long with none of my characters that I have ever used being higher than lvl 2 lol. I kinda prefer 2.0 over the other editions though due to it feeling more simplistic and a bit more realistic. I hate the bonus attacks you can do in 4.0 and the minion 1 hp hoard creatures used just to make the characters feel like they're constantly kicking a** cause that gets a bit boring after awhile. Not to mention the complete lack of drawbacks for choosing a character. I kinda like my characters to be more balanced and I feel that 2.0 does a better job in making you choose your character stats more carefully.

Now besides that, I'm a stoner who listens to rock, punk, some metal, some rap, indie, classical, music from videos games. I have an xbox live gamertag just no box at the moment to use it. (hoping to get that rectified)

also I apologize in advance if I don't post too often, I work evenings and nights mostly and sleep til noon most of the time.  
PostPosted: Tue Jul 12, 2011 7:20 am
Welcome to the guild smile I work day shift, so odds are I probably won't be bumping into you online.

What's your thoughts on 3rd edition? 2nd edition gets mentioned periodically around here, but generally mostly 3rd and 4th get attention in these parts.

Also, since you mentioned your music tastes, I just made a CD of arrangements of this song, and it's the current one playing in my car.  

Rain Yupa
Captain

Enduring Member

RocamRac

Timid Conversationalist

PostPosted: Tue Jul 12, 2011 9:11 am
Hello,

Name: Rac
Interests: art/money/food and role-play
Games: Dnd 3.5 and 4E (reallife) + guildwars + zelda

About: Nothing ******** intersting. I like hard rock and gore and have absolutely no life.

Hell yeah!/

PostPosted: Tue Jul 12, 2011 9:56 pm
Rain Yupa
Welcome to the guild smile I work day shift, so odds are I probably won't be bumping into you online.

What's your thoughts on 3rd edition? 2nd edition gets mentioned periodically around here, but generally mostly 3rd and 4th get attention in these parts.

Also, since you mentioned your music tastes, I just made a CD of arrangements of this song, and it's the current one playing in my car.

I like 3rd for it's larger number of playable races and classes, I just get iffy about some things though.

I'm pirating some dnd ebooks right now since I do not have any physical books with me.  

Rathulian

Sin Nevar

Friendly Phantom

6,500 Points
  • Friendly 100
  • Conversationalist 100
  • Forum Regular 100
PostPosted: Mon Jul 25, 2011 3:02 pm
Hey everyone, Well i'm Sin. I have been playing D&D for a year and a half now. Me and my friends started playing in 4e. I have been playing as a female Shadar-Kai assassin as a joke but the character grew on me. My other character was a goliath Monk He was a lot of fun. Right now i am DM an Underdark campaing and i'm also working on a story with another character i made A half Drow Rouge. I play all sorts of video games. And i like lofs of different kinds of music. Well i'm not sure what else to tell yall so if you have any questions just ask?  
PostPosted: Wed Jul 27, 2011 2:41 pm
What's up? xp  

Suicidesoldier#1

Fanatical Zealot

BLACKxXxVALOR

PostPosted: Sun Jul 31, 2011 11:31 am
Hi everybody smile my names josh. i play a lot of 4e and i have played a little bit of 3.5, i usually play more intelligent, caster type characters but i want to start playing some beefy mele characters because im tired of being squishy razz my main character right now is a shard mind psion lvl 23. i play lots of video games: like WoW and guild wars and i like lots of music because im a musician. my favorite kind of music is death metal. i've never really played D&D online so hopefully i can jump right into a game and start having fun! smile  
PostPosted: Sun Jul 31, 2011 1:00 pm
Welcome to the guild. I'm not sure any 4e games are recruiting right now, but RainYupa is retooling Merc Work, so that might be something to look into soon. You could run your own game, but I would advise getting some experience playing in a forum game before you run one.  

Arc Vembris
Crew

Cute Things In Jars

Anxious Poster

10,675 Points
  • Partygoer 500
  • Bunny Spotter 50
  • Megathread 100
PostPosted: Tue Aug 02, 2011 6:21 pm
So...I'm new...I'm Elizabeth, please call me Beth...
I've been playing 4.0 for about a year...I've done 2 campaigns, and to prove how Awesome I am, I'd like to share my 3 favourite stories from my campaigns

story 1:
Okay, So our party is walking through the woods, and the DM is like
"You see a gazebo"...our fighter says, "Okay, I take my sword to it"
The DM was a little confused and said, "Well, okay...you attack the Gazebo, and nothing happens" This repeats 2 more times before the DM stands up at the table and shouts, "It's a Gazebo, what do you want from me!"...The fighter's RPer replies, "I dunno, something!". Without any hesitation, the DM shouts, "FINE! You've awakened Gonzo, the Gazebo God! And now, a million Gazebos rain down upon the party!"...From that instant, everyone switched their faiths to Gonzology...

story 2:
So, we were doing a one shot campaign cause a friend's cousins were in town. Our party was after ghost spiders, and we chased them to a swamp. Our first encounter begins, and the group already falls apart. For one, our party is the Special Party...Gangrene the gnome fighter, Jumbolina dwarf cleric, Voltron the construct artificer, Mika the human warlock (me), and Kegger the elf mage. We're up against 2 goblins and 4 water sprites. So, Kegger starts off by using a free skill that lets him turn water any colour he wants...he chooses yellow...The water sprite that engaged me knocked me down, and I failed my roles, so now i'm drowning in knee high water...The fight goes on, and the entire time, I'm spent on by back, drowning in knee high water as the mage keeps turing the water colours and everyone is dieing. After the fight, My character had to roll a PTSD check and gained a fear of water and a greater fear of yellow water.

Story 3:
So, this was from my very first D&D game...Our party was against a cult who worshiped a snake deity. After our 8th run in with small assassin groups of these snake worshipers, our ranger says, man, I'm pissed. I'm going to kill the god so this is over with. The whole table is shocked...the DM plays along and says, "Okay..roll" the ranger rolls a 20....the DM does his roll...a 1....the DM stares at the rolls in awe...silence takes the game as he says, okay...you shoot an arrow into the air, somehow, an inter dimensional portal opens, and the god is struck in the middle of the head, killing him. He spent the entire campaign calling himself "God Slayer"...

oh, any 4e accepting?  
PostPosted: Tue Aug 02, 2011 6:54 pm
... darn it! I didn't want to know about the yellow water! mad

I think you'll find the games here a smidgen more serious than that sweatdrop But definitely, if you wanted to start a less serious game, I think you'd have a lot of backing! smile  

Rain Yupa
Captain

Enduring Member

Vaixn

PostPosted: Tue Aug 02, 2011 7:09 pm
hey I'm richard but I have no experience with D&D so could someone give me a few pointers to learn this faster.  
PostPosted: Tue Aug 02, 2011 7:14 pm
Rain Yupa
... darn it! I didn't want to know about the yellow water! mad

I think you'll find the games here a smidgen more serious than that sweatdrop But definitely, if you wanted to start a less serious game, I think you'd have a lot of backing! smile

lol, our games are serious, but there comes a point when we just have to cut loose once in a while. Though when we do one shot adventures, we're not serious at all...hence Voltron the artificer adn kegger the elf xd

I'm actually temped to get a serious but not campaign started up...though I cant DM for butt with my experience.... sweatdrop  

Cute Things In Jars

Anxious Poster

10,675 Points
  • Partygoer 500
  • Bunny Spotter 50
  • Megathread 100

Rain Yupa
Captain

Enduring Member

PostPosted: Tue Aug 02, 2011 7:17 pm
The only way to get better at it, is to do it!

I had EXTREMELY LIMITED gamemastering experience prior to the guild (twice, ever). I just approached it in a sink-or-swim fashion.  
The Dungeons & Dragons Guild

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 ... 20 21 22 23 [>] [>>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff