Welcome to Gaia! ::

The Dungeons & Dragons Guild

Back to Guilds

A Dungeons & Dragons Roleplaying Guild - We have many active games, join requests are checked often, and everyone is accepted. 

Tags: Dungeons, Dragons, Roleplaying, Dungeons and Dragons 

Reply The Dungeons & Dragons Guild
Token guild introduction thread! Goto Page: [] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Kowsauni
Crew

PostPosted: Mon May 09, 2016 10:52 pm
Noname 51
Noname has no name, though you can call me. . .

Hello, I'm Noname, 51 (or Ken). Though, I have played, and DMed, most of the Dungeons and Dragons series; my favorite memories are with in the 3.5 era. Something about slaying skeletons with hugs, a wolf winning arena battles for his unconscious ranger master, and grabbing everything not nailed to the floor to sell later; made it stick out as a grand era.

But, the eternal campaign must continue.

Outside the game; I'm a reader(today's tv programs bore me), gamer, and driver. I can't think of any thing to add...

On to the games!!! scream . . . Where be they at? question

I might have a spot coming open in my game in the next few days. I have a rule where if someone doesn't post for two weeks without giving me a justifiable reason for it I remove them from the campaign. They have already been warned once. If they don't post in the next few days I might be able to work you into the game.

It is a 4ed D&D game where the player characters are level 5. The information can be found on the main page in the thread titled "Heart of a Monster" I will let you know if the spot become available.  
PostPosted: Mon May 09, 2016 11:32 pm
I'd also say your best bet would be 5th edition, since it's so new. I think people would be most apt to play that. And it seems Pathfinder is universally loved, if it comes down to that.

That said, I'm a huge fan of 4th edition and my personal, biased opinion will always lean towards that sweatdrop

But, yes please! The more games that are running here, the more the guild will be active, more games will pop up, more activity will happen... it's a cycle of awesome. But people need to be a foundation for more activity to sprout from ^-^  

Rain Yupa
Captain

Enduring Member

Rain Yupa
Captain

Enduring Member

PostPosted: Mon May 09, 2016 11:46 pm
Kowsauni
I might have a spot coming open in my game in the next few days. I have a rule where if someone doesn't post for two weeks without giving me a justifiable reason for it I remove them from the campaign. They have already been warned once. If they don't post in the next few days I might be able to work you into the game.

I've been trying to include her crying  
PostPosted: Tue May 10, 2016 2:28 am
Awesome applesauce!

Give me a day or two for the character, thinking a wizard, and campaign.  

Noname 51

aqua_inc

PostPosted: Sat May 21, 2016 8:52 am
Hey guys! The name's Danny.

I learned about D&D from my dad who played AD&D back in the 70's and 80's. He never taught me how to play though, just left me with his books. So I read the player's handbook and instantly loved the game. Immediately I went and learned as much as i could about 4e. I then bought the fourth edition rulebooks (just a few months before 5e came out) and started a group with my friends. Well, about a year has passed and I've recently gotten into 5e and i have the PHB. I've always wanted to give Play by Post a shot so here I am.

Since my friends dont want to bother with the DMG, I usually DM all of the games. But I do have two versions of a character created. One using homebrew, the other using only the core rules.

Maxwell Silvius, High Elf. Gunslinger 4 (Spellslinger)
Maxwell Silvius, High Elf. Wizard 3 (School of Illusion)

I'm pretty proud of the rather extensive backstory I have invented for him, and the rather large world that goes with it. I'm willing to give DMing a game a chance using the world I've built, but I'm really here to play. smile  
PostPosted: Sat May 21, 2016 10:48 am
Welcome! Yeah, for 3rd and 5th editions, the DMG has all the cool magic items, so it's your friends' loss!

If you do ever find some cheap 3rd edition books, I'd highly recommend them for the sake of being to build whatever kind of character you want. They have a LOT of source material. 5th edition's still kinda new, and not that many people like 4th (even though its my personal favorite).

I'm always happy to see DMs show up in the guild, and will encourage you to run whatever you want to run. If you came to play though, that works too. Generally, whenever I DM, I usually give first dibs in games I start to players who also DM other games. 3nodding

NoName's about to start up a game I think, but I was still hazy on the details last I looked at that thread. I'd keep an eye open for it.  

Rain Yupa
Captain

Enduring Member

aqua_inc

PostPosted: Sat May 21, 2016 11:42 am
Rain Yupa
I'm always happy to see DMs show up in the guild, and will encourage you to run whatever you want to run.

I might create a thread just about the world of Ashe that me and my friends have put together. It has a map, a lore, and rather large pantheon of gods based on the 4e pantheon. It's still rather incomplete so any help or input would be appreciated wink

Maybe once I feel the world is fleshed out enough I might run an open ended campaign that I'm designing for the world  
PostPosted: Sat May 21, 2016 1:45 pm
Since I've been seeing a lot of new faces as of late, I'm wondering if I should start a new campaign (4e, of course) for them. Would there be enough new people interested in a brand-new campaign to warrant the effort of me working on one?

Let me know, guys!  

Rain Yupa
Captain

Enduring Member

aqua_inc

PostPosted: Sun May 22, 2016 6:50 pm
Hey, I am totally up for a 4e adventure (i actually really like 4e). I've even come up with a cool new character that i would love to try out.  
PostPosted: Tue May 24, 2016 7:14 pm
Hey everybody!

My name is Joe and I've come to really enjoy D&D over the past few years.

I played in a 3.5 campaign with some friends irl pretty regularly for a long while. I DM'd one session and it went well, but that's about the extent of my experience as a dungeon master. Maybe I'll get some practice at it on this board.

I've played in a couple different 3.5 campaigns on a different forum, and I'm currently in a 5e game on that same forum. I'm really enjoying 5th edition.

I look forward to experiencing numerous critical failures with you guys.  

Joe Subject

Antares90

6,450 Points
  • First step to fame 200
  • Autobiographer 200
  • Dressed Up 200
PostPosted: Thu Aug 04, 2016 10:46 pm
Hey everyone!

I've joined the guild a while back but I didn't know where to start posting until I found this thread.

Currently playing as a Monk in a 3.5e session and while I'm still learning the ropes I would also like play with more people. I only know about 3.5 D&D so any other editions or games will take time to learn.

I'm also a writer and currently writing a long work of fiction and it's my dream to make a game out of it someday. The least I can hope for is turning it into a campaign should I ever choose to DM someday.  
PostPosted: Sat Oct 08, 2016 9:56 pm
hey hey! thanks for the acceptance, rain!

my name's dante (user: existential funnyman) and i'm a 3.5e dungeon master (i've been playing regularly for about 6 years now!); though it's worth saying i've been in a lot more campaigns than i have hosted my own. i've also dabbled a smidge into 5e (thanks critical role!) and pathfinder.

i'm currently in the process of making a huge campaign for my irl buds, but i've been hitting some pretty bad roadblocks lately. hopefully playing (and maybe even hosting) some games will get me back into the swing of things.

with that being said, i've literally only just joined--and i'm not so much used to doing d&d online--but if anyone is willing to take a chance on me feel free to hit me up with some campaign recommendations, whether you quote me here or shoot me a sweet private message cat_cool

thanks for having me around! i'm really looking forward to interacting with y'all.  

truck freak

Anxious Werewolf

Rain Yupa
Captain

Enduring Member

PostPosted: Sun Oct 09, 2016 12:39 pm
Existential Funnyman
hey hey! thanks for the acceptance, rain!

my name's dante (user: existential funnyman) and i'm a 3.5e dungeon master (i've been playing regularly for about 6 years now!); though it's worth saying i've been in a lot more campaigns than i have hosted my own. i've also dabbled a smidge into 5e (thanks critical role!) and pathfinder.

i'm currently in the process of making a huge campaign for my irl buds, but i've been hitting some pretty bad roadblocks lately. hopefully playing (and maybe even hosting) some games will get me back into the swing of things.

with that being said, i've literally only just joined--and i'm not so much used to doing d&d online--but if anyone is willing to take a chance on me feel free to hit me up with some campaign recommendations, whether you quote me here or shoot me a sweet private message cat_cool

thanks for having me around! i'm really looking forward to interacting with y'all.

No problem!

I worry that trying to get inspiration from playing here might not work out that well for you in the short-term, since PBP (play by post) games tend to go pretty slowly. Both as a DM and a player, I try to post as quickly as I can, but some other people (not all) have RL obligations that keep them from doing the same, I think.

What may benefit you would simply be discussions about things. Ask for ideas, ask for people's experiences, etc. Feel free to make a topic about it!

I don't think there's any 3.5 (or 5e) campaigns currently running, and I need to clean up the inactive subforums again sweatdrop My general recommendation for new players in the guild is the best way to play something right out of the gate is to DM something, unless your timing is really good. When I joined this guild, that was what I did. (And it apparently made me the prime candidate for captainship when the guild owner disappeared from Gaia sweatdrop ).  
PostPosted: Sun Oct 09, 2016 2:09 pm
Rain Yupa

true that! i myself work about 5 nights a week so i understand that real life can really get in the way sometimes. i'll make a discussion topic soon and see where that takes me!

with that in mind, i'll see about coming up with a little 3.5e campaign to run here in the future. i'll need to figure out my plot first, but i probably won't get too crazy with it.

thanks for the pointers!  

truck freak

Anxious Werewolf

Blacklight Anatomy

1,400 Points
  • Timid 100
  • Signature Look 250
  • Hygienic 200
PostPosted: Tue Oct 18, 2016 10:33 am
I should probably post here huh.

Caus, veteran of Pathfinder, 3.5, Dark heresy, Black Crusade, Deathwatch, Only War, Rogue Trader. My newest obsession is L5R.  
The Dungeons & Dragons Guild

Goto Page: [] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff