Welcome to Gaia! ::

The Dungeons & Dragons Guild

Back to Guilds

A Dungeons & Dragons Roleplaying Guild - We have many active games, join requests are checked often, and everyone is accepted. 

Tags: Dungeons, Dragons, Roleplaying, Dungeons and Dragons 

Reply The Dungeons & Dragons Guild
Token guild introduction thread! Goto Page: [] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 9 10 11 12 13 14 ... 20 21 22 23 [>] [>>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Feel Good MD

Gracious Guildsman

4,650 Points
  • Alchemy Level 1 100
  • Treasure Hunter 100
  • Guildmember 100
PostPosted: Sat Dec 08, 2012 1:03 am
Durandarte
My favorite D&D systems are 2nd Edition AD&D and 4E.

Thats a surprise to be honest most people hated 4e it makes me glad Im not alone biggrin  
PostPosted: Mon Dec 10, 2012 10:49 pm
I like 4e for the simple fact that it is easy to get into for a quickie campaign. Only two sheets to fill and BAM you are good to go.  

Tanimeso

Aged Smoker

4,650 Points
  • Forum Regular 100
  • Risky Lifestyle 100
  • Cart Raider 100

Durandarte

PostPosted: Thu Dec 13, 2012 9:26 pm
Tanimeso
I like 4e for the simple fact that it is easy to get into for a quickie campaign. Only two sheets to fill and BAM you are good to go.

Pretty much my thoughts. I just kinda of skipped 3.5 and only got back into D&D once 4e came out. I'm just biased towards 2nd because of nostalgia and I like the whole classic pulp fantasy feel of it.  
PostPosted: Thu Dec 13, 2012 9:43 pm
Durandarte

I think thats what a lot of the anti-4e sentiment all boils down to, "its different than version x and thats what I played the most there fore it is inferior"  

Feel Good MD

Gracious Guildsman

4,650 Points
  • Alchemy Level 1 100
  • Treasure Hunter 100
  • Guildmember 100

Bayesian Nash

PostPosted: Sat Dec 15, 2012 9:06 am
(Hate to cut in the middle of this conversation, but...)

Hullo! I've just joined your lovely-looking guild, and I'm excited to have been made a part of it! My name is Bayesian Nash (or Bay, or Nash, or the whole kit and caboodle), and I'm a roleplayer.

I've been in two RL campaigns so far, both 4e, but I've had other experience with the d20 system from the Star Wars RPG when I was younger. I've played healers and damage dealers, although I'm willing to try anything when it comes to roleplaying. I'm a bit of a drama queen (don't kill me!), and I'm looking forward to roleplaying here!  
PostPosted: Sat Dec 15, 2012 2:35 pm
Bayesian Nash
(Hate to cut in the middle of this conversation, but...)

Hullo! I've just joined your lovely-looking guild, and I'm excited to have been made a part of it! My name is Bayesian Nash (or Bay, or Nash, or the whole kit and caboodle), and I'm a roleplayer.

I've been in two RL campaigns so far, both 4e, but I've had other experience with the d20 system from the Star Wars RPG when I was younger. I've played healers and damage dealers, although I'm willing to try anything when it comes to roleplaying. I'm a bit of a drama queen (don't kill me!), and I'm looking forward to roleplaying here!

Welcome aboard, Ms. Nash! Pleasure to have ya smile

@ 4e discussion: I started D&D at the release of 3rd. I much prefer 4th because of its emphasis on teamwork. 3rd gave some players the ability to showboat; melee classes in earlier levels, spellcasting in later. 4th got rid of a lot of mismatched balancing that made the game boring for some players, but to get the most out of it, you have to work together! I adore co-op play smile  

Rain Yupa
Captain

Enduring Member

Tanimeso

Aged Smoker

4,650 Points
  • Forum Regular 100
  • Risky Lifestyle 100
  • Cart Raider 100
PostPosted: Sat Dec 15, 2012 2:56 pm
I played a bit of 2e WAY back. Just as I was starting to really get into the fiction genre. It was kinda cool, but I never got to go back and play as much as I wanted. The group I was with kinda imploded in on itself. Came back to it just semi recently with 4e. I Dm'd a bit with the Harkenwood campaign, that was interesting seeing as I only had two others, but I suppose that is better then nothing.  
PostPosted: Sat Dec 15, 2012 10:20 pm
One day I'd like to run another 2e game, but finding enough players who're willing to learn the (rather obtuse) ruleset has proven difficult.  

Durandarte

Mamoru Shigehito

Tricky Lunatic

9,300 Points
  • Battle: Mage 100
  • Bookworm 100
  • Streaker 200
PostPosted: Mon Dec 17, 2012 11:41 am
Hello all I just recently joined, but I've been in a couple D&D campaigns that were used 3.5. Although I've never really used 4.0 I figured it might be worth a shot; also its seems with the 5.0 that they are going back to older editions.  
PostPosted: Tue Jan 15, 2013 2:57 pm
Good day, everyone, I'm Explosion or Array. XD

I've been in "informal" campaigns where the DM is a braggart pulling stuff from his bum regarding rules and well, everything. -__-; So, I'm looking forward to actually try out and play the real game. I have the 3.5 corebook and I can get ahold of other ones if I need to. I've read through it and I know how to make a character and all, but I'm still quite inexperienced. I hope to get my feet wet and at least get through one campaign, but I'd love to get through more. V^_^V

I'm willing to learn and I look forward to playing with you all.

Thank you for putting up with me, ahead of time. sweatdrop

~E. A.  

-Explosion-Array-

Feral Warlord

9,950 Points
  • Love Machine 150
  • Battle: Rogue 100
  • Protector of Cuteness 150

KounetsuDeb

Wrathful Reveler

PostPosted: Sat Jan 19, 2013 9:35 am
Hey guys. I've played D&D on and off since Advanced, although I never really got into it until 3.5e. I've messed around with Rifts a bit, it was interesting and fun but not as enjoyable. Lately, all I play is 4e, although some other games have had some appeal. Iron Kingdoms and World of Darkness, specifically.  
Yukienesa rolled 1 20-sided dice: 17 Total: 17 (1-20)
PostPosted: Mon Jan 28, 2013 7:15 pm
What's up? I started D&D by playing the old Bioware/Black Isle games because no one I knew around me could learn/know the rules.

Fast forward to now where I'm forever DM among my buddies because I happen to know more of the rules than anyone else. At least I've got the imagination to back it up.

While I do have a bunch of character concepts I want to play, I've also got two fanfic-type campaigns going on in the back of my head: One being a remake of Ocarina of Time, and the other being a Fourth Age Lord of the Rings game reassembling the Silmarils.

All-in-all, I'm excited to come back to play. biggrin And Yuki is fine for short.  

Yukienesa

Balthazar Faust

PostPosted: Tue Jan 29, 2013 2:20 pm
Hey all, just joined and I am on a phone posting this so sorry, gonna be that way until I get a new computer. Anyway I am a huge gamer, been playing while even I was in diapers lol, and have been role playing for about 13 years, DnD for 2 not much of a stretch, I've DMed my own campaigns all of them based on my own world(s) kind of a strange world in a world type system, if I start a campaign you might all find out. Currently I am going to college for computer science, and lets see, my character? How bout I instead tell you a tale of my favorite, the god halfling bard Alan Tuft or as he goes by on stage the infamous Johnny Luvv. Before I retired him to being the primary god of my world he was an epic level character with 20/10/10 levels, 20 as a bard, 10 as a sublime chorde, and 10 as exemplar, with this fun combination he is able to play a song (I always heard the crescendo of requiem for a dream in my head when doing this tbh) that could do an obsurd amount of damage, with only a reflex save for half, yeah that sort of is how he became a god actually, killed Imhotep and took his divine spark, it was fun. Dear me I rambled, anyway nice to meet you all.  
PostPosted: Mon Feb 25, 2013 10:46 pm
Hello! New here! It is nice to find a guild dedicated to roleplaying. I got into these kind of games when I was younger and a friend of mine in grade school lent me their 3rd edition monster manual. It really grabbed my interest and eventually I got into playing.

I don't think there was really a roleplaying game that I have tried that I outright disliked. I have played AD&D, 3/3.5 D&D, 4e D&D, Pathfinder, GURPS, Shadowrun, a Vampire the Masquerade LARP one time, and recently tried out Thieves' World.  

TrafalgarLawl

Miffed Sheep

PostPosted: Tue Mar 26, 2013 2:44 pm
I'm Sheep, and I'm not really all that interesting. I enjoy RPGs, tabletop and digital, so I figured I'd try getting back into D&D. I'm passionate about music, and I'm constantly toying around with different sounds on my computer. Uh. I'm a guy, as well. Well yeah that's about it.  
The Dungeons & Dragons Guild

Goto Page: [] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 9 10 11 12 13 14 ... 20 21 22 23 [>] [>>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff